Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned

Soccer Star Ronaldo visits Palestianian Kids.

To be honest, it was chaos.

But then what do you expect when you invite one of the world's most famous footballers to a place most people judge too dangerous to visit?

Ramallah has known its fair share of misery. Israeli raids were frequent during the height of the Palestinian uprising.

While Yasser Arafat was alive he was besieged in his compound in the town by the Israeli army.

But on Monday, Ramallah welcomed a superstar.

"We're in ecstasy," one boy dressed in the Palestinian national football strip told me. "We never thought he'd come here."

And everywhere Ronaldo went, he was mobbed.

Goodwill ambassador

At times the security forces couldn't hold back the hundreds who wanted to see the star. He was jostled from location to location, shoved into his armoured vehicle, often lost in a sea of shouting supporters.

Ronaldo is a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations. He was invited to Ramallah to visit UN youth and anti-poverty projects.

He also opened a new centre for disadvantaged youth - now named after him - in the town.

"I only wanted to say how happy I am to be making this visit and how proud I am to see everybody so happy around me." You could barely hear him for the chanting crowd.

"I thank you for this marvellous reception and I hope to return many more times, always on a mission of peace."

"I promise to talk about the Palestinian people when I go back to Brazil," he added.

Brush with stardom

Outside, after he'd moved on, surrounded by police, sirens, dust and cheering, smiling crowds, I bumped into a group of excited teenagers.

Kifeh, who is 15, had travelled through the West Bank checkpoints from his home in Hebron to be here.

He told me he and his friends watch Ronaldo play for the Spanish side Real Madrid every time matches are on TV.

"We love Ronaldo very much. We are happy that Ronaldo came here to help the poor Palestinian people and we love him."

For the people this was a brush with stardom. During four long years of the uprising they have been all but cut off from the world.

'Out of hand'

The only chance of seeing a man like Ronaldo was on TV. On Monday, he came to them.

At times he came closer to the fans than he may have liked, and presumably closer than the organisers planned.

Often his words were lost. He was so besieged by fans that he barely got to talk to reporters, to spell out the UN's message on Palestinian poverty.

The UN says around two-thirds of all Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip live on less than $2 a day.

There was little mention of that. Perhaps in retrospect the visit got out of hand. Simply too many people wanted to see Ronaldo, and there were too few security staff on hand to stop them surging towards him.

But that was just an expression of how excited people were to see him.

On Monday - just for a moment - the people of Ramallah forgot their situation, their tough lives.

They will not however forget this day for a long time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4553627.stm

Finally some happiness in the kids lives, I am suprised Israeli authorities let him in.

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    Brazil!!!

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    It can only get better for them, but they
    have to want it, even with neighbors.
    For the children....

Would Arafat had allowed this meeting....

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Im not surpised Israel let him in.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    "Finally some happiness in the kids lives, I am suprised Israeli authorities let him in."

I'm surprised they let him in too. Not because he's a security threat to the Israeli state, but for his own protection from Hamas murderers. He took a huge risk to his own safety to bring joy to the palestinian children. I'm glad he made it out alive.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    good move from ronalado it will give a little hope for those poor supresssed palestinian kids surrounded by the evil "israeli" mashine , but I dont think those children will have a chance to live peacefully in the presence of a war criminal like sharon, we are resposible to, we cant sit like this and just say sharon is evil and death to "israel" we have to do something , work harder to challange this status quo and break it.Plus bush when he said that sharon is a "man of peace" is like saying sharon is a handsome young fit guy.
    Last edited by MilitiaGuy; 05-17-2005 at 03:32 AM.

Whats your views on the Palestinian population of Lebanon M'guy?. Would you be in favour of giving them equal status with Lebanese people, given that alot of them have been born on Lebanese soil. And why are they imprisioned in refugee camps (still)? What are the Lebanese people afraid of?. Are you afraid of a return of Palestinian terror against the Lebanese people again?.

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    a little hope for those poor supresssed palestinian kids surrounded by the evil "israeli" mashine , .
    Hold on there Militaguy AKA Hasan-Uana-my-Dickem,
    You are talking about the same kids being sent out by there own parents to kill and die. The same children watching TV shows on how to murder and go to heaven to receive sex from hairy woman. The same kids being recruited by terror groups just like your own hezbala.

Yes it is certainly time these kids got to be just kids, instead of being ammunition for Godless terrorists.

So you can take this perverted, misguided, and truly ignorant post, and give it to Nasrala the president of NAMBLA.

Last edited by singern; 05-17-2005 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    You are talking about the same kids being sent out by there own parents to kill and die. The same children watching TV shows on how to murder and go to heaven to receive sex from hairy woman. The same kids being recruited by terror groups just like your own hezbala.

Yes it is certainly time these kids got to be just kids, instead of being ammunition for Godless terrorists.

So you can take this perverted, misguided, and truly ignorant post, and give it to Nasrala the president of NAMBLA.

Excellent reply Singern. Never a true're word spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    Plus bush when he said that sharon is a "man of peace" is like saying sharon is a handsome young fit guy.

Israel doesnt want happiness for the Palestianian kids, they want to make their lives miserable, so I am sure, Ronaldo snuck in somehow, that is the only way they would let him in.

The more people or politicans visit Palestine, they more they will realize that the Palestianians are the victims of Israeli brutality.

You should have used your WillPower name when you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN

Thatís fking hilarious, a fudge packing Islamist is trying to make fun of me....

It is the truth.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

You mean like you and RockSolid?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    You mean like you and RockSolid?

Mud Racing stars will not be welcome by Palestianian kids, sorry.

If you tell them first prize is seventy-bearded woman at the finish line, they will line up from Gaza to Bumble-fuk Egypt.

Last edited by singern; 05-17-2005 at 12:07 PM.

This thread is getting hilarious now!.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    This thread is getting hilarious now!.

Itís just so easy, when they are so very stupid....

Itís just so easy, when they are so very stupid....

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Come one now,

You know that I'm your Hero......

Come sit in my lap young man, and I'll make you feel better.....

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff signern

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Good stuff signern

Thanks UL
    Ill let you in on my secret, all you need is the ability to distinguish right from wrong, an open mind to differing cultures, and a healthy sense of humor. The rest is pure satisfaction from taking out the trash.

Now you too can take any religious fanatic, extremist, criminal, or your run of the mill idiot. Chew him up, spit him out, and flush. Itís just that simple.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

Thanks UL
    Ill let you in on my secret, all you need is the ability to distinguish right from wrong, an open mind to differing cultures, and a healthy sense of humor. The rest is pure satisfaction from taking out the trash.

Now you too can take any religious fanatic, extremist, criminal, or your run of the mill idiot. Chew him up, spit him out, and flush. Itís just that simple.

highly effective
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soccer Star Ronaldo visits Palestianian Kids.-bullshiting.jpg  

It works great on terrorists, perverts, criminals, and idiots everytime.

Thread Information