Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

All religions same god?

Just a thought I just came upp with. Maby there is a god and all religions worship the same god. Maby he modified the message to fit into every culture and the modifications is the different religions. Because all religions basicly teach tollerance and love. Maby god just wanted to teach the entire world about love but he realised that one religion wouldnt fit into all cultures.

Then the question follows why all religions claim they are the only right one. I would consider the possibility that its a human idea to claim that Maby god never said to any religions leader that this way is the only way. But the leaders claimed so to get more power.

Like I said just a idea I was contemplating today considering how alike most religions are if you scratch a bit on the surface. The violence is just a result of idiots that interpret (sp?) the religion in perverted ways.

Also a question to all very religious members here.
    How can you support violence or war in any shape or form?
    How come that the most religious people seems to be the biggest war mongers?
    Not pointing the finger on any specific religion cause I see the same behavior on all sides in this forum(or well atleast when it comes to jews, christians and muslims).

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Johan, yes it is the same God. Please tell me what religious group has not engaged in wars?

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Johan, yes it is the same God. Please tell me what religious group has not engaged in wars?
    My point is WHY does religious people engage in war when the religious scriptures is against it?? The more religious a people is the less violent they should be, but it seems like it is the opposit.

also I meant that maby its the same god behind christianity as hinudism and all other kinds of major deism. Not just the big 3(jews, christians, muslims).

Imagine this

god is looking down upon the earth and notice all the different cultures. he figures that "**** I cant push this jesus(buddha ect insert any name here) thing down everyones throates so I better figure out some clever twists" and then he creates all the big religions and influence the people in different cultures with different religious views.

BUT the main message of each religions is still tolerance, peace and love. The rest is just "crap" to make it blend into that culture better. But humans put to much emphasis on the "crap" part of the religion and to little emphasis on the REAL message(peace, love, tolerance) and that is the cause of all the violence.

That was what I was trying to explain with my first post

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    this isnt really a debatable topic. just what we think. to me, if that is how it was, God would be lieing to everyone on earth. I dont think God lies.

what about the violence issue then. How come religious people are more prone to warmongering then atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I don't think the Buddhists have invaded too many countries....

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I don't think the Buddhists have invaded too many countries....
    Japan? ww2? Wherent they mostly zen buddhists? Might not be true, I have just heard that somewhere.

I believe they worshipped their Emperor, didn't they? As the incarnation of the God of Wind? I don't think that Japan is primarily Buddhist, though I could be wrong...

In any case, I'm thinking of the Tibetan Monk Buddhists, the Dali Lama and those dudes wearing Orange....

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I believe they worshipped their Emperor, didn't they? As the incarnation of the God of Wind? I don't think that Japan is primarily Buddhist, though I could be wrong...

In any case, I'm thinking of the Tibetan Monk Buddhists, the Dali Lama and those dudes wearing Orange....
    Il have to look into it

Good point about tibet. I could never imagine Dalai Lama encouraging a war of any kind anywhere.

zOaib is offline VET
    religion = Luv

Man + greed = WAR !

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Well I am going to have to disagree here because why would God want any kind of misrepresentation towards himself whatsoever!!!

Then people would not even get a chance to "know" the real him. I believe God above all wants a personal relationship with everyone and why would he decive people to worship falsehoods? thus never getting a chance to even know the real him.

You have to see that religion is primarily man made God approves of the right one because it helps teach more about him But everything that turns out to be false God very very much dissaproves of.

The main reason we have many different religions is satans number 1 biggest weapon...
    confusion!!!

He knows he has a limited time and is trying to get as many to turn their back on God as possible. By confusing the worlds religions he was very crafty and has put doubt in many many minds of people questioning wether there is a God.

A true patron of God stays nuetral to all things political because it is not Gods government it is mans and in essence in a small way your giving your allegience to a person or symbol(country)unfit instead of God.

As well a true patron should not have any decision to anything that takes place in the wicked world it is only for God to act not take into our own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Well I am going to have to disagree here because why would God want any kind of misrepresentation towards himself whatsoever!!!
    There wouldnt be any misrepresentation from his side. Just from the people that write the religious books. He would share the same message of peace and love to everyone and the cultures would add the "flavors" themself just because they intrepet things differently because of the place they grew up in.

You have to see that religion is primarily man made God approves of the right one because it helps teach more about him But everything that turns out to be false God very very much dissaproves of.

The main reason we have many different religions is satans number 1 biggest weapon...
    confusion!!!
    Why would a loving god dissaprove of religions that has love, peace and tollerance as its foundation?

Why would the devil be part of creating religions that teaches love and peace

if god is omnipotent and all those things religions claimes, isnt he then everything that every religion preaches? isnt he everything and anything . Every religion is just a different view of the same entity.

As well a true patron should not have any decision to anything that takes place in the wicked world it is only for God to act not take into our own hands.
    Doesnt that mean the true patron would have to live like a hermit deep inside a wood sheltered from the outside world. Cause otherwise everything he does will have effect on what takes place in the wicked world.

Shouldnt the true patron make sure that he doesnt everything in his power to spread love and hapiness to fellow man in a effort to make the world less wicked

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Why would a loving god dissaprove of religions that has love, peace and tollerance as its foundation?

if god is omnipotent and all those things religions claimes, isnt he then everything that every religion preaches? isnt he everything and anything . Every religion is just a different view of the same entity.

A Loving God disaaproves of loving religions not for the sake of just having good moralities but what it reflects towards him.God loves the individual but not the message that particular religion is sending out about him. A religion can offer peace and have good moralities but if they are leading followers to belive something about the almighty God that is untrue or not the full truth he would dissaprove.

The Devils biggest weapon against God is misdirection it may have evolved into a better religion over time but when you look at the vast majority of their teachings they have basis in ancient pegan rituals. Look at any holiday for instance all based on peganism. The devil has people so misdirected to belive they are in a loving religion and so blinded to the fact that they are in fact sinning against God thinking they are doing the right thing. Normal people have good morals and wont willfully try to sin against God and satan knows this so why not trick them into sinning by following false doctrines and have them thinking they are doing the right thing.

God is omnipotant but doctrines vary greatly from one religion to the next and im sure God doesnt want people following ones teaching falsehoods about him and his purpose.

Doesnt that mean the true patron would have to live like a hermit deep inside a wood sheltered from the outside world. Cause otherwise everything he does will have effect on what takes place in the wicked world.

Shouldnt the true patron make sure that he doesnt everything in his power to spread love and hapiness to fellow man in a effort to make the world less wicked

no a true patron just would give his allegeince to another person or a country and would take no part in any of the worlds politics and would refrain from rituals that have peagan backrounds.

christmas has pagan backgrounds. Is all christians comiting a sin when celebrating christmas?

Christianity has as much basis in acient pagan rituals as any other religion.

what religion do you belong to btw?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Monks .................sure, there is a group of people that live in a school bus that worship feces, I don't think they have either.

christian but I do not celebrate any holidays due to all of them haveing peagan backrounds.

Christmas is not worshiping the son of God but is in fact worhiping the star SUN it has ties back to the wicken religion.

In Gods eyes yes I think he considers it a sin for all to celebrate Christmas considering many think they are celebrating the birth of Christ(which he wasnt even born in the winter) and in actuallity they are worshiping a peagan SUN GOD not his son.

books555 is offline Senior Member
    what about the violence issue then. How come religious people are more prone to warmongering then atheists.

Atheism has killed more people than all other religions combined.

God cannot have contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by books555
    Atheism has killed more people than all other religions combined.
    give some examples of that. Off my mind I can think of Stalins soviet that killed a ****load of people and maby Hitlers germany(but wasnt he a christian?).

But think of the crusades and all other religious war through all times. I think its safe to say that religion has killed a ****load more people then atheism.

But answere me this question, right now what countries are the most aggresive ones. The countries dominated by atheism(or general lack of interest for religion). Or the strongly religious countries(usa, middle east)

Quote Originally Posted by books555
    God cannot have contradictions.

What in what I have said would be a contradiciton? If the original message is keept in all big religions and the details is created by man(details like ""insert any religion" is the only right path ect)then what contradictions are there in gods actions? If he sent the message of love and peace over the world, maby he/she/it enlightened some people that where to become prophets.
    But each prophet interpeted it in different ways based on what culture he/she was a part of and thats why the religions became different even though they have the same foundation of love and peace.
    Im not saying I belive this. But think about it. Why would god only want to "save" a small part of the world. Why would he choose a very little part of the planets population to teach. Why would he favor a small group of people if he truly is a loving god.

give some examples of that. Off my mind I can think of Stalins soviet that killed a ****load of people and maby Hitlers germany(but wasnt he a christian?).

But think of the crusades and all other religious war through all times. I think its safe to say that religion has killed a ****load more people then atheism.

But answere me this question, right now what countries are the most aggresive ones. The countries dominated by atheism(or general lack of interest for religion). Or the strongly religious countries(usa, middle east)

Its true that stalin was ounce a seminary student. He gave his faith up.

I cant think off the top of my head how many millions parished at the hand of the Nazi's. Ill see if i can find the number.

theres really only one "religion" that you hear about warmongering.

zOaib is offline VET

Then people would not even get a chance to "know" the real him. I believe God above all wants a personal relationship with everyone and why would he decive people to worship falsehoods? thus never getting a chance to even know the real him.

confusion!!!

He knows he has a limited time and is trying to get as many to turn their back on God as possible. By confusing the worlds religions he was very crafty and has put doubt in many many minds of people questioning wether there is a God.
    bryan i have even more respect for u now , u hit it on the bullseye !

This is really a reply to like 3 of your posts... Im not talking about other religions...This is straight from me as a christian. The foundation of Christianity isnt love, peace, and tollerance. Those are all a large part of the religion, but the foundation of christianity is God. Christianity is all about knowing God on a personal level. That is why I dont agree with your thread starter. Loving, being peaceful and tolerant are all actions that we do. It is clear in the bible that you do not please God thru your actions.

christmas has pagan backgrounds. Is all christians comiting a sin when celebrating christmas?

Christianity has as much basis in acient pagan rituals as any other religion.

what religion do you belong to btw?

Was christmas a pagan holiday. depends. After the Roman emperor Constantine converted to Christianity in 312, he sought to combine the worship of the sun god with worship of christ. Christian leaders accepted Constantine's conversion in a positive light and saw the "Christ-mass" celebration as a vital part of the process of converting the pagan world to christianity. I see nothing wrong with this. I dont see it as originating from a pagan holiday just because its on the same day, its serving a new purpose, to celebrate Jesus' birth (true, december 25 is NOT the day Jesus was born, but the day we celebrate). Just as early EARLY on, pagan temples were converted to christian churches. Does that mean that christians should not worship in those churches because they were originally built to worship another god? I dont think so because the purpose is changed. The building itself really doesnt mean anything. Its the reason you are there that matters. Just as the day Dec 25th really doesnt mean anything, its the reason you are celebrating that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    This is really a reply to like 3 of your posts... Im not talking about other religions...This is straight from me as a christian. The foundation of Christianity isnt love, peace, and tollerance. Those are all a large part of the religion, but the foundation of christianity is God. Christianity is all about knowing God on a personal level. That is why I dont agree with your thread starter. Loving, being peaceful and tolerant are all actions that we do. It is clear in the bible that you do not please God thru your actions.
    Ok I have never read the bible so thanks for clearing that upp. I was just thinking about jesus words lite, love others as you love yourself and to turn the other cheeck ect. Sounds very loving and forgiving.
    I had somehow gotten the picture that the new testament is alot more important then the old one and that jesus words is priority number one even more important then the 10 comandements

christian but I do not celebrate any holidays due to all of them haveing peagan backrounds.

Christmas is not worshiping the son of God but is in fact worhiping the star SUN it has ties back to the wicken religion.

In Gods eyes yes I think he considers it a sin for all to celebrate Christmas considering many think they are celebrating the birth of Christ(which he wasnt even born in the winter) and in actuallity they are worshiping a peagan SUN GOD not his son.
    What are you talking about?? This REALLY surprises me! So you are saying that when I celebrate christmas with JESUS in mind and I celebrate his birth, Im actually worshipping the pagan sun god. That is ludicrous. Thats like me saying "bryan, when you have a birthday party, and you are celebrating your birth, you really arent. You are really celebrating the day the Sept 11 attacks hit...so you're a terrorist."

It has nothing to do with what day it is...it has everything to do with the reason you are celebrating. Im celebrating Jesus' birth. And I will continue to do so and I think the message you sent out is completely wrong.

Ok I have never read the bible so thanks for clearing that upp. I was just thinking about jesus words lite, love others as you love yourself and to turn the other cheeck ect. Sounds very loving and forgiving.
    I had somehow gotten the picture that the new testament is alot more important then the old one and that jesus words is priority number one even more important then the 10 comandements
    Depends on how you look at it. As a christian, the new testament is just as important as the old testament. Jesus did teach to love thy neighbor, honor and cherish and all that. Turn the other cheek. etc. But that does not "get you to heaven". First priority is to believe in God, trust in God, follow His teachings. A by-product of doing these things is your good deeds like loving, turning the other cheek, not stealing, etc. But if you make your good deeds your primary concern, God is not necessarily a "by-product" of that, and that doesnt even sound right when I type it...God as a by-product. God is the main product and thru him, we have our good deed by-products. Jesus' words are not more important than the 10 commandments. How can Jesus' words be more important than Jesus' words..? Since Jesus is God. Now when Jesus came, he created a new covenant with the gentiles. But that does not mean that the old testament and covenant are not important and we can just throw them to the wayside. We still need to follow the 10 commandments. Anyone who says that because God has a new covenant with his people, we can now break the 10 commandments and cheat on our wives and steal and etc etc is way off.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    My point is WHY does religious people engage in war when the religious scriptures is against it?? The more religious a people is the less violent they should be, but it seems like it is the opposit.

also I meant that maby its the same god behind christianity as hinudism and all other kinds of major deism. Not just the big 3(jews, christians, muslims).
    I totaly agree with ya bro. I think that some people use their religion as a scapegoat for war and acts of terror in order to justify their actions. Iam not a religious man by any means but I see where your coming from

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    christmas is pagon . Give me a break weather you do it for your kids or whatever reason......i have yet to see anyone worshiping jesus .

Aside from being pagon its all commercialistic .

To me its very simple . This is how i see it .

God created adam and eve . Satan was the first sinner . He defied god and got other angels to follow him , now refered to as demons . This is a test for the angles as well as man to follow god .

Satan offered 'kingdoms' to jesus to follow him , wich obviously was rejected . This is Satan's system of things , and a test for humans and spirit creatures to follow god . The devil runs this world......but as prophesied , it's temporary . Satan is trying to mis-lead all whom he can . Even looking back in bible times god punished people worshiping false gods . Im not saying anyone who dosnt follow the RIGHT religion is going to be destroyed . God is a loving god......guess we gotta try to do what right , and hope we make it .

We are in the last days now.....as is proven by prophesy .
    Last edited by O.fO.shO; 02-21-2005 at 08:26 AM.

You have yet to see anyone worshipping jesus? On christmas or anytime? You obviously do not go to a church, or a christian church at any rate.

You have yet to see anyone worshipping jesus? On christmas or anytime? You obviously do not go to a church, or a christian church at any rate.
    Just a question not a flame max and this isnt related to the post I quoted.

But how can you as a christian support a war? Do you think if jesus lived right now and was a american that he would support the invasion of iraq or would he condem(sp?) it? Like I said not a flame and not a bash but I dont se how war and christianity(same goes for islam or any big religion realy) can go hand in hand.....

And a question to muslims. In the araba countries how can people become convinced that its gods will to kill inocents(like terrorist attacks)? If they have read the koran themself wouldnt they know that killing is wrong? Im not saying ALL arabs are suicide bombers or anything of the sort. But do you consider the fanatic extrems that target civilians to be true muslims?

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Your right to an extent . But id would have to say that most people goto thier church like once or twice a year , have no clue whats going on , and call themselves christians . People call themselves baptists , catholics ect . And i bet they couldnt explain to me what thier beliefs are . I even know people who go every sunday and cant answer a question .

Now im saying most . I know there are a small % out there that try hard to live thier lives in what they percieve to be 'the right way'.

To johan about taking sides ....

1John 5:19 :
    "The world is lying in the power off the wicked one . We have a wrestling , not agianst blood and flesh , but agianst...the world rulers of this darkness , agianst the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places . "

Eph 6:12 :
    "Expressions inspired by demons.....go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth , to gather them together to the war of the great day of god the almighty . "

Satan rules this world and the governments . Jesus says to stay out of the affairs of the world . That means the USA also .
    Last edited by O.fO.shO; 02-21-2005 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    Your right to an extent . But id would have to say that most people goto thier church like once or twice a year , have no clue whats going on , and call themselves christians . People call themselves baptists , catholics ect . And i bet they couldnt explain to me what thier beliefs are . I even know people who go every sunday and cant answer a question .

Now im saying most . I know there are a small % out there that try hard to live thier lives in what they percieve to be 'the right way'.
    I agree. Some members of my family were like that...go to church for "show and tell" and look like they are christian or whatever. I hate it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information