Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

IF we find life on europa or mars

If we find life on mars or europa when we begin to explore those 2 places, will that change your religious belife in any way?

Europas oceans have almost exactly the same conditions that the oceans of earth. Travling there in search of life should be the number one priority now imo because if life where found there it would prove the earth is not uniqe and if life isnt to be found there then it proves that life dont appear easily.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont see how it would. I assume your arguement would be that if we find life on another planet, it must have evolved from nothing instead of it being put there by God. But thats the same thing we are debating about on earth, that living things were either put here by God or formed from nothing.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I dont see how it would. I assume your arguement would be that if we find life on another planet, it must have evolved from nothing instead of it being put there by God. But thats the same thing we are debating about on earth, that living things were either put here by God or formed from nothing.

the latter part of what you said.. conditions have to be more than perfect to support life anywhere..

Look at it this way. You are walking in a desert and you se no life. Suddenly you stumble across a flower. Since this flower is uniquen alone and you have never seen it anywhere else while waking the path you might assume someone planted it in that hostile enviorment.
    But if you walk another mile and find a field of flowers. Would you still assume they are planeted or would you assume they are growing there naturaly

My point is the life on earth wouldnt be uniqe anymore. If life is everywhere it is a strong indication that life is a natural phenomenon. If it is nowhere to be found except on earth it is a strong argument that life on earth was created.

Would it make you feel that maby humans are less special in the eyes of god if he has created life everywhere? Maby we are not even his most advanced creation. Would that make you pissed cause god fails to mention that in the bibel

books555 is offline Senior Member
    All life must be fine tuned to exist.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    If we find life on mars or europa when we begin to explore those 2 places, will that change your religious belife in any way?

Europas oceans have almost exactly the same conditions that the oceans of earth. Travling there in search of life should be the number one priority now imo because if life where found there it would prove the earth is not uniqe and if life isnt to be found there then it proves that life dont appear easily.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IF we find life on europa or mars-alf.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by books555
    All life must be fine tuned to exist.
    Nope. organism not suited for a particular enviorment can still prosper in it. So it doesnt have to be fine tuned to the smallest detail. Life is adaptable.

no time to answer your question to me, but really quick, i think he meant life must be fined tuned to actually be life...but once it is life, it may adapt.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Wouldnt change one bit, there could be life on other planets.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Wouldnt change one bit, there could be life on other planets.
    If we find intelligent life. Will you still be of the oppinion that humans are gods chosen people?(does muslims belive this at all btw or is it just jews and christians)?

Yea, ill believe humans are still god's chosen people. HOw would that change?

Sapper is offline New Member
    Do we have to be "Chosen" people? Does it matter? Is there a "Chosen" people? According to what Jesus said, God cares when the sparrow in the field drops dead, so why would it matter to us if the big guy has a thousand different planets with intelligent life on them? Isn't it just hubris to call ourselves his "Chosen people"?

Consider the fact that interaction between species from entirely different ecosystems would probably wind up in extinction due to different bacterial and viral vulnerabilities. We'll probably never meet and greet an alien race, in my opinion. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    If we find intelligent life. Will you still be of the oppinion that humans are gods chosen people?(does muslims belive this at all btw or is it just jews and christians)?
    I dont know.

Maybe ZOAIB knows.

http://www.answering-christianity.co...s_in_quran.htm

Yea, ill believe humans are still god's chosen people. HOw would that change?
    That is true, even if we find intelligent life in other planets, we still wouldnt know if Humans are GOD's choosen people or not. Because only GOD knows right?

he said so in the bible...thats how we know.

Thread Information