Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member

Opinions Of The State Of The Union

Did you guys catch Bush last night and his delivery of the State of the Union? What did you think of what he had to say?

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    Did you guys catch Bush last night and his delivery of the State of the Union? What did you think of what he had to say?
    Watched it, Im still on the fence as far as Social Security issue, but the rest was a true presidential pep-rally. I have to admit that when the mother of the killed Marine hugged the Iraqi woman I cried like a baby...

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Watched it, Im still on the fence as far as Social Security issue, but the rest was a true presidential pep-rally. I have to admit that when the mother of the killed Marine hugged the Iraqi woman I cried like a baby...

Same here.

Dam-n Signern, I was going to keep that info private. But, I have to admit I did too. When I thought about the mom who sacrificed so much (her son) embracing the Iraqi women who voted last Sunday - I just lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by singern

singern is offline Banned
    Just dont let this get out, I do have a reputation you know...
    Last edited by singern; 02-03-2005 at 02:50 PM.

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    i dont know what to say as far as the SS "problem", there are many people with highly valued opinions saying that social security is in no trouble, but i havnt really decided what i think is true. I really dont like bush, but his speech was decent. He layed down his plans didnt stutter mispronounce many words or and skrew up like he normally does.For anyone who likes him it must have sounded mighty impressive.

You are correct Suzuki! He sounded confident, relaxed, like a man with THE PLAN!

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki99
    i dont know what to say as far as the SS "problem", there are many people with highly valued opinions saying that social security is in no trouble, but i havnt really decided what i think is true. I really dont like bush, but his speech was decent. He layed down his plans didnt stutter mispronounce many words or and skrew up like he normally does.For anyone who likes him it must have sounded mighty impressive.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    well, all the dems in the last administration like Clinton and Gore sure thought SS was in dire trouble - and that was in the glory days of the internet boom - so I cant see how it got better since then

and I think in times to come, history will look kindly on his inaugural and this state of the union

CycLeon, I could not agree with you more! It is shameful how both parties try to put off SS solutions until the next election cycle. It may be true that there is not a crisis today, but if action is not taken now (or very soon) there is certain to be one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    well, all the dems in the last administration like Clinton and Gore sure thought SS was in dire trouble - and that was in the glory days of the internet boom - so I cant see how it got better since then

and I think in times to come, history will look kindly on his inaugural and this state of the union

Thread Information