Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    singern is offline Banned

Iraqi Insurgents Terrorist or not.....

The Hizbalah thread touched on this, but this subject certainly deserves its own thread.

Here is an example from todays paper.
    BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Insurgents attacked three apparent Shiite Muslim targets in central Iraq on Friday, killing at least 21 people.
    a suicide car bomb detonated near a Shiite mosque during daily prayers northeast of Baghdad, killing at least 12 people and wounding 23 others,
    Gunmen also targeted a pair of bakeries in a Shiite neighborhood in southern Baghdad, killing nine workers. About a dozen gunmen emerged from two vehicles parked in front of the shops and opened fire.

.So if the people killing solders are the same people killing Iraqi citizens, are they terrorist or not?
    .Does killing a solder, and then targeting a civilian make you only "sometimes" a terrorist.
    .If they claim to be doing the will of God, yet blow up civilians in Mosque's, are they terrorist or not?
    .If the target of choice is the innocent Iraqi who only wants peace, and freedom, are they terrorist or not?

Discuss:

More importantly, what are their motives for wanting to stop democracy? Is it a fear of Neo-Liberalism and Global Capitolism? Is it the wish to subjegate other people (esp. women) and enforce their will on others, for "Allah"?

I'd personally like to know their motives, and their grasp of the concepts of NeoLiberalism and Global Capitolism, and if that plays a role in their actions, or if they are just scumbags trying to enforce "Allah's" will against the wishes of others.

Will Power is offline Banned
    A videotape obtained Thursday by Associated Press Television News showed gunmen killing four blindfolded men who identified themselves as Iraqi policemen. The video showed the four young men sitting cross-legged on the floor of a room. A date stamp on the video indicated it was recorded Feb. 3.
    Several gunmen with assault rifles standing just steps away from the captives fired repeatedly at the men one by one, shooting them in the back of their heads.

These are not freedom fighters, they are not representing the will, intent, or beliefs of the Iraqi people. They are not fighting for a nation, but an Ideology that perverts both religion, and humanity.

What are they? Terrorists (both by acts, and definition), murderers, traitors to country and faith.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Because of recent history here in Ireland I have mixed feelings on this. Some of which would make me a hypocrit. I've said it more than once, my politic's are pretty close to CAUASIAN in so far as I see occupying soldiers are legitimate targets for insurgents. I'm not sure about the internal politics of the Iraqi' insurgents and their motives behind murdering their own countrtmen, but I believe American aggression against Iraq has brought about a security situation which wasn't foreseen, America isn't equipt to deal with and if Bush could withdraw tomorrow without losing too much face (and money!) I don't doubt for a moment he would. Rumsfeld said today in a news conference that the responsiblity of defeating the insurgents lies with the Iraq people and Iraqi security forces, BULLSH*T. It lies with the Bush Administration, and unfortunetly the tools of his administration are young Americans dying on the streets of Iraq.

Sorry I appear to have gone off topic abit, but its impossible for us to get to the truth in Iraq.

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Sorry I appear to have gone off topic abit, but its impossible for us to get to the truth in Iraq.

Politically I don't think anyone could argue with that, but as you say that was off topic.
    Does the truth of statistics, politics, religion, or social situation have any barring on the question at hand? Is there a gray area to Terrorism? Can there be Mitigating circumstances to terrorism?

Discuss:
    Last edited by singern; 02-11-2005 at 10:36 AM.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    They are terrorists without question. This is clear any time civilians are the sole target of attacks. However, over 60% of the Iraqi people risked their lives a few weeks ago to vote in a democratic system of government. The insurgency will be completely eliminated over the next 12 to 18 months as the majority of those responsible for Iraqi security will be Iraqi soldiers and police.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Yes they are terrorists, their tactics make them so.

Thread Information