Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Will Power is offline Banned

Chechens 'vow Beslan-type attacks'

LONDON, England (AP) -- Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, who claimed responsibility for last year's brutal terrorist attack on a Russian school, was quoted as saying Thursday that the separatist rebels are planning more such operations. "We are planning more Beslan-type operations in the future because we are forced to do so," the Times quoted Basayev as saying.
    Basayev was quoted as saying his goal is to give Russia's leadership no chance of achieving a "bloodless resolution" to the siege in Chechnya and to force it to stop the "genocide of the Chechen people."

OK I think we can all agree that seperation, and independence is the preferred goal, but why then is this terrorist against the option of a "Bloodless resolution" and how does planning more unspeakable Beslan like operations contribute in any way to the ambitions of Chechen people.....

Discuss...

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    LONDON, England (AP) -- Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, who claimed responsibility for last year's brutal terrorist attack on a Russian school, was quoted as saying Thursday that the separatist rebels are planning more such operations. "We are planning more Beslan-type operations in the future because we are forced to do so," the Times quoted Basayev as saying.
    Basayev was quoted as saying his goal is to give Russia's leadership no chance of achieving a "bloodless resolution" to the siege in Chechnya and to force it to stop the "genocide of the Chechen people."

OK I think we can all agree that seperation, and independence is the preferred goal, but why then is this terrorist against the option of a "Bloodless resolution" and how does planning more unspeakable Beslan like operations contribute in any way to the ambitions of Chechen people.....

Discuss...
    do u really think the russians understand any other language than force , do u even know what these russians do to these guys over there .......... ?? but thx for your opinion !

P.S i am in no way supportive of them targetting civilains to fulfill their goals ! for me if u play by the rules God helps u no matter what !

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    do u really think the russians understand any other language than force , do u even know what these russians do to these guys over there .......... ?? but thx for your opinion !
    Certainly I am taken back by the horrific act in Beslan, and the threat of more such attacks, However since admittedly my knowledge of the situation is lacking, I wasn't voicing an opinion on the political aspects much as fishing for others.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I'll say it plain and simple it was cowardice and I kope those bastards are rotting in hell. Women and children are not targets.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    do u really think the russians understand any other language than force , do u even know what these russians do to these guys over there ..........
    What about Czechoslovak's velvet revolution (1989). Indeed Russia lost its grip on the former east European soviet bloc through mostly peace revolution. You, RockSolid and CAUSASIAN often defend terrorist actions with the 'fight fire with fire' argument. Well governements the world over have shown time and again its easier to deal with through through dialogue and the ballot box.

I think at the end of the day you have to look to your teachings, again you and your buddies have justified armed response (terrorism) through verses from the Quran, you all do it in almost every thread here. I'm tired of it.

Yeah but thats when the USSR was crumbling and Moscow basically "let go" all the countries it didn't want... with massive reserves of natural resources, chechnia they don't want to let go of...

Remember what happened though when czechoslovakia tried "peacefull revolution"? Prague Spring, 1968... tanks rolled in, people were brutally arrested and killed. Hard core repression.

I don't support any type of attacks on civilians, women, children... it's the lowest of the lowest... wether it's chechen terrorists bombing a school, or russian soldiers pillaging, murdering and raping in chechnia.

Red

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    What about Czechoslovak's velvet revolution (1989). Indeed Russia lost its grip on the former east European soviet bloc through mostly peace revolution. You, RockSolid and CAUSASIAN often defend terrorist actions with the 'fight fire with fire' argument. Well governements the world over have shown time and again its easier to deal with through through dialogue and the ballot box.

I think at the end of the day you have to look to your teachings, again you and your buddies have justified armed response (terrorism) through verses from the Quran, you all do it in almost every thread here. I'm tired of it.
    well to be honestly speaking , i cannot voice any opinions of what the terrorists are doing and why , all i see is there is a problem whereever this is happening , and usually all of this is caused by injustice , so us sitting here and voicing our opinions isnt going to do much , as far as me or anyone supporting terrorists , NO certainly not , but my responses have always been , that the palestinians have every right to fight , the chechans have every right to fight for their freedom , if we are not willing to give it to them , then they try whatever they can to achieve it and while doing that , wrong ways are taken , to accomplish that ......... BOUNCER there is a lot more that goes on in the real world than u or me are aware of .

well to be honestly speaking , i cannot voice any opinions of what the terrorists are doing and why , all i see is there is a problem whereever this is happening , and usually all of this is caused by injustice , so us sitting here and voicing our opinions isnt going to do much , as far as me or anyone supporting terrorists , NO certainly not , but my responses have always been , that the palestinians have every right to fight , the chechans have every right to fight for their freedom , if we are not willing to give it to them , then they try whatever they can to achieve it and while doing that , wrong ways are taken , to accomplish that ......... BOUNCER there is a lot more that goes on in the real world than u or me are aware of .
    Well said, but the Palestinians chose violence as an alternative to dialog. They didnt like what was on the table, and chose terrorism. So perhaps I cannot speak for the Chechan agenda, but I beleive the Palestinian example is not valid.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power

Discuss...
    Shamil Basayev's life is just an amazing story. He was a supporter of the Soveit Union, and worked with Boris Yeltsin, and the Soviet Union.

He was a computer programmer, and a computer salesman. One day the Russian Army, killed his whole family, his grandparents, his parents, his wife, all his kids, his brothers and sisters in one attack.

Then he joined the rebels, who were more nationalistic, fighting for the Chechan cause. Then he joined the Arab mercenary Khattab, became a religious Wahhabi, became an Islamist and now is getting so extreme it is unbelievable.

What is your source?

You, RockSolid and CAUSASIAN often defend terrorist actions with the 'fight fire with fire' argument.
    You like to stereotype, I have never said it was ok to kill civilians, and I am sure RockSolid has never said that either. You should stop putting words in people's mouths.

The Quran is against killing civilians, and you are to fight an army only if they attack you first and oppress you.

So Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Chechnya is justified, but only fight people "that bear arms against you", not civilians.

No one cares about the 50,000 school age kids that have been killed in Chechnya in the past 10 years. Its not 100, 1000, or 10,000. Its 44,000 +.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    What is your source?
    This was on cnn.com this morning, thanks for the background on this guy.

Wow, I saw it on CNN also, right now. This is very suprising, because almost all Chechan rebel leaders have called for a 1 month cease fire. I guess Basayev is on his own.

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/article.php?id=3496

No one cares about the 50,000 school age kids that have been killed in Chechnya in the past 10 years. Its not 100, 1000, or 10,000. Its 44,000 +.

I do. And after Rak_Ani I value your views (althought I disagree with them) the most here. If I hadn't the benefit of experience and hindsight you could easily have brought me over to your side. Your an asset to your cause, and an asset to the board here. Thank you for coming back, but seriously experience in various conflicts have made me so diametrically opposed to you now you'll never convert me, but I value your input here all the same. As I know others here do to.

zOaib is offline VET
    I do. And after Rak_Ani I value your views (althought I disagree with them) the most here. If I hadn't the benefit of experience and hindsight you could easily have brought me over to your side. Your an asset to your cause, and an asset to the board here. Thank you for coming back, but seriously experience in various conflicts have made me so diametrically opposed to you now you'll never convert me, but I value your input here all the same. As I know others here do to.
    he is a nice guy after all !

singern is offline Banned
    he is a nice guy after all !
    Yeah I got a warm and fuzzy from that also..

I think BOUNCER is in love with me. :spudniksw

zOaib is offline VET
    I think BOUNCER is in love with me.

LOL, nah not love. Drunk as a lord last night. but your a pretty good guy to have around all the same.

Thread Information