Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Fair weather Amerikans

Just goes to show how the avaerage Joe Public doesn't have a clue with respect to war or geopolitics.....and that is partly our presidents fault......glossing over the hard facts

Poll: Most in U.S. say Iraq war not worthwhile

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A majority of Americans do not believe it was worth going to war in Iraq, a national poll reported Tuesday.

Fifty-seven percent of those polled said they did not believe it was worth going to war, versus 41 percent who said it was, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,006 adults.

That was a drop in support from February, when 48 percent said it was worth going to war and half said it was not.

It's also the highest percentage of respondents who have expressed those feelings and triple the percentage of Americans who said that it was not worth the cost shortly after the war began about two years ago.

The new poll question, asked by telephone on April 29-May 1, had a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

Asked how things are going for the United States in Iraq, 56 percent said "badly" or "very badly," up from 45 percent in March.

Forty-two percent said "well" or "very well," down from 52 percent in March.

The margin of error for that question was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Americans appeared evenly divided over whether the decision to send U.S. troops to Iraq was a mistake, with 49 percent saying yes and 48 percent saying no. The sampling error was plus or minus 5 points.

Early Tuesday, the U.S. military found the body of a pilot from one of two missing Marine Corps F/A-18 jets that Navy officials believe collided while flying in operations in Iraq. (Full story)

The number of U.S. troops who have died in the Iraq war stands at 1,587, according to the military.

A poll conducted in February showed that the January 30 Iraqi elections produced a bump in President Bush's approval rating. In that poll, 55 percent of Americans said the Iraq war was not a mistake. (Full story)

Political negotiations since then have delayed the formation of a new government.

But on Tuesday, Iraqi politicians were putting the finishing touches on the nation's new Cabinet, with Shiite Arab leader Ibrahim al-Jaafari sworn in as prime minister.

More than 100 Iraqis, most of them security forces and civilians, have died in insurgent attacks since last Thursday, when Iraq's transitional National Assembly approved a partial Cabinet list.

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    well i was there twice and my wife is there now, and we can't see a good enough reason for us to be there.

Makes us citizens that were against the war look smarter and smarter.......guess we weren't "unAmerican" after all........we all knew GW is like an attorney.....lies every time his lips move!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The majority voted for the guy so suck it up. What more can you really say about it?

I say we need more parties to really represent America......that's what I say.

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Makes us citizens that were against the war look smarter and smarter.......guess we weren't "unAmerican" after all........we all knew GW is like an attorney.....lies every time his lips move!
    No your the same dumbass traitor you were yesterday.
    Since WE Americans voted, and elected our president, Id say get over it. Move on, get a life, reed a book, get a job, find a girl and bust your cherry. There are all manner of things you can do with your life other than whining like a little girl all day.

I hope I had no spelling mistakes, I know how you hate that.......
    Last edited by singern; 05-04-2005 at 10:09 AM.

No, I just hate you wanting to kiss my ass.......you ARE a sicko

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Blah blah blah...I hate America...

There, I will just keep posting this so that people can skip these threads. That's all that's in them.....

JC

and by the way......it's spelled.....you're.......contraction between you and are......and reed is spelled read......unless you're Moses.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I dunno if that is the greatest way to go. We have that in CDA and it really offers sweet f*ck all in a 'first past the post' voting system.

I say we need more parties to really represent America......that's what I say.

Well, if we want the power elite to continue sending our kids off to silly wars and squandering our tax dollars........continue on with the dem-rep system......maybe a big fat depression will wake everybody up enough to take out their i-pod earphones and see what's going on......China is becoming the industrial giant we once were. So let our kids continue to shuffle papers and listen to Eninem......we are on the downhill side of a slippery slope.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Well, if we want the power elite to continue sending our kids off to silly wars and squandering our tax dollars........continue on with the dem-rep system......maybe a big fat depression will wake everybody up enough to take out their i-pod earphones and see what's going on......China is becoming the industrial giant we once were. So let our kids continue to shuffle papers and listen to Eninem......we are on the downhill side of a slippery slope.

Silly war I know people who fight in that war you ****. They say over all it is worth it. Yeah people are going to die, it's war. Sadam is a no good for nothing sorry matha ****a.

9/11 remeber that shit before you open your mouth smart man.

So we all dont have to laugh at you

Yeah.....911 had a lot to do with Saddam.....and all those WMD.......

911 was caused by our own snare

1)training the terrorist Bin Laden
    2)training foreign operatives as pilots
    3)continued military presence in Saudi Arabia in spite of it being holy land to Islamic beliefs

We all just laugh at you while the public support for the war drops off the map......

And you think the Kurds and Shias are better suited to run the gov????.......one radical tribe to replace another.......let me laugh at you some more.........

And I know people fighting over there too.......military was their only option since they were too dumb to go to college........sad, but true

alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah.....911 had a lot to do with Saddam.....and all those WMD.......

911 was caused by our own snare

1)training the terrorist Bin Laden
    2)training foreign operatives as pilots
    3)continued military presence in Saudi Arabia in spite of it being holy land to Islamic beliefs

We all just laugh at you while the public support for the war drops off the map......

And you think the Kurds and Shias are better suited to run the gov????.......one radical tribe to replace another.......let me laugh at you some more.........

And I know people fighting over there too.......military was their only option since they were too dumb to go to college........sad, but true
    RIGHT ON!

alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    You're scaring me...... I'm leaving.

Thread Information