Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Israeli checkpoints, where a picture says a thousend words.

Yeah, the big bad IDF in action..

CHECKPOINT AT KALANDIA (Click here)

The slide show is here (CLICK HERE)

His comments about the work were...

"99% of the physical work I did at that checkpoint involved preventing arab on arab violence....

We had to chase a couple of guys who mugged an arab taxi driver. He was shaking and we had to comfort him etc etc..

Once there was a stabbing, some arab guy pushed in front of another and was stabbed in the leg... Again we had to chase the perpetrator and give medical aid to the victim.

Another time these teenagers cutoff an old man and he insulted them. They jumped out of their car and started to chase him and threatened to kill him. Upon catching up to these guys they told me that the old guy also called us IDF soldier pigs so he deserved to be beaten. To which I had to explain to them that namecalling doesn't justify violence. Anyways when I threatened to arrest them for approaching him, they backed off."

He also comments on the cameramen:

"When I was at that checkpoint cameramen would often show up (all of them arab of course) and wait for hours for something to take pictures of. 99% of the time there was nothing to photograph so the reporter would wait and wait.....

I remember once we helped a really old guy get out of the checkpoint when he walked in the wrong direction, he didn't really understand us so we just stood in his way so he would understand that this was the wrong path and turn around. Anyways this AP photographer was just snapping away when this happenned. There were tons of incidents like this.

There were so many times this happenned. I wanted to kick the cameramen out since the Palis like to put on a show in front of them but Israel has this thing about being a democracy..."

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Yeah, the big bad IDF in action..

I remember once we helped a really old guy get out of the checkpoint when he walked in the wrong direction, he didn't really understand us so we just stood in his way so he would understand that this was the wrong path and turn around. Anyways this AP photographer was just snapping away when this happenned. There were tons of incidents like this.

There were so many times this happenned. I wanted to kick the cameramen out since the Palis like to put on a show in front of them but Israel has this thing about being a democracy..."
    It's sad; the camera man isn't able to sell photos of common decent interaction between the Palestinians and the people at the check points, no news there. However if they can twist some innocent photo into a story, it will become a gold mine for them.

Kodak moments, or Palestinian photos ops!.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Israeli checkpoints, where a picture says a thousend words.-photo-op.jpg   Israeli checkpoints, where a picture says a thousend words.-photo-op2.jpg  

RockSolid is offline Banned
    this reminds me of criminals that keep caged animals in zoos and then say animals enjoy being in the zoo, they love it here, they rather be here than in a forest.

checkpoints are evil, i hope all you supporters of checkpoints have one in ur back yard, put in by a foriegn person or persons.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    this reminds me of criminals that keep caged animals in zoos and then say animals enjoy being in the zoo, they love it here, they rather be here than in a forest.

checkpoints are evil, i hope all you supporters of checkpoints have one in ur back yard, put in by a foriegn person or persons.

So what should they do, let terrorists bring weapons into the country and kill people? I mean, you going to sit here and say thats not an issue at all, that the Israeli's are just doing this out of pure hatred for Arabs?

Great analogy btw, very applicable
    ......I don't think the Isrealis ever said that the Arabs loved being there.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    not to sound insensitive but the chic in picture 6 at the checkpoint at Kalandia, can checkpoint me anytime.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geoneo
    not to sound insensitive but the chic in picture 6 at the checkpoint at Kalandia, can checkpoint me anytime.
    Thats the wicked witch of the west man!

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Thats the wicked witch of the west man!

bros your probably right but when your on your first cycle of test even the wicked witch looks like a supermodel

You know its easier for a Palestinian to pass through an Israeli check point than it is for me, or a Palestinian to enter YOUR country, so what are you crying for?.

Although you'd probably welcome a few suicide bombers on Gray hound bus's.

I disagree,

Terrorists are evil, I hope all you supporters of terrorism have one blow up your back yard, carried out by a foreign person or persons.

The real foriegners are the Russian/polish european jews living in the middle east.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    cool pics

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    RockSolid - checkpoints are pretty common... friends of mine who just came back from bosnia(soldiers) said that's pretty well all they did, and it's not like these guys are really mean dudes, their just preserving the peace, and i'd much rather be inconvinienced by 45 seconds than have someone die because i couldn't wait that long

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Checkpoints........kind of like the ones looking for illegals here in the states.......all they do is harrass the normal citizens and do NOTHING to stop the problem.......sure there's an occasional bust which could have very well been planned to justify their existence.......what criminal in their right mind is going to take a road with a checkpoint.......it's just dumb and a waste of manpower and money

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    badger, why dont you just go on over there and see what its like? instead of posting
    your stupid opinions that make no sense.

""all they do is harrass the normal citizens and do NOTHING to stop the problem""

hmm I wonder how criminals get busted at routine cop checkpoints here in the usa.

maxex is offline Member
    my brothers were over there and they said the checkpoints were more dangerous than the gunfights at times

maxex is offline Member
    not to mention the gunfights at the checkpoints

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    badger, why dont you just go on over there and see what its like? instead of posting
    your stupid opinions that make no sense.

""all they do is harrass the normal citizens and do NOTHING to stop the problem""

hmm I wonder how criminals get busted at routine cop checkpoints here in the usa.
    If you want checkpoints.....YOU move......the border patrol in Arizona and Calif......checkpoints......and how many illegals are there in the US???.....like i say....a waste and just a hassle for the average joe

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Checkpoints- a great thing!

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    my brothers were over there and they said the checkpoints were more dangerous than the gunfights at times
    More dangerous for who, the soldiers? Of course. That's because they are completely exposed to any attack on them. A lot of the attacks against Israel soldiers were done at checkpoints, and it got to a point where procedures were changed in order to provide more protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Checkpoints........kind of like the ones looking for illegals here in the states.......all they do is harrass the normal citizens and do NOTHING to stop the problem.......
    Do you truly believe that the “illegals,” that are entering the US are coming through at check points? I believe that they are entering the US along the boarder, not at the check points.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    .what criminal in their right mind is going to take a road with a checkpoint.......
    Exactly they are not going to take that “road”. How many roads lead into the US, that doesn’t have check points? None that I know of, this prevents large numbers of “illegals” from being driven into the US. It also helps keep drugs from entering the US. I know that it isn’t a perfect system, but with out the check points, just imagine how simple it would be to smuggle anything from Drugs to Nuclear weapons, into the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    More dangerous for who, the soldiers? Of course. That's because they are completely exposed to any attack on them. A lot of the attacks against Israel soldiers were done at checkpoints, and it got to a point where procedures were changed in order to provide more protection.
    sherlock, they arent supposed to be there, if i was a palestinian group i would hit the checkpoints harder than they already are doing.

if we had checkpoints in america with foreigners in the checkpoints, i would spit on each of the people manning the checkpoints.

sherlock, they arent supposed to be there, if i was a palestinian group i would hit the checkpoints harder than they already are doing.

if we had checkpoints in america with foreigners in the checkpoints, i would spit on each of the people manning the checkpoints.

Sherlock?

A lot of these checkpoints are along the 67 lines. did you know that?

They're not supposed to be there? You're right. They're not. They should be home in Israel with their families friends and girlfriends. Instead they're in the West Bank. Why is that?

Sherlock?

A lot of these checkpoints are along the 67 lines. did you know that?

They're not supposed to be there? You're right. They're not. They should be home in Israel with their families friends and girlfriends. Instead they're in the West Bank. Why is that?
    yes there are alot on the 67 lines but there are more within the 67 lines. Most of them are supposed to be in Europe, ethopia, and Russia with their families, friends, gf's.

They are in the west bank, cause they want the west bank to be a part of israel, that is obvious.

yes there are alot on the 67 lines but there are more within the 67 lines. Most of them are supposed to be in Europe, ethopia, and Russia with their families, friends, gf's.

They are in the west bank, cause they want the west bank to be a part of israel, that is obvious.
    I assume you're basing your comments on the countless conversations you have had with Israelis during which they told you what they want.....?

I assume you're basing your comments on the countless conversations you have had with Israelis during which they told you what they want.....?
    BINGO, miss cleo, your exaclty right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Do you truly believe that the “illegals,” that are entering the US are coming through at check points? I believe that they are entering the US along the boarder, not at the check points.

Exactly they are not going to take that “road”. How many roads lead into the US, that doesn’t have check points? None that I know of, this prevents large numbers of “illegals” from being driven into the US. It also helps keep drugs from entering the US. I know that it isn’t a perfect system, but with out the check points, just imagine how simple it would be to smuggle anything from Drugs to Nuclear weapons, into the US.
    in your opinion

in your opinion
    If you were to read my post,

You would see that I clarify what is my opinion, or my beliefs. I don't simple type a mish mash of ideas and spout them off as fact.

Please, describe the discussions that you have had, with Israeli citizens living in Israel.

Please, describe the discussions that you have had, with Israeli citizens living in Israel.
    there is no israel.

there is no israel.

You stated that you had talked to an Israeli, and now you say that there is no Israel?

You seem to be very confused.

You stated that you had talked to an Israeli, and now you say that there is no Israel?

You seem to be very confused.
    I meant jewish people not "isnotreal'ies"

Funny, that's not what you agreed to....

In order to verify, I looked again at the world map, and….Yep there it is, there is a Israel....

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middl...t_pol_2003.jpg

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/MEast.htm

Even your favorite news agency shows that Israel exists, even keeps up with the weather there.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...6E75BD8174.htm

there is no Israel, the zionists are occupying Palestine, you pick your reality, I pick mine.

So tell me, how many Israelis have you spoken to about his? And how many of them have served at checkpoints? Can you name a few of the checkpoints they served at?

Where do those Jews you have spoken to live? And how many times in their lives have they been to Israel? How many years/months/days/hours/minutes have they served at a checkpoint?

you pick your reality, I pick mine.

I like the real world much better,

Yours appears to be a bleak and troubled world, where hate and racism abound.

Here, in the real world, I don't hate or question a person's loyalties, simply because they are for example, Syrian or Saudi, or even Israeli.

I like the real world much better,

Yours appears to be a bleak and troubled world, where hate and racism abound.

Here, in the real world, I don't hate or question a person's loyalties, simply because they are for example, Syrian or Saudi, or even Israeli.
    I live in the real world, you live in a world viewed through a lenses with a zionist covering, where hate and racism and hate abound.

If we can get back to the discussion regarding Israeli check points. RockSolid, how many check points have you manned to make you an authority on them?.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    If we can get back to the discussion regarding Israeli check points. RockSolid, how many check points have you manned to make you an authority on them?.
    Thats what I want to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information