Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    singern is offline Banned

Muslims Please explain

MULTAN, Pakistan (Reuters) -- Pakistani police have arrested five men on charges of kidnapping and gang-raping a woman in the latest of a string of so-called honor crimes.
    The married woman was attacked because one of her male cousins had an affair with a women whose father disapproved of the relationship, police said on Wednesday.
    "The accused say they carried out this horrible act as an act of honor," Mai was attacked because her brother had befriended a woman from a power clan, offending male members of the clan.
    Hundreds of women are raped or killed every year by men intent on restoring honor after behavior -- by the woman or a male relative -- deemed inappropriate in the male-dominated society.

I am aware of the Arab tradition of killing a sister or daughter for acts of so called indecency, but have never heard of raping and killing a woman for acts of another family member.
    Please explain.....

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That's Pakistan, its in their so called "culture" nothing related to Islam, like the clitoris thingie!

I know it is an Arab thing and not necessarily a Muslim thing. But I was hoping someone could explain this custom.

Not an Aran thing, it is a Indie slash Sub Indian continent custom.

I know, no arab that will do such thing for honor!

but in Pakistan and India it happens often, like the killing of daughter, wive and what not!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Not an Aran thing, it is a Indie slash Sub Indian continent custom.

I know, no arab that will do such thing for honor!

but in Pakistan and India it happens often, like the killing of daughter, wive and what not!
    Not true, I know for a fact that in nearly every Arab country, honor killings are commonplace. but this example may be as you say a Pakstani thing.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Not true, I know for a fact that in nearly every Arab country, honor killings are commonplace. but this example may be as you say a Pakstani thing.

Honor killing is not a custom in all Arab country, I know the North African(arab) countries such thing doesnt exist or rare.

Ive heard in Saudia Arabia, but I just realized that most Arab I know are christian ooopps!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Honor killing is not a custom in all Arab country, I know the North African(arab) countries such thing doesnt exist or rare.
    NOT TRUE!!! it is a custom here i read bout it almost everyday in the news........ive had my share of fights with fathers , brothers and boyfriends fvking idiots...i mean cmon they fvck but when it comes to a woman they know.....noooooooooooooooooo how can we let this happen...

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Nothing to do with Islam or Muslims, its cultural.

Its sad to see such a religious and good women put through this horror. The rapers should be put to death.

After all this, she still has time to teach the Koran to kids. A brave women, who should be looked as a rolemodel.

"I was once able to find time to teach the Koran to children for an hour every day. I would even find time for stitching clothes or to meet people who would come to me for advice. But all that is gone since my security was increased. I cannot even meet the locals easily."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4114714.stm

yeah guys what it has to do with Islam

thousand of women get raped everyday in the US, do we say "damn american christian"

Honor is claimed too often to do crimes!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I think its a muslims thing deffintly.........I dunno ne muslims that'll be "kool" with me fvcking their daughters , sisters , mothers, .............

here in egypt...if a husband caguht his wife in bed with another he has the rite to kill the man not sure bout killing his wife tho.....and he doesnt go jail.....Im sure i can find smth in the quran....

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Im sure i can find smth in the quran....
    Doubt it.

N00b is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Im sure i can find smth in the quran....
    Are you sure you can read?

Thread Information