Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

The AR book club

This might sound silly but What about starting a AR book club lol. Each month one of us in the club pics a book we all should read concering religion(or maby politics to but religion seems more fun) and then we discuss it by the end of the month in this forum.

Now I feel like a geek but it could be a realy fun idea. Anyone interested in the idea? Would be informative as hell and a nice way to get all view on any particular book since we have people of different belifes here.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Johan, i didnt know you read. Im impressed.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    gr8 idea

but i think it if were like this: 1month religion , 1 month diet book , 1 month training , 1 month steroid book it would be a lot more intresting
    what do u think????
    (sorry to hijack ur idea tho )

lol I think it would be better to have a book club in each forum.
    Thats a cool idea by the way, depends on how many is interested in the other forums.

btw hijack all you want

hey we should send this to brian

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Johan, i didnt know you read. Im impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    hey we should send this to brian
    Lets first se how many is interested in this forum

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by johan

Kidding. Your idea sounds good.

singern is offline Banned

Im in

Sounds great.
    I may be the last person to read it but I just finished "the Da vinci code" Although its fiction for the most part I would love to start with this one.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I bought a book for Nixon called "seize the moment" I will start reading it when I have time, I already finish Henry kissinger book " does america need a foreign policy" and I made its review its posted her in this forum.
    I am reading now an arabic book the translation of the title is " Hezbollah the new Salah el din" but I think you dont care about it.
    I am french educated so most of the books I read are french I am new to the english thing.

There is a book called "Bible's codes" its banned her anyone read it ?

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    im interrested. i do think it should be forum related though since some in this forum dont do steroids , or etc etc.

militiaguy, ive looked at bible codes at the store but never read it through. the thing about bible codes is that you can do it with any good sized book which to me, totally blows away the bible code theory. i saw it done with the book moby dick the exact same way. i admit its pretty crazy. but its just a matter of having enough words/pages and you can find it.

we should get a list of people willing to do this that have good intentions on actually doing it. and those people every month will choose the book. either we can go down a line of people and each person picks a book, or we can all put up a poll with books and vote on the book by interrest.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    it's a good idea. but I already have a stack of books I'm working on. If you all decide on a good book I'll try and fit it in though.

my problem is we dont have all the english books our libraries are over filled with french books

books555 is offline Senior Member
    Im in.

they should be pdf's so every1 can read em just a thot.....

pdf are a bit to hard to read imo. But most books can probably be found with the p2p programs.

I like max idea of having a list of people deciding what books to read. I think a vote would be the best idea.

Miltia I dont think it would be a problem reading the book we choose in french? I will probably read most of them in swedish I guess.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Can I pick the first one?

May I suggest a classic. Shaved Volume 19. Page 27 is magnificent. Let's discuss.

Really though...great idea Johan.

How would we put togheter a list of people who has good intentions and will participate activly. Obviously it would be pointless to let anyone vote on the books since we cant be sure everyone will read.

Here is the people that I can think of right now(no offence if I forget someone). If they want to participate. Mostly the most active in this forum.

Myself offcourse
    Max2
    Tock
    Hooker
    Zoaib
    Causasian
    Militia
    Books555

Also since we would need to cover a whole range of topics on each book maby we should try to convince a supermod to give us a bookclub subforum if enough people want to get this started.
    Otherwise the religion forum would get very messed upp. Just from a book like the case for christ I can think of 8 or so different topics that needs separate threads.

How would we put togheter a list of people who has good intentions and will participate activly. Obviously it would be pointless to let anyone vote on the books since we cant be sure everyone will read.

Here is the people that I can think of right now(no offence if I forget someone). If they want to participate. Mostly the most active in this forum.

Myself offcourse
    Max2
    Tock
    Hooker
    Zoaib
    Causasian
    Militia
    Books555

Also since we would need to cover a whole range of topics on each book maby we should try to convince a supermod to give us a bookclub subforum if enough people want to get this started.
    Otherwise the religion forum would get very messed upp. Just from a book like the case for christ I can think of 8 or so different topics that needs separate threads.
    I like your qoute Johan.

Myself offcourse
    Max2
    Tock
    CMX
    Hooker
    Zoaib
    Causasian
    Militia
    Books555

count me IN

sure

i got some nice pdf shit , the world as i see it (einstein) , satanic bible (anthon lavey) , satanic rituals(anton lavey) , meine kumpf (english)(hitler) , relativity (einstein)etc..... downloading lots of ebooks everyday

I prefer the library lol. I just cant concentrate to read a book on the computer.

do u have stuff like the satanic bible , mein kumpf there ????

I would read mein kumpf.

Maby Mein Kumpf not sure though. havent realy checked out the library in my town. The university library I bet have it though.

well the reason im voting for pdf , cuz here many of the books we might vote for especially religion , beliefs politics etc... are not allowed here and i could be arrested for having em so.....

Where do you live crystal??

Egypt, not by choice tho

your are an egyptian ?

yup almost 80% i think we got some palestinian in the family my grandfather , people would think im a muslim pro palestine and the middle east etc.....
    but its more like this: satanist , anti-islam , middle east etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    yup almost 80% i think we got some palestinian in the family my grandfather , people would think im a muslim pro palestine and the middle east etc.....
    but its more like this: satanist , anti-islam , middle east etc...
    no offence but you look like a traitor to your own people , country and religion, I am talking according to the scienctific definition of a Traitor.

HAHAHAHAHA well call me wutever u want , i was never a muslim in my book because the only time i was a so called "muslim" when i was young till 13-14 max(but i had doubts bout it since i was 10) and i couldnt understand the meaning of god etc.....
    A traitor to my religion ?? do u want me to stay in a religion that allows no freedom of choice , degrading women , killing infedels <<lol @ infedels , f*** that man

My own people?? wut bout my own people village man?? how did i betray them by not becoming wut they all are thats plain dumb

my country??? uh huh my country lets talk bout my ****ing country where there is no freedom , sure it looks like there is but no , u can get arrested for having a book???
    the president has been ruling for 21 yrs now WTF no democracy and they beat up reporters and took there clothes off and left them in the desert cuz they talked bout the president not being fair , one more incident (there are much more) there was a harmless metal gig a couple of yrs ago and the cops found out they crashed the party arrested people but the ones with foreign passports were let go now the ones that were native , were beat up , pulled their finger nails , burned them with knives , raped the women and this isnt all hype cuz ive know some people that were in there and they have changed 100% so when u say i betrayed my country FVCK YEAH I BETRAY MY COUNTRY AND IF I COULD HARM IT IN NEWAY ID DO IT

if u wanna call me a damn traitor start ur own thread and ill be more than happy to reply to it

i dont think reading the religious books of a religion should be one we read (ie: bible, quran, satanic bible). books about the religion, ok. but not the books themselves. for me, the bible can not be just read. it does no good if you dont understand it. the bible is to be studied. if you just read thru, its easy to be confused without knowing other facts, or other verses in the bible. and to be quite honest, i dont want to read a book such as the satanic bible. i dont even want to touch it. im sure there are others and im sure there are those who do not want to read the bible. so i think its fair to all.

yeah max that sounds resonable. Also discussing such huge books would be a to big task. Imagine all topics that can be covered about the bible. Reading related books will probably cover all aspects of the different holy books but over a longer timespan.

Max or militia can you think of anyone else that should be on the list I put togheter?

Bouncer would you be ineterested in participating?

yeah max that sounds resonable. Also discussing such huge books would be a to big task. Imagine all topics that can be covered about the bible. Reading related books will probably cover all aspects of the different holy books but over a longer timespan.

Max or militia can you think of anyone else that should be on the list I put togheter?

Bouncer would you be ineterested in participating?
    bouncer have some knowledge in political things but i dont know if he have time to read

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information