Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

A "theory" about all religions

This will probably piss of alot of people but anyway.

Have any of you ever considered why all big religions are very old? There hasnt started any big religion the last 500 years or so. Why doesnt people get divine visions anymore, why does no new prophets arise? Why dont we se big "miracles" happen anymore.

Just entertain this thought for a moment.

What if all the things different prophets saw, all gods signs(and with this I mean the judo/christian/muslim god and all the old greek gods, norse gods, hindu gods ect)where just another advances species that took advantage of our gullibility and made themself look like gods to us

I mean to me that possibility sounds even more plausible then for there to exist a god that realy does engage himself in every day earthly life.

Maby in 2000 years or so we have the ability to roam the galaxy. If we stumble upon a primitive society like the old egypts, greeks or something along those lines. Would it be so hard to belive that some of us humans would go there, make themself gods to that people and toy around with them. Make them build stuff for us(the pyramids), be our slaves and so on. Maby even try to help them, guide them, teach them about moral and give them guidelines to a happy prosperous life, but not tell them we are just mortals because that would confuse them so and make our words less meaningfull.

If we would pic one of those uneducated people, put him/her in a space ship and take them on a round trip through their solar system, show them some fancy weapons and gadgets. That person would for sure then tell everyone about his meeting with a god and gospel about what the god told him to say to his people.

That would explain why they havent showed upp for a while. Now most people would be able to separate technology from "magic" and even though the aliens could put upp a spectacular show for us we would probably understand they are just aliens and not gods. There play time on earth is over and all that is left is the religions they started thousands of years ago.

Kinda like Star Gate

I mean Im not saying I belive this. But what makes this more unlikely and ubelivable then the existanse of a god

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Have any of you ever considered why all big religions are very old? There hasnt started any big religion the last 500 years or so. Why doesnt people get divine visions anymore, why does no new prophets arise? Why dont we se big "miracles" happen anymore.

I've wondered the same things. I don't understand how some religions can say that God doesn't communicate with us still. Does he not love his children just as much now as he did back then? Is the message not important anymore? Unless the answer to those questions is "Yes" then it makes no sense.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    judo/christian/muslim god
    Your still in the fighting forum mindset man...lol

but i did see a show on the sci-fi channel that went into detailed theories about the possibility of superior alien species that visited many years ago..the problem with many people is that when u say ALIEN they think u mean ET or X-files or something absurd..when infact if u think of the word ALIEN as meaning anything that is not living on this planet then that puts god under the definition of alien..which then makes it easier to think of this theory and start pondering the possibilites. If u can just thin of the word alien as meaning something out of earth instead of imagining all the movies u saw then its much much easier to get creative with this entire theory. The pyramids are ana mazing example of a possibility and also in south america i dont remember where exactly but the tv show showed a big big carving on the rock of a person in a flying contaption with a breathing apparatus and this carving was made a looooong time ago and discovered way before we could set foot in space.....just amazing i think .... there is must be an explanation out there....
    Last edited by KAEW44; 11-19-2004 at 06:38 PM.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    God is an alien and so are his people, aliens in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Your still in the fighting forum mindset man...lol

but i did see a show on the sci-fi channel that went into detailed theories about the possibility of superior alien species that visited many years ago..the problem with many people is that when u say ALIEN they think u mean ET or X-files or something absurd..when infact if u think of the word ALIEN as meaning anything that is not living on this planet then that puts god under the definition of alien..which then makes it easier to think of this theory and start pondering the possibilites. If u can just thin of the word alien as meaning something out of earth instead of imagining all the movies u saw then its much much easier to get creative with this entire theory. The pyramids are ana mazing example of a possibility and also in south america i dont remember where exactly but the tv show showed a big big carving on the rock of a person in a flying contaption with a breathing apparatus and this carving was made a looooong time ago and discovered way before we could set foot in space.....just amazing i think .... there is must be an explanation out there....
    Yes so many mysteries still not explained about the pyramids. Hell I would like to se if we could pull of such a amazing enginering feat todays as the great pyramid is.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Johan....some guy by the name of Eric Von Danniken (sp??) wrote a book called chariots of the gods. It's the closest anyone comes to any real serious discussion of this matter.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    I take my religion Islam to be the total truth. And follow it because I really really belive it.

Lets say it wasnt, which I know it isnt, because of my strong faith.

I still would say this religion is the best philosophy which I want to life my life by.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    hey cauc..is that u in ur avatar

Imperialist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    hey cauc..is that u in ur avatar
    Of course that is him!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Johan....some guy by the name of Eric Von Danniken (sp??) wrote a book called chariots of the gods. It's the closest anyone comes to any real serious discussion of this matter.
    Yeah I read that book when I was like 12. Dont remember that much about besides that he sounded very convincing. He has done a couple of shows for the discovery channel to. But from what I have heard and read he is full of ****. Would be fun to check all his sources.

when hem writes that the mahabaratmha(or how ever the **** its spelled a old indian religious text)mentions what could be intrupited as nuclear war I got a bit doubtfull.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    You just watched Aliens vs Predators huh?

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Umm.... Mormons are pretty new to the scene... same with jehovah's witnesses....

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Umm.... Mormons are pretty new to the scene... same with jehovah's witnesses....
    But they are still based on the same old stuff just a different view of it. No new prophets or miracels that have inspired the creation of those 2 religions as far as I know

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    But they are still based on the same old stuff just a different view of it. No new prophets or miracels that have inspired the creation of those 2 religions as far as I know

There's Scientology . . . that's something that a science fiction writer came up with in the 1950's.
    -Tock

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    The mormons have a prophet that begen that religion

If it intrests you there is a place in the bible that people think describes a UFO. I will find it for you if you want.

marka is offline Associate Member
    There is actually several new religions..................Bahai being one of them, started i think in the late 1800s or early 1900s....there growing fast, and have tons of money............they have a big temple in israel.....guilded dome, and everything...............they dont believe in asking people to join, you would join because you were convinced by a follower......they make huge temples, kind of like the mormons...so that people admire in awe the buildings and get curious to find out more.....................................

Thread Information