Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: To Mr Johan

  1. #1
    A_Pro's Avatar
    A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    125

    To Mr Johan

    Good Morning Bro!

    Listen, I see you're diligently looking for the right questions as I've observed your posts over the last few weeks. About the pyramids, religions, etc.

    I want to help you get your BIG question answered.

    Let's say you knew the location of some spiritual Guru -- and you hiked up to his mountain top temple and were allowed to enter and ask him one question which he would answer perfectly.

    What's your one question?

  2. #2
    stocky121's Avatar
    stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    england/north east
    Posts
    10,011
    can i drink winny jj bro

  3. #3
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    will i get laid tonite?

  4. #4
    Will Power's Avatar
    Will Power is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    546
    How many licks to the center of my lollypop ?

  5. #5
    A_Pro's Avatar
    A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    125
    Such a clever crowd...

  6. #6
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    I will give it a bit of thought and answere later this evening. Good question bro

  7. #7
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    I havent realy given this as much thought as I should.

    But I think I would ask the question if my mother is happy in the place she is now. So I can know she found the peace in death that she never got from life.

    Il give it some more thought though so that isnt realy my final answere

  8. #8
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I havent realy given this as much thought as I should.

    But I think I would ask the question if my mother is happy in the place she is now. So I can know she found the peace in death that she never got from life.

    Il give it some more thought though so that isnt realy my final answere

    hmmmmmmmmmm

    most would ask the old question... why are we here??

    by your selfless question, it shows that what you are most looking for is hope..
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  9. #9
    Will Power's Avatar
    Will Power is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I havent realy given this as much thought as I should.

    But I think I would ask the question if my mother is happy in the place she is now. So I can know she found the peace in death that she never got from life.

    Il give it some more thought though so that isnt realy my final answere

    Johan.
    I feel embarrassed about my humor after reading your post, it was really moving.

  10. #10
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    hmmmmmmmmmm

    most would ask the old question... why are we here??

    by your selfless question, it shows that what you are most looking for is hope..
    I think I wouldnt ask that question because I realy dont think there is a answere and if there is a answere I wouldnt want to know about it. I dont need a reason to live. Not a divine reason atleast.
    Even if there is a divine reason I dont think the human mind would be able to comprehend it, and imagine if the reason would feel small and unimportant. The answere to such a question would be very scary no matter what.

    I have never realy contemplated the reason for me or us to be here. I look at me beeing here as a result of everything that has happened in the past. A chain of events that might or might not have a purpose, but either way it brought me to life and that I feel is a miracle in itself. I should be thankfull for my oppertunity to live and exist no matter what the reason or purpose might be.

    But you are right I am looking for hope. Hope that death will give peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    Johan.
    I feel embarrassed about my humor after reading your post, it was really moving.
    No worries bro.

    You are giving me to much credit.... The question isnt totaly unselfish. I have alot of guilt and knowing she is happy would relive that and if she is happy it would also mean there is life after death. So my 2 biggest questions would be answered.

  11. #11
    A_Pro's Avatar
    A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    The answere to such a question would be very scary no matter what.
    What if it wasn't scary at all? What if it was positively mind-altering? What if the truth, truly set you free?

    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    ...I should be thankfull for my oppertunity to live and exist no matter what the reason or purpose might be.
    Be thankful! But don't forget the "opportunity". This truly is an opportunity, the question you need to ask yourself is for what is it an opportunity for?

    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    But you are right I am looking for hope. Hope that death will give peace.
    Are you at peace now? Do you feel you have helped others enough to deserve peace in death?

    Mr Johan, I dont mean to come accross as a "know it all" and I'm fully aware thats how I may sound. My intention is help you ask the right questions... but it is only you who can find the right answers.

    Truth is not something you can read in a book, or hear from a guru; truth can only be experienced...

  12. #12
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    What if it wasn't scary at all? What if it was positively mind-altering? What if the truth, truly set you free?



    Be thankful! But don't forget the "opportunity". This truly is an opportunity, the question you need to ask yourself is for what is it an opportunity for?



    Are you at peace now? Do you feel you have helped others enough to deserve peace in death?

    Mr Johan, I dont mean to come accross as a "know it all" and I'm fully aware thats how I may sound. My intention is help you ask the right questions... but it is only you who can find the right answers.

    Truth is not something you can read in a book, or hear from a guru; truth can only be experienced...

    -Truth can only be experienced? Not true. Truth exists wheather we believe it or not.

    -Just because my feelings tell me that life is illusion (they dont) does not mean it is true.

  13. #13
    A_Pro's Avatar
    A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    125
    This is true -- truth exists whether we believe in it or not. But YOU can not know truth, unless you experience it. And what does it matter if someone else knows the truth, what matters is if YOU do. And so YOU must experience the truth.

  14. #14
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    What if it wasn't scary at all? What if it was positively mind-altering? What if the truth, truly set you free?
    The only things limiting me now is the limits my mind has set upp for me. So in a sense I am free I just need to break down the mind barriers. I dont think I need to find some kind of "thruth" to do that. Depends on what the thruth is. I cant imagine any reason for me to exist that would aid me in that endevore

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    Be thankful! But don't forget the "opportunity". This truly is an opportunity, the question you need to ask yourself is for what is it an opportunity for?
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    Are you at peace now? Do you feel you have helped others enough to deserve peace in death?

    Mr Johan, I dont mean to come accross as a "know it all" and I'm fully aware thats how I may sound. My intention is help you ask the right questions... but it is only you who can find the right answers.

    Truth is not something you can read in a book, or hear from a guru; truth can only be experienced...
    No I dont think I deserve peace in death to be honest....

    and Im not in peace now. Or well somedays I am somedays Im not. More often not I would say. But I acctualy do think I have found my path to find serenity its just that I just started walking it so I am only seeing the first couple of effects of the journey.

    What is the right questions to ask

  15. #15
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    What is the right questions to ask
    Is there a god?
    If the guru says that there is a god,
    1) does it listen to us?
    2) which religion is it attached to?
    3) how do we know that you know what you're talking about, and that what you say is accurate?

    If there is not a god,
    1) what do we do with our lives?

    Ya, those are some good questions . . .

    -Tock

  16. #16
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    I want to help you get your BIG question answered.
    Ya, I've seen this approach before . . . what you REALLY want is to make a convert to your religion.







    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    Let's say you knew the location of some spiritual Guru -- and you hiked up to his mountain top temple and were allowed to enter and ask him one question which he would answer perfectly.
    That's assuming that a mere mortal could answer any question flawlessly, which is something that humans, much like yourself, are quite incapable of doing.







    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pro
    What would that question be?
    Yah, right. A tactic straight out of the car salesman's training manual -- get the customer to tell you all of your objections to the sale, then present answers to all the objections, then he's got no reason not to buy.

    Ya, I've seen it all before . . . pretty smarmy, IMHO.

    -Tock

  17. #17
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    dont worry tock I wont get converted into any religion I am pretty pleased with where buddhism is leading me right now

  18. #18
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    dont worry tock I wont get converted into any religion I am pretty pleased with where buddhism is leading me right now
    Whatever opinions you develop concerning religion is no business of mine; I'm sure you are able to draw intelligent decisions about all that . . . you have, after all, a pretty sharp intellect . . .
    What does irritate me, however, is when people try to hoodwink other folks with smarmy tactics and emotion into their own religious group.
    Actually, it's pretty disgusting . . . JMHO . . .

    -Tock

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •