Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
  1. #1
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399

    New pope has been elected...

    in a few minutes we ll know who it is...

    I hope it ll be someone from Middle or Southamerica and not from Europe.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr19.html

  2. #2
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    in a few minutes we ll know who it is...

    I hope it ll be someone from Middle or Southamerica and not from Europe.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr19.html
    Its going to be a German.

  3. #3
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Joseph Ratzinger the new Pope used to be a member of the Hilter Youth when he was a teenager.

  4. #4
    Sta11ion's Avatar
    Sta11ion is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Toronto 5days Miami 2days
    Posts
    731
    This guy is already 78 years old,

  5. #5
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Panzer Pope!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Panzer Pope!!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    GERMANY IN THE HOUSE! German American here!

  8. #8
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    im glad this guy won. the other guy seemed like he was a diplomat than a leader of the faith. this german dude is more strict as it should be. i think the other guy was way to lenient.

  9. #9
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Joseph Ratzinger the new Pope used to be a member of the Hilter Youth when he was a teenager.
    Not only that . . . up until today, he's been the #1 guy in what used to be called "The Inquisition," the part of the Catholic Church that tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of people for not living the way a "Christian" should.
    Ya, the Inquisition changed its name in the 1870's to something like "The Holy Congregation for the (something) of the Faith." Had something to do with PR, wanting to keep its thumb on doctrinal purity while distancing itself from all the wretched violence it is guilty of.

    -Tock

  10. #10
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Not only that . . . up until today, he's been the #1 guy in what used to be called "The Inquisition," the part of the Catholic Church that tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of people for not living the way a "Christian" should.
    Ya, the Inquisition changed its name in the 1870's to something like "The Holy Congregation for the (something) of the Faith." Had something to do with PR, wanting to keep its thumb on doctrinal purity while distancing itself from all the wretched violence it is guilty of.

    -Tock
    Sounds thugged out, I like it. Even though I think catholosism and christianity are a joke.

  11. #11
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    I hope it is the balck guy so every body gets in a uproar over it and balck people throw a party, LOL

  12. #12
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I hope it is the balck guy so every body gets in a uproar over it and balck people throw a party, LOL
    duhhhhhh, he is already picked. Read every single post in this thread.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    "Vatican Idol" is over, and I didn't even get to Text in my vote...

  14. #14
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    duhhhhhh, he is already picked. Read every single post in this thread.
    you know what! Nobody likes you

  15. #15
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Not only that . . . up until today, he's been the #1 guy in what used to be called "The Inquisition," the part of the Catholic Church that tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of people for not living the way a "Christian" should.
    Ya, the Inquisition changed its name in the 1870's to something like "The Holy Congregation for the (something) of the Faith." Had something to do with PR, wanting to keep its thumb on doctrinal purity while distancing itself from all the wretched violence it is guilty of.

    -Tock
    aaaaaah, cmon tock, u know I appreciate ur postings but this one...cheap. u know better than anybody else that there hasn t been a real inquisition since the 18th century...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Joseph Ratzinger the new Pope used to be a member of the Hilter Youth when he was a teenager.
    Of course you forget to mention he got KICKED OUT of the hitler youth when he announced he was joining the seminary to become a priest...

    He also deserted the german army during the war when he saw what was going on.

    Red

  17. #17
    indica2 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Joseph Ratzinger the new Pope used to be a member of the Hilter Youth when he was a teenager.

    Show me a german that during the 30s wasnt member of hitler jugend or something. We can hold someone responsible for that 50years later.

    The people that should be hung on a pole are Swedish people and other countries that joined the naziparty. Like IKEA boss Ingvar Kamprad and others. They made a personal choice which is more then you can say about people in nazigermany...they had no choice.

  18. #18
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    i read the africans (blacks) and latin members of the church are not happy with the election of another european pope ................. how about a black pope , where is the universalisim in catholics ????

  19. #19
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    i dont agree with appointing people that arent as qualified just because of race for example. Now, i dont know how many black cardinals there are. i dont know how one becomes a cardinal and a pope, etc. but from what ive seen on tv, i dont see many black cardinals. but the fact may be there are a lot fewer blacks in that part of the catholic church. that may or may not be something the church can help. i honestly expect a european pope almost everytime. but im ignorant on the subject of 'higher ups in the catholic church and how they are voted in'. i dont see color. a black pope to me is the same as a white pope. but i dont like when people get upset like "why hasnt there been a black pope!!??" when honestly, there may not have been a black pope qualified. and that doesnt mean there is discrimination. it just mean exactly that there hasnt been a black man qualified as a pope yet.

