Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Modern Christianity......

Modern Christianity has created a pathetic god who somehow needs our assistance to save the world. Instead of proclaiming the gospel....we go to courses on how to win an argument......same with the mormons, Islam, etc etc. ....... we are supposed to PROCLAIM the gospel.......which is the good news.....the salvation of man......just state the truth......we don't need to beat people over the head.......I mean.......how about less Christian literature and more food for the starving???.......proclaim it by living it......I'm sure every religion could agree on G-d being the source of salvation.......we can move on from there.

books555 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Modern Christianity has created a pathetic god who somehow needs our assistance to save the world. Instead of proclaiming the gospel....we go to courses on how to win an argument......same with the mormons, Islam, etc etc. ....... we are supposed to PROCLAIM the gospel.......which is the good news.....the salvation of man......just state the truth......we don't need to beat people over the head.......I mean.......how about less Christian literature and more food for the starving???.......proclaim it by living it......I'm sure every religion could agree on G-d being the source of salvation.......we can move on from there.

-We need to debate these subjects to seperate the truth. If someone can show me a worldview that logically makes more sense I will believe it.
    -Many people want to know what they believe is rational. Backing up a foundation with evidence can prove that worldview to be probable.
    -The describes this life as a vapor. The gospel is the most important food a person can take in (If true) while this vapor still exist. Hell is eternal seperation from God. If it is even remotely possible that christianity is true, then christs claims need to be throughly examined.

1Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    "THis good news of the kingdom must be preached throughout the inhabited earth, and then the end will come"

I do agree that charitable work such as helping the starving/homeless is beneficial for all, but more important is preaching God's word, which is life saving.

aXe, me and you dont sleep much.

Quote Originally Posted by aXe Leatherdaddy
    "THis good news of the kingdom must be preached throughout the inhabited earth, and then the end will come"

I do agree that charitable work such as helping the starving/homeless is beneficial for all, but more important is preaching God's word, which is life saving.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by books555
    -We need to debate these subjects to seperate the truth. If someone can show me a worldview that logically makes more sense I will believe it.
    -Many people want to know what they believe is rational. Backing up a foundation with evidence can prove that worldview to be probable.
    -The describes this life as a vapor. The gospel is the most important food a person can take in (If true) while this vapor still exist. Hell is eternal seperation from God. If it is even remotely possible that christianity is true, then christs claims need to be throughly examined.

1Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    Yeah....that is the attitude of Christian apologists today......meek and fearful??......they are cocky and full of themselves....puffed up......and everybody tries to emulate these stars.....

What would Christ think of the Gaudy churches of today?????

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    What would Christ think of the Gaudy churches of today?????
    Ridiculous excess......like the fancy dress of the pharisees ....IMO......but then again if that's how people want to spend their money......I would just call them clubs rather than churches......and I would remove the tax exempt status.

But then again it is nice to support true craftsmen......look at the beautiful art in the Catholic churches.......I think the popes treated the artists like dog**** though.
    Hard to find true craftsmen today.......everythings a big rush.....efficiency in everything.....even ones faith.....
    People will always struggle to find meaning in their lives.......

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    No you won't.

Or, more likely, finding new rationalizations to support yesterday's delusions as today's science reveals them to be baseless.
    -Tock

The type of secularization and powerful church was exactly what Christ was against I believe.

Secularization is what the Muslims are against also......that's one of the reasons they hate the west

What's sad is the state of Judaism.....secularized with no prophet, no temple, no sacrifice.......essentially no remnant of what they believed..............
    the religion has been gutted.........

what do you think Mondo?

Thread Information