Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43
  1. #1
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739

    Why Muslim Women Wear The Hijab ?

    i found this article , which i think answers all the questions that arose regarding why muslim women cover themselves in society .

    THE QUESTION OF HIJAB

    "why do muslim women have to cover their heads ?" this question is one which is asked by muslims and no-muslims alike. for many women it is the truest test of being a muslim.
    the answer to the question is very simple - Muslim women observe HIJAB (covering the head & body) because Allah has told them to do so.

    " o prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). that is better in order that they may be known (to be muslims) and not annoyed..." (33:59)

    other secondary reasons include the requirement for medesty in both men and women. both will then be evaluated for intelligence and skills instead of looks and sexuality. An Iranian school girl is quoted as saying " we want to stop men from treating us like sex objects, as they have always done. We want them to ignore our appearance and to be attentive to our personalities and mind. we want them to take us seriously and treat us as equals and not just chase us aorund for our bodies and looks"

    A muslim woman who covers her head is making a statement about her identity. Anyone who sees her will know that she is a muslim and has a good moral character. Many Muslim women who cover are filled with dignity and self esteem; they are pleased to be identified as a muslim woman . As a chaste , modest , pure woman , she does not want her sexuality to enter interactions with mean in the smallest degree. A woman who covers herself is concealing her sexuality but allowing her femininity to be brought out.

    the question of hijab for muslim women has been a controversy for centuries and will probably continue for many more. Some learned people do not consider the subject open to discussion and consider that covering the face is required, while a majority are of the opinion that it is not required. A middle line position is taken by some who claim that the instructions are vague and open to individual discretion depending on the situation. the wives of the prophet (pbuh) were required to cover thier faces so that men would not think of them in sexual terms since they were the " mothers of the believers" ,
    but this requirement was not extended to other women.

    the word hijab comes from the arabic word hajaba meaning to hide from view or conceal. in the present time, the context of hijab is the modest covering of a muslim woman. the question now is what is the extent of the covering ?

    the Quran says. " say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.
    And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof ; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands...." (24:30-31)


    these verses from the Quran contain two main injunctions (1) a woman should not show her beauty or adornments except what appears by uncontrolled factors such as the wind blowing her clothes, and (2) the head covers should be drawn so as to cover their hair, the neck and the bosom.

    islam has no fixed standard as to the style of dress or type of clothing that muslims must wear, however, some requirements must be met. the first of these requirements is the part of the body which must be covered.

    islam has two sources for guidance and rulings; first, the Quran the revealed word of Allah and secondly , the hadith or the traditions of the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) who was chosen to be the role model for mankind. the following is a tradition of the Prophet(pbuh):

    Ayesha (r) reported that asma the daughter of abu bakr (r) came to the messenger of Allah (pbuh) while wearing thin clothing. He approached her and said ; O asma! when a girl reaches the menstrual age, it is not proper that anything should remain exposed except this and this . He pointed to the face and the hands (abu dawood)

    the second requirement is looseness. the clothing must be loose enough so as not to describe the shape of the woamn's body. One desirable way to hide the shape of the body is to wear cloak over clothes. however, if the clothing is loose enough, an outer garment is not necessary.

    Thickness is the third requirement. the clothing must be thick enough so as not to show the color of skin it covers or the shape of the body. the Prophet (pbuh) stated that in later generations of his Ummah (people) there would be women who woudl be dressed but naked and on top of their heads (what looks like) camel humps( as in hair styles). Curse them for they are truly cursed (Muslim )

    Another requirement is an over all dignified appearance. the clothing should not attract men's attention to the woman. it should not be shiny and flashy so that everyone notices the dress and the woman .

    In addition there are other requirements :
    (1) woman must not dress so as to appear like men. Ibn Abbas narrated " the prophet (pbuh) cursed the men who appear like women and the women who appear like men." (bukhari)

    (2) women should not dress in a way similar to the unbelievers. (3) the clothing should be modest, not excessively fancy and also not excessively ragged to gain others admiration or sympathy .

    Often forgotten is the fact that modern western dress is a new invention. looking at the clothing of women as recently as 70 yrs ago, we see clothing similar to hijab. these active and hard-working women of the west were not inhibited by their clothing which consisted of long, full dresses and various types of head covering. Muslim women who wear hijab do not find it impractical or interfering with their activities in all levels and walks of life.

    Hijab is not merely a covering dress but more importantly, it is behaviour, manners, speech and appearance in public. Dress is only one facer of the total being.

    The basic requirements of the Muslim woman's dress apply to the muslim man's clothing with the difference being mainly in degree. Modesty requires that the area between the navel and the knee be covered in front of all people except the wife. the clothing of men should not be like the dress of a women , nor should it be tight or proactive. A muslim should dress to show his identity as a muslim. Men are not allowed to wear gold or silk, however both are allowed for women.

    For both men and women, clothing requirements are not meant to be restricition but rather a way in which society will function in a proper, islamic manner.

    by MARY C. ALI

    ( THE INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC INFORMATION AND EDUCATION )

  2. #2
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    I applaud Muslim women for their modesty.......If we western men had similar policies for our wives maybe you wouldn't have your best friend lusting and trying to bang your wife. Instead we let our children and wives parade around like whores......and wonder why the teen pregnancy rate is so high.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I.C.U.
    Posts
    1,011
    What if your gay????? Should the male partner have the female partner covered????

    LOL

  4. #4
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    What if your gay????? Should the male partner have the female partner covered????

    LOL


    Elton John in a Hijab.......with sunglasses

  5. #5
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I applaud Muslim women for their modesty.......If we western men had similar policies for our wives maybe you wouldn't have your best friend lusting and trying to bang your wife. Instead we let our children and wives parade around like whores......and wonder why the teen pregnancy rate is so high.
    its common sense badger !

  6. #6
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Badger...........you are seriously disturbed, I am fearing for your sanity bro. My wife and daughters don't parade around half naked. BTW how did you know I wanted to bang your wife?

  7. #7
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Badger...........you are seriously disturbed, I am fearing for your sanity bro. My wife and daughters don't parade around half naked. BTW how did you know I wanted to bang your wife?
    You stay away from Mondo.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I.C.U.
    Posts
    1,011
    . My wife and daughters don't parade around half naked. BTW how did you know I wanted to bang your wife?

    Yeah they're fully naked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!hehehehe

  9. #9
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Never in the Koran, God ask women to wear a veil never and I dare you to show me real evidences.

  10. #10
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    I think there is alot of extraneous crap in every religion.......look at the Jewish dudes with the braids and top hats......G-d (out of respect for Mondo) looks at the heart.....not at outward appearances......we are called to not offend our brothers......there has got to be some middle ground here people.......Women can certainly be modest without being veiled......plus......modesty can be more of an ACTION than appearance. I am certainly not offended by veiled women......doesn't bother me. I really don't like the youngs girls of today running around with their midsections showing with all the crap hanging out of their belly butttons......kind of trampy I think

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I.C.U.
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I think there is alot of extraneous crap in every religion.......look at the Jewish dudes with the braids and top hats......G-d (out of respect for Mondo) looks at the heart.....not at outward appearances......we are called to not offend our brothers......there has got to be some middle ground here people.......Women can certainly be modest without being veiled......plus......modesty can be more of an ACTION than appearance. I am certainly not offended by veiled women......doesn't bother me. I really don't like the youngs girls of today running around with their midsections showing with all the crap hanging out of their belly butttons......kind of trampy I think
    Stop it now! This is a terrible post. You are actually middle of the road! Talking about G-d looking at the heart????? For goodness sakes offend someone. I can't take it........ badger in a soft sensitive moment....

    Everyone bow your heads in silence for a momoent, as G-d is truly at work here....

    A




    And I agree which sucks even worse......

    Off to marriage counseling......wooo hooo!!!!!

  12. #12
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I agree with your last statement too Badger.

  13. #13
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Never in the Koran, God ask women to wear a veil never and I dare you to show me real evidences.
    yes u r right it never syas they have to wear a viel to cover thier faces , but it does say wear a viel that atleast covers the head the neck and the bosom (cleavage) makes sense to me !

  14. #14
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    most of the way women cover themselves up is also in consideration of different cultures in islamic countires , and most of the astounding laws and stereotypes are because of that reason , the 2 verses f the KORAN i menitoned above in the article , clearly give u the idea that God wants women to not parade aorund displaying themselves as sexual objects , they have to be dignified about their appearance and behavioiur ! so forget the viel even , DO WOMEN THESE DAYS DO EVEN JUST THAT ????? !

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Isn't that kinda like asking your neighbor to keep his car in the Garage so you don't steal it? I mean...shouldn't Moslem men have some accountability, and show some kind of restraint without having to cover their women in order to not objectify them?

    I Don't Objectify women, regardless of what they wear.

    In fact, I recently read in an issue of MENSA Bulletin (yeah, it's the magazine sent to all members of MENSA) that Asia Carrera (porn star) was inducted into the MENSA hall of fame (yes, she's a Member of MENSA). She often wears nothing...and gets paid to be in porn movies...and still, I wouldn't see her as merely object, as her mental accumen far exceeds her physical one. I just don't see women as objects, no matter what they are or are not wearing.

  16. #16
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    I actually have to agree with badger up there as well


    ZOAIB - you could just as easily use the same arguments to justify the burqa or chadri as the hijab?

  17. #17
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Isn't that kinda like asking your neighbor to keep his car in the Garage so you don't steal it? I mean...shouldn't Moslem men have some accountability, and show some kind of restraint without having to cover their women in order to not objectify them?

    I Don't Objectify women, regardless of what they wear.

    In fact, I recently read in an issue of MENSA Bulletin (yeah, it's the magazine sent to all members of MENSA) that Asia Carrera (porn star) was inducted into the MENSA hall of fame (yes, she's a Member of MENSA). She often wears nothing...and gets paid to be in porn movies...and still, I wouldn't see her as merely object, as her mental accumen far exceeds her physical one. I just don't see women as objects, no matter what they are or are not wearing.
    hooker there is accountability , but u cannot compare a car with a woman , the urge a man gets when he sees a beautiful girl in tight dress , he get fired up ina completely different way , there is no way u can compare it to the car analogy ................ plsu its mans nature to have that urge , so to restrict it and help them control it this si whats good , for me i cant question GOD , cause i see the difference clear and transparent between east and west !

  18. #18
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    I actually have to agree with badger up there as well


    ZOAIB - you could just as easily use the same arguments to justify the burqa or chadri as the hijab?
    cycleon the burqa and chadri are cultural or traditional ways to cover , the extremism has been developed by various cultures in muslim countries , just like u have the amish here , dotn their women wear different dresses long and not too revealing ? ............... i wonder why they have that concept ......... Islam says be modest in appearance and attitude , for women its more important cause they are the ones always being displayed as objects of sex ............... u and me are sitting in country where porn has become a capitalistic industry , wheres the morality ! ............. and just go back like 100 yrs nnot much do u know how women dressed in those days ?

  19. #19
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Zoiab excellent points as well, this is a good thread. Hooker I see your point too, BUT most men can't make the differentiation between a porn star and an intellect, because their penis takes over.

  20. #20
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Zoiab excellent points as well, this is a good thread. Hooker I see your point too, BUT most men can't make the differentiation between a porn star and an intellect, because their penis takes over.
    true words there !

  21. #21
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    restraint was left out huh???

    "Surely i tell you, it is better to pluck your eye out and be blind, than to lust after a anothers woman."

    I guess the Quran doesn't have this type of thing..
    Last edited by spywizard; 03-08-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  22. #22
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I think it's about morality SPY

  23. #23
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I think it's about morality SPY
    ya think??

    Then the question becomes..

    Are we moralistic because of directs set forth by our God, and his teachers??

    and if so... why is it morally acceptable to kill someone who doesn't believe as you do? ?
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  24. #24
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    the only one who can answer that is GOD, is it okay to kill in certain circumstances? I would say yes, but I'm not THE MAN. To kill someone who simply doesn't share your beliefs is wrong ,that one is simple.

  25. #25
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Isn't that kinda like asking your neighbor to keep his car in the Garage so you don't steal it? I mean...shouldn't Moslem men have some accountability, and show some kind of restraint without having to cover their women in order to not objectify them?
    Well, that is not the main reason women should wear the Hijab.

    Muslim women observe Hijab (covering the head and body) because Allah has told them to do so.

    "O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslim) and not annoyed…" Qur’an 33:59

    Other secondary reasons include the requirement for modesty in both men and women. Both will then to be evaluated for intelligence and skills instead of looks and sexuality. An Iranian schoolgirl is quoted as saying, " We want to stop men from treating us like sex objects, as they have always done. We want them to ignore our appearance and to be attentive to our personalities and mind. We want them to take us seriously and treat us as equals and not just chase us around for our bodies and physical looks."

    A Muslim woman who covers her head is making a statement about her identity. Anyone who sees her will know that she is a Muslim and has a good moral character. Many Muslim women who cover are filled with dignity and self esteem; they are pleased to be identified as a Muslim woman. As a chaste, modest, pure woman, she does not want her sexuality to enter into interactions with men in the smallest degree. A woman who covers herself is concealing her sexuality but allowing her femininity to be brought out.

  26. #26
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Well, that is not the main reason women should wear the Hijab.


    Other secondary reasons include the requirement for modesty in both men and women. Both will then to be evaluated for intelligence and skills instead of looks and sexuality. An Iranian schoolgirl is quoted as saying, " We want to stop men from treating us like sex objects, as they have always done. We want them to ignore our appearance and to be attentive to our personalities and mind. We want them to take us seriously and treat us as equals and not just chase us around for our bodies and physical looks."
    But what we found in Iraq were 12 yr old girls that were sold, or married into families, and they were being stoned and had thier hands cut off if they went to school to read...

    Does that mean that Muslim women are smart... just not smart enough to bother teaching them to read??

    Or.. do they have the right? or intellect to read the Quran??
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  27. #27
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    Still no one wants to answer my question is why this doesnt apply to the burqa as well?

  28. #28
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    ya think??

    Then the question becomes..

    Are we moralistic because of directs set forth by our God, and his teachers??

    and if so... why is it morally acceptable to kill someone who doesn't believe as you do? ?
    U R TALKIGN OUT OF THIN AIR my friend ! u show me one verse in the Quran where it says to kill the non beleivers with injustice , but yes we have been given the right to kill in the part if we get attacked . and i think thats very justifiable !

  29. #29
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    But what we found in Iraq were 12 yr old girls that were sold, or married into families, and they were being stoned and had thier hands cut off if they went to school to read...

    Does that mean that Muslim women are smart... just not smart enough to bother teaching them to read??

    Or.. do they have the right? or intellect to read the Quran??
    wha tu see in iraq is not ISLAM i will say it again and a million times more , these radical idiots dont know crap about ISLAM , they imply their own will and view in things , Allah has given women right to divorce , right to study , right to work , and right over the husbands money if he doesnt give her any ............and many more .............. so dont imply these stupid muslim nations , cause none of them are following ISLAM ..............

  30. #30
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Still no one wants to answer my question is why this doesnt apply to the burqa as well?
    cycleon what doesnt apply to the burqa ? ( i seem to not get exactly what u are asking )

  31. #31
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    Zoaib, so from what i read, is my understanding correct that a muslim female does not HAVE to cover, but most do?

    Also, It was on the radio just recently that a muslim woman wanted a divorce from her husband because he smelled really bad. Showering only once a month, or something. But she couldnt because it was against the law/religion (forget which) for a woman to divorce the male except for certain reasons. True? Muslim law or govt law? I dont know what country it was, but somewhere out east.

  32. #32
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Zoaib, so from what i read, is my understanding correct that a muslim female does not HAVE to cover, but most do?

    Also, It was on the radio just recently that a muslim woman wanted a divorce from her husband because he smelled really bad. Showering only once a month, or something. But she couldnt because it was against the law/religion (forget which) for a woman to divorce the male except for certain reasons. True? Muslim law or govt law? I dont know what country it was, but somewhere out east.
    if she was under a complete islamic governed country she can go to the muslim counterpart of a PRIEST , and present the problem to him in the case her husband does not wants to divorce her , and get divorce through that way , and ISLAM originally provides right to divorce for a female , its the so called muslim countries that are being retarded about it ......... and yes its a choice to cover or not , if u dont then GOD is unhappy if u do then GOD is happy ......... a lot of muslim women dont cover themselves , go to india and pakistan , to any asia muslims countries they wear jeans , short skirts everything ............... look at turkey , they are the most westernized country in view of the muslim culture ................. so people who fear GOD will follow his commands and the ones who are ignorant well they just will find out later ,!

  33. #33
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    The "Islamic" veil or the Ninja or Star War Imperial Guard Uniform is not a part of Islam never was and never mentionned in the Koran. In Medina, the rape level was so high that Mohamed decreeted a law saying that women should wear veil not to exposed skin and not to show their identity to men and other persons.
    This continued as a "tradition" like other women such as Irish, Polish, Russian, Slavic, Greek, Italian wear a veil too. It is a tradition that continued as an imposition by MEN claiming religion. No where in the Koran it says.

    I was a student of Bilal Kuspinar, that professor is well known Ulama and scholar in the Islamic world, and I report his words " Never, never the Koran ask women to wear a veil never, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong"

    Bilal, a gentleman and a shy man teaches in Canada at McGill, Concordia, U of Alberta, Native Turkey, Saudia Arabia, Malaysia, Indonessia and he's also the president of the Montreal Islamic studies.

  34. #34
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    The "Islamic" veil or the Ninja or Star War Imperial Guard Uniform is not a part of Islam never was and never mentionned in the Koran. In Medina, the rape level was so high that Mohamed decreeted a law saying that women should wear veil not to exposed skin and not to show their identity to men and other persons.
    This continued as a "tradition" like other women such as Irish, Polish, Russian, Slavic, Greek, Italian wear a veil too. It is a tradition that continued as an imposition by MEN claiming religion. No where in the Koran it says.

    I was a student of Bilal Kuspinar, that professor is well known Ulama and scholar in the Islamic world, and I report his words " Never, never the Koran ask women to wear a veil never, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong"

    Bilal, a gentleman and a shy man teaches in Canada at McGill, Concordia, U of Alberta, Native Turkey, Saudia Arabia, Malaysia, Indonessia and he's also the president of the Montreal Islamic studies.

    agreed , cause i dotn see in the KORAN where GOD specifically says to wear a viel , but he has ordered women to cover them selves in a modest way , and not make a sexual display of themselves !

    here is somethign i found in a FATWA (ISLAMIC RULING ) forum , some muslim woman asked this question and hopefully this will clear the topic.

    Name nida - Pakistan
    Profession
    Question As-salamu `alaikum.

    I want to ask two questions:

    1. How does Islam view the working women, espacially women working in offices in co-environment while observing pardah?

    2. Is covering face the part of pardah? Some Muslimas hold that there is no such condition? What is better and one should go for what?
    Thanks.


    Answer Wa`alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

    In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

    All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

    1. It is permissible to work in a co-environment while taking into considerations three conditions: a) wearing Hijab; b) not to be in khalwah or in privacy with man; and c) to make sure no physical contact between man and woman will happen. If these three conditions are met, you can take any job as long as it is a halal job.

    2. As for Pardah or Hijab, Allah asked the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to cover their faces, and that was an obligation for them. Other Muslim women have to wear Hijab but they don't have to cover their faces. However, any woman who wants to copy the mother of the believers by covering her face, it is up to her as long as she considers that as a good deed and a Sunnah.

    I would like to take this opportunity to call upon all Muslim women to focus on Islamic behavior and manners along with wearing Hijab.

    http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=J4Dy9g
    Last edited by ZOAIB; 03-09-2005 at 11:47 AM.

  35. #35
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    But what we found in Iraq were 12 yr old girls that were sold, or married into families, and they were being stoned and had thier hands cut off if they went to school to read...
    In Iraq? I challenge you to show me how girls were stoned or hands cut of if they went to school.

    Iraq had equal opportunity when it came to education, for both men and women.

  36. #36
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    wha tu see in iraq is not ISLAM i will say it again and a million times more , these radical idiots dont know crap about ISLAM , they imply their own will and view in things , Allah has given women right to divorce , right to study , right to work , and right over the husbands money if he doesnt give her any ............and many more .............. so dont imply these stupid muslim nations , cause none of them are following ISLAM ..............
    That guy doesnt know what he is talking about. He got Iraq and Afghanistan confused. He should look at a map and see they arent even close.

    Women were treated well in Iraq, and there were COED schools in Iraq, in which not only could women study, but they could go to school with men.

  37. #37
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    The Virgin Mary always wore a veil in public, because she followed Jewish law. Nuns wear veils.

    Islam wants its women to be like those rolemodel's. We dont want women to dress like prostitutes.

  38. #38
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    The Virgin Mary always wore a veil in public, because she followed Jewish law. Nuns wear veils.

    Islam wants its women to be like those rolemodel's. We dont want women to dress like prostitutes.

    There extreme and extreme eh, but you agree that it is a tradition and not a requirement

  39. #39
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    There extreme and extreme eh, but you agree that it is a tradition and not a requirement
    it is a requirement , but tradition takes it to the extreme !

  40. #40
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    The Virgin Mary always wore a veil in public, because she followed Jewish law. Nuns wear veils.

    Islam wants its women to be like those rolemodel's. We dont want women to dress like prostitutes.
    good point about the virgin mary , mother of jesus (pbuh) ................ why dont christian women follow her example ??? i have seen girls go in short skirts to church and no one even minded well the men didnt , i dont know about the women ............. but good point CAUSASIAN !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •