Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

holy trinity on weed

the other day, i became so confused about the holy trinity. I have never thought about it the way that i did the other day. i got such a headache from it. The whole Jesus is God part about made my brain explode. so my goal, either this weekend or next, i am going to toke up, think really hard about the holy trinity. hopefully, then i shall understand.

seanw is offline Banned
    Jesus isnt God he is the son of God, at least in Christianity. The Muslims and the Jews reckon he was a Prophet Like Mohamad. As you know the holy trinity is the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, its the farking Ghost thing that scares the sh!t out of me.

Ya think Jesus toked out with the followers on the mount?????

More I look at him, more I figure he had some righteous doobage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    Ya think Jesus toked out with the followers on the mount?????

More I look at him, more I figure he had some righteous doobage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
    LMFAO

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Christians believe jesus is God SeanW.. The only ones that dont is the jehovah's witness. And they are considered a cult and can be found in just about any book of cults or about cults. They are considered a cult for there lack of understanding Jesus is God.

oOh yeah the next time someone gives you crap about smoking weed just tell them about this one.

Genesis 1
    29: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

SO you can eat it but stop smokin the stuff and youll be allright!!!LOL

jesus is God is so hard to comprehend. Its the wording in the BIble. it is contradicting itself many times.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    it is hard for us to understand. I wouldnt say it contradicts itself. I would just say hard to understand. quick example. you have a CEO, President, and V.P. of a company (which can be father, son, holy spirit). All 3 speak for the company and their goals should be totally aligned. Just as the father, son, and holy spirit's goals, etc are aligned. You speak to the CEO, he should give you the same answer that pres and vp would give. yet all 3 are separate entities of the whole being (ie God, or the company). Jesus talks to the Father, just as a VP might talk to the CEO. Still, same 'being', 2 separate entities of that being talking.

It just makes it harder because we are talking about a Living Being (GOD) being made up of 3 living entities, as opposed to a Non living being (company) being made up of 3 living entities... complicated.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    jesus is God is so hard to comprehend. Its the wording in the BIble. it is contradicting itself many times.
    in Islam we dotn have such confusions about GOD , only one GOD " ALLAH" meaning "THE GOD" literally ............... and jesus (peace be upon him) is a servant , messiah and prophet of ONE GOD ................. much easier isnt it ?
    try reading the Quran on weed ull be in a whole different world i Promise !

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    in Islam we dotn have such confusions about GOD , only one GOD " ALLAH" meaning "THE GOD" literally ............... and jesus (peace be upon him) is a servant , messiah and prophet of ONE GOD ................. much easier isnt it ?
    try reading the Quran on weed ull be in a whole different world i Promise !

easy to understand doesnt mean correct.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    The whole problem with the trinity is that it doesn't fit the pattern of the Word.....
    God created in pairs.......male and female. Jesus was born a man and became God when He was elevated to the right hand of God and given the name of God. You can not be God and die......therefore Jesus was a man. Jesus can not die again because he is now God. At the ressurection he was married to his Spirit.....the Spirit of Christ.....the Holy Spirit......hence the male and female aspect becoming one in a spiritual sense.

There is a few spots in the Old Testament that kinda indicates there is more than one involved in the being of God. If you guys are intrested Ill look them up for you guys.

Here is an Easy one to find..
    Genesis 1
    26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Note that when it speaks of God making man it says Let "US" make man in "Our" image, after "our" likeness.

Here is another out of the New testament

John ( gospel)

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2: The same was in the beginning with God.
    3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

God is Spirit......therefore he was talking to the Angels who were the messengers and agents of the Spirit of God......us doesn't necessarily imply more than one God.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    The whole problem with the trinity is that it doesn't fit the pattern of the Word.....
    God created in pairs.......male and female. Jesus was born a man and became God when He was elevated to the right hand of God and given the name of God. You can not be God and die......therefore Jesus was a man. Jesus can not die again because he is now God. At the ressurection he was married to his Spirit.....the Spirit of Christ.....the Holy Spirit......hence the male and female aspect becoming one in a spiritual sense.
    Jesus was born a man and became God.... So jesus is and was God because God has always been. Same as saying Jesus and Father are 1 (and holy spirit).

Jesus was God in a human form. Jesus didnt die. His exterior body died and and Jesus rose back to heaven from where he came. If jesus wasnt god before and is god now, what happened to the god that was when Jesus was a man?? your post confuses me. "at the ressurection he was married to his spirit" ?

God is Spirit......therefore he was talking to the Angels who were the messengers and agents of the Spirit of God......us doesn't necessarily imply more than one God.
    Us doesnt mean he was talking to angels either.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I will quote myself again -

The Trinity is NOT 3 Gods or parts of One God - it is perhaps thought of as 3 different expressions of One God - think in relational terms - I can be a son, a father, a husband, an employee, a boss...all at the same time - yet there is only one me but different expressions of me as I relate in certain settings.

Also, there is nothing ever mentioned in the Bible about the "Trinity" - that is something that has become shorthand for people to describe the 3 major ways we relate to God. Yet many Christians are either ignorant of this or are being taught near idolatry with all the iconography and praying to mary and saints and such - but none of that is in the Bible, just religious stuff made by men.

Note that Jesus Himself quotes that "the Lord is One" - yet also says that He and His Father are One - same person

and you will note that the old testament has many names for God Jehovah Jireah, Jehova Shalom, Nissi, etc. - these names of His are given when He reveals a relational aspect. He is THE HEALER, he is OUR PEACE, OUR PROVIDER, etc. In each of these, we see Him in a different aspect but it doesnt mean that the entity of God is bifurcated in any way. Yes, notice that God is His Word but the bible speaks almost like the Word is a distinct being but it is not - a delineated manefestation of one Being perhaps, but not distict (meaning separate from the Other)

God is also not male - He refers to Himself as both a Father (Jesus first revealed this side) but also as a Mother (who birthed Israel in Jeremiah) - His relationship to us is as the Male however. Most of this is simply so that we can better understand an infinitely complex God, not so as to make Him more complicated to us.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    easy to understand doesnt mean correct.
    and the same can be said BACK to U ?

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    There is a few spots in the Old Testament that kinda indicates there is more than one involved in the being of God. If you guys are intrested Ill look them up for you guys.

Here is an Easy one to find..
    Genesis 1
    26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Note that when it speaks of God making man it says Let "US" make man in "Our" image, after "our" likeness.

Here is another out of the New testament

John ( gospel)

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2: The same was in the beginning with God.
    3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    when God say " let make man in OUR image " it doenst directly mean that God looks like us , it can also mean the image God had in mind to make the man in , hence IN OUR LIKENESS ................. the problem i see with the bible being misunderstood in many places is because it is not in its original revelation language which is ARAMIC , so meanings and denotions of the menaings do get changed over a period of time .............

zOaib is offline VET
    see in the Quran GOD addresses himself as , we , US , in many places , but when u read the arabic u know what it means , english language is not deep enough to corelate ancient words to their correct form of meaning !

A more correct translation of God is one is God is becoming one......referring to the end of the age when God will be all in all.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    God, the Father, one person, greatest in universe
    God is not three persons DE 6:4; Mal 2:10; MR 10:18; RO 3:29, 30
    Son created; God alone before RE 3:14; Col 1:15; ISA 44:6
    God ruler of universe at all times PHP 2:5, 6; DA 4:35
    God to be exhalted above all PHP 2:10, 11

Son inferior to Father before and after coming to earth
    son obedient in heaven, sent by Father JOH 8:42; 12:49
    Obeidient on Earth, Father greater JOH 14:28; 5:19; HEB 5:8
    exhalted in Heaven, still subject PHP 2:9; 1CO 15:28;MT 20:23
    JEHOVAH is Christs's head and GOD 1CO 11:3; JOH 20:17; RE 1:6

Oneness of god and Christ
    Always in complete harmony JOH 8:28,29; 14:10
    Onenes, like that of husband and wife JOH 10:30, 10:38;MT 19:4-6
    All believers must have same oneness JOH 17:20-22; 1CO 1:10
    One worship of Jehovah through Chris forever JOH 4:23, 24

God's holy Spirit is his active force
    A force not a person MT 3:16; JOH 20:22; AC 2:4, 17, 23
    Not a person in heaven with God and Christ AC 7:55, 56; RE 7:10
    Directed by GOD to accomplish purposes PS 104:30; 1CO 12:4-11
    Those serving God recieve, Guided by it 1CO 2:12, 13; GA 5:16
    Jesus himself recieved it AC 2:33

What then of this take on the scriptures?

it seems like every 2 months, a debate on trinity comes up and we all start quoting ourselves...

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    God, the Father, one person, greatest in universe
    God is not three persons DE 6:4; Mal 2:10; MR 10:18; RO 3:29, 30
    Son created; God alone before RE 3:14; Col 1:15; ISA 44:6
    God ruler of universe at all times PHP 2:5, 6; DA 4:35
    God to be exhalted above all PHP 2:10, 11

Son inferior to Father before and after coming to earth
    son obedient in heaven, sent by Father JOH 8:42; 12:49
    Obeidient on Earth, Father greater JOH 14:28; 5:19; HEB 5:8
    exhalted in Heaven, still subject PHP 2:9; 1CO 15:28;MT 20:23
    JEHOVAH is Christs's head and GOD 1CO 11:3; JOH 20:17; RE 1:6

Oneness of god and Christ
    Always in complete harmony JOH 8:28,29; 14:10
    Onenes, like that of husband and wife JOH 10:30, 10:38;MT 19:4-6
    All believers must have same oneness JOH 17:20-22; 1CO 1:10
    One worship of Jehovah through Chris forever JOH 4:23, 24

God's holy Spirit is his active force
    A force not a person MT 3:16; JOH 20:22; AC 2:4, 17, 23
    Not a person in heaven with God and Christ AC 7:55, 56; RE 7:10
    Directed by GOD to accomplish purposes PS 104:30; 1CO 12:4-11
    Those serving God recieve, Guided by it 1CO 2:12, 13; GA 5:16
    Jesus himself recieved it AC 2:33

What then of this take on the scriptures?
    Bryan for someone that knows so much about the bible, as you obviously do, that Avatar of yours is a one way ticket to hell bro

Ha Ha but those chicks are hot!!!

I know there are many areas in my life that need improvement but I do NOT believe that Hell is a literal place of torment but it is eternal death, unconsciousness and being cut off from everything and everyone. The Fire depicts being cut off. I made a post in favor of my arguement in the tsunami thread like page 2 or so. Hopefully Max gets his thread done soon on Hell so I can understand everyones views and the actual teachings behind them.But im sure im not going to hell for a picture.

I will bro..sorry for the delay. Tomorrow Ill post it after I get back from gym.. Probably around 7pm. Cant wait to discuss either...

max

i neeed another catholic to help me out. jesus is God. ok. what about this. who was Jesus praying to in the garden? himself? His last words, God why have YOU forsaken ME. was he talking and praying to himself. i just dont understand.

for the record, i am catholic and raised catholic, it has just been the last week that i have been questioning hte trinity

Who cares???

I pray to the God of Iron!!!!!!!!
    I kneel before the muff......
    And I bathe in the juices of love......

What else is there?????

Remember- Don't take yourself so seriously, because when you lose your sense of humor there is nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    when God say " let make man in OUR image " it doenst directly mean that God looks like us , it can also mean the image God had in mind to make the man in , hence IN OUR LIKENESS ................. the problem i see with the bible being misunderstood in many places is because it is not in its original revelation language which is ARAMIC , so meanings and denotions of the menaings do get changed over a period of time .............

You may be correct on the "Our Image) but the Us would indicate a joint effort of some sort. Would any of you believe that anyone besides God would have the ability to create a human life???

maybe one of you guys remember where this one is. There is a place in the Bible where God came to Abraham's tent as three persons.

I agree with your concept cycleon but for what ever reason god seems to want us to think of him as three parts.

Jesus was Gods first creation and through him all things were made. Jesus was already in existance when man was created and was made through his "co-council" for a lack of a better decription. Thus the term OUR.

seanw is offline Banned
    Jesus was Gods first creation and through him all things were made. Jesus was already in existance when man was created and was made through his "co-council" for a lack of a better decription. Thus the term OUR.
    Do you seriously thinlk all us normal mutants out here understand this nonsense (this isnt a flame by the way). I was brainwashed as a catholic from an early age. I went to both Catholic Primary and Secondary schools. We were always tought that God and Jesus were two seperate entities. But at the end of the day who gives a sh!t, if you believe in a God and religion then pray to the dude who gets you off, it doesnt really matter anyway.

There is a place in the Bible where God came to Abraham's tent as three persons.

Anyone know which versus curious to look this one up.

This is a good topic, considering the trinity. If Jesus was God's first creation, when was he created? Where can you support this statement that Jesus was God's first creation? Better yet consider the following:

1. God explicitly says that no other God existed before or after him. I think none will argue this.

2. Eternality is a characteristic of one who has the nature of a diety. God is "from everlasting to everlasting" (Psa. 90.2).

3. The old testament explicitly declared the eternal nature of Christ. Isaiah refers to the "prince of peace" as "everlasting" (9:6). The prophet Micah says that in reality, the "goings forth" of the Bethlehem baby have been from "of old, from everlasting" (5:2).

4. New testament as well. 3 times in John 1:1, the apostle uses the imperfect tense verb "en" (rendered "was") to denote the "timeless existence" of the sacred person known as the Word.

5. Jesus himsels affirmed his eternal'ness..."Before Abraham was born, I am” (Jn. 8:58). The Jews certainly caught the drift of what Christ was saying, i.e., that he was claiming eternality, therefore, the status of being God. That is why they sought to stone him. The expression “I am” points one back to Exodus 3:14, where God identifies himself as the “I AM,” i.e., the self-existent One.

6. In the book of Revelation, Jesus claims that he is “the first and the last, and the Living [present participle – always living] one” (1:17-18). He is also the “Alpha and the Omega” – first and last letters in the Greek alphabet (22:13; cf. 1:8; 21:6). These phrases assert the eternal nature of the One so described, and are applied in these texts to either God, the Father, or to Christ.

So, if you can show me in the bible where it says anything about Jesus being created or having a beginning, please do. There are some that teach that Jesus was created by God originally (i think the jehovah witnesses do) but it is not backed up in anyway in the bible.

There is a place in the Bible where God came to Abraham's tent as three persons.

Anyone know which versus curious to look this one up.
    Are you referring to Genesis 18?

Revelation 3:14 Jesus speaks of being the beginning of creation by God.
    Colossians 1:15-17 speaks of him being the firstborn of all creations and by means of him all other things were made,all other things made through him and for him.
    John 17:5 Jesus speaking to father about restoring glory he had alongside father before the world was.
    PHP 2:5 jesus exhisted in Gods form thus giving him eternality but still states not equal to God.
    1John 2:13 John writitng to fathers because they have come to know the one from the beginning.
    Question 6 has always gotten me also but I will study on it and trry to find and answer soon.

seanw is offline Banned
    Revelation 3:14 Jesus speaks of being the beginning of creation by God.
    Colossians 1:15-17 speaks of him being the firstborn of all creations and by means of him all other things were made,all other things made through him and for him.
    John 17:5 Jesus speaking to father about restoring glory he had alongside father before the world was.
    PHP 2:5 jesus exhisted in Gods form thus giving him eternality but still states not equal to God.
    1John 2:13 John writitng to fathers because they have come to know the one from the beginning.
    Question 6 has always gotten me also but I will study on it and trry to find and answer soon.
    I look at your knowledge of the scriptues, then I look at the Avatar, and all I can say is "Oh My God" where is the boys head !!!

The only place in the Bible that Jesus states alpha and omega is in revelations ALL others reffer to God the father being alpha and omega.

Closest concept I can use is Jesus was beginning of creation IE alpha and will remain with God forever Omega. Where as God has always been and will always be.

But just from my previous post shows Jesus himself states he was beginning of creation by God therefore NOT original Omega. But one way or the other that will probably be my best arguement whn it comes to this particular scripyure.

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    I look at your knowledge of the scriptues, then I look at the Avatar, and all I can say is "Oh My God" where is the boys head !!!

The Lord works in mysterious ways my friend.

Im always glad to enlighten as many as possible but as stated before im not the best moral character of them all although im working on it.

seanw is offline Banned
    The Lord works in mysterious ways my friend.

Im always glad to enlighten as many as possible but as stated before im not the best moral character of them all although im working on it.
    No no, please dont work on it, otherwise you will turn into a fuking priest.

Ha Ha funny guy I just have a good Bible with many reference pages.

Thread Information