Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member

You want a thought puzzle....

I like stuff like this so Ill post a few here and answers later, to get us away from the normal religious/govt debates..

You are in a room with no windows. Theres a door on one side. You can not see under the door or hear anything thru the door. THere are 3 light switches next to the door. In the room thru the door are 3 lights. Each switch goes to just one light. All lights in the other room are off. To "escape with your life" or whatever (), you must turn the switches on or off, open the door, and tell what light switches go with what light. Once you open the door and see the lights, you can not touch the switches.

(if you already know this, dont give the answer right away so others can try)

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member

most people dont get these because they think too much. Try to imangine yourself in that position and what youd do.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I like stuff like this so Ill post a few here and answers later, to get us away from the normal religious/govt debates..

You are in a room with no windows. Theres a door on one side. You can not see under the door or hear anything thru the door. THere are 3 light switches next to the door. In the room thru the door are 3 lights. Each switch goes to just one light. All lights in the other room are off. To "escape with your life" or whatever (), you must turn the switches on or off, open the door, and tell what light switches go with what light. Once you open the door and see the lights, you can not touch the switches.

(if you already know this, dont give the answer right away so others can try)

Can I only open the door once and after I have opened the door I can never again touch the switches?

Think I got it, sent you a pm so I dont spoil it for other people.

Correct..you do whatever you want to the switches while the door has not been open. Once you open the door, you cant touch the switches.

you are close Giant Killer...but the answer is a specific answer...

ok i'll keep guessing for a bit, lol.

answer below..

Turn on one of the light switches for like 5 mins. Then turn it off. Turn on one switch and go into the room. The really hot light goes with the switch that was turned on for 5 mins. The light that is on is the switch that you flipped and the one that is off is the switch you didnt touch.

AVAGO is offline Member
    You are in a room with no windows. Theres a door on one side. You can not see under the door or hear anything thru the door. THere are 3 light switches next to the door. In the room thru the door are 3 lights. Each switch goes to just one light. All lights in the other room are off. To "escape with your life" or whatever (), you must turn the switches on or off, open the door, and tell what light switches go with what light. Once you open the door and see the lights, you can not touch the switches

surely ya just flip all the switches if you know that all the lights are off. To turn the lights on, all the switches need to be opposite .....

AVAGO is offline Member
    ya know what i just read it again and im ignoring my last post lol. I read it wrong. I get ya now (bit late)

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Turn on one of the light switches for like 5 mins. Then turn it off. Turn on one switch and go into the room. The really hot light goes with the switch that was turned on for 5 mins. The light that is on is the switch that you flipped and the one that is off is the switch you didnt touch.
    **** now I feel stupid

i almost had it

Thread Information