Thread: The Book of Creation, Chapter 1
06-26-2005, 03:27 PM #1
The Book of Creation, Chapter 1
1) In the beginning God created Dates.
2) And the date was Monday, July 4, 4004 B.C.
3) And God said, Let there be light; and there was light. And when] there was Light, God saw the Date, that it was Monday, and he got down to work; for verily, he had a Big Job to do.
4) And God made pottery shards and Silurian mollusks and pre-Cambrian limestone strata; and flints and Jurassic Mastodon tusks and Picanthropus erectus skulls and Cretaceous placentals made he; and those cave paintings at Lasceaux. And that was that, for the first Work Day.
5) And God saw that he had made many wondrous things, but that he had not wherein to put it all. And God said, Let the heavens be divided from the earth; and let us bury all of these Things which we have made in the earth; but not too deep.
6) And God buried all the Things which he had made, and that was that.
7) And the morning and the evening and the overtime were Tuesday.
8) And God said, Let there be water; and let the dry land appear; and that was that.
9) And God called the dry land Real Estate; and the water called he the Sea. And in the land and beneath it put he crude oil, grades one through six; and natural gas put he thereunder, and prehistoric carboniferous forests yielding anthracite and other ligneous matter; and all these called he Resources; and he made them Abundant.
10) And likewise all that was in the Sea, even unto two hundred miles from the dry land, called he resources, all that was therein, like manganese nodules, for instance.
11) And the morning unto the evening had been an long day, which he called Wednesday.
12) And God said, Let the earth bring forth abundantly every moving creature I can think of, with or without back bones, with or without wings or feet, or fins or claws, vestigial limbs and all right now; and let each one be of a seperate species. For lo, I can make whatsoever I like, whensoever I like.
13) And the earth brought forth abundantly all creatures, great and small, with and without backbones, with and without wings and feet and fins and claws, vestigial limbs and all, from bugs to brontosauruses.
14) But God blessed them all, saying, Be fruitful and multiply and Evolve Not.
15) And God looked upon the species he had made, and saw that the earth was exceeding crowded, and he said unto them, Let each species compete for what it needeth; for Healthy Competition is My Law. And the species competeth amongst themselves, the cattle and the creeping things, the dogs and the dinosaurs; and some madeth it and some did not; and the dogs ate the donosaurs and God was pleased.
16) And God took the bones from the dinosaurs, and caused them to appear mighty old; and cast he them about the land and the sea. And he took every tiny creature that had not madeth it, and caused them to become fossils; and cast he them about likewise.
17) And just to put matters beyond the valley of the shadow of a doubt God created carbon dating. And this is the origin of species.
18) And in the Evening of the day which was Thursday, God saw that he had put in another good day's work.
19) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, which is tall and well-formed and pale of hue; and let us also make monkeys, which resembleth us not in any wise, but are short and ill-formed and hairy. And God added, Let man have dominion over the monkeys and the fowl of the air and every species, endangered or otherwise.
20) So God created MAn in His own image; tall and well-formed and pale of hue created He him, and nothing at all like the monkeys.
21) And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the earth. But ye shalt not smoketh it, lest it giveth you ideas.
22) And to every beast of the earth and every fowl of the air I have given also every green herb, and to them it shall be for meat. But they shall be for you. And the Lord God your Host suggesteth that the flesh of cattle goeth well with that of the fin and the claw; thus shall Surf be wedded unto Turf.
23) And God saw everything he had made, and he saw that it was very good; and God said, It just goes to show Me what the private sector can accomplish. With a lot of fool regulations this could have taken billions of years.
24) And on the evening of the fifth day, which had been the roughest day yet, God said, Thank Me it's Friday. And God made the weekend.
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM #2
Did you make that up tock.
06-27-2005, 03:46 PM #3
06-27-2005, 06:40 PM #4Originally Posted by books555
I'll have chapters 2 and 3 up when I get a chance -- it'll give y'all something to look forward to . . .
06-27-2005, 06:43 PM #5Writer
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
That's basically what my week looks like...except I have a bunch of geeks and haters telling me I suck the whole time I'm at work.
By the way...I was actually born on Dec. 25th, ironically.
06-27-2005, 06:47 PM #6Originally Posted by hooker
I did think it odd, though, that a quarter of the dogcatchers at the animal shelter I worked at in Dallas back in the 70's were all born on Dec 25. A more disparate lot you'd never find . . .
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)