Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: the universe...

  1. #1
    stompin's Avatar
    stompin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    176

    the universe...

    anybody ever wondered where is the universe
    all that space and planets milky ways black holes etc,
    must be some where wheather it be the size of a match
    box or what ever, must be something some where,

    what creates all this power to form life

    something i often think about,

    any1 ?

  2. #2
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    I have wondered if there are ends to the universe then whats beyond it.

  3. #3
    stompin's Avatar
    stompin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    176
    who knows, where a balck hole would take you too
    its a shame weil never know cause im really interested lol

  4. #4
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    not the answer you want but IT is God, sorry it's all I can give you.

  5. #5
    AVAGO's Avatar
    AVAGO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by stompin
    anybody ever wondered where is the universe
    all that space and planets milky ways black holes etc,
    must be some where wheather it be the size of a match
    box or what ever, must be something some where,

    what creates all this power to form life

    something i often think about,

    any1 ?


    if we look at the sun what we see is 20 minutes old as it has taken the light that amount of time to reach the earth, so in effect we are seeing into the past by 20 minuites. If we look further distances we can see further 'back in time' we actually have the technologys to see the begining of the universe to within minuites of its 'creation' we can see the original particles and nearly the 'big bang' its just making the technology to see further and effectively into the past.
    Black holes are so dense i cant remember the exact density but something along the lines of 1,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes per square mm giving them enough dencity to have there own gravitational force pulling more and more matter into them makeing them furthermore dense, so we could never enter a black whole for we would be 'spagetified'.
    IMO lol

  6. #6
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Crap Avago, that is too complex, I have a headache now

  7. #7
    AVAGO's Avatar
    AVAGO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    913
    Man you should try understanding it from the route. Unbelivable..... Its allready simplified as much as i can understand it,.... which isnt much

  8. #8
    AVAGO's Avatar
    AVAGO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    913
    Whats the matter did i scare every one off




  9. #9
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    8 mins actually to get light from the sun.

  10. #10
    AVAGO's Avatar
    AVAGO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    8 mins actually to get light from the sun.

    Oh ok well thet changes the whole principal.... i should think the relative density of black wholes is uncorrect also if you want to find that out...... its just the princple of the time space continuum i was trying to get accross. ? Numbers dont really matter when you are talking about relativity.
    Last edited by AVAGO; 03-24-2005 at 09:31 AM.

  11. #11
    AVAGO's Avatar
    AVAGO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    8 mins actually to get light from the sun.

    The distance from the Earth to the Sun varies because the Earth's orbit about the Sun is elliptical.At it's closest, the distance is 91,402,000 miles and it's farthest distance it is 94,512,000 miles.This gives an average distance of 92,957,000 miles. Light travels at 186,282 miles per second. Dividing the average distance by the speed of light gives 499.01225 seconds which is 8.3168708 minutes

    ACTUALLY

  12. #12
    juicedOUTbrain's Avatar
    juicedOUTbrain is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    295
    I think we are just part of something bigger, think about if our galaxy was the size of an atom to a bigger creature or some LIFE FORM. Just like any object can be made INFINITLY small by cutting it over and over, i think the universe is infinitly big, no matter how you look at it there are no boundries to the universe and for there to be boundries, means theres something physically stopping you which means something DOES exist outside our universe...in other words, our universe needs a medium to exist, the fact that it exists alone PROVES the universe is infinte...for the universe to not be infinite, u would have to goto the edge of the universe...and when you stepped out you would simply not exist in any way PAST PRESENT OR FUTURE...
    wuts outside the universe may not be understandable by us but i doubt its GOD i believe its something science simply cant explain YET...

  13. #13
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    as long as you understand..20 mins in the past is a lot farther!! (just messin bro) *smile* that stuff interests me too but i dont have time to read a lot on it and learn too much about it unfortunatly. (well ok, i do have time but its not in my priority list...gotta have my ut2004 and halo time...and eq2 time) heh.

  14. #14
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    Oh ok well thet changes the whole principal.... i should think the relative density of black wholes is uncorrect also if you want to find that out...... its just the princple of the time space continuum i was trying to get accross. ? Numbers dont really matter when you are talking about relativity.
    I thought that the immense gravity in a black hole has made the materia collapse so the matter is compresed into a infinity small body and then I guess it means the density is also infinite. But who knows for sure all our laws of physics means **** when it comes to what is happening below the event horizon of a black hole....

  15. #15
    AVAGO's Avatar
    AVAGO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I thought that the immense gravity in a black hole has made the materia collapse so the matter is compresed into a infinity small body and then I guess it means the density is also infinite. But who knows for sure all our laws of physics means **** when it comes to what is happening below the event horizon of a black hole....

    Yeah sounds good, cant really remember much just really used to intrest me. Just one of the things that stuck out, and as for black holes . I wish i had the knowledge to go deeper

  16. #16
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    Yeah sounds good, cant really remember much just really used to intrest me. Just one of the things that stuck out, and as for black holes . I wish i had the knowledge to go deeper

    We will only know when quantum physics and theory of relativity can be merged and we have quantym relativity Watch out in 15 years or so I will have cracked that nut and Im gonna collect my first nobel prize

  17. #17
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    I have wondered if there are ends to the universe then whats beyond it.
    Me too.

    And I always wondered if there was nothing here, nothing, no earth no universe, no planets, no stars. What would be there?

    Darkness? But Darkness is something too.

    Too complex for the human mind.

  18. #18
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    I have wondered if there are ends to the universe then whats beyond it.

    a Wal Mart

  19. #19
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    a Wal Mart
    Logical

  20. #20
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Me too.

    And I always wondered if there was nothing here, nothing, no earth no universe, no planets, no stars. What would be there?

    Darkness? But Darkness is something too.

    Too complex for the human mind.
    Thats something else ive wondered about. At first I figured nothing would look like an empty white space similar to the one in the movie The Matrix. But then I figured if it was white then light would have to exist there making it something and if it was a space then its not nothing. Leading me to believe that nothing may not exsist. You follow?

  21. #21
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Thats something else ive wondered about. At first I figured nothing would look like an empty white space similar to the one in the movie The Matrix. But then I figured if it was white then light would have to exist there making it something and if it was a space then its not nothing. Leading me to believe that nothing may not exsist. You follow?
    Yes, so nothing doesnt exist.

    So something must always exist. There can never be nothing.

    I wonder what nothing is.

    I am too confused.

  22. #22
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Yes, so nothing doesnt exist.

    So something must always exist. There can never be nothing.

    I wonder what nothing is.

    I am too confused.
    Like you said before its too complex for us to comprehend.

  23. #23
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    this conversation can be answered by watching one movie: The Neverending Story!

  24. #24
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Man I grew up on that moive. Awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  25. #25
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    "The highest happiness of man is to have probed what is knowable, and to quietly revere what is unknowable" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  26. #26
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Yes, so nothing doesnt exist.

    So something must always exist. There can never be nothing.

    I wonder what nothing is.

    I am too confused.

    Nothing shouldnt even have a definition. A definition implies something. Aritstotle defined nothing as ''that which rocks dream about''.

  27. #27
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Its beyond the human brains capability to imagine nothing. Just as we cant imagine a 7 dimensional space.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •