Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Lebanon Puts Army on Alert for Violence

I hope this doesnt start another civil war...

OG

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=500595

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    I hope this doesnt start another civil war...

OG

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=500595
    I found this article from the Associated Press.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ebanon_bombing

Condemnation and expressions of shock came from around the Arab world and beyond. Lebanon's opposition accused Syria, the main power broker in this country, and its allied Lebanese government of being behind the assassination and demanded the Syrian army withdraw from Lebanon. Syria condemned the killing and dismissed the claims.

The United States called the attack "a terrible reminder" that Lebanon still must shake free of occupation by Syria — the neighbor that keeps 15,000 troops here and influences virtually all key political decisions.

President Jacques Chirac of France, a friend of Hariri, demanded an international investigation, saying Hariri represented "the indefatigable will of independence, freedom and democracy" for Lebanon.

Also in France, Lebanon's most prominent exile, former army commander Gen. Michel Aoun, said Tuesday that he suspects Syria was behind the assassination.

The Syrians "totally control the country," Aoun said on France-Info radio. "Nothing moves without it being controlled by the Syrians."

There have been no credible claims of responsibility. A previously unknown group, Support and Jihad in Syria and Lebanon, claimed in a video broadcast on Al-Jazeera television that it had carried out the bombing, saying it was a suicide operation.

Security officials have not said the blast was the work of a suicide bomber. Late Monday, police raided the west Beirut home of Ahmed Abu Adas, the Palestinian who allegedly appeared in the video. He had fled, but police confiscated computers, tapes and documents, the Interior Ministry said.

One statement posted on an Islamic Web site claimed responsibility for the bombing, but another Web statement denied that Islamic militants were involved.

Justice Minister Adnan Addoum said responsibility claims could be an attempt "to mislead the investigation."

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya it doesnt look good over there.

OG

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Gotta love them Syrian's...

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Why would Syrians do such a thing? If Hariri would have been killed, Syria would have known they would be the number 1 nation or group to be blamed. And Hariri was well loved in Lebanon, Syria would have to be suicidal to do this.

The opposition is blaming Syria how suprising.

This is all a setup.

singern is offline Banned
    This is no setup, this fits the Syrian profile to a tee. They have and do support terror groups without regard for the international community. The Lebanese people and government know very well this was Syrian or Hizbala.
    Even fits that they would attempt to implicate Israel, which is the accepted practice when trying to cover up Arab scandal.

Everything I've read and heard points to Syrian backed methods to silence the opposition, and quell any thoughts of a Syrian pullout and Hizbala disarming.

The Lebanese people seem to believe that the Syrian’s were responsible.

Mob Blames Syria for Hariri Assassination
    By SAM F. GHATTAS, Associated Press Writer
    BEIRUT, Lebanon - An angry mob attacked Syrian workers in southern Lebanon Tuesday and another group threw stones and set fires outside a Syrian government office in Beirut, blaming Damascus for the bomb that killed former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

Militia is offline Banned
    no there will be no civil war because the only militia that have weapons is hezbollah and hezbollah only use their missiles and guns against israel ,unless the lebanese army is divided there will be no civil war i hope so because if a civil war happen israel will benefit the most and they will invade lebanon another time.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Lebanese doesnt like Syrians, and syrians doesnt like Lebanese but both doesnt like Israeli but fair enough the Israelies doesnt like them either.

As I know the Syrians, they are not the brightest in the sack, nope I know what im talking about my best friend is one

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Militia
    no there will be no civil war because the only militia that have weapons is hezbollah and hezbollah only use their missiles and guns against israel ,unless the lebanese army is divided there will be no civil war i hope so because if a civil war happen israel will benefit the most and they will invade lebanon another time.

The Leb army, now there's a joke!.

Israel and America should arm a strong Christian Lebanese army to revolt against Syrian rule in their country. It'll mean another civil war of course, but hopefully this time the Christians would have a stronger Multi-National Force to protect them. Syrian and Iranian influence in Lebanese affairs is holding a great country from being what it once was, it was once the Jewel of the Middle East.

Will Power is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    The Leb army, now there's a joke!.

Israel and America should arm a strong Christian Lebanese army to revolt against Syrian rule in their country. It'll mean another civil war of course, but hopefully this time the Christians would have a stronger Multi-National Force to protect them. Syrian and Iranian influence in Lebanese affairs is holding a great country from being what it once was, it was once the Jewel of the Middle East.

I wouldn't go that far. I don't want to see war, but a new government, one that is not directed and manipulated by a terror supporting regime.
    the assassination yesterday will make the upcoming elections difficult now that they have taken out the strongest candidate who could upset there plans for continued conflict.

The United States called the attack "a terrible reminder" that Lebanon must still shake free of Syrian occupation. Syria keeps 15,000 troops here and influences virtually all key political decisions.

BEIRUT, Lebanon — An angry mob attacked Syrian workers in southern Lebanon Tuesday, blaming Damascus for the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri
    On Monday night, a mob attacked the offices of the Lebanese chapter of Syria's ruling Baath Party
    Hariri's political allies are openly accusing Syria and its Lebanese government allies for the bombing, and Hariri's family on Tuesday also hinted at their possible role. Condemnation and expressions of shock came from around the Arab world and beyond, Before his assassination, Hariri had positioned himself in opposition to a faction more solidly backed by Syria.

We will see where this leads......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    The Lebanese people seem to believe that the Syrian’s were responsible.
    Lebanese people? It was a bunch of emotional hooligans.

There are Americans that belive Bush was behind 9/11, that doesnt mean all Americans belive that.

Israel and America should arm a strong Christian Lebanese army to revolt against Syrian rule in their country. It'll mean another civil war of course, but hopefully this time the Christians would have a stronger Multi-National Force to protect them.
    There you go, that is what it boils down to. And you wanted us to think, US peacekeepers was in Beirut to protect Muslims? When the United States a Christian nation sends soldiers in a civil war that put Muslims against Christians, do you want Hizbollah and other Muslim militias to think it was for peace?

This is the mentality of others, Muslims won that battle against the Christian Lebanese thanks to Syria and other Militias including Hizbollah and Amal (I hate Amal).

Others want a civil war in Lebanon, they want chaos and destruction. BOUNCER is praying for another civil war in Lebanon, so that Christians can get back in control.

That is their plan, they hope to divide and conquer, and then divide again and conquer again. Hopefully the Lebanese people see past it.

yea the hate of bouncer toward hezbollah is making him illogical thats why he said that, it dont matter to him if many civilians dies in the civil as long as israel is happy,are u realy a UN soldier ? or u get paid from the mosad ?

yea the hate of bouncer toward hezbollah is making him illogical thats why he said that, it dont matter to him if many civilians dies in the civil as long as israel is happy,are u realy a UN soldier ? or u get paid from the mosad ?

Please, you guys are pathetic at best.
    You refuse to accept the voice of the Lebanese people, Interviews with Lebanese politicians, reports of civil unrest, and conflict between Lebanese and Syrian army. Claims by his family and associates of the Syrian roll in the assassination, News reports from all over the mid-east including Arab news media.
    The only story you stick to is the one shoved down your throats by Nasrala, and his vampiric terror league. The only ones who benefit from this are the terrorists.

HOW do you know Bouncer is a mossad agent?
    Sheez well he was discovered do you know his call sign?

Bouncergoldstein

okay im bored

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    HOW do you know Bouncer is a mossad agent?
    Sheez well he was discovered do you know his call sign?

Bouncergoldstein

okay im bored
    Perhaps it was a group of Steroid driven, Body buildin, super men from the Mosad who went to Lebanon to cause a civil war. and shove Winny up there asses.

Yeah thats the ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    Perhaps it was a group of Steroid driven, Body buildin, super men from the Mosad who went to Lebanon to cause a civil war. and shove Winny up there asses.

Yeah thats the ticket....

more likely to be iranian test

more likely to be iranian test
    Yeah, easyer to get in the contry, can you drink Iranian test???

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    Yeah, easyer to get in the contry, can you drink Iranian test???

NOOOOOOOOO, its contains alcohol! its against the sharia to drink testosterone !
    maybe if its water based then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Lebanese people? It was a bunch of emotional hooligans.

There are Americans that belive Bush was behind 9/11, that doesnt mean all Americans belive that.
    Militia attempts to describe all of the Lebanese people as loving the Syrian occupation and Hezbollah, I was just pointing out that there are lots of Lebanese people who don't share his love for Syria.

from what I know Lebanese hates Syrians and vice versa

sheez there more Lebanese here than in ****ing Lebanon, hmmmm I want a shawarma!!!!!!!!!!!

from what I know Lebanese hates Syrians and vice versa

sheez there more Lebanese here than in ****ing Lebanon, hmmmm I want a shawarma!!!!!!!!!!!
    shawarama is the most fatening food after pizza,i am an ectomorph and last year because i ate too mush shawaram like everyday i gain 3 cm on my waist in just 1 and half month.

shawarama is the most fatening food after pizza,i am an ectomorph and last year because i ate too mush shawaram like everyday i gain 3 cm on my waist in just 1 and half month.

dude, that tiny lebanese restaurant around the corner, well the owner looks like Mikael Gorbachev but sull his shawarma KICK ASS, he does it with a tomatoes sauce and spiced sauce, superb!!!!

Im tired of Shisk Taouk tho

dude, that tiny lebanese restaurant around the corner, well the owner looks like Mikael Gorbachev but sull his shawarma KICK ASS, he does it with a tomatoes sauce and spiced sauce, superb!!!!

Im tired of Shisk Taouk tho
    shish taouk is healthy its chicken breast with hot sauce ,garlic,mushrooms and tomatoe sauce u can still eat if u r dieting, the shwarma is more tasty of course but its filled with animal fat ,try the fish shawaram with tartar sauce its very tasty,and if the owner of the shope look like mikael gorbachev maybe he is armenian-lebanese .

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    3V, Militia isn't in Lebanon!, he's either Turkish or North African!.

C. I didn't say US troops should go in on the ground in Lebanon again, not after Ragan bottled it the last time. The should arm a strong Christian army thats all, after all Russian, China, Syria and Iran will (and do) arm a Muslim one.

And I don't believe I ever said I hated the Hezbollah, I hate their actions outside of purely military targets in Lebanon, as I do the I.R.A. attacking English targets on the British mainland. I think C will agree that I've always said I backed freedom fighters the world over. I always back military action against an invading army.

Maybe he's Usama chatting from the basements of the White House

look this is realy gone to far,i dont like to escape from problems so i will challenge u now , give me your number and i will call u from her and u will see the lebanese code wich id +00972

Maybe he's Usama chatting from the basements of the White House
    so u beleive like me that ossama is already in the white house.

look this is realy gone to far,i dont like to escape from problems so i will challenge u now , give me your number and i will call u from her and u will see the lebanese code wich id +00972
    I belive your in Lebanon, and BOUNCER wont accept that challenge, cause he knows your in Lebanon.

singern is offline Banned

So much for the Denial factor

I am curious how our local terrorist Milita is going to spin this one.

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Hundreds of thousands of screaming mourners chanted "Syria out" as they mobbed the flag-draped coffin of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri (search) at his burial Wednesday, two days after a huge bomb killed the man credited with rebuilding post-civil war Lebanon. Syrian involvement in Hariri's assassination charged the atmosphere, with his family and supporters warning officials of the pro-Syrian Lebanese government to stay away.

This is no minority, this is no freak display of emotion.
    What this is, is Lebanese people speaking in one voice, Syria must go, Hezbala must go. and In the name of peace I hope there prayers are answered.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    I am curious how our local terrorist Milita is going to spin this one.

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Hundreds of thousands of screaming mourners chanted "Syria out" as they mobbed the flag-draped coffin of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri (search) at his burial Wednesday, two days after a huge bomb killed the man credited with rebuilding post-civil war Lebanon. Syrian involvement in Hariri's assassination charged the atmosphere, with his family and supporters warning officials of the pro-Syrian Lebanese government to stay away.

This is no minority, this is no freak display of emotion.
    What this is, is Lebanese people speaking in one voice, Syria must go, Hezbala must go. and In the name of peace I hope there prayers are answered.
    There are also hundreds of thosands of protestors in the US against George Bush. There are also thousands of Israelies chanting against Sharon and calling for his killing. Does it prove anything?

And asking Syria to go, has NOTHING to do with Hizbollah. Hizbollah is a Lebanese group. Show me one protest in Lebanon against Hizbollah. Its only against Syria.

singern i didnt deny that there is a minority in lebanon that wants syria out,did i deny it?but plz give me a break hezbollah is backed up by all the lebanese ppl christians and muslims,from 1982 til now no one made a demonstration against hezbollah,u dont get it do u: HEZBOLLAH IS A LEGAL PARTY IN LEBANON !!! THAT HAVE A BIG POPULARITY BASE AND EVERYONE RESPECT THIS PARTY!!!!! man but i have to confess that the ppl who brainwashed you have exellent skills.

I want to throw up when I see US officials jumping for joy blaming Syria. Plus the took out an ambassador from Syria, without evidence.

singern i didnt deny that there is a minority in lebanon that wants syria out,
    150,000 sounds like a lot of people. From what I was able to find the population of Lebanon is 3,677,780, in 2002. So 150,000 would be roughly 4% of the population. But when you consider that the population of Beirut is around 1,200,000 and 150,000 people would be roughly 13% and that only represents those people in the population that are willing to risk their lives to protest and speak out about the Syrian occupation. So it is hard to tell exactly what percentage of the population is against the Syrian occupation.

Lebanese Vent Wrath on Syria at Hariri's Funeral
    By Tom Perry and Lucy Fielder BEIRUT (Reuters) –

At least 150,000 Lebanese turned the funeral of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri on Wednesday into an outpouring of public anger against Syria, blamed by opposition leaders for the bomb that killed him.

Men wept uncontrollably as the procession wound through Beirut streets plastered with posters of the Sunni Muslim billionaire slain in a suspected suicide car bombing on Monday.
    "Syria out, Syria out," the mourners shouted as people threw rice from balconies onto an ambulance carrying the body of a man who had joined calls for Syrian troops to leave Lebanon.
    A U.S. envoy in Beirut for the funeral said Syria must take Hariri's death as a cue to end a military presence maintained since a 1976 civil war intervention and stop political meddling.

Not all of those 150,000 were speaking out against Syria, maybe a few hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Not all of those 150,000 were speaking out against Syria, maybe a few hundred.
    Where did you pull that number from?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Where did you pull that number from?
    Where did you pull that number that all 150,000 were against Syrian occupation?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information