Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Im combat

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Women Im combat

Im just curious about a thing. Most claim its not a good idea at all and have pretty good arguments for it. But if I remember right(I have read it somewhere) during ww2 soviet was forced to use alot of females in there army(I might remember totaly wrong).

How did that work? Was there any problem becuase of females in the front lines?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im just curious about a thing. Most claim its not a good idea at all and have pretty good arguments for it. But if I remember right(I have read it somewhere) during ww2 soviet was forced to use alot of females in there army(I might remember totaly wrong).

How did that work? Was there any problem becuase of females in the front lines?
    They were not in the front line per se, but during the Guerrilas warfare and used as snipers! You have points in combat when you have to use what YOU HAVE because you have no choice.

BoL0 is offline Junior Member
    Personally, I can't imagine my little sis being in a marine or navy seal type of position just becasue of the possibility of hostile situations. But something like being a fighter pilot i can imagine.

I think im brain washed by the media propaganda.
    just my .02

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I have to say I'm dead set against women serving in 'front line' or 'operational' units. Besides all the arguments I've used here in the past you've only got to look at not only the guys in the unit but how the media treat women in combat.

A case in point being that US female soldier who's rescue from an Iraqi hospital was staged, turned out to be the greatest load of bullshit. There's a thread running in the lounge about another female who was awarded the silver star, most likely another bullshit Miss Rambo story. But their good stories for an army who's losing a war I guess. Nope, women in combat is a bad situation.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I have to say I'm dead set against women serving in 'front line' or 'operational' units. Besides all the arguments I've used here in the past you've only got to look at not only the guys in the unit but how the media treat women in combat.

A case in point being that US female soldier who's rescue from an Iraqi hospital was staged, turned out to be the greatest load of bullshit. There's a thread running in the lounge about another female who was awarded the silver star, most likely another bullshit Miss Rambo story. But their good stories for an army who's losing a war I guess. Nope, women in combat is a bad situation.
    Agreed - some points to consider

it will make the men act differently, either by defending women who were shouted at by commanders or by refusing to leave them if so ordered.

Also sexual tension will reduce the capacity for aggression afterall, having a "crush" on a girl while in combat zones take your mind away from patrolling

The "pregnant" question ("cheating" and ruining family lives back home)

Read a post when I posted an essay about the subject, it is quite complete

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I don't think having women near the front is a good idea. What do you think happens to them when captured? This brings new meaning to the term running a train on her.

Their main argument was that a few serious armies allow women in battles, only the liberal western countries do because they have no reality of combat and war
    LOL - well put
    I believe CFB Wainwright has a PPCLI Battleschool as well

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    yeah rite women in combat my ass

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    yeah rite women in combat my ass
    very convincing point

The US Military allows women to pilot aircraft in combat missions - this argument is based almost soley on wheather they should be exposed to ground combat which is our main concern

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    very convincing point

The US Military allows women to pilot aircraft in combat missions - this argument is based almost soley on wheather they should be exposed to ground combat which is our main concern
    yeah i know that sounded sexist and offended any females that read it....

i think they should have the rite to choose to do it or not......but do i think they should? no

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I know some women who are very aggressive and athletic; pretty much the stereotypical "Amazons" some of y'all fantasize about (lol) . . . They'd make better soldiers than most of the guys in the military right now, no doubt about it.

IMHO, service in the miltary should be based on individual ability. No reason to take skinny/wimpy guys who can't bench 50 lbs over awesome women who can whup the bejeezus out of a group of thugs.

To address the problem of what happens to captured American women prisoners, first thing would be to ensure that the American government treats its prisoners in accordance with the Geneva Convention. Ya, if the USA won't treat prisoners humanely, there's no reason to expect that other countries should treat US prisoners humanely, either.

-Tock

I know no, skinny guys who benches 50lbs completed the infantry training, they are send home or we tell them to be a ****ng pay clerk!

LOL - well put
    I believe CFB Wainwright has a PPCLI Battleschool as well
    Yes, it does say it in the text.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    I know no, skinny guys who benches 50lbs completed the infantry training, they are send home or we tell them to be a ****ng pay clerk!
    in all fairness though - the skinny guys who can bench 50lbs can often run 10km with ease. the larger troops generally have a bit more trouble.

I remember at Fort Lewis we were getting a final kit inspection before we headed out for a FIBUA ex, we saw the US Army Rangers going for their run, behind the main pack (the "stragglers") were 2 HUGE bodybuilding black guys(with the 2IC running with them).

I guess everyone has their strengths and weaknesses

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    in all fairness though - the skinny guys who can bench 50lbs can often run 10km with ease. the larger troops generally have a bit more trouble.

I remember at Fort Lewis we were getting a final kit inspection before we headed out for a FIBUA ex, we saw the US Army Rangers going for their run, behind the main pack (the "stragglers") were 2 HUGE bodybuilding black guys(with the 2IC running with them).

I guess everyone has their strengths and weaknesses
    All the ectomorphs whoop the other runners. they can run for ever. You should see all the ecomorphs in my unit. They can run for miles and miles.

I can run for miles!!!!!!!!!

im doing the "Yukon" ride!

I sit in the truck while they run

with the "Book Club" topic, i figure i ought to bring up something Einstien said in his book " The World As I See It "

Women and War

In my opinion, the patriotic women ought to be sent to the front in the next war instead of the men. It would at least be a novelty in this dreary sphere of infinite confusion, and besides--why should not such heroic feelings on the part of the fair sex find a more picturesque outlet than in attacks on a defenceless civilian?
    NOTE: that Einstien was a scientist and not a general

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Ya, if the USA won't treat prisoners humanely, there's no reason to expect that other countries should treat US prisoners humanely, either.

-Tock

Evidence please.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Evidence please.
    Oh come on!

Incase you want more;

Some soldiers are cowards and a disgrace

Seriously guys, this treat the soldiers correctly is ****ing liberals BS.

They are the ennemies, I need intel, they might have intel, Im gonna try to break them to get what I want!

But no, now, some shoots at you, you take them prisoneer and we expect you to give him a steak, a baked potato and a bottle and wine and says "cheers dude"

This prison thing abu what eva is pure BS...

seriously when will the military will be lead by military not stupid liberals dumbass civilians and whining medias and people who doesnt know what the **** is going around in the world except Nascar, football and friends!

? Intelligence is gathered through interogation - Its well known that a human being will not withhold information once significant or the threat of significant pain is applied. (and that comes from my psych 101 teacher intrestingly enough)

these troops were just a buncha REMFs that wanted to be cool
    (PS - Rear Echeolon Mother Fvcker = REMF / a non-combat troop)

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I’ll agree leading a person around naked on a leash, or having them while naked make human pyramids, was wrong.

However I think it's important to put things into perspective, things were much worse at Abu-Ghraib when Saddam was in charge…

VERY GRAPHIC; NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN AND SOME ADULTS!

http://www.aei.org/events/eventID.84...ent_detail.asp

VERY GRAPHIC; NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN AND SOME ADULTS!

After watching this video, I’m not nearly as shocked by the pictures that have been in the news.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 06-22-2005 at 07:26 AM.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Seriously guys, this treat the soldiers correctly is ****ing liberals BS.

They are the ennemies, I need intel, they might have intel, Im gonna try to break them to get what I want!

But no, now, some shoots at you, you take them prisoneer and we expect you to give him a steak, a baked potato and a bottle and wine and says "cheers dude"

This prison thing abu what eva is pure BS...

seriously when will the military will be lead by military not stupid liberals dumbass civilians and whining medias and people who doesnt know what the **** is going around in the world except Nascar, football and friends!

the media has made everything look like a reality TV show , and when u show everything on the media this kind of BS will happen .............. so basically where the media has helped fuel our US propaganda machine , it has also proven to chop our own feet off ............... i am surprised how much detail coverage this war on iraq had , and why did the military give soo much access to the media , gotta blame our own selves for this crap .................
    whether treating the prisioners the way they did or not , is right or wrong , is no mroe a question or opinion of the matter cause whoever leaked this info wanted to make the other party look bad , so basically we have to deal with internal idiots first and then deal out with whatever else , its crazy and laughable .

RA
    LOL, I thought you meant bad treatment. Like if they catch one of our boys or the treatment saddam would have given you if you pissed him off. I think some ppl need to come into the real world.

RA
    I was actually thinking of Guantanamo Bay. At last report, the prisoners have better living conditions and meals than the soldiers.

I was actually thinking of Guantanamo Bay. At last report, the prisoners have better living conditions and meals than the soldiers.

Since Amnesty international and the International committee of the Red Cross ain't allowed access who's report have you read?.

If American has signed up to the Geneva conventions, and agreed to its terms on P.O.W.'s it should be bound by those terms, regardless what its enemy does to American prisoners.

What did these people do wrong? they are simply soldiers fighting on the opposing side of you. - Same profession, diffrent team. Morality is expected at a higher level. the infamous quote Lead by Example is applicable if the U.S. wants to sustain an active positive presence in the Gulf.

Putting this now into perspective, how many enemy soldiers, after hearing this news would choose to surrender to a NATO soldier? how many would fight harder knowing their brothers/family is being held captive and tortured? How much more easily could propaganda motivate foriegn enemy soldiers (i.e. Iran, North Korea, Pakistan) that Americans(Christians) are evil, sadistic people and should not be allowed in your land?

There are definetly psychological overtones that will be undoubtedly negtively effecting the real soldiers in the field.

Absolutley sickening..

(note: There is leverage with how many immoral things can be done in war, such as a soldier firing into a crowd & killing several people in order to address 1 gunman or tactical bombings which will inevitably cause collateral damage to the civilian population... however, in these situations, the enemy is controlled and his safety becomes your responsablilty)

RA
    Since Amnesty international and the International committee of the Red Cross ain't allowed access who's report have you read?.

If American has signed up to the Geneva conventions, and agreed to its terms on P.O.W.'s it should be bound by those terms, regardless what its enemy does to American prisoners.

Retired general interviewed a former detainee. Trying to find it right now.

RA

Who would you rather be detained by?

Retired general interviewed a former detainee. Trying to find it right now.

Don't bother, its hardly a credable source.

RA
    laughing...with all the propaganda that is posted on this site its just really funny to me that you say that.

decadbal is offline Banned
    if they are on the front lines, who will wash and fold the uniforms in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    if they are on the front lines, who will wash and fold the uniforms in the rear?

The Japs had it right in WWII with their comfort women

decadbal is offline Banned
    well luckily for them, they used them way back then.. bc now they are fugly

eyernvxxn is offline Female Member
    I think Tock said it pretty well.

Some women are very suited to comabt. Some are not. Just like men. Are less women suited to combat than men? Probably. Is this reason to deny the women who want to become and would be excellent combatants the opportunity? No.
    But any man can be in the infantry if he choses to be (and our military is aching for people so, if you show up you pass basic). So who do you wrather have fighting for us? The 130 pound "metrosexual" guy who joined because he liked the Army commercials (or was drafted, heh), or the woman with a passion for the military, who loves her country enough to risk the additional things associated with being a female (like, what would happen if this theoretical female was captured) and is as much of a warrior as anyone? Actually the reason there aren't more of the later is because it's been beaten into our heads it's "unnatural" *rolls eyes* Anyway...

Plato said some women, like men are born warriors and should be allowed to fulfull themselves as such. Women have faught in ground combat a lot more than people actually know, and there were actually several women military leaders...I like Queen Boudiccea myself. This was of course in ancient times. The notion women can not hold up in combat is fairly recent.

As for the men "worrying" about women and all that rubbish, that's a male problem...not a female one. Not to mention all female units would be a possibility.
    Last edited by eyernvxxn; 06-22-2005 at 09:37 PM.

Ah civilian mentality!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information