  20. #20
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    i dont agree with appointing people that arent as qualified just because of race for example. Now, i dont know how many black cardinals there are. i dont know how one becomes a cardinal and a pope, etc. but from what ive seen on tv, i dont see many black cardinals. but the fact may be there are a lot fewer blacks in that part of the catholic church. that may or may not be something the church can help. i honestly expect a european pope almost everytime. but im ignorant on the subject of 'higher ups in the catholic church and how they are voted in'. i dont see color. a black pope to me is the same as a white pope. but i dont like when people get upset like "why hasnt there been a black pope!!??" when honestly, there may not have been a black pope qualified. and that doesnt mean there is discrimination. it just mean exactly that there hasnt been a black man qualified as a pope yet.
    qualified as to whose standards , having no balck cardinals is pretty self explanatory , my criticism is based on the point that each cardinal in the catholic church is educated and progressed by the church then why dont they have a variety of cardinals would make more sense if u have many multiligual and racial cardinals , much more image to the church and shows people that this religon is not only for the white man ...............

  21. #21
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Not only that . . . up until today, he's been the #1 guy in what used to be called "The Inquisition," the part of the Catholic Church that tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of people for not living the way a "Christian" should.
    Ya, the Inquisition changed its name in the 1870's to something like "The Holy Congregation for the (something) of the Faith." Had something to do with PR, wanting to keep its thumb on doctrinal purity while distancing itself from all the wretched violence it is guilty of.

    -Tock
    Tock acctualy the inquisition was probably the most fair trial in that time period. Do some search on it and compere it to other lawcourts of that time. Compered numbers of witches burned by regular judges and those burned by the inquisition judges for instance.

    We cant compere the inquisition with todays legal system. We have to compere it with others of that time period

  22. #22
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    qualified as to whose standards , having no balck cardinals is pretty self explanatory , my criticism is based on the point that each cardinal in the catholic church is educated and progressed by the church then why dont they have a variety of cardinals would make more sense if u have many multiligual and racial cardinals , much more image to the church and shows people that this religon is not only for the white man ...............
    like i said, i dont know anything about how one goes from priest to bishop to cardinal to pope. im just saying for those who are asking "why no black popes", dont make it a racist thing unless they know its a racist thing. i would imagine those complaining probably are saying 'racist' without knowing. i would be much more likely to believe it racist if it were actual black priests, bishops, and cardinals in the church that say they personally had a right to be 'promoted' and were passed up for no reason and the only logical reason is because of color. but i havnt heard any of that. so that leads me to personally believe its not a racist thing.

  23. #23
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Tock acctualy the inquisition was probably the most fair trial in that time period. Do some search on it and compere it to other lawcourts of that time. Compered numbers of witches burned by regular judges and those burned by the inquisition judges for instance.

    We cant compere the inquisition with todays legal system. We have to compere it with others of that time period

    As I recall, the Islamic countries around that time (1300 - 1700) were pretty good regarding justice & legal systems. Back then, Jews lived in harmony with Muslims, and were pretty much free to worship as they liked.
    But in a lot of the European countries, things were set up so that
    one person could accuse his neighbor of not washing his laundry on the Jewish sabbath (ya, back then if you didn't work on the Jewish sabbath, you could be convicted of practicing Judaism, and if you had been a Christian, that would be proof of heresy), then the Inquisition would arrest the alleged heretic. They wouldn't inform the victim of the charges against him, but would tell him to "Confess!" Usually the fellow would insist he was innocent of any wrongdoing, but that would only lead the Inquisitors to resort to various tortures to get him to confess. Then, while his hands were tied behind his back and his body lifted 12 feet in the air and then bounced up and down a few times, the poor fellow would recite a long list of real and imaginary "offenses." Then he was either publicly humiliated, and his family's property confiscated (half went to the king, the other half to the church), or burned alive at a mass Auto-de-fe, where attendance was bolstered by the church's promises of "spiritual blessings" for all who witnessed the slaughter.


    Well, maybe this sort of justice is the best anyone had in Europe at the time, but it sure does show what can happen when religious lunatics get control of the judicial system.

    JMHO,

    -Tock

  24. #24
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    aaaaaah, cmon tock, u know I appreciate ur postings but this one...cheap. u know better than anybody else that there hasn t been a real inquisition since the 18th century...
    They've had plenty of 'em, but they've been of a different nature.

    Nowadays, according to Article 48 of the Apostolic Constitution on the Roman Curia, Pastor Bonus, promulgated by Quick Facts about: Pope John Paul II on June 28, 1988: "the duty proper to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is to promote and safeguard the doctrine on the faith and morals throughout the Catholic world: for this reason everything which in any way touches such matter falls within its competence."
    http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc..._the_Faith.htm


    The only real difference between this and what they used to do is that secular governments don't co-operate with the church to punish people for heresy -- at least, not the way they used to. But if the Church could imprison heretics, I'm sure it would.


    Here's an interesting BTW . ..

    In 1858, just a few years before the US Civil War, Pope Pius IX had the Church Police kidnap a child from his Jewish parents for religious reasons -- seems a Catholic had baptized the kid, and under Catholic law, Jews could not raise Christian children. Story at
    http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc...do_Mortara.htm

    A few years ago, the Inquisition issued a paper weighing in against homosexuality; and if they had their way, secular governments would have to establish laws against gays and lesbians. I'm glad that they don't.


    So, Cheap Shot? No, not really. Just my opinion on an institution that wants to make life difficult for those who don't comply with its religious teachings.

    -Tock

  25. #25
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    As I recall, the Islamic countries around that time (1300 - 1700) were pretty good regarding justice & legal systems. Back then, Jews lived in harmony with Muslims, and were pretty much free to worship as they liked.
    But in a lot of the European countries, things were set up so that
    one person could accuse his neighbor of not washing his laundry on the Jewish sabbath (ya, back then if you didn't work on the Jewish sabbath, you could be convicted of practicing Judaism, and if you had been a Christian, that would be proof of heresy), then the Inquisition would arrest the alleged heretic. They wouldn't inform the victim of the charges against him, but would tell him to "Confess!" Usually the fellow would insist he was innocent of any wrongdoing, but that would only lead the Inquisitors to resort to various tortures to get him to confess. Then, while his hands were tied behind his back and his body lifted 12 feet in the air and then bounced up and down a few times, the poor fellow would recite a long list of real and imaginary "offenses." Then he was either publicly humiliated, and his family's property confiscated (half went to the king, the other half to the church), or burned alive at a mass Auto-de-fe, where attendance was bolstered by the church's promises of "spiritual blessings" for all who witnessed the slaughter.


    Well, maybe this sort of justice is the best anyone had in Europe at the time, but it sure does show what can happen when religious lunatics get control of the judicial system.

    JMHO,

    -Tock

    -Atheism has killed more in the name of its philosophy than christianity and all other world religions combined. The terrible things those people did in the name of christianity absolutly contradicted what Christ taught, therefor we cannot blame the christian philosophy for those atrocities. But, Atheism logically agrees with the atrocities done at Nazi Germany
    -You dont know what you are talking.
    -I believe you hate christianity because it scares you, what if it is true?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    991
    I was trying to figure this out in class when the pope got elected....What does a pope do?

  27. #27
    ***xxx***'s Avatar
    ***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    2,399
    I think it should have been a plack pope or a pope from south america, cause most of the catholics live in those countries.

    the only reason I see for this German pope is that the church wants to become stronger in Europe again and hold Europe together. with dimishing social structures, more poverty and globalization a lot of ppl feel the need to recollect on former values and traditions.

    @ massacre: the pope is the spiritual leader of the catholic church, he s running the smallest country of the world, the Vatican and his decisions areaffecting ober a billions follower...u as a cuban catholic should know this

  28. #28
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    As I recall, the Islamic countries around that time (1300 - 1700) were pretty good regarding justice & legal systems. Back then, Jews lived in harmony with Muslims, and were pretty much free to worship as they liked.
    But in a lot of the European countries, things were set up so that
    one person could accuse his neighbor of not washing his laundry on the Jewish sabbath (ya, back then if you didn't work on the Jewish sabbath, you could be convicted of practicing Judaism, and if you had been a Christian, that would be proof of heresy), then the Inquisition would arrest the alleged heretic. They wouldn't inform the victim of the charges against him, but would tell him to "Confess!" Usually the fellow would insist he was innocent of any wrongdoing, but that would only lead the Inquisitors to resort to various tortures to get him to confess. Then, while his hands were tied behind his back and his body lifted 12 feet in the air and then bounced up and down a few times, the poor fellow would recite a long list of real and imaginary "offenses." Then he was either publicly humiliated, and his family's property confiscated (half went to the king, the other half to the church), or burned alive at a mass Auto-de-fe, where attendance was bolstered by the church's promises of "spiritual blessings" for all who witnessed the slaughter.


    Well, maybe this sort of justice is the best anyone had in Europe at the time, but it sure does show what can happen when religious lunatics get control of the judicial system.

    JMHO,

    -Tock
    I read a BIG article about the inquisition in a swedish science mag and realy they did use those methos, But not very often. If a person got accuses he could present his case and have witnesses ect. It was more fair then we think. The most comon punishemnt for comon people was that they had to wear something(cant remember what it was)for a certain period of time as humiliation and when the sentance time was over that piece of clothe was hung upp in the church so no one forgets the town had a sinner.

  29. #29
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    but i dont like when people get upset like "why hasnt there been a black pope!!??".
    There have been 3 Pope's from Africa, North Africa. I dont know if they were Sub-Saharan African, but they could have been.


    http://www.nbccongress.org/black-cat...ican-popes.asp

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    I think it should have been a plack pope or a pope from south america, cause most of the catholics live in those countries.

    the only reason I see for this German pope is that the church wants to become stronger in Europe again and hold Europe together. with dimishing social structures, more poverty and globalization a lot of ppl feel the need to recollect on former values and traditions.

    @ massacre: the pope is the spiritual leader of the catholic church, he s running the smallest country of the world, the Vatican and his decisions areaffecting ober a billions follower...u as a cuban catholic should know this
    I don't know ****!

  31. #31
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Sounds thugged out, I like it. Even though I think catholosism and christianity are a joke.

    Really, what is your worldview?

  32. #32
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    I believe you hate christianity because it scares you, what if it is true?
    Shades of Blaise Pascal! Do we have to go through this "Religion of Fear" and "Pascal's Wager" thing again?
    -Tock

  33. #33
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    -Atheism has killed more in the name of its philosophy than christianity and all other world religions combined.
    I don't think so.
    -Tock

  34. #34
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I read a BIG article about the inquisition in a swedish science mag and realy they did use those methos, But not very often. If a person got accuses he could present his case and have witnesses ect. It was more fair then we think.
    Was the article about the Inquisition in Scandanavia, or Spain, or in general? I've read that the Inquisitors weren't all that cruel in northern Europe, and they didn't have much going on in England at all (but later, the Protestants had witch hunts and witch burnings) . . . but in Spain and Portugal and parts of France and the Americas, they were pretty nasty.





    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    The most comon punishemnt for comon people was that they had to wear something(cant remember what it was)for a certain period of time as humiliation and when the sentance time was over that piece of clothe was hung upp in the church so no one forgets the town had a sinner.
    If they were going to be burnt at the auto-de-fe, they were usually dressed up in a white robe and made to wear a sort of dunce cap (shaped like a tall cone). I forget what they were called . . . maybe they had the lesser offenders wear a similar get-up.

    -Tock

  35. #35
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Shades of Blaise Pascal! Do we have to go through this "Religion of Fear" and "Pascal's Wager" thing again?
    -Tock

    Yeah lets do it, I dont remember talking about it.

  36. #36
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I don't think so.
    -Tock


    Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1934-39) more than13,000,000 (the purges)
    Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) more than 12,000,000 (concentration camps and civilians WWII)

    More than all other religions put together.

  37. #37
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    hitler thought of himself as a christian books. so those crimes wherent made by a atheist

  38. #38
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Was the article about the Inquisition in Scandanavia, or Spain, or in general? I've read that the Inquisitors weren't all that cruel in northern Europe, and they didn't have much going on in England at all (but later, the Protestants had witch hunts and witch burnings) . . . but in Spain and Portugal and parts of France and the Americas, they were pretty nasty.
    it was about the inqusition in general. The compered the spain catholic inquisition with the regular lawcourt in spain and it turned out the regular lawcourt was much more horrible and gave the prosecuted less chanse to defend himself. **** I wish I could paste the article here it was a very nice read and suprised me a bit.




    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    If they were going to be burnt at the auto-de-fe, they were usually dressed up in a white robe and made to wear a sort of dunce cap (shaped like a tall cone). I forget what they were called . . . maybe they had the lesser offenders wear a similar get-up.
    -Tock
    Sounds like it was something familiar yeah. It was mostly for the comoners. Like if a person cursed in church and similar things.

    The more influencial people like scienticst where I guess punished much harder.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) more than 12,000,000 (concentration camps and civilians WWII)
    Hitler was a christian...

    My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

    -Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)



    And a few quotes from Mein Kampf


    Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise.

    In the ranks of the movement [National Socialist movement], the most devout Protestant could sit beside the most devout Catholic, without coming into the slightest conflict with his religious convictions. The mighty common struggle which both carried on against the destroyer of Aryan humanity had, on the contrary, taught them mutually to respect and esteem one another.

    As long as leadership from above was not lacking, the people fulfilled their duty and obligation overwhelmingly. Whether Protestant pastor or Catholic priest, both together and particularly at the first flare, there really existed in both camps but a single holy German Reich, for whose existence and future each man turned to his own heaven.

    For the political leader the religious doctrines and institutions of his people must always remain inviolable; or else has no right to be in politics, but should become a reformer, if he has what it takes!

    Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time

    What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe.

    The greatness of Christianity did not lie in attempted negotiations for compromise with any similar philosophical opinions in the ancient world, but in its inexorable fanaticism in preaching and fighting for its own doctrine.




    Have a look at a few interesting pictures... http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

    Hitler may not fit your definition of a "christian", but an atheist he wasn't, nor was the nazi party.

    Red

  40. #40
    Pump101's Avatar
    Pump101 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    125
    interesting pictures,,, does anyone have any pics of the new pope in his Nazi attire ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •