Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089

    Who thinks this is ok???

    United Airlines is allowed to dispose of its retirement fund obligations by the bankruptcy court........flight attendant retirements are halved.
    Right or Wrong?

    B of A buys MBNA....thousands will be layed off while the CEO of MBNA walks with over 100 million
    FAIR??

    Supreme Court allows the seizure of private property for business projects.....
    FAIR??


    Can you see the direction America is heading??? Where's the protection of the middle class??

  2. #2
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    You already know that nothing is fair and that includes life. I try not to worry about things that I can't change.

    The middle class is losing it's jobs to China. Before too long there will only be very rich and very poor.

  3. #3
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    You already know that nothing is fair and that includes life. I try not to worry about things that I can't change.

    The middle class is losing it's jobs to China. Before too long there will only be very rich and very poor.

    OH.....but you CAN change these things.......the problem is some of you have this vision that YOU will be the one walking off with the 100 mil......would you really pull the same stunt??? Screwing workers out of their jobs to enrich the few

    The middle class needs to empower itself again......suggestions??

  4. #4
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    So....

    What are you going to do to change things?

  5. #5
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    So....

    What are you going to do to change things?
    Limit the deductibility of salaries and bonuses to executives.
    Change the structure of the boards to protect workers......
    Change the philosophy where salaries of workers and job security take precedence over stock price.
    Eliminate the giving of lavish stock options to execs which dilute the share price and cost jobs

    Eliminate the tax breaks of businesses moving to foreign soil
    Require similar worker and environmental protection and benefits from products overseas.....if not then a stiff tariff is in order to protect workers rights and the world environment. This would make it competitive to stay in America.

    That's a good start

  6. #6
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Limit the deductibility of salaries and bonuses to executives.
    Change the structure of the boards to protect workers......
    Change the philosophy where salaries of workers and job security take precedence over stock price.
    Eliminate the giving of lavish stock options to execs which dilute the share price and cost jobs

    Eliminate the tax breaks of businesses moving to foreign soil
    Require similar worker and environmental protection and benefits from products overseas.....if not then a stiff tariff is in order to protect workers rights and the world environment. This would make it competitive to stay in America.

    That's a good start
    Like i said, What are you going to do to change things? It's good to know what needs to be done, but how are you or any of us going to make those things happen. I know that if we feed the starving people of the world it will eliminate hunger, but i can't eliminate hunger....

  7. #7
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    United Airlines is allowed to dispose of its retirement fund obligations by the bankruptcy court........flight attendant retirements are halved.
    Right or Wrong?
    This sounds awful, but it may be a case where they either get half or nothing. If the company folds then they there would be no retirement for the flight attendants.

    I think that if the company turns the corner and becomes financially secure, they should reimburse the flight attendants and pay them what they owe them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    B of A buys MBNA....thousands will be layed off while the CEO of MBNA walks with over 100 million
    FAIR??
    Fair NO,

    But if this is the deal that the company made with the CEO, when he was hired, then that is it, and the government shouldnít get involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Supreme Court allows the seizure of private property for business projects.....
    FAIR??
    No,

    This is absolute BS,

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050629...souter_property

    WEARE, N.H. - Following a Supreme Court ruling last week that gave local governments power to seize private property, someone has suggested taking over Justice David Souter's New Hampshire farmhouse and turning it into a hotel

    "The justification for such an eminent domain action is that our hotel will better serve the public interest as it will bring in economic development and higher tax revenue to Weare," Logan Darrow Clements of California wrote in a letter faxed to town officials in Weare on Tuesday.

    Souter, a longtime Weare resident, joined in the 5-4 court decision allowing governments to seize private property from one owner and turn it over to another if doing so would benefit a community.


    The letter dubbing the project the "Lost Liberty Hotel" was posted on conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh's Web site. Clements said it would include a dining room called the "Just Desserts Cafe" an a museum focused on the "loss of freedom in America."

    A message seeking comment from Souter was left at his office Wednesday morning. The court has recessed and Souter was still in Washington, one of his secretaries said.

    A few police cruisers were parked on the edge of Souter's property Tuesday.

    "It was a precaution, just being protective," said Lt. Mark Bodanza.

    Clements is the CEO of Los Angeles-based Freestar Media that fights "abusive" government through a Web site and cable show. He plans to move to New Hampshire soon as part of the Free State Project, a group that supports limiting government powers, the Monitor reported.

    The letter was passed along to the board of selectmen. If the five-member board were to endorse the hotel project, zoning laws would have to be changed and the hotel would have to get approval from the planning board. Messages seeking comment were left with Laura Buono, board chairwoman.

    "Am I taking this seriously? But of course," said Charles Meany, Weare's code enforcement officer. "In lieu of the recent Supreme Court decision, I would imagine that some people are pretty much upset. If it is their right to pursue this type of end, then by all means let the process begin."

    Souter's two-story colonial farmhouse is assessed at a little more than $100,000 and brought in $2,895 in property taxes last year.

    The Supreme Court case involved the city of New London, Conn. The justices ruled that City Hall may take over property through eminent domain to make way for a hotel and convention center.

    In his majority opinion, Justice John Paul Stevens said New London could pursue private development under the Fifth Amendment, which allows governments to take private property if the land is for public use. He said the project the city has in mind promises to bring more jobs and revenue.
    I would laugh my ass off if they actually take Souterís house.

    That would be justice!

  8. #8
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12



    I would laugh my ass off if they actually take Souterís house.

    That would be justice!

    You sound vaguely like a terrorist......after all Souter is an innocent civilian right???......or is he?

  9. #9
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Stop talking and react!

    Let's do a world revolution!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    So....

    What are you going to do to change things?
    He is talking about it. That is a good start.

  11. #11
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    He is talking about it. That is a good start.

    my people have been talking since 1760 when the british took over because we were too drunk even if we won the ****ing war! Hangover, we said **** it take it you redneck englishman!

    since my people talk, dont do shit!

    as Felix Leclers says in one of his song titled "Le Patriote"

    "Ventre plein n'a pas de rage"

    liberal translation to "a full stomach has no rage!"

  12. #12
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    United Airlines is allowed to dispose of its retirement fund obligations by the bankruptcy court........flight attendant retirements are halved.
    Right or Wrong?

    B of A buys MBNA....thousands will be layed off while the CEO of MBNA walks with over 100 million
    FAIR??

    Supreme Court allows the seizure of private property for business projects.....
    FAIR??


    Can you see the direction America is heading??? Where's the protection of the middle class??

    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    my people have been talking since 1760 when the british took over because we were too drunk even if we won the ****ing war! Hangover, we said **** it take it you redneck englishman!

    since my people talk, dont do shit!

    as Felix Leclers says in one of his song titled "Le Patriote"

    "Ventre plein n'a pas de rage"

    liberal translation to "a full stomach has no rage!"
    Are you people French Canadian? Or Irish?

  14. #14
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Are you people French Canadian? Or Irish?
    Worst BOTH!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Worst BOTH!!!!!!!!

  16. #16
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thomas Jefferson
    Yeah.......there's all this outrage over 911.......but there's no outrage over the deeds I point out above......
    Why no outrage for the United Flight attendants???? Thousands of men and women hurt directly by our own courts.......
    Why no outrage for the MBNA employees???.......thousands of men and women losing their jobs.......

    We get ALL freaked about terrorists who are really a non-issue when you look at numbers.........but we let lives be destroyed right in front of US and DO NOT LIFT A FINGER.

  17. #17
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    You sound vaguely like a terrorist......after all Souter is an innocent civilian right???......or is he?

    Back away from the Nitrous Oxide, and explain your question

    Souter isnít an ordinary civilian he is a Supreme Court justice, for his bad decision to come back to haunt him, would be justice.

  18. #18
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Back away from the Nitrous Oxide, and explain your question

    Souter isnít an ordinary civilian he is a Supreme Court justice, for his bad decision to come back to haunt him, would be justice.
    I agree actually.......I think I'll contribute to the fund to buy his place.....you?

  19. #19
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I agree actually.......I think I'll contribute to the fund to buy his place.....you?

    Buy?

    Hell it's for the common good of the comunity, just take it......

  20. #20
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Buy?

    Hell it's for the common good of the comunity, just take it......

    Right on.......maybe a pool, community center, sports bar

  21. #21
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Yeah.......there's all this outrage over 911.......but there's no outrage over the deeds I point out above......
    Why no outrage for the United Flight attendants???? Thousands of men and women hurt directly by our own courts.......
    Why no outrage for the MBNA employees???.......thousands of men and women losing their jobs.......
    We are outraged over 9/11 because thousands of Americans, friends and family were killed. The U.S. Supreme Court didn't kill anyone with that decision, United didn't kill any flight attendants, and MBNA didn't kil any employees. It's not very logical to compare the two...

  22. #22
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    We are outraged over 9/11 because thousands of Americans, friends and family were killed. The U.S. Supreme Court didn't kill anyone with that decision, United didn't kill any flight attendants, and MBNA didn't kil any employees. It's not very logical to compare the two...
    Does smoking kill millions of Americans?

    Is smoking legal?

  23. #23
    singern's Avatar
    singern is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago/Israel
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Does smoking kill millions of Americans?

    Is smoking legal?
    Are you comparing murder, and terrorism, to a guy smoking a cigarette?

  24. #24
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Are you comparing murder, and terrorism, to a guy smoking a cigarette?
    Your a little slow.

    Courts can kill people with their decisions. My comment had nothing to do with terrorism.

  25. #25
    singern's Avatar
    singern is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago/Israel
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Your a little slow.

    Courts can kill people with their decisions. My comment had nothing to do with terrorism.

    The point still is:Outcome of criminality and its judgment vs. a cigarette...
    Last edited by singern; 07-13-2005 at 03:07 PM.

  26. #26
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Does smoking kill millions of Americans?

    Is smoking legal?
    Yes, smoking can lead to lung cancer. But people make a conscious decision to smoke. Terrorists fly planes into buildings where people work or blow up subways that transport people to work, these people did not make a consious decision to die by being blown up by terrorists. Your logic is laughable...

  27. #27
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Yes, smoking can lead to lung cancer. But people make a conscious decision to smoke. Terrorists fly planes into buildings where people work or blow up subways that transport people to work, these people did not make a consious decision to die by being blown up by terrorists. Your logic is laughable...
    Again there was nothing with terrorism in my questions.

    I said the court makes decisions that sometimes will kill people.

  28. #28
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Again there was nothing with terrorism in my questions.

    I said the court makes decisions that sometimes will kill people.
    You quoted my answer to badger which contained terrorism in it. So you referrenced it. Yes, the courts decisions can eventually lead to people dying, but only if the people consciously choose to smoke. The courts don't make judgements that directly kill innocent civilians...

  29. #29
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    United Airlines is allowed to dispose of its retirement fund obligations by the bankruptcy court........flight attendant retirements are halved.
    Right or Wrong?

    B of A buys MBNA....thousands will be layed off while the CEO of MBNA walks with over 100 million
    FAIR??

    Supreme Court allows the seizure of private property for business projects.....
    FAIR??


    Can you see the direction America is heading??? Where's the protection of the middle class??
    I think something similar is happening with GM since they haven't been doing so well lately. I think they're cutting healthcare and pensions (at least partially, I'm not sure to what extent) in the middle of a contract year with the UAW. Maybe there is a GM employee member who understands the details better.

    I think the co-CEO of I think it was jp morgan was offered something like $20 million as incentive to leave by the board of directors because he was so bad.

    But back to your point, its hard to beleive that there is no outcry at all from any mainstream politician, ralph nader has been complaining about this for awhile but he's far from a position to do anything.

  30. #30
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I think something similar is happening with GM since they haven't been doing so well lately. I think they're cutting healthcare and pensions (at least partially, I'm not sure to what extent) in the middle of a contract year with the UAW. Maybe there is a GM employee member who understands the details better.

    I think the co-CEO of I think it was jp morgan was offered something like $20 million as incentive to leave by the board of directors because he was so bad.

    But back to your point, its hard to beleive that there is no outcry at all from any mainstream politician, ralph nader has been complaining about this for awhile but he's far from a position to do anything.

    Thank you for recognizing what's going on.......20 million to resign......how many workers would that tidy sum pay for???

  31. #31
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Thank you for recognizing what's going on.......20 million to resign......how many workers would that tidy sum pay for???
    Become a politician and change things. Talking about it isn't going to do anything to change it...

  32. #32
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    B of A buys MBNA....thousands will be layed off while the CEO of MBNA walks with over 100 million
    FAIR??
    Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling go to court in january of next year. Hopefully there will be some justice -like millions of fines and years in prison- for both of these losers. If they are aquitted I will have lost my last shred of faith in the US court system.

    not that it has to do with UA but kind of on the same note.
    Last edited by symatech; 07-13-2005 at 07:08 PM.

  33. #33
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling go to court in january of next year. Hopefully there will be some justice -like millions of fines and years in prison- for both of these losers. If they are aquitted I will have lost my last shred of faith in the US court system.

    not that it has to do with UA but kind of on the same note.
    What gets me is that you KNOW these politicians are involved......like how many Enron guys did Bush and Cheney hang with???.......how about the Bush boy and Silverado savings and loan???......how about Clinton and his scam whitewater deals.......our political system is almost hopelessly corrupt........these guys just go from one scam to the next.......they all own their ranches, farms, real estate, etc etc.......and they get their big tax scam or support payments........while the middle class and poor pay the full monty. It extends to the self-righteous press puds too.....I think it was Sam Donaldson that owned some tax scam writeoff deal involving ranch or farm property. I'm sure Jimmy Carter got his piece of the pie with the peanuts too.

    How about we the people call for elimination of the income tax and press for a national consumption tax??

  34. #34
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    The worldcom guy had to give almost all that he gained from his scam back and got 25 years in prison for it, so obviously some of the bad guys are getting what they deserve...

  35. #35
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    The worldcom guy had to give almost all that he gained from his scam back and got 25 years in prison for it, so obviously some of the bad guys are getting what they deserve...
    Finally.......now they need to go after the US businesses ste****g the money in Iraq.......how can you build a reputation in a country when you have no control over your own corruption???? It's a ****ing feeding frenzy for the greedy over there

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •