Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401

    Iran threatens to shoot down drones...

    i guess they have a right to shoot it down since it is a military aircraft that is invading their airspace. but what would be our next move if they did? could this actually lead to another war and most certainley a draft?

  2. #2
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    That is what we are wanting them to do. We are testing their air defenses

    On a side note did you watch the news this morning?

    Iran claims an unidentified aircraft shot a missile in the area of one of their nuke facilities but it hit no mans land with a loud explosion.

    Syria and Iran are doing an alliance of sorts...

  3. #3
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I say let'em have at it. The sooner the world comes to an end the better.

  4. #4
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    can you blame them tho is what my question was. lets take Bush out of the equation and forget about why we attacked iraq for a second i dont want to open that argument. Iran must be scared ****less and they have to be preparing for war if drones continue to fly over iran. i mean lets face it those drones are used for one thing...... recon for possible targets.....

  5. #5
    singern's Avatar
    singern is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago/Israel
    Posts
    2,239
    There was no missile, no drone.
    The Iranian government has issued a statement that the incident was a fuel tank falling off a domestic Iranian flight.

    On the brighter side, Iran is running in circles trying to save itself from the inevitable change of democracy, and freedom. Its people want it, its politicians demand it. But you know the old saying "you cant teach the Ayatollah new tricks"

  6. #6
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    No I don't blame them, but I do blame them for taking their stance on nukes, they are a very unstable nation that supports terrorism.

  7. #7
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399
    well any country would shoot down drones if they would spy their country, so why not the Iran?!

  8. #8
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    No I don't blame them, but I do blame them for taking their stance on nukes, they are a very unstable nation that supports terrorism.
    iran has been fairl cooperative. every sp often you hear that terror arrests were made by the iranian govt. why is israel the only one "allowed" to have nukes in the middle east?

  9. #9
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Because we said so And stop your crying.........I'll give you something to cry about! Come here you little sh*t!!

  10. #10
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    iran has been fairl cooperative. every sp often you hear that terror arrests were made by the iranian govt. why is israel the only one "allowed" to have nukes in the middle east?

    Do you want Iran to have nukes? Are Israel and her nukes a threat to us? Iran is a country run by clerics AKA religious fanatics similar to the nuts that flew planes into our buildings and killed 3,000 of our people. I'm all about leaving Iran alone for now and taking a wait and see attitude due to the huge cost of another war but lets not turn a blind eye to the threat.

  11. #11
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    hahaha little sh*t? we are on a juice forum remember lol?

  12. #12
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Do you want Iran to have nukes? Are Israel and her nukes a threat to us? Iran is a country run by clerics AKA religious fanatics similar to the nuts that flew planes into our buildings and killed 3,000 of our people. I'm all about leaving Iran alone for now and taking a wait and see attitude due to the huge cost of another war but lets not turn a blind eye to the threat.
    ya see the thing is i think a lot of people are misinformed about the threat of nukes. they have absolutely no way of getting here!!! They need NASA technology or something to that affect in order to get us. Even the USSR in the height of their power had minimal means of hitting us with nukes (we learned this in declassified russian documents). Thats why they sought Cuba as a means to launch from. Nukes are easy the delivery system is the holdup.

  13. #13
    kis55's Avatar
    kis55 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    iran has been fairl cooperative. every sp often you hear that terror arrests were made by the iranian govt. why is israel the only one "allowed" to have nukes in the middle east?
    Mainly because their country is the only one under constant and continual threat of anhilation from all the "peaceful" muslim countries in the region. In short, they're the only country that needs them. Iran boasts proudly of their goal to eliminate the jewish state, thats what they want the nukes for. Oh wait, Iran says they don't want nukes..*lol*

    Stop the moral equivalency, Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism, they boast about this proudly. Israel is a democracy. The only arabs in the middle east that enjoy true freedom...live in...Israel!!

  14. #14
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    America is working with Israel and is sending unmanned drones into Iran to test Irans air defenses. This is just to trick Iran into turning on its air defenses, so America would know where the air defenses are located and it would be easy for them during a war.

    Iran is playing it smart, and not turning on its air defenses and radar points. That is only necessary when a war comes.

  15. #15
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Do you want Iran to have nukes? Are Israel and her nukes a threat to us? Iran is a country run by clerics AKA religious fanatics similar to the nuts that flew planes into our buildings and killed 3,000 of our people. I'm all about leaving Iran alone for now and taking a wait and see attitude due to the huge cost of another war but lets not turn a blind eye to the threat.
    Clerics does not always equal extremists. Sistani in Iraq is a cleric and he supported the US occupation and he will basically run the new Iraqi government.

  16. #16
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    America is working with Israel and is sending unmanned drones into Iran to test Irans air defenses. This is just to trick Iran into turning on its air defenses, so America would know where the air defenses are located and it would be easy for them during a war.

    Iran is playing it smart, and not turning on its air defenses and radar points. That is only necessary when a war comes.

    so currently iran has no air defense is what you are saying? umm radar needs to be on to work buddy.

  17. #17
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    so currently iran has no air defense is what you are saying? umm radar needs to be on to work buddy.
    Iran does have air defenses, but it does not turn it on, because that is the only way the US can locate the defenses. So it leaves it turned off on purpose, so the US or Israel cant locate it. It will be turned on if necessary.

  18. #18
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    umm that doesnt make sense!!! it will be too late to turn on their systems after the US or any invading nation has already started to attack them. use common sense.

    and its not the only way the US can locate them im sure that spy satellites, and spy planes will be able to see a radar tower and a few bunkers.

  19. #19
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    umm that doesnt make sense!!! it will be too late to turn on their systems after the US or any invading nation has already started to attack them. use common sense.

    and its not the only way the US can locate them im sure that spy satellites, and spy planes will be able to see a radar tower and a few bunkers.

    "It was clear to our air force that the entire intention here was to get us to turn on our radar," the official said.

    That tactic, designed to contribute information to what the military calls an "enemy order of battle," was used by the U.S. military in the Korean and Vietnam wars, against the Soviets and the Chinese, and in both Iraq wars.

    "By coaxing the Iranians to turn on their radar, we can learn all about their defense systems, including the frequencies they are operating on, the range of their radar and, of course, where their weaknesses lie," said Thomas Keaney, a retired U.S. Air Force colonel and executive director of the Foreign Policy Institute at Johns Hopkins University.

    But it did not work. "The United States must have forgotten that they trained half our guys," the Iranian official said. After a briefing by their air force three weeks ago, Iran's national security officials ordered their forces not to turn on the radar or come into contact with the drones in any way.


    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Feb12.html
    Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 02-16-2005 at 01:58 PM.

  20. #20
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    Iran must be scared ****less ..
    I doubt it

    And if your country goes to war with Iran you'd better get ready for the draft, or get Israel on the ground with you and get WWIII out of the way.

    You won't have British forces, because like America the pro-longed war in Iraq and defence cut backs since the end of the cold war have left them over stretched already.

    Attack Iraq or North Korea at your peril. Syria might be a softer target, but like Iran be prepared for the draft.

  21. #21
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    ya see the thing is i think a lot of people are misinformed about the threat of nukes. they have absolutely no way of getting here!!! They need NASA technology or something to that affect in order to get us. Even the USSR in the height of their power had minimal means of hitting us with nukes (we learned this in declassified russian documents). Thats why they sought Cuba as a means to launch from. Nukes are easy the delivery system is the holdup.
    The USSR was landing probes on Venus during the height of their power(early 70's). The rocket technology that the Russians inherited from the USSR is in many ways superior to our own of today.

    To get back on your original question..If we go to war with Iran the draft will have to be called up...So lets hope that doesn't happen

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •