Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: New Trend

  1. #1
    sasa is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    New Trend

    Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with new information from the United States, I also would like to have your comments on the declared phenomenon:

    Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.
    Millions of people read Koran (Quran) in the Internet and visited Islamic sites.

    Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousand, Drawn Before and After Attacks
    By JODI WILGOREN
    Source: The New York Times: October 22, 2001, Monday
    Section: National Desk
    http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm

    "Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

    Famous people are affected too:

    Singer "Cat Stevens" Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world
    Hear his story as told him
    http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...2569BA0007D998
    http://www.islamtomorrow.net/converts/yusuf_islam.htm

    Is it also true that Americans are converting by thousands to Islam (a rate of 100,000 a year)?
    I don't know if most of it is in the prisons like Mohammad Ali for example, but there is a great amount of conversion to Islam in American prisons and outside.

  2. #2
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    I see myself as one of the more tolerant people on this board, and I'm going to tell you that A) this belongs in the religion forum, B) no one likes propoganda, and C) if someone doesn't move this soon, there's going to be a lot of flaming due to ineducated intolerance. So take it elsewhere.

    Let's stay civil, people.

  3. #3
    OGPackin's Avatar
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,022
    Interesting 1st post....

    OG

  4. #4
    sasa is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    From what I've heard from different friends of mine who have converted to Islam, there are a few main reasons for most conversions.

    1. Islam is a religious lifestyle, not just a quick Sunday morning church visit and a label. Although some Christians do pray before each meal and spend much time with their Bible, etc.many don't in the USA. Islam is something that can't be shunted into a few spare hours. You pray five times a day. Your dress code is affected; even your food choices are explained in the Qur'an. Many converts like it because they feel actively involved and as if they are truly religious.

    2. For women, it is a big and welcome change from the "in your face" sexuality of western culture. Women are not required by the Qur'an to veil. They are required to dress modestly and it is *recommended* that they cover their hair. However, most do veil and some go farther with niquab (the face screen) or other traditional clothes. Women dressed like this consider themselves marked as religious women, not easy dates. They don't get hit on. No one gawks at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

    3. Islam is also growing because many people are not satisfied with Christianity. They feel it is too liberal, too fluid and changes for the culture. Islam on the other hand is more rigid and does not as a whole allow much for modern changes and the whims of society. Many like it because they feel other religions have loose standards.

    That's what I got from the new Muslimah's group at Yahoo, Islamway women's board and a few other friends of mine. Stats taken by many college groups say that women convert 4 times more often then men.

  5. #5
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Sounds like an advert to me.

  6. #6
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    Last time i checked... this was the lounge.

    Collin's Thesaurus states:

    lounge
    "relax,laze, lie about, loaf, loiter, loll, outspan, sprawl, take it easy"

    No word above can be extracted to describe the content..or direction of this thread.Take this to the religious/political forum...

  7. #7
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Who cares?

    Wrong forum anyhow. Convert your ass to the religion forum.

    ~SC~

    Quote Originally Posted by sasa
    From what I've heard from different friends of mine who have converted to Islam, there are a few main reasons for most conversions.

    1. Islam is a religious lifestyle, not just a quick Sunday morning church visit and a label. Although some Christians do pray before each meal and spend much time with their Bible, etc.many don't in the USA. Islam is something that can't be shunted into a few spare hours. You pray five times a day. Your dress code is affected; even your food choices are explained in the Qur'an. Many converts like it because they feel actively involved and as if they are truly religious.

    2. For women, it is a big and welcome change from the "in your face" sexuality of western culture. Women are not required by the Qur'an to veil. They are required to dress modestly and it is *recommended* that they cover their hair. However, most do veil and some go farther with niquab (the face screen) or other traditional clothes. Women dressed like this consider themselves marked as religious women, not easy dates. They don't get hit on. No one gawks at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

    3. Islam is also growing because many people are not satisfied with Christianity. They feel it is too liberal, too fluid and changes for the culture. Islam on the other hand is more rigid and does not as a whole allow much for modern changes and the whims of society. Many like it because they feel other religions have loose standards.

    That's what I got from the new Muslimah's group at Yahoo, Islamway women's board and a few other friends of mine. Stats taken by many college groups say that women convert 4 times more often then men.

  8. #8
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    Im an atheist. If i was gonna pick a religion i think id personally go for the ancient greeks religion with Zeus etc. That had a bit of flavour and excitement to it

  9. #9
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    well if i convert to muslim do i get a little hat and rug to pray on, bc im not paying for it, also if you ppl remove the clits on women..what am i supposes to lick during foreplay? and 3rd, if im muslim, do i get a tax break or frequent flyer miles?

  10. #10
    houseofpain's Avatar
    houseofpain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,847
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    tha is all
    ~HOP

  11. #11
    sasa is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    Most Islamic societies aren't theocratic. I find it interesting that the three largest Islamic countries have had women heads of state (Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh), while the same can't be said of the three largest Christian countries.

    Women in Christianity and Islam:
    http://www.beconvinced.com/women/CH_IS.htm

  12. #12
    OGPackin's Avatar
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,022
    Where'da white women at....

    OG

  13. #13
    Hot-Rox's Avatar
    Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Down South-west
    Posts
    1,153
    Bro - how old are you? This is written from a perspective of someone with very little life experience. It is also an insult to anyone who has different beliefs than yours. AR is a truly international forum with tolerance for all religions.

  14. #14
    seanw's Avatar
    seanw is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aussie in Singapore
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    well if i convert to muslim do i get a little hat and rug to pray on, bc im not paying for it, also if you ppl remove the clits on women..what am i supposes to lick during foreplay? and 3rd, if im muslim, do i get a tax break or frequent flyer miles?
    ROTFLMAO

  15. #15
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    well if i convert to muslim do i get a little hat and rug to pray on, bc im not paying for it, also if you ppl remove the clits on women..what am i supposes to lick during foreplay? and 3rd, if im muslim, do i get a tax break or frequent flyer miles?

    Yeah, I would really miss that licking part...

  16. #16
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Where'da white women at....

    OG
    Haha that reminds me, i have a record with that sample on it, a guy saying "where all the white women at?", i scratch it in when im at clubs, very funny. lol.

    sorry

    BACK TO TOPIC!

  17. #17
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    well if i convert to muslim do i get a little hat and rug to pray on, bc im not paying for it, also if you ppl remove the clits on women..what am i supposes to lick during foreplay? and 3rd, if im muslim, do i get a tax break or frequent flyer miles?
    lol im so glad i get your humour

  18. #18
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    the number of followers is irrevelant in my opinion, of any religion. I rather have 1 million pious religious people, who really follow their religion, than 1 billion people who claim to be of a certain religion yet dont follow its true teachings.

  19. #19
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    well if i convert to muslim do i get a little hat and rug to pray on, bc im not paying for it, also if you ppl remove the clits on women..what am i supposes to lick during foreplay? and 3rd, if im muslim, do i get a tax break or frequent flyer miles?

    that is NOT A RELIGIOUS thing it is more cultural

  20. #20
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    the number of followers is irrevelant in my opinion, of any religion. I rather have 1 million pious religious people, who really follow their religion, than 1 billion people who claim to be of a certain religion yet dont follow its true teachings.
    well, not sure about this. most of the religions have done more harm than anything else. I think the only exception is buddism.

  21. #21
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    well, not sure about this. most of the religions have done more harm than anything else. I think the only exception is buddism.
    that is a very big miscoception.

    In Tibet there have been Buddhist Monks that have bombed Chinese shops and Chinese civilians.

    In Sri Lanka there is a long and horrible dispute that has boiled over in many deaths, in fighting between Hindus and Buddhists. Recently, just last week or month, there were grenades thrown by Buddhists into a Hindu festival.

    In Thailand Buddhists fight with Muslims in the south, and have burned down Mosques.

    "If one's motivation is sincere and positive but the circumstances require harsh behavior, essentially one is practicing nonviolence," the Dalai Lama said in a comment made long before the current crisis. "No matter what the case may be, I feel that a compassionate concern for the benefit of others--not simply for oneself--is the sole justification for the use of force." - The Dalai Lama

    Then, in brutal mountain warfare around Kargil, the Kashmiri militants clashed with the Indian Army's Ladakh Scouts, a 4,000-man paramilitary unit of local Buddhists and Tibetan commandos. Just as the fighting erupted at Kargil, the Dalai Lama happened to be visiting the Jivay Tsal, his palatial residence near Choklamsar, the sprawling Tibetan refugee camp outside Leh. According to Tibetan monks and schoolteachers interviewed at the camp, the Tibetan spiritual leader gave his personal blessing to the Buddhist soldiers of the Ladakh Scouts, Indian press accounts also mentioned the Dalai Lama's supportive role.

    The Ladakhi and Tibetan troopers were immediately sent to the mountains over the Indus River headwaters. After scaling the icy cliffs, the Ladakh Scouts launched the first successful counterattacks by the Indian side, killing dozens of Muslim militants and pushing the rest back into Pakistan-controlled Baltistan.
    realize that Japan now and during WW2, was a Buddhist nation.

  22. #22
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Sorry sasa...17 years old. Come back in a year.

  23. #23
    seanw's Avatar
    seanw is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aussie in Singapore
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    that is NOT A RELIGIOUS thing it is more cultural
    Bullsh!t, I consider eating pussy a very important part of my religion

  24. #24
    OGPackin's Avatar
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Bullsh!t, I consider eating pussy a very important part of my religion

    lol..Same here bro. I have a rule. If im fukin im eatin...

    OG

  25. #25
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    its no surprise that Islam is growing in America - it is Politically Correct to embrace ANYTHING except mainstream Christianity - worship a dog if you want to just not Christ - Real Christianity is only for stupid hicks too uneducated to find a "more enlightened" religion or learn the real truth that there is no God but ourselves.. or so the elite wish to tell us.

  26. #26
    KAEW44's Avatar
    KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,673
    Its true many people convert to islam yearly in the united states, but unfortunatly many of thm are left in doubt or re-thinking their decision after they do it because sadly there arent enough muslim people with Great knowledge on islam + great communication skills. They do exsist but they arent easily found, and that makes it hard for new converts to get simple answers and explanations to help them start the religeon on the right track.
    I am sure this applies to many other religeons too, many people who are already christians just by name or family do discover that they want to get more involved in their religeon and more informed on it. But if they dont find the right church or the right group to hang with then they change their minds a few days into it.

    Sadly in all religons is that people who have dedicated their lives to religeon priests/monks/mullas/etc are just people ...and they cant help processing the information they read and learn through their human brain which loves to slap an opinion on everything that enters it! So regardelss of how strict and dedicated the person is, when u ask one of these people there is always some of their very personal opinion in their words. That makes it even harder for new converts of any religeon to really get straight answers that help guide them, or two answers that are the same.

    Sometimes i envy brainwashed religeous people cause the thinking part is removed for them, u ever meet soemone who just believs something cause thats what he was told! So simple minded....yet so free of thought and the complications of life....i love giving them tongue twisters...try it....they quickly turn from religeous headaches to amusing entertainment

  27. #27
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    I believe the LDS Christian faith is actually the fastest growing religion in the US.

  28. #28
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    This guy sounds like ZOAIB and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be him.
    instead of accusing new pro-islam member of this board, of being someone on this board why dont you ask mods to do a check or an ip check to see if they are even in the same state.

  29. #29
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    its no surprise that Islam is growing in America - it is Politically Correct to embrace ANYTHING except mainstream Christianity - worship a dog if you want to just not Christ - Real Christianity is only for stupid hicks too uneducated to find a "more enlightened" religion or learn the real truth that there is no God but ourselves.. or so the elite wish to tell us.
    that could be part of it buat also some christians feel that Christianity is to liberal for their tastes, that is a reason alot of reverts give.

    Like thsi story

    http://www.channel4.com/culture/micr...ot/texas1.html

    The Bible belt is transferring its allegiance to the Qur’an because, for many erstwhile Christians, believe it or not, the church is too liberal.

  30. #30
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Because it's not my job nor is it at the top of my priority list. I wasn't accusing. I was stating similarities. Why do you get defensive over anything I say?
    not everything raki but almost everything, i jsut notice you always do that all the time.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    that is NOT A RELIGIOUS thing it is more cultural
    Religious tendencies are cultural, actually. Statistically, environment and upbringing are the important factors in determining which faith one will be.

    Intellegence, etc...are statistically irrelevant. If you are raised by Moslems, guess what you are going to be? Thats right...a Moslem.

  32. #32
    RockSolid's Avatar
    RockSolid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jerzey, USA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Religious tendencies are cultural, actually. Statistically, environment and upbringing are the important factors in determining which faith one will be.

    Intellegence, etc...are statistically irrelevant. If you are raised by Moslems, guess what you are going to be? Thats right...a Moslem.
    i was talking about female circumcision it was a cultural practice, even before the coming of Islam to those areas, islam never calls for female circumcision.

  33. #33
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    All I know is Decas post made me laugh until I cried!

  34. #34
    seanw's Avatar
    seanw is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aussie in Singapore
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    All I know is Decas post made me laugh until I cried!
    Me too, I read that and then went and had a dump, I was crying laughing in the toilet thinking about it. My wife was asking me what I was up to in there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •