Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    RockSolid is offline Banned

Thumbs down Quit comparing Iraq To Japan!!

Darkest Before the Dawn

by Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers

"A lie told even ten-thousand times, never becomes the truth."

- Mikhail Gorbachev

Fact: There was no armed insurrection by the Japanese against the U.S. occupation after World War II. Please read that sentence again: There was no armed insurrection by the Japanese against the U.S. occupation after World War II. Thanks, just had to get that off my chest.

The American mass media has completely devolved into pure style over substance. It doesn't matter anymore if those who appear on American TV haven't the faintest idea of what they are talking about. What matters is that they look like they know what they are talking about.

The claims, half-truths, and lies being made by those in the White House and Pentagon regarding Iraq can be excused – or rather can be expected. Everyone expects the President and his men to lie. Everyone already knows that George W. Bush and friends have a pathological problem with reality. When I see or hear supposed experts on American TV or radio making outrageous claims and lying about Japan that's where I really have a problem.

I had always believed – and thought everyone else in the mass media did the same – that the primary duty of all broadcasters was to tell the truth. How naïve I must have been.

The most recent nonsense being spouted by the Prima Donna cast on your TV is the line:

"The Iraqi insurgency will get worse before it gets better."

This is usually followed by the rationalization – the blatant lie – that "Japan had an insurgency after World War II." There was no insurgency in Japan after World War II. Never happened.

When the war ended, for the very first time the Japanese public heard the voice of their living God, Emperor Hirohito went on the radio. He told them:

"Bear the unbearable."

The Japanese did what Hirohito requested. There were no shootings, no car bombings, no explosions; the Japanese did not rise up against the U.S. occupation and revolt. There was no insurrection. Those who make this claim are either lying or they don't know their history.

I suspect a bit of both.

I have heard before Rush Limbaugh claiming that Japan and Germany had a post-war insurrection. I do not want to make any claims about Germany – a subject that I am not well versed in – but I do consider myself much more of an expert on Japan than Rush Limbaugh or just about any person on American TV or radio and I can tell you for a fact: No postwar insurrection in Japan.

Which is it for Rush Limbaugh? Is he shamelessly lying or is he just ignorant on Japan's history and knows that no one will call him on it? Well, Mr. Limbaugh, I'm calling you on it now.

I have even heard Fox TV's Bill O'Reilly make the statement that "Postwar Iraqi is going better than Postwar Japan." With the insinuation that Japan's insurrection was worse than Iraq's.

Which is it for Bill O'Reilly? Is he lying again or is he just ignorant on Japan's history and knows that no one will call him on it? Well, Mr. O'Reilly, I'm calling you on it now.

Today, for the third time in the last few months, I heard this blatant lie – sans challenge to its validity – being made on CNN as Larry King interviewed a guest during his coverage of the Presidential Inauguration. I'm sorry, I didn't catch the name of the young man who made this absurd assertion, but he was wrong. There was no insurgency in Japan after the war. To claim that there was is out-and-out fabrication.

Which is it for CNN? Are they blatantly lying or are they just ignorant on Japan's history and knows that no one will call them? Well, CNN, I'm calling you on it now.

I have searched for months through Japanese language documentation and haven't found one single piece of evidence that there ever was any political violence against the U.S. occupation in Japan after World War II. There absolutely was no postwar insurrection in Japan.

Here are the facts from USA Today:

Iraq: 14-month occupation scheduled to end June 30 [2004]. Iraqis are to hold elections no later than Jan. 31, 2005, and write a constitution by the end of 2005. Occupation troops are attacked daily. There was no formal surrender by the former regime.

Japan: Adopted a constitution 15 months after the war ended, and put it into effect in May 1947. There was no postwar insurgency. Japan formally surrendered and was much more badly damaged than Iraq after the war.

Germany: Took three years to write a constitution and four years to hold elections. There was almost no postwar insurgency. Also badly damaged after the war and formally surrendered.

So the question comes up, and I don't believe it is a minor one, "Will things continue to get worse before they get better?"

Judging from the current state of American TV and radio and having to tolerate "experts" continually lying to the American public and not getting taken to task for it, I'd have to say that I agree:

"Things are going to get much worse before they get better."

January 22, 2005

Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers [send him mail] was born and raised in the USA and moved to Japan in 1984. He has worked as an independent writer, producer, and personality in the mass media for nearly 30 years.

Copyright © 2005 LewRockwell.com

Also Japan is a homogenous society, Iraq is far from that.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Hey Rock, why don't you do a little more research before posting a clearly biased source of information. Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers is a Hate America 1st Idiot, anti - war activist - Bush bashing Noob (and not credible).

http://www.lewrockwell.com/
    (This site openly states they are anti-war).

His story was not meant to actually talk about how democracy could be brought to Iraq (as it had been brought to Japan in the 1940's). Instead, he has only interested in portraying his liberal activist anti-war drivel.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I've heard very few Japan-Iraq comparisons. However, I believe most of them are made to show that it takes some time to get a democratic government up & running. I'm actually surprised both Iraq and Afghanistan along have moved this quickly. However, there is a big difference between what happened in WWII and these recent wars. In World War II, we showed that we would go to any length to win, especially with Japan. The fire-bombing of Tokyo and nukes completely broke their will to fight. That's how you really win a war. Today, that would be considered a travesty. George Clooney said, before the Iraq war (and I know I'm taking this out of context), "We can't beat anyone anymore." He's right. We aren't willing to do what it takes to win.

Regardless, does this author give any suggestions on what to do? I am sure he'll say leave Iraq. This will only make it worse. Unfortunately, I think the hard left wants us to lose, simply so they can use the war as another talking point for their agenda. I say we stay for the election, tell them we're taking off very soon, declare victory, and get the hell out of Dodge. I don't care what happens after that. It's their country, if they are willing to fight for it.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    Hey Rock, why don't you do a little more research before posting a clearly biased source of information. Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers is a Hate America 1st Idiot, anti - war activist - Bush bashing Noob (and not credible).

http://www.lewrockwell.com/
    (This site openly states they are anti-war).

His story was not meant to actually talk about how democracy could be brought to Iraq (as it had been brought to Japan in the 1940's). Instead, he has only interested in portraying his liberal activist anti-war drivel.
    yeah, everybody that is not a government parrot like u, is a america hater and left winger. u r just so full of ****...

ok, but do you see one thing in his article that is false? There was no post war insurgency in Japan. And the two situations arent even remotely comparable. Yet O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity always point to Japan as a model, when they compare it, to Iraq.

after all, all media is biased.
    Last edited by RockSolid; 01-28-2005 at 03:10 AM.

Militia is offline Banned
    this is out of subject ,what disgust me the most is ppl who dont fight the occuption and surrender to the invader it so humiliating and disgusting that why i dont respect the ppl of kuwait.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    You never know about the future. Maybe someday there could be a compairison done.........Iraq could become the second nation to recieve an American nuclear bomb.

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    If I could only find the button...

-Syn

Will Power is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Militia
    this is out of subject ,what disgust me the most is ppl who dont fight the occuption and surrender to the invader it so humiliating and disgusting that why i dont respect the ppl of kuwait.
    Thats because contrary to the giz youve been swallowing from Nasrala, the magority of the Muslim world want peace and freedom, unlike the terrorist blood drinking culture you are so fond of..

u call the occupation of a foreign army a freedom? u call humiliating surrendering peace? u realy need some logic in your brain

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    u call the occupation of a foreign army a freedom? u call humiliating surrendering peace? u realy need some logic in your brain

Once the US leaves, and there is a free and independent democracy, and the feeble minded terrorists, like you are all dead, yes there will be freedom.

First Afganastan, now Iraq. Democracy and freedom will spread through the middle faster than a terrorist can suck a dick. The day of the terrorist is coming to an end, if I were you I would go get my virgins before they are all gone.

Whether or there was an insurgency in Japan is not the true comparison (and of little importance). The true comparison is can you bring democracy through military force. Japan is a positive example where that has happened previously. Is Iraq going to be exactly the same? No, of course not. There are other factors at work there. But, to state that there are no similarities between Iraq and Japan is flat out factually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    ok, but do you see one thing in his article that is false? There was no post war insurgency in Japan. And the two situations arent even remotely comparable. Yet O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity always point to Japan as a model, when they compare it, to Iraq.

after all, all media is biased.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Once the US leaves, and there is a free and independent democracy, and the feeble minded terrorists, like you are all dead, yes there will be freedom.
    o yeah - I forgot everything is going great in Afghanistan. it became a democratic country, right. it s obviously that u don t want to see the truth but pls stop spreading lies.

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    o yeah - I forgot everything is going great in Afghanistan. it became a democratic country, right. it s obviously that u don t want to see the truth but pls stop spreading lies.

On October 9, 2004, Afghanistan help its first-ever national election. Voters
    chose a president for a five-year term. The election would prove to be a historic event for a country that has, over the last twenty-five years, suffered Soviet occupation, civil war, failed governance, severe repression of women, and the vicious rule of the Taliban. The prospect of a future dictated by ballots, and not bullets and bombs, is a cause for great hopeAfter 20 years of war, Afghans went to the polls for the first time on Oct. 9, 2004. Human Rights Watch's Afghanistan experts, on hand to witness the elections, reported the mood at most polling stations was jubilant, and understandably so. election day passed without any report of serious violence.

Pull your head out of Mulla Omars ars long enough to smell the Goat milk...

unfortunatly some of u guys living in the US are living in an enclosed world they dont understand whats going on ,they only relay on the us media wich is almost pure propaganda

unfortunatly some of u guys living in the US are living in an enclosed world they dont understand whats going on ,they only relay on the us media wich is almost pure propaganda

It seems that the truth that you believe is what is told to you during sweaty man love from your father and every other man in the village.

They just lean down and whisper in your ear, telling you to hate the US?

Really bang that into you....

Are you reading that from the tatoo on Nasralas penis. I want to send you a free cell phone, and I will call you when its time to meet your virgins.
    Kiss my ass you pansy ass vampiric terrorist bastard. Yes that was a direct flame you ass licking moron.
    Last edited by Will Power; 01-28-2005 at 01:06 PM.

Militia - I think you confuse your bias with our lack of media access. Your comment is an underhanded way of say you guys are just ignorant. It is nothing short of insulting.

singern is offline Banned
    Militia - I think you confuse your bias with our lack of media access. Your comment is an underhanded way of say you guys are just ignorant. It is nothing short of insulting.
    You are very kind, I would have said something like:
    Suck my balls you perverted bastard. But thats just me.....

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    I agree. Even though the intentions of the US, was good, but freedom does not equal surrender, and war does not equal peace.
    Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 01-28-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I agree. Even though the intentions of the US, was good, but occupation does not equal surrender, and war does not equal peace.
    Welcome back.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    It seems that the truth that you believe is what is told to you during sweaty man love from your father and every other man in the village.

They just lean down and whisper in your ear, telling you to hate the US?

Really bang that into you....
    There's sweaty man love over there!!!! And here I am stuck in America...**** it. hahahahahahahahaah

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Suck my balls you perverted bastard. But thats just me.....
    wooow with this reply u showed me how mush u r educated !i wonder from wich background u came...this an advice try to be more diplomatic when talking this will make ppl respect u more,look at my replies i dont insult anyone and my replies are way more civilized than ur comments .

Thanks BigGen.

Militia, what is the tone of the Iraqi elections in Lebanon? What do they feel about it?

Thanks BigGen.

Militia, what is the tone of the Iraqi elections in Lebanon? What do they feel about it?
    probably not positive.

wooow with this reply u showed me how mush u r educated !i wonder from wich background u came...this an advice try to be more diplomatic when talking this will make ppl respect u more,look at my replies i dont insult anyone and my replies are way more civilized than ur comments .
    Listen up fatima.
    at least singern doesnt spread some perverted mantra of mindless hatred, he speaks of peaceful coexistance.
    you and your satanic culture of jihadist puke are worth no more than the dress your fearless leader wears to cover the empty place where his balls should be.

actualy i am with a clean free election but i dont think the american will let the iraqi elect what they want u will see alawi the american agent will stay a prime minister,i wish i am wrong and the new prime minister will be realy choosen by the iraqi ,an other problem is this imaginary monster al zarkawi created by the us cia he is delaying the freedom of iraq from the occupation,if the election succeed and those terrorist act against iraqi civilians stop then the us army dont have any reason to stay in iraq and if they stay (wich they will do it) the resistance will get stronger and stronger and i am sure they will get out by force...so its better for the usa to withdraw in a noble way after the election and keep its face or stay and get forced to get out by the resistance wich is no good for its repution wich is already declining.

Wrong, you remember your post in Bouncer's thread.

i dont beleive that the nazis have killed and burned jews in this way, i think this was fabricated so the world will have pity on them and they will gain support to build their own religious country,just my opinion!

It's open season on your little terrorists ass.

If Allawi wins, it has to be a setup. But if the elections go correctly, a person from The SUPREME COUNCIL FOR ISLAMIC REVOLUTION IN IRAQ will win the most seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    Listen up fatima.
    at least singern doesnt spread some perverted mantra of mindless hatred, he speaks of peaceful coexistance.
    you and your satanic culture of jihadist puke are worth no more than the dress your fearless leader wears to cover the empty place where his balls should be.
    u 2 the same advice i gave to singern

u 2 the same advice i gave to singern
    Blow me terrorist rat bastard...

But if the elections go correctly, a person from The SUPREME COUNCIL FOR ISLAMIC REVOLUTION IN IRAQ will win the most seats.
    i hope so because my best friend uncle is very close to the suprem coucil and if the "islamic revolution in iraq" win i am sure I can get a good place in the gov.

Thread Information