Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Imperialist is offline Junior Member

Bush giving $20 Million to Palestinian Authority

WASHINGTON, Nov 17 (Reuters) - The Bush administration, as part of a renewed push for peace in the Middle East, plans to give $20 million in U.S. aid directly to the Palestinian Authority, sources familiar with the plan said on Wednesday.

The administration notified key congressional committees on Wednesday of the move, which could be announced when outgoing U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell meets with Palestinian officials in the West Bank early next week, the sources said.

Seems like a good guy trying to do his best in tough circumstances. I think it is a great idea

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N17449823.htm

marka is offline Associate Member
    He is definetely a good person in my opinion. But he didnt decide to do this because he was just a good guy. Its a smart diplomatic and political move. I think we are going to see a very positive next 4 years. I feel that he learned alot from his first 4, and will do stuff alot better now.

Good guy would be if he gave ME $20 mil.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    How about we pay our own bills first.......and then cut Israeli aid by 20 mil and give it to the palestinians.

marka is offline Associate Member
    Interesting point.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i say screw the palestinians why dont we use the money toward the national debt problem? I love bush but why doesnt any president every address the debt problem in this country?

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    i say screw the palestinians why dont we use the money toward the national debt problem? I love bush but why doesnt any president every address the debt problem in this country?
    exactly.......how do we think think we have the money to give them???.....our checkbook is in the red.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    20 million is nothing. Why dont you complain about the billions that the US gives to Israel.

zOaib is offline VET
    what ! and u want the working communiyt in thsi country roam freely about their wills , debt is a way to control the masses , keep them busy making money and paying off , they wont have time to even think about anythign other than , when they will have sex next or when will they win the lottery !

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    How about we pay our own bills first.......and then cut Israeli aid by 20 mil and give it to the palestinians.

EXACTLY! what about our problems huh? our huge national debt... come on guys we need that $ as bad as they do. i know 20mill is pocket change here but he could put that into something that will get rid of "no child left behind" perfect name but no planning to it. typical bush--spoken from a republican

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    20 million is nothing. Why dont you complain about the billions that the US gives to Israel.

i wouldnt give you a wooden nickle hahahahahaah jk i would give you a wooden nickle, i promise

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Give 20 million dollars to people who burn your flag almost daily, who danced for joy at 9/11 etc, etc, etc.. or give it to people who give total and absolutely support to the USA?.

What Americans fail to see is what you get out of your money thats spent in Israel. Just one example of Israel looking after American interests in the Middle East. What would have happened had Israel lost just one war in the last 50 yrs?.. I'll tell you what would have happened. Russia and China would have had control over the oil fields thats what. EVERY Arab country opposing Israel is allied to Russia and China, back by them both financially and militarily. Had Israel lost one war, America would have lost the cold war. Thats what you guys never fail to see!. If it didn't suit America's needs your government wouldn't give Israel the backing it does. Before anyone starts crying about the Jewish vote in America, remember the Irish vote is far greater and we don't get a fraction of what Israel receives. Even in our war with England we got nothing from you guys, so if it didn't suit your needs, Israel wouldn't get one red cent.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    20million and a ticket to eastern europe could surely solve my lack of sex problem for good.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    We dont give Isreal aid. We dont sell them weapons. We allow our contractors to sell them what we got. There is aid going out but not anything like during the Clinton Administration. We prolly supported the entire continent of Africa. We gave BILLIONS to Arafat to come to a peace meeting.

Bush is doing to try to have some influence on the new goverment. Which is stupid to even try anything with that situation. I believe the Palastinian people would be against anything the United States proposed.

They do not like us..

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Bush is doing to try to have some influence on the new goverment. Which is stupid to even try anything with that situation. I believe the Palastinian people would be against anything the United States proposed.

They do not like us..
    most foreign nations dont b/c we go in and take what we want. lots of people dont know that.

Militia is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Give 20 million dollars to people who burn your flag almost daily, who danced for joy at 9/11 etc, etc, etc.. or give it to people who give total and absolutely support to the USA?.

What Americans fail to see is what you get out of your money thats spent in Israel. Just one example of Israel looking after American interests in the Middle East. What would have happened had Israel lost just one war in the last 50 yrs?.. I'll tell you what would have happened. Russia and China would have had control over the oil fields thats what. EVERY Arab country opposing Israel is allied to Russia and China, back by them both financially and militarily. Had Israel lost one war, America would have lost the cold war. Thats what you guys never fail to see!. If it didn't suit America's needs your government wouldn't give Israel the backing it does. Before anyone starts crying about the Jewish vote in America, remember the Irish vote is far greater and we don't get a fraction of what Israel receives. Even in our war with England we got nothing from you guys, so if it didn't suit your needs, Israel wouldn't get one red cent.
    its been 2 years and u keep repeating this at a rate of 5 times a month!

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    By giving aid the US is actually buying itself influence and control. If it hadn't given aid to Israel, I doubt today we'd have most, if not all of the El Al planes American made. I remember several years ago El Al was looking to buy more planes, and got a better offer from a European maker, but ended up buying the American made ones. Why? Because of the influence the Americans have in Israel. Simple. The aid the Americans will now give to the Palestinians is to serve one goal - political influence. 20million is nothing, and you can be sure THAT won't solve anything in the US. This money is given to the Palestinians now after Arafat is out of the way in an attempt to get influence with the new Palestinian leadership.

It's all politics, it's all meant to serve American interests and I'm surprised many of you don't see it.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Militia
    its been 2 years and u keep repeating this at a rate of 5 times a month!

physio_sport is offline Banned

there where israelis who where also caught laughing and dancing when 9/11 happened.
    there was a documentry about it in england and thoses people where even interviewed and when they where asked if they where spys they tried to weasel there way out of the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    there where israelis who where also caught laughing and dancing when 9/11 happened.
    there was a documentry about it in england and thoses people where even interviewed and when they where asked if they where spys they tried to weasel there way out of the questions.

Weren't they the guys on the rooftop with the white van filming the whole thing and dancing for joy?

Russia and China would not control the oil fields.......it's multinational corps that keep the oil flowing. Russia has oil to sell too and they don't want to lose the US market. We consume the most and people want to sell to US.
    It's not the Jewish vote.......it's the Jewish MONEY.......and Jewish people in high governmental positions. And Israel is just for themselves......that's why we are always catching their spies in the US.

Exactly.

That is probably the most unbelivable and unreal statment I have heard you say, since you said Mohammed Atta was held by Israel at one time.

Are you saying just because of Israel the US won the cold war? Are you saying it is because of Israel the US controls Middle East oil fields?

America HAS NEVER, used Israel as a military base in any middle east wars, instead they use Muslim countries like Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar, etc etc.

To put it very simply, Israel has done nothing positive for the US, all they have brought on the US is pain and misery.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    That is probably the most unbelivable and unreal statment I have heard you say, since you said Mohammed Atta was held by Israel at one time.

Are you saying just because of Israel the US won the cold war? Are you saying it is because of Israel the US controls Middle East oil fields?

America HAS NEVER, used Israel as a military base in any middle east wars, instead they use Muslim countries like Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar, etc etc.

To put it very simply, Israel has done nothing positive for the US, all they have brought on the US is pain and misery.
    exactly true.
    but bouncers love for israel is too great and he will continue to push that story again and again. actually i think thats the 4th time he has actually talked about israel protecting americas instrest in the world

Weren't they the guys on the rooftop with the white van filming the whole thing and dancing for joy?
    yes i was talking about them.

yes i was talking about them.
    This was on ABC news, now it has been taken off.

http://ww1.sundayherald.com/37707

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html

My contention would be that there were people with prior knowledge of 911 and did not inform our government........I think there were Israeli spies that knew and did not tell us........that should be enough to not only discontinue aid......but also sever diplomatic relations with Israel
    Last edited by Badgerman; 11-20-2004 at 01:19 AM.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Quite frankly I don't know who to believe anymore. Which I think is their strategy. Throw enough at you that you get confused and worn out.

You cant even compare the two. The palastinians had a Parade for the 9/11 atttack.

You cant even compare the two. The palastinians had a Parade for the 9/11 atttack.
    I'm not comparing the two. It's just disturbing to think Israeli intelligence had prior knowledge of the attack and didn't warn US.......I would hope that if we had the same information about Canada or Mexico we would warn them......it's just the right thing to do.........it seems Israel wants us to be targets just like they are which draws us into the fray......not good

Odin is offline Member
    Well I think giving them that money might be a good idea, 1st thing it would get the chip off the shoulder after the death of Arafat. Plus your most poverty strikin area's anywhere have the most crime, Example Detriot, Washington DC. Trying to suppress them will only lead to more deaths of Israelis and Palestians. So the goal should be to try relax them and give them a little respect, even if you don't think they deserve it. Plus if you brand them as terrorist they have nothing to loose by becoming one. Isrealis Ego tends to get a lot of their own people killed. On the other side of the deal The Palentians got a great oppurtunity from Barak to get a lot of land and passed it by. I feel trying to help them out with Money, and respect will go a long way, but they better don't pass their chance up again cause it might be the last one.

I'm not comparing the two. It's just disturbing to think Israeli intelligence had prior knowledge of the attack and didn't warn US.......I would hope that if we had the same information about Canada or Mexico we would warn them......it's just the right thing to do.........it seems Israel wants us to be targets just like they are which draws us into the fray......not good

You are right if they had prior knowledge of the attack and they didnt warn us that was wrong. Has that Info been confirmed in any way?? Yeah and Isreal would have motive to let us be attacked by arab/"muslims".

And even if Israel did have information about the 911 attack (it didn't but lets suppose it did), what makes you so sure the Americans would have listened to Israel's warnings?

The Americans have a history in not listening to Israel's warnings, for example with one of the 911 attackers who was in an Israeli jail and was release at the US request although Israel warned he was a dangerous man.

DOnt think Rak Ani that mt statements here lately are anti-isreal. I have a positive veiw of Jewish people and think christians and jews have a good relationship.

By the way Rak Ani is this your real name??

DOnt think Rak Ani that mt statements here lately are anti-isreal. I have a positive veiw of Jewish people and think christians and jews have a good relationship.

By the way Rak Ani is this your real name??
    Rak Ani isn't a name. Its two Hebrew words. Whoever can tell me what they mean first gets a prize.

I agree with R_A....it's American Interests at work, most likely. If oil were not a necessity (but rather a luxury...like diamonds, perhaps) the Middle East would be as important to the US as Africa.

And most likely, it would also basically resemble Africa in terms of famine, plague, deaths, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    If oil were not a necessity (but rather a luxury...like diamonds, perhaps) the Middle East would be as important to the US as Africa.

And most likely, it would also basically resemble Africa in terms of famine, plague, deaths, etc...

Africa is actually extremly rich in natural resources, and produces a large amount of oil, natural gas, and other minerals including the luxury gold/dimonds and so on. The only difference between Africa and the middle east is that Africa's political and government status has been horribly unstable to non-exsistent!! Thats why oil companies go there and just take the what they need and only deal with some corrupt officials that provide some security to the companies in exchange for money. The US has no interest in helping forming strong established African governments because past experience showed that civil war always happens quick and its never pretty down there when it comes to number of casualties.

The middle east on the other hand has been a lot more stable government wise!! many people give me a shocked look when i say that and they say 'wha do u mean? look at palestine and israel conflict" ...and i reply that palestine has never in the hstory of mankind been a greed-battle for oil!! When i say middle eastern countries i mean Kuwait, UAE, Oman , Qatar, Bahrain, even Iran have all had extremly stable governments and relatons with their oil customers and they havent had any political mayhem for the last say 20+years .....these countries are all moving very quickly towards being non-dependant on oil because of their growing commerce and economies....adn when these countries start depending less and less on oil then thats where the fears come because that will mean lower production....higher oil proces!! for years and years to come!! thats why the US is more interested politically in those areas of the world tan in Africa where 10 years from now u still wont find functional governments in most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    . The only difference between Africa and the middle east is that Africa's political and government status has been horribly unstable to non-exsistent!!
    Yes...the middle east is a beacon of political and governmental stability....

Hey man i provided true facts and if u chose to mock what i said then i can only hope that one day u see for yoursel that u were wrong and your opinion was based on one or two examples that dont represent the entire middel east region. And remember if u dont allow yourself to open your mind and think freely instead of being closed minded....then u my friend hate freedom!
    Last edited by KAEW44; 11-20-2004 at 07:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information