Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    R-A-M-P-A-G-E is offline Junior Member

What is up with the government?

I'm sorry, but I can't help but shake my head sometimes in regards to our humble & aspiring government. I recently found out about the pro-hormones ban back in Januaray, and it just leaves me thinking WTF? We have been letting this government strip us of our liberities and rights for too long, and so many Americans just sit there with a smiling face nodding in agreement.

Now I'm sure I must of missed the great Androstendione epidemic, because I don't recall there being too many headlines that were along the lines of this; "Man drunk on Pro-Hormones kills family" or "Bad 1AD leaves 17 dead at party" or "Animal Stak linked to colon cancer". The point is, I don't recall the giagantic cry-out from the American people to ban these suppliments, there wasn't a want or need to ban this substances. Was there a good reason too? Did they say it caused health probelms? But its OK when who knows how many fatties hearts finally give out after years on they McDonalds/Coke-a-Cola diet, or when Johnny "2 packs of camels a day" finally crooks its no biggie.

The point is, some of the targets this government picks leaves me thinking WTF? And the sad thing is how the dupe the American people and some of them buy it by the case full. I talked to a dude a few days ago about marijuana, he honestly believed that it needed to be illegal (Let's be honest, it was a law no American asked for, used to target minorities, linking pot to crime rather then public health, and a $250 billion dollar waste of tax-payer money to target something that can't be controlled), and that anyone who smoked pot was/is a violent criminal. Total flashback to Reefer Madness. Of course when I tried to debate it with him, he went as far as to accuse me of being a "Doper". He was the poster child for Government tool, the guy loved the spoon fulls of BS they were feeding him and would ask for seconds in a heartbeat.

Now IMO there are certain things that should remain illegal, I mean I wouldn't want Crack Cocaine or Herion for sale at WalMart, but let's be honest, why do they think they can control what we put in our bodies? Why do we/they let a out of control supreme court keep trappling the will of the people? It's late and I'm going to close on this and would love to continue talking on this topic.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    pot got illegal in the first place since hemp if popular could put the timber industries out of buisness in the begining of the 20th century. Timber industries was the first to have a strong lobby group in the united states I think.
    Now it would never be legal since it would be a safe and effective pain killer and big pharm wouldnt allow it. It would also compete with alcohole so another big buisness that wants it to stay illegal.

EU wants vitamins and mineral supplements to be prescription because big pharm is feeling threatened by orthomolecular medicin. If the thruth about disease control and prevention by orthomolecular means would become bigger it would mean the end of alot of drugs(statins, flu and polio vaccinations, many pain killers ect) and the end of big pharm companies, so they want it gone. Sadly some of those laws have already ben put into place so next year alot of vitamins will disapere from the EU market.

Whenever something ridicilous and safe is made illegal you can trace some kind of financial interest behind it.

I guess we humans are to stupid to handle pro hormones and vitamins so they have to be banned. But we are clever enough to smoke and drink in a mature way

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Whenever something ridicilous and safe is made illegal you can trace some kind of financial interest behind it.

I guess we humans are to stupid to handle pro hormones and vitamins so they have to be banned. But we are clever enough to smoke and drink in a mature way
    I was just talking about this a couple days ago. This whole topic makes me so mad that I don't feel like discussing it...

Why is it that the greedy people are the lawmakers? Or is it that once you become a lawmaker you turn greedy?...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    well if I was a lawmake and someone would give me a million dollars to push for a new law I would sure as hell do it if I wasnt fully aware of the consequenses human nature.

Thread Information