Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Conservative Christians and Islam

Considering Islams support of conservative dress and the treatment of women, one would think right wing Christians would support that kind of Theocratic government and mode of thinking. Why does the religious right align with secular Israel while at the same time rants against the tolerance and secularization of America??
    The Islamic code of conduct with daily prayers, fasting, pigrimages, etc. should be lauded by the conservative Christians in America instead of ridiculed. They do the exact kinds of things encouraged by practically every TV evangelist in America......modesty, intolerance of adultery, gays, etc. public prayer, submission of women to the husband.

I don't want to come across as rude, but you don't seem to understand the lifestyles and beliefs of TRUE, fundamental Christians. For one, husbands and wives are to submit themselves to one another. If you would continue reading, instead of just using what other people have written, you would see that there is much more to it then you just typed. Additionallly, the relationship between a husband and his wife is a type and shadow of our relationship with the Lord and how it will be at the wedding banquet. FWIW

When push comes to shove who has the last say?? The authority figure is the husband. You can try to sugar coat it but Paul was clear on who ruled the roost.
    Modern day preachers are just trying to make the message more palatable for a secular society.

I completely disagree about "modern day preachers." There are some seeker-friendly movements (purpose driven) that may do those sorts of things, but those are not true Christians. You are right, the man is the authoritative figure, no doubt. However, we are called to submit to our wives and love our wives as Christ loves the church. That is some heavy duty love and great humility.

Thank G-d I'm Jewish! You guys confuse me!

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Badgerman]Considering Islams support of conservative dress and the treatment of women, one would think right wing Christians would support that kind of Theocratic government and mode of thinking. Why does the religious right align with secular Israel while at the same time rants against the tolerance and secularization of America??
    The Islamic code of conduct with daily prayers, fasting, pigrimages, etc. should be lauded by the conservative Christians in America instead of ridiculed. They do the exact kinds of things encouraged by practically every TV evangelist in America......modesty, intolerance of adultery, gays, etc. public prayer, submission of women to the husband.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying none of this happens in Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    Thank G-d I'm Jewish! You guys confuse me!

You think you're confused now......wait till 1Vic and I move in......thought I missed that stuff didn't ya!! I just didn't have time to respond.....hey.....you gettin more walks in?? Or is life still hurried?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    In theory it is commendable however it is taken to extremes. Just as Christianity has become lax so has the Muslim religion become rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    In theory it is commendable however it is taken to extremes. Just as Christianity has become lax so has the Muslim religion become rigid.
    Interesting observation.....I agree........tolerance of evil breeds more evil.
    I think the Islam extremeists use religion as an excuse for their predispostion and love of violence......much like the inquisition and other such acts in the name of religion. Sometimes (in fact most of the time) doing the right thing results in less comfort and worldly success for the practictioner of righteousness......

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    In this world doing the right thing almost always comes with consequences..............none of them good. That's why it's so hard to be good and that's why we need God IMO.

Thread Information