Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Heres one for the GOD SQUAD

About 6 years ago a good freind of mine was caught up in a house fire whilst he slept. Now, the fire service was called to the scene to find my mate unconscious on the floor and he was dead.

He wasn't revived for at least 3 minutes and died again 4 times that night.

The first thing he said to me when he could speak was that when he was dead there was nothing. Fu*k all, no lights, no tunnel, nothing.

We laugh about this now but my point is this. If when you die you goto a "better" place surely this dude would have had some sort of vision or feeling of being in a beter place.

Discuss please

dam the boards quite this morning

Could make for some interesting conversation, any opinions ?

Im not at all religious in any way what so ever but if sum one cud prove to me that there were life after death and give me concrete evidence of it then i would hold my hands up and accept it, but lets face it, there is more evidence to suggest that nothing exists than to suggest sumthing does

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Im not at all religious in any way what so ever but if sum one cud prove to me that there were life after death and give me concrete evidence of it then i would hold my hands up and accept it, but lets face it, there is more evidence to suggest that nothing exists than to suggest sumthing does
    I agree, I believe that when we die we feel nothing its just the same as sleeping only without dreams.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i never dream anyway maybe i'am already dead

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    i never dream anyway maybe i'am already dead

Angelis is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Killer
    I agree, I believe that when we die we feel nothing its just the same as sleeping only without dreams.
    Exactly we only exist for a brief period of time... before we existed we werent in a better place (ie heaven). Where were we then... Storage

The way I see it... im gonna do everything I can now before I die. Im gonna live everyday to the fullest so I have no regrets when im on my death bed.

When I die im not going to heaven or hell, im going to same place I was before I was born non-existance.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Exactly we only exist for a brief period of time... before we existed we werent in a better place (ie heaven). Where were we then... Storage

The way I see it... im gonna do everything I can now before I die. Im gonna live everyday to the fullest so I have no regrets when im on my death bed.

When I die im not going to heaven or hell, im going to same place I was before I was born non-existance.
    Absolutely excellent question. What do the believers have to say about this ?
    Maybe there is a Walmart halfway between Heaven and Earth and we are purchased from there and installed on Earth for testing.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Let me say this... if there is a god... when I die and I get up there im gonna kick his A$$. No one should go through what we go through during life. If he is so high and mighty let him come down and try out life he might make a few tweeks here and there after he did. No one needs to die he all powerful expand the universe bigger to fit all of us. and if there truly is a god I have to say he f*cking lazy Seven days of work and he thinks he gets the rest of eternity off.

zOaib is offline VET
    if your friend saw nothing just pitch black , he is definately going to HELL in my opinion , although he was given a preview of hell , when the building was burninG aorund him , tell him to get a clue for the LOVE OF GOD !

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Let me say this... if there is a god... when I die and I get up there im gonna kick his A$$. No one should go through what we go through during life. If he is so high and mighty let him come down and try out life he might make a few tweeks here and there after he did. No one needs to die he all powerful expand the universe bigger to fit all of us. and if there truly is a god I have to say he f*cking lazy Seven days of work and he thinks he gets the rest of eternity off.
    WATCH YOUR BACK WHEN U GO OUTSIDE these days ! HE (GOD) is gonna bolt u down with lightining , and dont wear anythign metal it helps !

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    I think i day actually refered to 1000 years in the creating of the earth .

Your friend was right , when you die......you die . You dont go to heaven ...or hell . There is also no burning flame of hell for the evil......

Gen 3:19 - "in the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground , for out of it you were taken , For dust you are and dust you will return."

Eccl 9:5 - The living are conscious that they will die , but as for the dead , they are conscious of nothing at all ."

Eccl 9:10 - "All the your hand finds to do , do with your very power , for there is no work nor devising now knowledge nor wisdom in sheol , the place to wich you are going ."

Ps. 146:4 "His spirit goes out , he goes back to the ground ; in that day his thoughts perish . "

John 11:11 "Lazarus our friend has gone to rest , but i am going there to awaken him from sleep........"

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    About 6 years ago a good freind of mine was caught up in a house fire whilst he slept. Now, the fire service was called to the scene to find my mate unconscious on the floor and he was dead.

The first thing he said to me when he could speak was that when he was dead there was nothing. Fu*k all, no lights, no tunnel, nothing.

We laugh about this now but my point is this. If when you die you goto a "better" place surely this dude would have had some sort of vision or feeling of being in a beter place.

Discuss please
    Well, my thoughts are man can not bring someone back to life. God takes when he decides. If God decides its your time, theres nothing the hospitals can do to save you. Your friend was not dead. It was by our definition he was dead. But obviously, it was just a "play dead" in our eyes because God did not take him.

As far as I understand Christian Mythology, even Christ went to Hell for a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    I think i day actually refered to 1000 years in the creating of the earth .

Your friend was right , when you die......you die . You dont go to heaven ...or hell . There is also no burning flame of hell for the evil......

Gen 3:19 - "in the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground , for out of it you were taken , For dust you are and dust you will return."

Eccl 9:5 - The living are conscious that they will die , but as for the dead , they are conscious of nothing at all ."

Eccl 9:10 - "All the your hand finds to do , do with your very power , for there is no work nor devising now knowledge nor wisdom in sheol , the place to wich you are going ."

Ps. 146:4 "His spirit goes out , he goes back to the ground ; in that day his thoughts perish . "

John 11:11 "Lazarus our friend has gone to rest , but i am going there to awaken him from sleep........"

Weve already gone over most of these...do a search and look at my replies. Ill give one as an example because I have limited computer use today...

Gen 3:19... the key here is what was formed from dust? The body. But you didnt actually start to live till God's breath gave you a soul. So yes, the body does go back to dust. But that doesnt mean that is the end, and you are annihilated...what about the spirit? And then if you look in Rev, it says you are resurrected body and soul...so ok, your body becomes dust, but then later it will be revived. Did you really look at these verses yourself and make sure they said what you wanted or just copy them from some other source without double checking. Not a flame. Just letting you know to check them out first. These are easy ones and to someone who has studied, very easy to point out that you only read the single verse and nothing about the rest so you can see the meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Well, my thoughts are man can not bring someone back to life. God takes when he decides. If God decides its your time, theres nothing the hospitals can do to save you. Your friend was not dead. It was by our definition he was dead. But obviously, it was just a "play dead" in our eyes because God did not take him.
    Thus why show him a glimpse of heaven or hell?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't know, but i drowned once, had to be revived a few minutes later and I never saw anything either. but its inconclusive. god may or may not still exist

Weve already gone over most of these...do a search and look at my replies. Ill give one as an example because I have limited computer use today...

Gen 3:19... the key here is what was formed from dust? The body. But you didnt actually start to live till God's breath gave you a soul. So yes, the body does go back to dust. But that doesnt mean that is the end, and you are annihilated...what about the spirit? And then if you look in Rev, it says you are resurrected body and soul...so ok, your body becomes dust, but then later it will be revived. Did you really look at these verses yourself and make sure they said what you wanted or just copy them from some other source without double checking. Not a flame. Just letting you know to check them out first. These are easy ones and to someone who has studied, very easy to point out that you only read the single verse and nothing about the rest so you can see the meaning.

i knew a couple , and cross referenced a couple more . I have read the bible more than once . And no where does it say in the bible that there is a heavenly hope for all 'good' that die . Nor does it say there is a burning hell where the evil go .

As far as only writing a verse or 2 , Im not going to write down an entire book on here.

Id like to see where you believe that everyone is going to heaven?

All these points have a place in this discussion but consider this. What about people who are brain stem dead and only kept alive by machines ? The dude that said sumit about bin playdead must have sumthin on this. Cos by rights the dude who is brainstem dead has no chance of revival, ever and will die when machines are turned off, but if he is brainstem dead he shud be in heaven or hell already. But he cant be cos he is still been kept alive by machines.

Its a head fu*k this one isnt it

books555 is offline Senior Member

Discuss please

How does he know there was nothing unless he was concious.

he wasnt concious he was fu*king dead

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    he obviously wasnt dead, or they wouldnt have revived him. he may have coded, but that is not dead. dead is when vital AND brain activity stop.

i knew a couple , and cross referenced a couple more . I have read the bible more than once . And no where does it say in the bible that there is a heavenly hope for all 'good' that die . Nor does it say there is a burning hell where the evil go .

As far as only writing a verse or 2 , Im not going to write down an entire book on here.

Id like to see where you believe that everyone is going to heaven?

1. Read revelation. Its a short book. Tell me there is no talk of evil going to the lake of fire.

2. You dont have to write the entire book, but you do have to read at least the chapter to understand a single verse.

3. Everyone? no.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    i've heard the opposite... i've heard a story of a dude that saw rainbow colors and felt "happy and at peace"... i dont know waht to believe to be honest...

AND Eccl 9:6 - Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

The meaning: The living do have an advantage of ther dead. The dead have no further opportunities of securing compensation for their labors and they no longer share in life on this earth.

Meaning: Though much of life is futile, one must grasp its opportunities and use them to the fullest in serving God. There will be no such opportunities in the grave (cross reference: John 9:4). Every man has a particular work, which is accomplished in this life or not at all.

Also Ps. 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, in moral men, who cannot save.

Meaning: Trust in God. He is the only one who can save you. Do not trust in the princes for when they die, their time is up and nothing more can come of them in this world. Goes along with Eccl 9:10 response. But God is everlasting and you can put your trust in him because his plan will not die.

Lazarus had died. Jesus resurrected him. Whats the point here?

A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    Listen here.

Your friend saw/hear nothing because following death there is a 3 day rest period. During this time there is nothing -- not even consciousness of the time. After the 3 days, you will recapulate on your life, starting with the last event first. You're life will "flash before your eyes" and then you will judged based on the universe laws. There is mercy for those who have earned it, and justice for those who have earned it.

If you did not walk the path and participate in the Great Work of refining your consciousness to that part of yourself that goes can exist after physical death (your astral, solar, and casual bodies) then you have only three options of what will happen following your judgement:

1) You may have earned a vacation in Eden where you can learn, and seemingly 'relax' before deciding upon your next incarnation, 2) You are mediately or immediately reincarnated given attributes (gender, qualities, kharma and dharma) which you've earned from your previous incarnations or 3) You will decent where your impurities, kharma and egos will painfully burn leaving you with the pure essence of consciousness once again.

Consciousness is all that you are. If your friend does not stop associating himself with his body, he will lose all consciousness again when he dies. This time for good.

AND Eccl 9:6 - Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

The meaning: The living do have an advantage of ther dead. The dead have no further opportunities of securing compensation for their labors and they no longer share in life on this earth.

Meaning: Though much of life is futile, one must grasp its opportunities and use them to the fullest in serving God. There will be no such opportunities in the grave (cross reference: John 9:4). Every man has a particular work, which is accomplished in this life or not at all.

Also Ps. 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, in moral men, who cannot save.

Meaning: Trust in God. He is the only one who can save you. Do not trust in the princes for when they die, their time is up and nothing more can come of them in this world. Goes along with Eccl 9:10 response. But God is everlasting and you can put your trust in him because his plan will not die.

Lazarus had died. Jesus resurrected him. Whats the point here?
    My point to all these are just as they say , when you die your conciuos of nothing .

If lazarus died.....from your point of view he should have went to heaven.......so your saying he went to heaven.....then jesus brought him back?

You still havent provided a scripture that says the 'good' goto heaven . Yes jesus promised everlasting life.....but does it say in heaven?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    we are already in hell, after our short period in this mortal hell there nothing but eternel darkness of nothing else!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah I wouldn't say we are living in hell per say, but I do think that this is all we get. Once we die, we are gone. Our bodies may decompose and come up as flowers somewhere, in that way we are eternal. in only that way. imho

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    we are already in hell, after our short period in this mortal hell there nothing but eternal darkness of nothing else!
    "we probably in hell already, our dumba$$es not knowin
    everybody kissin ass to go to heaven ain't goin
    id put my soul on it. I'm fightin the devil daily....

...we got people in jerusalem waiting for signs
    god promised she just taking her time haha..." - 2pac
    Last edited by symatech; 03-06-2005 at 03:31 PM.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Yeah I wouldn't say we are living in hell per say, but I do think that this is all we get. Once we die, we are gone. Our bodies may decompose and come up as flowers somewhere, in that way we are eternal. in only that way. imho

"we probably in hell already, our dumba$$es not knowin
    everybody kissin ass to go to heaven ain't goin
    id put my soul on it. I'm fightin the devil daily....

...we got people in jerusalem waiting for signs
    god promised she just taking her time haha..." - 2pac

lucky as I am, if I get back as a flower some ****ing redneck with a trimmer gonna chop me or some gay dude gonna pick me up and give me to his lover!

if I get back as a fly, imagine the **** eh!

A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    This is the Valley of Tears -- though few are suffering "in hell".

I saw a multitude of colors and trails of light...........................

Oh nevermind, I was shroomin........

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    if your friend saw nothing just pitch black , he is definately going to HELL in my opinion , although he was given a preview of hell , when the building was burninG aorund him , tell him to get a clue for the LOVE OF GOD !

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    but lets face it, there is more evidence to suggest that nothing exists than to suggest sumthing does
    Where is the evidence that suggests nothing exists?

I am not trying to make you prove a negative, but you said there is more evidence that says nothing exists? Where is it?

ok BILLYBATHGATE if that is the case what about the dude who says there is a 3 day rest period ? and about the ppl who saw the light? just tripping are they. (dam im arguing against my own argument)

Sapper is offline New Member
    Since our conciousness is basically electricity (that fires the neurons, flips the latches in memory cells, etc), your friend was only mostly dead, which means he was still partly alive. (thanks, Miracle Max). Once you're brain dead, that's it..no reviving, even if you have machines keeping your organs functioning. It takes a good amount of time for the brain to shutdown due to oxygen deprivation.

So you essentially have a null argument, i.e. it doesn't really affect the discussion of heaven or hell. And one helluva lucky friend.

I believe that the whole "life flashing before my eyes" phenomenon is the brain basically dumping all it's stored data as it begins to short out. Perhaps true, final death is like an event horizon, where your last thought basically stretches out to an eternity for you. I dunno, I ain't dead yet.

I guess there's no way to determine an afterlife, because it would only start once the spark of life, i.e. consciousness, fully leaves the body..at which point the person will never be able to relay his/her experience to any living person, because they will never be conscious again. We'll just have to wait until we're dead to find out.

Thread Information