Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: Khaballa

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Khaballa

What the hell is Khaballa I know it some kind of mysticism based on judaism. Is there alot of people in that sect in israel or is it just hollywood starts joining thinking they are cool

Aboot is offline Banned
    This might answer some of your questions:

http://www.aish.com/spirituality/kabbala101/Kabbala_1_-_What_Is_Kabbala$.asp

And yes, there are a lot of bandwagon riders on this, but some are super serious about it.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    What the hell is Khaballa I know it some kind of mysticism based on judaism. Is there alot of people in that sect in israel or is it just hollywood starts joining thinking they are cool

Don't go into that. It's not something that just anybody who wants to can learn seriously and if you learn it not seriously you're wasting your time.

Kaballa deals with the "unknown", the "hidden" and the mistical side of Judaism.
    Last edited by Rak_Ani; 11-25-2004 at 05:10 PM.

Not that I would want to be involved with it. But is it like practicing some kind of magic? Healing and stuff like that that is normaly frowed upon??

Not that I would want to be involved with it. But is it like practicing some kind of magic? Healing and stuff like that that is normaly frowed upon??

No. "Magic" is a part of it, but Kaballa isn't about that. It's much bigger. It's about things I myself don't fully understand. It's about what God is, and all that has to do with it. I know a lot of people study it nowdays because it's the latest trend. I doubt the do it seriously because frankly the only ones who are really "qualified" to teach it, won't teach most of those who learn it. Women for example aren't supposed to, and neither are non Jews. It said that if you study it before you're ready, it can make you crazy because you learn a lot of things that many people won't be able to handle. I, in any case, don't intend to go into it. It's hard enough to understand the known, let alone the unknown.

There are Rabbis who do Kaballa. Usually these Rabbis have people coming to them for help in problem solving. Like a woman who was left by her man and wants "a spell" to get him back, or someone who is sick and wants cure. There's also bad uses of it, like the Pulsa Denura curse (which was put on Rabin just a few weeks before he was murdered).

In your personal oppinion do you belive there is any thruth to those kinds of curses or spell? any personal experience?

In your personal oppinion do you belive there is any thruth to those kinds of curses or spell? any personal experience?
    I have no personal experience with this, but I belive it's true.

A friend told me that in the Kaballa it's said that a baby, right before it's born, is taught the whole Tora by an angel, and then when the teaching is finished, the angel kisses the baby under the nose - above the lip. That shape we have there is from the the kiss. When the baby is kissed he doesn't remember anything - it's all in areas of the brain that we don't use.
    About 30 years ago was a story in the Israeli papers about a baby that started talking the day he was born. His family didn't know what to do so they took him to a Rabbi who does Kaballa and the Rabbi did something. Before they took him to the Rabbi the baby didn't have the thing under the nose, and the Rabbi did something that created it. After that (the "kiss of the angel") the baby started being a normal baby again.
    I asked my mom about this and she said she remembers it was in the papers, but she doesn't believe in it.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    How old and reliable are the roots/teachings/books of khaballah? and what is the Jewish general opinion on it?

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    How old and reliable are the roots/teachings/books of khaballah? and what is the Jewish general opinion on it?

I don't know about general opinion. I know that I heard this isn't children's game and I don't intend to find out if I've been fooled.

The roots? They go all the way back to the beggining of Judaism I think. I don't know of any book that you can relay on. Like I said, as far as I know, most places who would teach you just because you want to learn it won't teach you seriously.

Interesting...

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    So do the genuine students of this practice wear those bracelets, If so why?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    So do the genuine students of this practice wear those bracelets, If so why?

I don't know if it has to do with that. There's a tumb of some really important Rabbi somewhere in the north of Israel. Anyone who goes there can get that bracelet there (if you're talking about the red string on the hand) and as far as I know it's said to carry a blessing or something. What I do know is that once you have it on you're not supposed to take it off. You're supposed to leave it until it falls off by itself.

It's funny to see these stars jump on that wagon. Especially Madonna. She has been a faithfull follower of every religion and wrote a song about each one. Then of course after a while she moves on to the "newest" on her theological agenda or whatever the hell you would call it.

From what i have read in this thread alone i think i might read more about it. Educational purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    It's funny to see these stars jump on that wagon. Especially Madonna. She has been a faithfull follower of every religion and wrote a song about each one. Then of course after a while she moves on to the "newest" on her theological agenda or whatever the hell you would call it.

From what i have read in this thread alone i think i might read more about it. Educational purposes.

Madonna was in Israel not long ago. She came with some other Kaballa students. There were talks that she's going to meet with the Rabbi (Mekubal - meaning he is a Kaballist) Kaduri, but Kaduri said women aren't allowed to study Kaballa and refused to meet with her. There's also been an article about the school she's studying at. I don't think it's serious because like I said, Kaballa isn't taught to just any person who gets up one morning and wants to learn it. You can read about it but that probably won't even be the tip of the iceberg. The "serious" stuff can't be found on internet or in Kaballa schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Madonna was in Israel not long ago. She came with some other Kaballa students. There were talks that she's going to meet with the Rabbi (Mekubal - meaning he is a Kaballist) Kaduri, but Kaduri said women aren't allowed to study Kaballa and refused to meet with her. There's also been an article about the school she's studying at. I don't think it's serious because like I said, Kaballa isn't taught to just any person who gets up one morning and wants to learn it. You can read about it but that probably won't even be the tip of the iceberg. The "serious" stuff can't be found on internet or in Kaballa schools.
    Sorta makes me wonder just how far the rabbit hole really goes.

Another Kaballa "story" you can look up is the story with the Golem of Prague. The golem was made by Rabbi Loew, the Maharal of Prague. Interesting story.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Dosent madonna do this kaballah fake thingie?

I like you rak ani but this kaballah stuff is pure nonsens.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Dosent madonna do this kaballah fake thingie?

I like you rak ani but this kaballah stuff is pure nonsens.

We don't know that. Kaballa has been taught verbaly for thousands of years, not in schools. The first Kaballist was Abraham and not anyone can become a true Kaballist. I believe there is something to it, because I know that going to Kaballist Rabbis is something pretty common in Israel. Even none religious Jews go for advice or help.

Some people say Jesus used Kaballa.

Oh, and I like you too palme ;-)

I have no personal experience with this, but I belive it's true.

A friend told me that in the Kaballa it's said that a baby, right before it's born, is taught the whole Tora by an angel, and then when the teaching is finished, the angel kisses the baby under the nose - above the lip. That shape we have there is from the the kiss. When the baby is kissed he doesn't remember anything - it's all in areas of the brain that we don't use.
    That angel, most likely, is Gabriel. If anyone is interested. I've studied angelic mythology pretty extensively.

Ok,
    I asked a friend today about who's allowed to study Kaballa. He didn't know if non Jews can study it, but he did tell me that you're not allowed to study Kaballa if you are:

1. Under 40 years old.
    2. Not married.
    3. Don't have children.

He also said, once again, that Kaballa is not children's game and that studying it if you're not ready or not allowed to can be dangerous. He told me (or tried to explain to me) some of the things that you learn in Kaballa. Definitely not a game and this knowledge is definitely dangerous if the person doesn't know how to handle it.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ok,
    I asked a friend today about who's allowed to study Kaballa. He didn't know if non Jews can study it, but he did tell me that you're not allowed to study Kaballa if you are:

1. Under 40 years old.
    2. Not married.
    3. Don't have children.

He also said, once again, that Kaballa is not children's game and that studying it if you're not ready or not allowed to can be dangerous. He told me (or tried to explain to me) some of the things that you learn in Kaballa. Definitely not a game and this knowledge is definitely dangerous if the person doesn't know how to handle it.
    Why is it dangerous? What do they do?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Why is it dangerous? What do they do?

They don't "do" anything, it's the things you learn that can be dangerous for you if you're not ready for them.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    They don't "do" anything, it's the things you learn that can be dangerous for you if you're not ready for them.
    What kind of danger?.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    What kind of danger?.

I don't know. It can make you crazy, among other things. I'm not getting into it because it scares me.

solidground is offline New Member
    jesus and moses were kabahllists (sp)..supposedly moses recieved oral laws known as kabahla, which were to be passed in tradition to others.

Jesus under 40 and didnt have children, may have been married..but he still was a kabahlist

1. Under 40 years old.
    2. Not married.
    3. Don't have children.
    Last edited by solidground; 11-29-2004 at 10:23 AM.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok,

1. Under 40 years old.
    2. Not married.
    3. Don't have children.

madonna wrote a childrens kaballah book.......
    number 4, should be "you cant be a whore or reformed whore" that would rule her out.

Quote Originally Posted by solidground
    jesus and moses were kabahllists (sp)..supposedly moses recieved oral laws known as kabahla, which were to be passed in tradition to others.

Jesus under 40 and didnt have children, may have been married..but he still was a kabahlist

1. Under 40 years old.
    2. Not married.
    3. Don't have children.

I'm not getting into a discussion about Jesus because the Jewish prespective is different and I don't know enough about it.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    If you look in the back pages of "FATE" magazine, www.fatemag.com you'll find ads from people selling books and lessons for stuff like that. Nonsense, IMHO, but popular, nonetheless.

They've got a few references at another publisher, www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/search.php . . . type in Kabbalah in the SEARCH box, and there you go . . . some folks allege that Jesus was a Kabbalist . . .

A really odd fellow is David Icke www.davidicke.com who alleges that most world leaders are actually shape-shifting reptiles, of which there are 17 different species. The entire Bush family and the monarchs of England are shape-shifting reptiles . . .
    This guy is quite popular, sells lots of books and videos, and has my sister completely convinced that we're all in a handbasket bound for . . .

Lots of people have lots of weird ideas . . . but there are so many strange ideas that you'd think that chances were pretty good that one of 'em would be on-target, eh?

The "Weekly World News" www.weeklyworldnews.com is another good source of psychics and UFO groups and etc etc etc . . . taken as satire, their little magazine (which is, incidentally, one of the highest circulation publications in the entire United States--which tells you something about Americans) is so rediculous that it's funny.

There's a syndicated nighttime radio show www.coasttocoastam.com that devotes 4 hours a night 7 nights a week to discussion about this stuff. Tune in (I think you can get 'em on the net, too) and sooner or later they'll get to Kaballah stuff again . . .

Hope this helps . . .

-Tock

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    What kind of danger?.

I don't know. It can make you crazy, among other things. I'm not getting into it because it scares me.

Huh . . . maybe there are more Kabbalists around than we originally thought . . .
    -Tock

Oh yah, some company made a ouija-board game called Kabala in the 1960's (my dad was heavy into occult stuff and made sure we kids had stuff like this, hoping that one of us might be able to get something to actually work):
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny/totrecords/kabala.html
    It was greenish, glowed in the dark, and had a marble that would travel in a circular groove and spell messages by stopping at various letters . . . two people would lightly touch the sides and it had a round base so the board could tilt and make the marble move.
    Never worked a flip . . . but it's probabaly a collecter's item . . .
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    A really odd fellow is David Icke www.davidicke.com who alleges that most world leaders are actually shape-shifting reptiles, of which there are 17 different species. The entire Bush family and the monarchs of England are shape-shifting reptiles . . .
    This guy is quite popular, sells lots of books and videos, and has my sister completely convinced that we're all in a handbasket bound for . . .

-Tock
    I wonder if the mods on this board are reptiles to

Maby you are one of them

btw tock what is your personal opinion aboyt ufo's?

btw tock what is your personal opinion aboyt ufo's?

I'd like to own one, fly it around, but my main concern is, can you put a trailer hitch on one and use it to tow a boat?

There are lots of nuts who say they've seen UFOs and lots who say they've been abducted by them. Then there are a few reasonable folks (like former US President Jimmy Carter) who say they've seen UFOs.
    I've never seen one, so I'm skeptical that they exist. But, I like to watch UFO movies, and know several people that I would like to have abducted (permanantly), but until the eyewitness accounts become more reliable, or until I see one myself, I'll probably remain skeptical.

As far as life on other planets goes, ya, I'd presume that in this huge universe, there probably are other intelligent life forms. That's not to say that they would have to be carbon-based or have any resemblance to humans. Could be that other life forms breathe methane or exist at tempertures 200 degrees warmer (or colder) than what we've got. Geez, other intelligent life forms could look like rocks for all we know . . .

Thing is, no one really knows for sure about stuff like this. If the military knows anything, they ain't talking; but given their record of competance, I'd suppose that if anyone knew anything, someone down the chain of command would have slipped something by now . . .

--Tock

I saw a show on discovery channel that interviewed some former high ranking soviet officers that had been active in the soviet ufo research and acording to them they didnt doubt for a second that ufo have/is visiting earth. The main goal was trying to find out why they are here. Not if they exist.

I wonder if all files from those investigations open to public but no one has started digging through it yet or if its all classified

Well, if you want to know who knows all about stuff like that, check out
    http://www.mufon.com/

Mission
    The scientific study of UFOs for the benefit of humankind.

Goals
    I. Investigate UFO sightings and collect the data in the MUFON Database for use by researchers worldwide.
    II. Promote Research on UFOs to discover the true nature of the phenomenon, with an eye towards scientific breakthroughs, and improving life on our planet.
    III. Educate the public on the UFO phenomenon and its potential impact on society.
    ==========

I'd be surprised if there wasn't something like this going in Europe, with chapters in Sweden.

fyi,

-Tock

Thread Information