Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Gee.....you think he paid payroll taxes??

Just a week after President Bush nominated him to lead the Department of Homeland Security, Bernard Kerik announced Friday night that he was withdrawing his nomination after discovering that a person he employed as a housekeeper and nanny had a questionable immigration status.

Homeland security nominee withdraws
    Former NYC police commissioner cites 'personal reasons'

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, President Bush's choice to replace Tom Ridge as secretary of homeland security, withdrew from consideration Friday night.

In a letter to Bush, Kerik said he was withdrawing because of "personal reasons." The White House said news release that Bush "respects his decision."

Kerik, 49, led the New York City Police Department through the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and their aftermath.

He is a senior vice president of Giuliani Partners, the consulting firm founded by Rudy Giuliani, who as mayor of New York appointed him police commissioner in 2000. (Profile)

Bush announced his nomination of Kerik on December 3, saying his "broad practical hands-on experience makes [him] superbly qualified to lead the Department of Homeland Security." (Full story)

In 2003, Kerik went to Iraq at Bush's request to help train the new Iraqi police force and campaigned for Bush's re-election, making a speech at the Republican National Convention in August.

"I am deeply humbled and honored for the opportunity to serve you and this great country," Kerik said when his nomination was announced.

An administration official said that on at least two occasions Giuliani made a personal pitch to the White House that Kerik be named to succeed Ridge, 59, who announced his resignation November 30. (Full story)

Ridge said he will remain in the post until February 1 unless a successor is confirmed sooner.

A senior administration official described Kerik as a "proven crisis manager" with "credibility and firsthand understanding of the war on terror."

"The country is well aware of his courageous service in responding to the World Trade Center attack, his efforts to coordinate rescue and recovery work at Ground Zero," the senior administration official said.

The Department of Homeland Security was created in January 2003 as 22 government agencies were blended into the new department with 180,000 personnel.

Ridge has been the only secretary of the department, which oversees border security and immigration. It also responds to natural disasters and screening airline passengers.

The department was charged with developing and coordinating a national strategy to protect against terrorist threats.

Kerik served three years as an Army MP before becoming warden of the Passaic County jail. He worked in the NYPD from 1986 to 1994 and before becoming police commissioner, headed the city's Department of Correction.

All Cabinet nominees must be confirmed by the Senate.

Wonder how this lady weaved her way through all our CHECKPOINTS??????

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...erik_withdraws
    Kerik's announcement marked an unusual disruption in the White House's normally well-choreographed personnel moves. But he is not the first prominent government official to fall victim to the "nanny problem."
    Similar issues killed the nominations of three candidates for top administration posts in the Clinton administration. That includes his first choice to be attorney general, Zoe Baird, who was forced to withdraw her name from consideration after the disclosure she had not paid Social Security (news - web sites) taxes for a housekeeper, an illegal immigrant.

Your comparing Kerikís announcement to the announcements that were made during the Clinton Administration, specifically the nomination for Attorney General, Zoe Baird?

I am sure we will eventually find out.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 12-11-2004 at 08:45 AM.

RockSolid is offline Banned
    the incompetence of nominating Kerik (without a all around check of all his atmosphere) to be a the leader of the HOMELAND SECURITY department, is shameful. Attorney general is one thing, head of homeland security is another bigger ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    the incompetence of nominating Kerik (without a all around check of all his atmosphere) to be a the leader of the HOMELAND SECURITY department, is shameful. Attorney general is one thing, head of homeland security is another bigger ball game.
    In your opinion,

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    In your opinion,
    in your opinion, it is my opinion.

If you think this is incompetence, look at the Clinton Administration's half a dozen nominees that got in trouble for not paying Social Security taxes, for their help.

From People Magazine,

Clinton administration nominees Kimba Wood, Zoe Baird, Stephen Breyer, Ron Brown and Charles Ruff, and New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman faced problems because they did not pay Social Security taxes for hired household help
    This isnít the type of thing that will be found during investigations for cabinet appointees.

Please clarify, why you think that the background check for Attorney General, isn't as important as the background check for the Head of Homeland Security.

Doesnt help that Kerik's wife, Hala, is a SYRIAN.

as to your point, it is irrevelant, two wrongs dont make a right, it is incompotence in either administration. Especially after 9/11 we need to be sure about things like this, this is homeland security we are talking about.

Such mistakes are not normal, and should be corrected.

as to your point, it is irrevelant, two wrongs dont make a right, it is incompotence in either administration. Especially after 9/11 we need to be sure about things like this, this is homeland security we are talking about.

Such mistakes are not normal, and should be corrected.

I think that after the Clinton Administration's fiasco, they should have researched this further.

Are you saying that we should not allow any person to hold a public position, if they are Arab, or have a family member that is Arab?

I think that after the Clinton Administration's fiasco, they should have researched this further.

Are you saying that we should not allow any person to hold a public position, if they are Arab, or have a family member that is Arab?
    no they should be more arabs than jews in my opinion, but look at Kerik's history, he worked with the Saudi Royal family, for god's sake.

The Bush's really love the Saudis huh?

Mr Kerik dropped out of high school to join the army, where he became a military policeman stationed in South Korea. After a few years, he left to work as a security expert in the Middle East, including a stint with the Saudi royal family.

http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/hi/world...as/4065105.stm

no they should be arab instead of jews in my opinion, but look at Kerik's history, he worked with the Saudi Royal family.
    Then, why did you point out?

I read this statement as attempting to question his loyalties. Or as a racist statement against Syrians.

it is in AMERICA's best interest to check out all backrounds, especially of foriegn born people, Kerik's wife, Hala was born in Syria. He was a paid worker for the Saudi Royal Family, those arent very good credentials.

Me being racist against the Syrians? Ha. These young warriors (syrians) are in the front lines in the battle against the zionists, I love them.

especially of foriegn born people, Kerik's wife, Hala was born in Syria. He was a paid worker for the Saudi Royal Family, those arent very good credentials.

You're doing it again?

You don't think he is right for the job, because, he is married to a Syrian, and worked for the Saudi Royal Family. In my opinion, that is a very racist attitude.

You're doing it again?

You don't think he is right for the job, because, he is married to a Syrian, and worked for the Saudi Royal Family. In my opinion, that is a very racist attitude.
    buddy, i will say it for you real slow, we need to check the backrounds of anyone in high positions within the US government, especially if the person is foreign born, and especially if this foreign born person comes from a "enemy" of the US, countries like Syria and Zionistan come to mind. If Kerry was elected we would have to look at Teresa Heinz's history.

yes, I belive if a person who worked for the Saudi Royal family shoudnt be in high positions of the US government.

I am a muslim for god sake, how could i be racist against the arabs, the prophet mohammed was an arab.

buddy, i will say it for you real slow, we need to check the backrounds of anyone in high positions within the US government, especially if the person is foreign born, and especially if this foreign born person comes from a "enemy" of the US, countries like Syria and Zionistan come to mind.
    Unfortunately for you, here in the US, we donít brand every person of a certain race; this may happen in some of the countries that you speak so highly of, such as Iran or even in Syria. But not here in the US.

If Kerry was elected we would have to look at Teresa Heinz's history.
    I was strongly against Kerry being elected, however I would not have stooped so low, as to question his wifeís loyalty.

yes, I belive if a person who worked for the Saudi Royal family shoudnt be in high positions of the US government.
    Just because you donít like the way the Saudi Royal family is running their country?

I am a muslim for god sake, how could i be racist against the arabs, the prophet mohammed was an arab.
    That is what truly confused me, and at first made me not believe what you were typing, however you have now convinced me.

your so full of crap, your the biggest bigot in terms of muslims, palestinians, and arabs on this board.

I bet people like you would like all saudi workers to be in the administration, because you really dont care about american interests.

and I dont care what Zionists like you think, if you think I am racist against arabs, so be it, i will accept that title.

your so full of crap, your the biggest bigot in terms of muslims, palestinians, and arabs on this board.
    First CAUSASIAN claimed, that I was the biggest pain in the arse, and now you claim that I am the ďbiggest bigot", I will share this tidbit that you have provided me with the Muslim, Jamaican and the two Mexicans, who work directly for me. I am sure they will get a kick out of it.

I bet people like you would like all saudi workers to be in the administration, because you really dont care about american interests.
    Personally, I donít care where a person is from. I simply want the best person for the job. So they do take care of American interests.

and I dont care what Zionists like you think, if you think I am racist against arabs, so be it, i will accept that title.
    You call me a Zionist, I have some information for you, I donít know a single Jewish person, other than those that I have met here on this board.

I have formed my opinion, using your own words, which is all that you have offered the board.

First CAUSASIAN claimed, that I was the biggest pain in the arse, and now you claim that I am the ďbiggest bigot", I will share this tidbit that you have provided me with the Muslim, Jamaican and the two Mexicans, who work directly for me. I am sure they will get a kick out of it.
    Biggest arse is an understatement. Because you have a "muslim" working directly for you, does that mean you like them? I work for many people I loathe and hate.

Personally, I donít care where a person is from. I simply want the best person for the job. So they do take care of American interests.
    that is true, but I woudnt hire people that worked for other national governments, why not next hire an Israeli head of national security if we have no limits, if he is best qualified for the job?

You call me a Zionist, I have some information for you, I donít know a single Jewish person, other than those that I have met here on this board.

I have formed my opinion, using your own words, which is all that you have offered the board.
    You dont have to be a jew, or know a jewish person to be a Zionist. many jews arent even zionists.

Let's get back to the topic........did this Homeland Security candidate pay payroll taxes???.........or should he be in jail??

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Let's get back to the topic........did this Homeland Security candidate pay payroll taxes???.........or should he be in jail??
    I seriously doubt that he paid the payroll taxes, and I bet they will do like they did with the half dozen people that Clinton nominated to his cabinet, and make him pay them now.

They should ALL be in jail......willfully braking the law of the land......

Thread Information