Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

To max and other religious bros

Im just curious on what made you belive? Was it a gradual thing that grew on to you or was it some kind of event that made your "eyes open" somehow?

Im realy curious and would like to know if its not to personal.

Also to everyone else. Plz refrain from any kind of bashing or ridicule in this thread that isnt the reason I start it.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    ill write my story. though it isnt anything exciting.

i believe that you must believe intellectually and spiritually (with your heart). if you only believe with your heart, then your intellect can persuade your feelings. but if you study the bible, you'll see the answers you were missing were actually there all along. if you only believe with your mind, well you never fully believe, you'll always have doubts.

well, with me, i believe intellectually way before i did with my heart. i had christian influences in my life, mostly my girlfriend, now my wife. i had atheist influences, most of my friends. i had 4 friends that were mormon. and i worked with a jew. some of my family members would 'do the church thing' for show. they acted one way at church but everywhere else, there was no God. and really they didnt go to church all that often anyway. i didnt like that and vowed i would never do that. id either believe and say i believe or not believe and say i dont believe but i would never pretend. i didnt really go to church regularly till my sophmore year in high school and i admit, it wasnt for God. it was for a girl. she was my best friend's cousin and so i went so he could introduce us. it worked, we dated, etc. (she didnt turn out to be my wife btw). that was also the church that spoke in tongues. it wasnt for another 4 years or so that i met my wife. she was a christian. she didnt talk much about it with me. shed ask me to church and such. and i saw her read the bible. shed answer questions if i had them or help me look them up. now, without going into any details, in my military career, i knew things going on, that was classified and the general public didnt know. i saw their reactions to things, but i knew the 'real story' and if the public knew the 'real story' then their reactions would be much different and they would see how wrong they were. this gave me a 'blind trust' in the military. i believed that there must be something i didnt know, to make the military do something i didnt quite go along with. this is really the first time i think god was 'tugging on my heart'. because it really bothered me that i had this blind faith in the us govt, and yet i didnt believe in my heart in a God, though intellectually i knew there had to be. i guess ever so slightly, He was just tugging and making me think more and more. there was never an event that happened that caused me to believe. i had some bad things happen in my life, (daughter died for one), but i didnt want to let that or any other bad thing be the cause of me believing in God. i wanted to be unbiased and truly believe, not because i hoped my daughter was in heaven or etc. unfortunatly, i dont really have feelings.. i am usually happy no matter what and i believe all things happen for a reason and no matter what bad things happen, they happen for good some how, even if you dont see the good in them at the time. i dont get sad very often, or mad, or depressed at all. im content or happy all the time. ive cried 4x in my life. no joke and unfortunate, cuz when i was younger i tried to make myself cry by thinking sad thoughts. bah. but one of those times i did cry was during 'the passion of the christ'. never happened in my life, crying during a movie. but it really got to me. i dont think the movie brought me more towards christianity. i think the movie showed me that i had these feelings already but didnt really notice it. and soon after, i realized i did believe 100% with my heart to match the belief with my mind. i never really disbelieved there was a god but i wasnt a believer. i just was ignorant to everything religious. i cant pinpoint a moment when i can say "at that moment, i became a believer". all of a sudden, i just realized i was one.

Thanks for the input bro.

books555 is offline Senior Member
    I am back. I plan to respond to posts soon. I needed a good break.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Max good story, a girl had a similiar effect on me when I was a kid, she used to be super religious, and I tried to impress her with my religious skills. My sisters and mom also became religious.

I was about 12 years old, I grew up in a Atheistic Communist culture. I used to be very arrogant, and I though I knew everything. I though religion was a joke. One day when I was bored and when the war in Chechnya started heating up, I started reading the Quran, fell in love with it.

And the more I learned about the religion, the more I felt it was to the point, and correct, and perfect for me. It also gave me an emotional satisfaction.

keep the storys comming

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    For me personally I was raised deciently and the parents brought me to meetings and such but I never really paid any attention mostly just slept.

So I always had the influence of God in my life and just knew the truth.
    Ive had many discerning things happen in my life and the interesting part was that every single time I prayed within the next few days I would always be pointed in the right direction or encouraged by faithful people or just sudenly get an urge to read a random scripture in the bible which always ended up somehow relating to that specific problem and helpe or pointed me in the right direction.

It Really wasnt Until a few yrs back that really cemented my beliefs and actual concreate evidence That I infact knew God would always be there to help and physically "felt" his spirit helping me.

I was in a life threatening car accident and basically shouldnt have lived. It took me a whole yr to recover physically. And the mental anguish was sever and at times crippling. I too was like Max and infact never actually cried that often in life over anything. But after that bad experience I cryed almost everyday. The emotional pain prevented me from even doing everyday things.

This is when I turned to Jehovah God for help I prayed everytime it felt like I couldnt take it and had very many thoughts of suicide just to try and end the pain.
    I started praying to God when I felt the immense emotional distress for help on what to and how to deal with everything. It was a very long process But God never let me down every single time I prayed for help almost immediatley I would have a sense of relaxation come over my body and I would feel assured to keep going on and that eventually things would get better.

Im not sure exactly how to decribe it but I could actually feel a connection during prayer and have ever since then. Everytime I pray to Jehovah God I find tears come to my eyes and the same kind of actual connection being made Its like a warming calm sense and If I had to choose one word, LOVE would be the best possible word to decribe it.

zOaib is offline VET
    THIS IS THE STORY OF the zOaib

being raised in a christian home , my dad being very religious and mom moderate , went to church now n then , but when i turned 18 i really started getting into religion , i was reading about budhism , confucianism , parsee , hinduism etc ..... parallel to christianity , and mostly the other religions started me thinking about lot many things , but nothign seem to hold ground , and for about a year i took a break form all the learning process , i just wasnt getting impressed spiritually , parents were actually parsees , who moved out of persia and spread to different parts of the world long ago , not many of us anyways , i guess my grandfather became christian , and so did his son and then me .......... being born here , i dont know much about my own roots cause we dont have a country to relate to just historical facts ................anyways during that 1 year time in college i used to hang out with some muslim guys with whom i used to smoke up ! and we used to have discussion , about various things although i wouldnt consider them full practicing muslims , but one of them gave me the QURAN , and told me he will only give it to me if i will surely read it , i browsed through first few pages and saw it was a lot like the bible , so kinda made me click to read more , and so i kept it and told him ill let him know what i think about this book ............. after 4 months of reading it only quarter part of it , i felt different , very different and i started seeing things in a whole diff. perspective altogether ............. being 22 at this time i started visitng the local mosque and listening to what went on there ............ learning more n more at age 24 i declared SHAHADA (i testified ) to saying " there is no God but Allah alone , and Muhammed (pbuh) is his messenger" .................. did it in a mosque and that was the moment i felt like NEW ................. and from that day to today life just keeps getting better (alhamdulillah) cant complain but just be thankful all the way .

ps. Parsees r ppl who worship the fire (just incase u guys didnt know)

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    For me personally I was raised deciently and the parents brought me to meetings and such but I never really paid any attention mostly just slept.

So I always had the influence of God in my life and just knew the truth.
    Ive had many discerning things happen in my life and the interesting part was that every single time I prayed within the next few days I would always be pointed in the right direction or encouraged by faithful people or just sudenly get an urge to read a random scripture in the bible which always ended up somehow relating to that specific problem and helpe or pointed me in the right direction.

It Really wasnt Until a few yrs back that really cemented my beliefs and actual concreate evidence That I infact knew God would always be there to help and physically "felt" his spirit helping me.

I was in a life threatening car accident and basically shouldnt have lived. It took me a whole yr to recover physically. And the mental anguish was sever and at times crippling. I too was like Max and infact never actually cried that often in life over anything. But after that bad experience I cryed almost everyday. The emotional pain prevented me from even doing everyday things.

This is when I turned to Jehovah God for help I prayed everytime it felt like I couldnt take it and had very many thoughts of suicide just to try and end the pain.
    I started praying to God when I felt the immense emotional distress for help on what to and how to deal with everything. It was a very long process But God never let me down every single time I prayed for help almost immediatley I would have a sense of relaxation come over my body and I would feel assured to keep going on and that eventually things would get better.

Im not sure exactly how to decribe it but I could actually feel a connection during prayer and have ever since then. Everytime I pray to Jehovah God I find tears come to my eyes and the same kind of actual connection being made Its like a warming calm sense and If I had to choose one word, LOVE would be the best possible word to decribe it.
    You are a jehovah witness? baptised?

Thread Information