02-04-2005, 02:11 PM #1
Interview of Shamil Basayev to Channel 4 News
I will summarize, because he likes to talk alot.
- He says it was Russians that were responsible for the killings in Beslan, because he wanted to negociate, but the Russians stormed the building.
- He says he is forced to commit more acts like Beslan, because the Chechans are going to become an extinct race, with about 1 million people left.
- He quotes Winston Churhill alot, he doesnt realize Winston Churchill wasnt a fan of religion especially Islam.
- He said we dont train kids to become warriors, but they disappear. When Chechan kids are killed they are called terrorists.
- I can assure you that we are not only helped by Muslims from all the world, but we are helped by people of different confessions – Christians, and I even have a good acquaintance who is Judaic and helps us.
- Georgia and in Ukraine people are allowed to free themselves from Russian oppression, and the whole world helps them in that, but for some reason for us it is forbidden. No-one helps us.
- He says he isnt fighting Christianity or Judaism, but Satanism. This is not a war between Muslims and Christians. Not between confessions but between faith and faithlessness. The majority of Russians are godless, and we are fighting with Satanism. Islam has retained its inner strength most, and has the power and ability to stand against world Satanism. Of Christianity and Judaism only the name has remained, and also practically from Islam. Today we’re fighting global Satanism that puts forward as its shield American imperialism and Russian chauvinism
- We’re not romantics and not maniacs. We are fighting out of the necessity to defend our freedom and independence, to stop the undisguised genocide of the Chechen people, and today as I have said, there is a war between the descendents of monkeys – about whom your Darwin said – and the descendents of Adam, glory be to Allah. That is today’s war, between good and evil.
- We are fighting not because we have nothing to do or we like war. No, we don’t like – we also want to lead a calm life, live by our religion and laws, hinder no-one.
Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 02-04-2005 at 02:36 PM.
02-04-2005, 02:21 PM #2
It is also rumored that Shamil Basayev was killed last week, while fighting foreign mercenaries, probably Arab or Turkish mercenaries.
02-04-2005, 02:23 PM #3
Caucasian, why post this? It serve no purpose, no one here condones taking women and children hostage. Not being rude but what are you trying to acomplish?
02-04-2005, 02:24 PM #4Originally Posted by 1victor
You have to see his mindset. He truly belives he wasnt responsible for the killings.
He said he is in shock up to now as to what happened to the kids.
Before people start telling me stuff. I dont and most Chechan rebel groups dont support his actions at all. They have called him a terrorist. And told him to focus on the Russian military in Chechnya.
But he has gone crazy, I truly belive he has gone crazy.
Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 02-04-2005 at 02:31 PM.
02-04-2005, 02:32 PM #5
we don't plat his rhetoric here, there may be a clip but we do not broadcast the entire piece of filth.
02-04-2005, 02:34 PM #6Originally Posted by 1victor
02-04-2005, 02:34 PM #7
we do not play his b.s. here there might be a clip on for a second when they discuss he released a new tape but that is it.
02-04-2005, 02:47 PM #8Originally Posted by 1victor
Its better to know, than ignore.
02-04-2005, 02:56 PM #9
Caus - your intention is not to educate. You have a clear agenda. And, it is not appreciated by the majority of AR members. There are plenty of Pro boards that support your fanatical / radical ideology. Why waste our time?
Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
02-04-2005, 02:56 PM #10
we know him but there is no need to paste his ugly ass all over the tv
02-04-2005, 03:11 PM #11Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
As a Chechan yourself I understand you are united in his cause, Im curious though what you think of his tactics, and the direction this takes them.
My opinion, if the Russians are offering a bloodless solution, take it.
02-04-2005, 03:29 PM #12Originally Posted by Will Power
He does nothing but hurt the Chechan cause. Chechans should stay in Chechnya and fight Russian soldiers. They shouldnt go into Russia and attack kids, women, children etc.
02-04-2005, 03:30 PM #13Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)