Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    dean1233 is offline Banned

Bush billboards... geez... starting to look like Saddam.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Ain't that the sad truth......get tired of lookin at the little cheerleader

mass junkie is offline banned
    Sorry, but I just dont see the connection in which this statement implies

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Sorry, but I just dont see the connection in which this statement implies
    Dictators have the habit of plastering their pictures, busts, etc etc all through society......self-glorification

Stalin, Adolf and Mao did the same thing...

But before starting a panic over what may be nothing, whats the context of that billboard? Is it a leftover election billboard (which would make a lot of sense), or is it a "praise the leader!" billboard? (which to me is a lot darker and sinister).

Context is everything...

Red

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    1st off, how often do you see these billboards?? 2nd, I agree with red ketchup. 3rd, id like to know where this billboard is. You can do a lot with photoshop and this may be a fake for someone trying to prove some stupid point.

dean1233 is offline Banned
    It's in Orlando... it's a post election billboard... and no, it's not photoshoped:

Orlando Sentinel

On my way to work Wednesday morning, I looked up and saw a giant billboard with a picture of George W. Bush and the words "OUR LEADER" under it. The first thing I thought was, when was the last time I have seen a president on a billboard? What is going on? Didn't Saddam Hussein have his picture up everywhere? What next, a statue?

I am so concerned with our country and the division. I still stand by my vote, which was for John Kerry. George W. Bush has a lot of work to do to change the way I feel. Putting him up on a billboard does not make him a better president. His actions speak louder than words.

I wonder if anyone else finds the president's picture on a billboard odd? I'm sorry, but it reminds me of countries with dictators, and it seems people are making him out to be the messiah, the savior of our world.

Fear, fear, fear. I'm tired of being afraid.

Dianna Lawson

Orlando

marka is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, some people adore Bush too much........it is kind of too much at times....some people will follow him blindly it seems.....and you cant even say somthing slightly bad about him,or your a traitor........definetely a very smart guy, he outsmarted Kerry in the elections......... But then again, maybe because he acts like a regular guy (and he isnt - dady pres, ivy league education, skull), that appeals to the masses so much.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    if it's a post election billboard what is the problem? It will be down soon. By law all election signs and billboards must be down within something like 90 days after said election. Now if the billboard were still up in March or something then maybe it would be cause for a thread, but this is absurd.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Besides the disclaimer on the bottom reads "not authourized by any candidate"...yaddah yaddah

I've got Bush toilet paper.
    Does that count as a biilllbored??

Thread Information