Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

View Poll Results: Was Jesus

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lord

    12 70.59%
  • Liar

    2 11.76%
  • Lunatic

    3 17.65%
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679

    Was Jesus Lord, Liar, or Lunatic

    Just curious what people think.

  2. #2
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Hmmmm. I wonder what tock will vote, Liar or Lunatic?

  3. #3
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Prophet.

  4. #4
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    I forgot to put that one in. Except that would make him a liar, unless you throw out the New testament records.

  5. #5
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    philosopher

  6. #6
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    He was definitly a philosopher, it doesnt matter what you vote.

  7. #7
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Lord for sure!

  8. #8
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    I forgot to put that one in. Except that would make him a liar, unless you throw out the New testament records.
    But if you belive Jesus (PBUH) never said he was the son of GOD or GOD himself, that wouldnt make him a liar.

    And he would be a prophet.

  9. #9
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    OK Josh McDowell......

  10. #10
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    You mean C.S. Lewis

  11. #11
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    If God talks to me, and im also his voice, does it makes me a prophet, lord, a lunatic, a crazy mental dude?

  12. #12
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    You mean C.S. Lewis
    No.....C.S. was more of an original thinker.....you are like Josh......taking original arguments from someone else. Josh just steals others ideas and turns them into a Christianity profit center......the business of religion

  13. #13
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    "God bless us this easter while we blow somebody's head off".......might be a hard thing to pray for........why pretend to be something you are not???.......

  14. #14
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    No.....C.S. was more of an original thinker.....you are like Josh......taking original arguments from someone else. Josh just steals others ideas and turns them into a Christianity profit center......the business of religion


    Obviously you dont know very much about C.S. Lewis. He had a number of influences J.R.R. Tolken, George Macdonald, G.k. Chesterton and many others. Call it stealing, I dont care. I only share what I have learned and understand.

  15. #15
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    Hmmmm. I wonder what tock will vote, Liar or Lunatic?
    Lots of folks here in Texas say, "Jayzis is mah Lard and Savor, and hay dahed fer mah say-ins."
    Ya, they really do . . . They're all in favor of the 10 Commandments too, but I've never met any one who could name more than three of 'em. Enthusiasm for 'em goes down quite a bit when you inform them that enforcing the 1st Commandment would require doing away with the Freedom of Religion guarantees of the US Constitution.

    -Tock

  16. #16
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    Hmmmm. I wonder what tock will vote, Liar or Lunatic?
    I will say this . . .

    Christian Fundamentalism is to Religion what "Paint-By-Numbers" is to art.

    And you can quote me on that.

    -Tock

  17. #17
    redwizza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    303
    the charatcter of jesus intrigues me....but not much more than the like of him. he was a hippie....sensitive....bastard child....loner. ppl suffered in spiritual and material poverty around him (so did he). his loneliness gave him his intuitive abilities, and his intense need to be loved by someone got him into a great personal depression, and thus when he found the great nothingness he declared that love, care, and faith, are the answers, are the ways to "salvation". he instintanously had fans, listeners, and from that some obsessive followers who realy did not understand the PHSYCHOLOGICAL implications behind his character (after all, this happened more than 2000 years ago, civilizations were at their earliest developemental phase).
    many were very inspired, especially after the way he died. his infamy is mainly not because of his ideas but the way he dies. there are many other VERY SIMILAR examples that i can mention from other religions, that basically thrived because of the sufferings/sacrifice of its founders/devoted followers (eg, imam hussain, the grand son of prophet mohammad. his beheading sealed the deal on the begining of a deep following (shia's))

    jesus, thus, was not a liar per say, because of his desperate need for love, he made himslef believe that - again - love and faith are the answers, and he had to stick to his beliefs and go through the excecution if he wanted to keep this idea of love and fatih going.

    In reality, it was mere desperate hope that he had. his concepts were lovely but it had never really worked in the world. its his own ppl that really are some of the LAST ppl today that follow his virtous/pure ways of life.
    today we have the likes of bush declaring he is a jesus follower when at the same time he is a killer, NON-forgiver and thus does not really have FAITH.

    most christians today (well over 90%) dont ATLEAST try to follow the way of jesus.
    Last edited by redwizza; 03-29-2005 at 07:19 PM.

  18. #18
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    I am grateful for your scholarly input Wizza, unfortunatly your comments dont add up.

  19. #19
    subsailor's Avatar
    subsailor is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    107
    Tock, you keep opening your mouth, but I haven't heard a word (at least an intelligent word) yet. You guys are a trip...

  20. #20
    redwizza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    I am grateful for your scholarly input Wizza, unfortunatly your comments dont add up.

    well as always you can keep choosing what you want to believe, like the rest of us, but can you at least tell me which part you think does not add up....and plz dont quote the bible to support your argument. you cant use the bible as your proof/evidence since it is the subject that is being questioned. so, the only legitimate way you can prove me wrong is by showing me historical evidence. all of the information on this subject (jesus, and the bible) indicate what i exactly mentioned. sure i dont sound scholarly because guess what i dont sit there and think about EXACTLY what i am going to write and how i am going to excecute my argument, i just write......type.
    Last edited by redwizza; 03-29-2005 at 08:14 PM.

  21. #21
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by redwizza
    the charatcter of jesus intrigues me....but not much more than the like of him. he was a hippie....sensitive....bastard child....loner. ppl suffered in spiritual and material poverty around him (so did he). his loneliness gave him his intuitive abilities, and his intense need to be loved by someone got him into a great personal depression, and thus when he found the great nothingness he declared that love, care, and faith, are the answers, are the ways to "salvation". he instintanously had fans, listeners, and from that some obsessive followers who realy did not understand the PHSYCHOLOGICAL implications behind his character (after all, this happened more than 2000 years ago, civilizations were at their earliest developemental phase).
    many were very inspired, especially after the way he died. his infamy is mainly not because of his ideas but the way he dies. there are many other VERY SIMILAR examples that i can mention from other religions, that basically thrived because of the sufferings/sacrifice of its founders/devoted followers (eg, imam hussain, the grand son of prophet mohammad. his beheading sealed the deal on the begining of a deep following (shia's))

    jesus, thus, was not a liar per say, because of his desperate need for love, he made himslef believe that - again - love and faith are the answers, and he had to stick to his beliefs and go through the excecution if he wanted to keep this idea of love and fatih going.

    In reality, it was mere desperate hope that he had. his concepts were lovely but it had never really worked in the world. its his own ppl that really are some of the LAST ppl today that follow his virtous/pure ways of life.
    today we have the likes of bush declaring he is a jesus follower when at the same time he is a killer, NON-forgiver and thus does not really have FAITH.

    most christians today (well over 90%) dont ATLEAST try to follow the way of jesus.

    Just read your last sentence again.

  22. #22
    redwizza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    Just read your last sentence again.

    wow. and you could not see that i did it on purpose? is that how weak you are....the only arguments that you can cling on are ones that (I) create for you. peaople like me can control you so easy, you are just lucky im one of the good ones.....the ones that chose natural morality. only ppl like me will save the earth from ppl like you. i am the all powerfull and you dont even know it.

  23. #23
    redwizza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    303
    what is wrong with the last sentence anyways. ok ok sry i narrowed it down so much....i meant 90 percent of chiristians who live in Namerica and europe. the rest are relatively new in the religion evolution. the christians in africa for example will only realise how rediculous the christian cult is when and only when educational prosperity occurs.

  24. #24
    redwizza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    303
    by the way i really dont care coz my biceps are HUGE. i mean WOW i cant even cover a whole bicep with one hand.

  25. #25
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by redwizza
    wow. and you could not see that i did it on purpose? is that how weak you are....the only arguments that you can cling on are ones that (I) create for you. peaople like me can control you so easy, you are just lucky im one of the good ones.....the ones that chose natural morality. only ppl like me will save the earth from ppl like you. i am the all powerfull and you dont even know it.

    You did it to controle me, wow you are amazing.

  26. #26
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    i think there should be a fourth poll option

    In my mind..he's Lord

    I've yet to find evidence to convince me that he was a liar or lunatic

    I've come accross a documentary stating 'proof' that he was not Lord but a prophet...in light of such... i think that should be the fourth option

  27. #27
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    I will change it if I can, even though I dont think it fits logically. Is it possible to add another category still?

  28. #28
    mudslinger's Avatar
    mudslinger is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lehigh Valley Pa.
    Posts
    30
    [QUOTE=Narkissos]
    I've yet to find evidence to convince me that he was a liar or lunatic

    Mark 13:30- I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things happen.

    Jesus was talking about the signs of the end age. And those he told the signs to, are dead and buried. Their generation has passed away, and so did many others.

    Another option 4 the poll should be - (didn't exist), although I believe he did.

  29. #29
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Not even the most liberal biblical scholars would agree that he did not exist. I wanted to place the most logically possible views out there, even though I dont believe that Liar or Lunatic agrees with the New testament evidence that has come to life.

  30. #30
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Prophet.
    the messiah (prophet)

  31. #31
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    No one reply to my question!



    im gonna tell me ma!

  32. #32
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    If God talks to me, and im also his voice, does it makes me a prophet, lord, a lunatic, a crazy mental dude?
    with a guy whose got a goats head on human body , i already take him as a LUNATIC GOAT HEAD ............. and unlikely as a prophet ! , noe u can tell MA i said this to U !

  33. #33
    FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    under some plywood sheets
    Posts
    2,260
    i cant vote liar AND lunatic...

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896
    "none of the above"

    Jesus is a fictional character in a book of nice stories... he never existed.

    Red

  35. #35
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    "none of the above"

    Jesus is a fictional character in a book of nice stories... he never existed.

    Red
    Is that sacrastic tone?

  36. #36
    GREENMACHINE's Avatar
    GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Forty shades of green
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    "none of the above"

    Jesus is a fictional character in a book of nice stories... he never existed.

    Red

    Nice but I disagree.

  37. #37
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Nice but I disagree.
    I disagree with your disagreement, but not in a disagreeable way . . .
    -Tock

  38. #38
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I disagree with your disagreement, but not in a disagreeable way . . .
    -Tock

    Tock, I thought of you when I read this part of an article.

    -Louis D. Whitworth (B.A., Sociology and English, and M.A., English, Dallas Theological Seminary, Th.M., Pastoral Theology, taught English literature and composition at the college level)

    He writes:

    In Romans 1:1-8 Paul wrote that God has given human beings sufficient evidence that He exists. However, some people cannot bear to think that there is an authority or power greater than themselves, especially one that they cannot control and to which they should be subject. We should not be surprised, therefore, when we find that many people often distort the evidence that God has already given them (yet keep demanding more).

    also:

    On the other hand, humble seeker for truth will find that the evidence is indeed sufficient. Why? Because the biblical data, when compared to that offered by other religions or by atheism, is clear enough to show that the God of the Bible really exists and that His warnings should be heeded.

    and finally:

    However we might personally feel about it, God says that He has provided evidence clear enough that every human being is morally responsible to respond to it. The evidence He has provided is sufficient; therefore, He is saddened but not frustrated that many do not respond. Those who choose to ignore His evidence will have to answer to Him and it is not an enviable task--somewhat like arguing with a Judge over a speeding ticket: How can we say we did not see the sign when the Judge himself posted it? How foolish would we be if we tried to argue that we saw the sign but thought it was too small and too quaint to take seriously?

  39. #39
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I disagree with your disagreement, but not in a disagreeable way . . .
    -Tock

    Is this supposed to be a joke?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •