Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    physio_sport is offline Banned

Ask About Islam? Q&a

I am opening a new thread so people can ask questions about islam.

you can ask pretty much any question as long as it is serious and meaningfull and not done in a way to attack or insult.

but there will be a couple of rules people need to follow.

1. please do not post a massive article that is about 2 pages long will lots of different point. if you want to ask a question please keep it straight forward.

eg. Q. "I would like to ask about dietry requirement for muslims and what the are and are not allowed to eat"

or

Q. "Are muslims allowed to drink alcohol and why or why not" etc...

2. Please use commen sense and do not say something like :

"i saw some random guy from the middle east doing backflips. you muslims are stupid why does your allah command you to do backflips and if you dont why dont you get 72 virgins" etc..

3. Please keep questions short and to the point and do not make them vague and all over the place.

4. you can basically ask any question about anything you are interested in.

5. please do not ask question which go around in circles and waste time and space eg.
    "can god create a rock so heavy and big that he cant lift it"
    or "how can you prove that god exists" or "why doesnt god come to my house and come into my bedroom and answer my quesions personally" etc..

6. please dont swear or curse and please dont say things to insult people and get this thread locked.

7. only me and caucasion and zoaib will answer your question please other muslims do not answer questions that are asked. your probably wondering why i said this its too keep confusion to a minimum becuase there are many types of varitations in islam such as shia, sunni, whabbi, sufi,
    alevi < fake muslims, mirza etc... and each have different beliefs and becuase i know caucasion and zoaib they both follow a similar style to me(but im slightly more extreme then they are)
    this is the most important rule. if other muslims want to answer questions please start a new thread and explain at the top what country your from and what style of islam you follow and in what countries that style is followed. thanks.

thnaks guys.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 07-23-2005 at 04:43 PM.

zOaib is offline VET
    Aozu billah e minashaitan nir rajeem , Bismillah hir rahman nir raheem .

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Why do you guys always smell like cabbage?

JOKE

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I can start of with these 2.

What is the reason for muslims to consider jesus only a prophet and not the son of god?

When was islam created?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What is up with Temporary Marriages?

Isn't that just the same as prostitution?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I can start of with these 2.

What is the reason for muslims to consider jesus only a prophet and not the son of god?
    muslims belive that jesus is not the son of god becuase of the following :

before jesus was about to be killed god said :

Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
    003:055

where it says of all falsehoods it is talking about jesus being the son of god.

And there is not one of the followers of the Book but most certainly believes in this before his death, and on the day of resurrection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them.[4:159]

[4.157] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs. [4.171]

And most certainly We gave Musa the Book and We sent apostles after him one after another; and We gave Isa, the son of Marium, clear arguments and strengthened him with the holy spirit, What! whenever then an apostle came to you with that which your souls did not desire, you were insolent so you called some liars and some you slew.[2:87]

Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.[2:136]

[2.253] We have made some of these apostles to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.

[3.45] When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).

[3.52] But when Isa perceived unbelief on their part, he said Who will be my helpers in Allah's way? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the way) of Allah: We believe in Allah and bear witness that we are submitting ones.

[3.55] And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.

[3.59] Surely the likeness of Isa is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was.

And We sent after them in their footsteps Isa, son of Marium, verifying what was before him of the Taurat(torah) and We gave him the Injeel(bible) in which was guidance and light, and verifying what was before it of Taurat and a guidance and an admonition for those who guard (against evil).[5.46]

When the disciples said: O Isa son of Marium! will your Lord consent to send down to us food from heaven? He said: Be careful of (your duty to) Allah if you are believers.[5:112]

And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.[5:116]

And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.[61:6]

O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as~ Isa son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.[61:14]

quote which are bold are the major important ones although others are important too but not as much realted to your question as the bold ones.

When was islam created?
    islam means to subit to the will/teachings/command of god.

islam was created when the earth was created but was only followed by "adam" & "eve".
    the islam thaat your thinking of is the islam of the quran or the following of the final testament(quran). the quran was written and preserved almost 1400+ years ago. the islam of the quran that we follow has never been altered since the day it was written and each copy of the quran on earth is 100% identical word for word, sentence for sentence and punctuation mark for punctuation mark and muslims belive they need to preserve this so that they can pass on the islam to the next generation.

i hope the above is clear.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 07-20-2005 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    What is up with Temporary Marriages?

Isn't that just the same as prostitution?
    yes temporary marriges are a form of prostitution and are forbidden in all major variations of islam apart from SHIA style islam(practiced in iraq/iran) and millitaguy(shia) all other muslims denounce tempory marrige and have made it illegle and any body who practices tempory marrige in most muslims countries is thrown in jail or lashed.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Why do some consider jihad and others dont. Where is the line drawn that differintiates the two. I mean we can all read a verse and get somithing different from it where are some getting the falsehoods in my opinion called jihad.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    is this true...
    -the prophet and his army used to go into non-muslim countries....and tell the ppl to convert to islam..if not....then they have to pay tax to be protected..if they didnt..."they"(the prophet and his army) kill them ..its called invading..y couldnt the muslims leave non-muslims countries alone??if they werent attacking?

.so why are muslims mad @ US&israeal when "they"(muslims) have done the same thing?

thnx

thanks it cleared out my question. But created a new one. In the verses you quoted the holy spirit is mentioned. What is the holy spirit?

And most certainly We gave Musa the Book and We sent apostles after him one after another; and We gave Isa, the son of Marium, clear arguments and strengthened him with the holy spirit, What! whenever then an apostle came to you with that which your souls did not desire, you were insolent so you called some liars and some you slew.[2:87]
    Im guessing this isnt the same holy spirit as in christianity since islaml doesnt include the trinity?

oh and i used to be a muslim like 5-7 years ago....so i know the stories....keep it real ......

-is it halal(rite according to islam) to kill a person that has left islam?

Quote Originally Posted by skiing
    Why do some consider jihad and others dont. Where is the line drawn that differintiates the two. I mean we can all read a verse and get somithing different from it where are some getting the falsehoods in my opinion called jihad.
    jihad has to be carried out by every muslims on earth any muslim who refuses to participate in jihad when called is a kaffir.

what you are confusing is modern day jihad of man vesus jihad of the quran.
    these are two completely different jihads. jihad of man is when mans heart desires jihad but on the other hand jihad of the quran is jihad which is done to streghten religon and protect muslims from invasion & humiliation.

eg. when saddam hussian(non-muslim) called on jihad against america when america invaded iraq this would be known as jihad of man which offers no benifit to islam and only offers benifit to saddam hussian this is know as the jihad of man.

on the other hand you have the real jihad like in places like palestine, kashmir and chechnya where muslims are being killed and slaughtered and every muslim on earth with capability to go and defend muslims has to go and if he has the capability to go as in resources and does not go he is commiting a gret treason against islam. a muslim that goes and fights in these countrys to defend the muslims is a hero.

under islam killing a civillian is illegle and can never be accepted but legitimate targets under islamic law are the following :

-soldiers
    -reserve soldiers
    -conscripts
    -mercineries
    -contract fighters
    -any one who is under a contract with the millitry/millita of a country or group.

also note : under western law reserve soldiers and soldiers are considered different and consider civillians but under islamic law reserve soldiers are considered soldiers and not civillains so under islamic law reserve soldiers are legitimate millitry targets. also mercineries or "guns for hire" are also legitimate millitry targets. basically anyone who is in contract with the government to fight for the country or fight on behalf of and orginisation is considered a soldier.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 07-20-2005 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    oh and i used to be a muslim like 5-7 years ago....so i know the stories....keep it real ......

this is debaitable depending on the school.

a person who is born into a family whos parents are muslims does not make the child a muslim. thats kind of like saying if your parents are gay that you will also be gay when being gay is your choice.

execution is only for those who make a mockery of islam by converting into islam and then converting out of islam. but if a person is born in a muslim family then they cannot be killed becuase they are not muslims.

thanks it cleared out my question. But created a new one. In the verses you quoted the holy spirit is mentioned. What is the holy spirit?

Im guessing this isnt the same holy spirit as in christianity since islaml doesnt include the trinity?
    the arch angel gabreil is the holy spirit.

also i would like to ask you how where you a muslims and what makes you think you where a muslim? just becuase you where born in a muslim family does not make you a muslim thats kind of like a person with a six-pack is not automatically mr olympia.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for your reply. BLC Very informative and good luck with everything. I was raised mormon and we are pretty much hated and looked down on. I left the religion because i dont understand how only a select few will go to heaven when others wont doesnt make sense to me. I believe in god and know that he is much more than i am and i wouldnt condemn people on the basis of never getting the opportunity that is so easily given to others. My gf is jewish american jewish none the less she is the best person i have ever known. Yet my mormon compatriots would condemn her cause she was never baptised in jesus name illogical to me. well thanks for your reply. BLC

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    execution is only for those who make a mockery of islam by converting into islam and then converting out of islam. but if a person is born in a muslim family then they cannot be killed becuase they are not muslims.
    HOLY CRAP!!!!! its like a gang!!!! if u join u cant leave!!!!!????

how would a person know if i was a born muslims or not!!!! they would kill me?

So if some1 joined islam then decided they didnt want to ud kill them??

Amazing....well I will be a muslim for a week....and then quit......Id like to see some1 do smth to me....

Dude are u serious?? ud kill some1 cuz they joined and then left?????.....

no offense...but if u ever tried to do that to me or some1 i know....Id kill u only as self defense....

who the hell are you to determine who lives and dies???? and for joining a religion then leaving it???
    SICK

Thanks for your reply. BLC Very informative and good luck with everything. I was raised mormon and we are pretty much hated and looked down on. I left the religion because i dont understand how only a select few will go to heaven when others wont doesnt make sense to me. I believe in god and know that he is much more than i am and i wouldnt condemn people on the basis of never getting the opportunity that is so easily given to others. My gf is jewish american jewish none the less she is the best person i have ever known. Yet my mormon compatriots would condemn her cause she was never baptised in jesus name illogical to me. well thanks for your reply. BLC
    no problem. in islam you dont need to be baptised becuase no body is responisble for another persons sins. also this is slightly off topic but there is abolutly nothing wrong with a man wanting to marry a women of the book(eg. chritian or jewish) and you should be proud that you got yourself a women of jewish faith as it is considered okay by god.

This day are all things good and pure made lawful to you.... Lawful to you in marriage are not only chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book(bible and torah), revealed before your time, when you give them their due dowers, and desire chastity not lewdness. If any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost" (Qur'an 5:5).

also everyman and women has the oppertunity to goto heaven and noone will be denyed becuase of numbers but they will be denyed becuase of the lack of good deads and faith.

Amazing....well I will be a muslim for a week....and then quit......Id like to see some1 do smth to me....

no offense...but if u ever tried to do that to me or some1 i know....Id kill u only as self defense....

who the hell are you to determine who lives and dies???? and for joining a religion then leaving it???
    SICK

did i say i was going to kill you you idiot?

i was just replying to your question about execution and leaving islam. see its idiots like you who make a mockery out of religon where you say "well I will be a muslim for a week....and then quit......Id like to see some1 do smth to me...." its that type of stupidity that gets people killed when they offend other people beliefs. if you dont belive in islam then **** off nobody is making you stay and islam will be a million times better without you. read the title of this thread it's called Q&A about islam to learn about islam & considering you "used" to be a "muslim" why are you wasting your time in the this thread considering you "know" "everything" about "islam".

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    hey man, whats the stick called used to brush your teeth? and why the washing of the hands and feet from left to right?

why pray 5 times a day?

kewl...kewl

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    what do Muslims think of people who don't follow any organized religion, but do not refute the possibility of god or that any one religion is correct. Basically, do you think that god knows each persons true intentions even if they are clouded to that person themselves. If so, do Muslims believe that anybody who holds true to their own beliefs because they have thought long and hard about them and do not follow organized religion...do Muslims consider them unbelievers and not worthy of heaven or a good afterlife?

As opposed to someone who is a christian or muslim because that's what their parents taught them to be and they never put any independet deep contemplation about the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    hey man, whats the stick called used to brush your teeth? and why the washing of the hands and feet from left to right?
    the stick is called a Siwak it has anti-septic and teeth cleaning properties and kills basteria in the mouth its a traditional tooth brush used by muslims for over 1400 years. when a muslim pray they have to clean there mouth and should not pray if they have bad breath becuase it insults the word of prayer.

also people who do things like brush there teeth with siwak and wash from left to right are known as sunni becuase they follow something know as the Sunna which is following of the traditions of the prophets and they copy what the prophets used to do that why they wash from 1 side to the other the same way as the prophets used to when they where preparing to pray.

why pray 5 times a day?
    muslims pray "5 times" a day becuase to rember god and to remebe islam throughout the day. in reality it should be called the 5 prayers rather then praying 5 times a day becuase if a person times there prayers correctly then they only need to pray 3 times a day becuase they can :

1 read the 1st prayer when waking up
    2. read the 2nd and 3rd in the afternoon (timed perfectly)
    3 read the 4 and 5th at night.

but you need to remeber that they need to be timed correctly for example the 5th prayer starts at 20:00 then you should start reading the 4th at 19:55 and by the time you finished the 5th has started and you can then read that kind of like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

the following is not your question answered but it covers alot of things you need to know about prayer like information of why it is done i copyed it from islamonline.net

--------------------------
    http://www.islamonline.net/askabouti...uestionID=9246

Moving to the rest of your question, you need to know that all the rites of `ibadah (worship) as practiced by a Muslim are the external expressions of his or her taqwa (piety). Therefore, the first duty of a Muslim is to be sincerely devoted to Allah Almighty. Our devotion to Allah depends largely on our knowledge of the Qur’an and the teachings of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). For this reason, it is necessary for a Muslim to be constantly looking for guidance from the Qur’an by learning its verses and pondering over them. This is the best way to get spiritually enlightened, and so lead a truly Islamic life. The same applies to hadiths too. The Prophet’s life and his teachings always provide us with incentives and the inspiration to shape our lives within the framework of the Sunnah.

The Qur’an is a great reminder of our fundamental duty to the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. We cannot afford to be negligent—even for a second, if we think about it—of our complete dependence on Allah for everything. Every moment that presents itself before us is an immense treasure, and those who waste it, lose it for ever. The Qur’an offers a value system that enables us to put all the varied aspects of our lives in order. As the Qur’an is divine guidance, it is Allah Almighty Who speaks to us as to how we must determine our priorities and concerns. A Muslim who knows this and seeks to follow that guidance holds his or her duties to Allah as the first and foremost concern.

In other words, our duty to our God is the ultimate concern to which all other concerns and considerations are subject and subordinate. Thus, to a Muslim, prayer, fasting, zakah and Hajj occupy the top of the scale of priorities, and a Muslim does not neglect any of them.

The point I want to stress is that you need to learn the Qur’an well so that you become aware of the imperative need of constantly seeking Allah’s guidance in all aspects of your life.

The Qur’an asks us to “establish” prayer, not to “perform” prayer, to keep God in constant remembrance. Once we become attached to the Qur’an, we cannot look at prayer merely as routine or as something we do for the sake of doing. That is to say, prayer then ceases to be a perfunctory task; rather it involves our body, mind, and soul in the most profound manner.

I hope the above words are helpful to you.
    May Allah Almighty bless you and guide you in all your efforts in His way!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    hmmm neat.

The fella that used to do that was named Mohammed, and I really like him. He was a really good person.

He used to call a mattress (bed mattress).. a "Matter rass" heheheee he had a bit of an accent ehhehe

he was a good guy. Where can you get those Siwaks?

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    what do Muslims think of people who don't follow any organized religion, but do not refute the possibility of god or that any one religion is correct. Basically, do you think that god knows each persons true intentions even if they are clouded to that person themselves. If so, do Muslims believe that anybody who holds true to their own beliefs because they have thought long and hard about them and do not follow organized religion...do Muslims consider them unbelievers and not worthy of heaven or a good afterlife?

As opposed to someone who is a christian or muslim because that's what their parents taught them to be and they never put any independet deep contemplation about the matter.
    i would like to add a couple of things to what you said to clear up a few things.

1. islam is not an organised religon. the church(chritianity) is an organised religon)

2. there are many thaughts of school(different cersion of islamic following)

a.some belive that every person will goto hell(including muslims) and when they have payed there punishment for sins then they will all goto heaven but each person/groups will got different levels of heaven the highest being closet to god where muslims will be.

b.only muslims will goto heaven. and no matter what non-muslims do it will not benifit them on the day of judement.

c.only people who belive in bible, torah and quran will goto heaven.

d. anyone who belive in the final day(judement day) allah(god) and juses and mohammed as prophets will goto heaven and have nothing to fear.

but also note that muslims belive that nobody is promised heaven not even muslims and everyone has to earn there place by doing good deads and person with good deads is better then someone with none thats why muslims participate in charity and other causes so that they increase there deads and show god that they care about him and everything that he has created.
    best course of action speaking from an islamic point of view is to be muslim belive/read quran and atleast attemp to follow the suras/sunnas and then a peson has nothing to fear.

what do you personaly think would happen to a very kind and helpfull but non muslim(and not jewish or christian either)man that has helped the poor and realy done alot of good in his life?

what if I live my life by basic good human nature. And even though by nature I follow many teachings of the bible and the quran, but I follow them not because I think I should but because I want to live that way. even though I'm not Muslim and I do many unselfish deeds everyday there are still Muslims who think I'll burn in hell? for being a good person?

EDIT: looks like johan beat me to it

oh one more question. I just figured Islam was an organized religion, I mean there are many sects of Christianity like Islam, what differentiates one from the other in the respect of being an organized religion or not?

hmmm neat.

The fella that used to do that was named Mohammed, and I really like him. He was a really good person.

He used to call a mattress (bed mattress).. a "Matter rass" heheheee he had a bit of an accent ehhehe

he was a good guy. Where can you get those Siwaks?

hey bro if i had some i would send you them for free but i dont so sorry. when someone from my family goes to pakistan or saudia arabia or any muslims country they usally bring them back but they get used up.

but i know of a place on the internet it not really a stick but extracts of it in a toothpaste style and its called a Miswak (Miswaak) on this website becuase the name varies between different style of writting and country and bread of plant. :

http://www.islamicjewellery.co.uk/in...b16a0c11125e77

oh one more question. I just figured Islam was an organized religion, I mean there are many sects of Christianity like Islam, what differentiates one from the other in the respect of being an organized religion or not?
    it would seem as if islam is an organised relion but it is not becuase it does not have a "hiracy"(spellings) like in christianity nobody has the autoirty in islam to banish a person for exampke from the mosque or islam like they have in christianity and the pope who can ex-comunicate people from god.

in islam even the calipahte(democratically elected leader) is not a leader of islam or muslims but is just a leader of the muslim country and millitry. whats happen nowadays is that people have manipulated the quran and are doing things which have no backing from islam for example IMAMS and aytollahs who are meant to be teachers are now becomming leaders of groups and this is forbidden and these people should just remain as teachers.

ahhh that makes sense then, thanks for clearing it up.

what if I live my life by basic good human nature. And even though by nature I follow many teachings of the bible and the quran, but I follow them not because I think I should but because I want to live that way. even though I'm not Muslim and I do many unselfish deeds everyday there are still Muslims who think I'll burn in hell? for being a good person?

EDIT: looks like johan beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    what do you personaly think would happen to a very kind and helpfull but non muslim(and not jewish or christian either)man that has helped the poor and realy done alot of good in his life
    well personally in my opinion < my opinion and only my opinion i think that a person will temporary go to hell for whatever sins they have done and also be punished for disbelief in god but will one day be relised into a lower form of heaven furthest away from god becuase htye did not belive in his sent messages but one day all hell will be empty after everyone has payed for there sins. but a person should rather take a safe alternative rather then a "what if" alternative like i have given. becuase at the end of the day i dont know what god thinks and i may be cmpletly wrong in what i have written so take a safe option rather then a "what if/maybe/what do you think" option

hey guys sorry to go but i will be back tommorow. got to go to sleep. bye.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    In the Quran in any verse, it will say fight, if you are attacked. It never says "Attack", it says something like "if you are attacked you attack back".

There is not one verse when it says fight just because.

why does islam discriminate against women???

like requiring 2 women for 1 man when testifying?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AND THIS QUESTION STILL REMAINS....

is this true...
    -the prophet and his army used to go into non-muslim countries....and tell the ppl to convert to islam..if not....then they have to pay tax to be protected..if they didnt..."they"(the prophet and his army) kill them ..its called invading..y couldnt the muslims leave non-muslims countries alone??if they werent attacking?

.so why are muslims mad @ US&israeal when "they"(muslims) have done the same thing?

thnx

The Hadiths are harsh on Apostates, a person that leaves Islam. The Quran doesnt mention death to 20 cases of Apostacy in the Quran.

"Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe again, then disbelieve, and then increase in their disbelief - Allah will never forgive them nor guide them to the path." Surah An-Nisa', 4:137.

"Let there be no compulsion in the religion: Surely the Right Path is clearly distinct from the crooked path." Al Baqarah, 2:256.

AND THIS QUESTION STILL REMAINS....

is this true...

thnx
    Those are two political questions. Nothing to do with Islam.

like requiring 2 women for 1 man when testifying?
    This is a gross mis-representation. The woman testimony is equal to the man's testimony except in one case only, the financial transactions. This is according to 2:282;

[ 2:282] O you who believe, when you transact a loan for any period, you shall write it down. An impartial scribe shall do the writing. ........ Two men shall serve as witnesses; if not two men, then a man and two women whose testimony is acceptable to all. Thus, if one woman becomes biased, the other will remind her. It is the obligation of the witnesses to testify when called upon to do so. ......

Financial transactions are the ONLY situations where two women may substitute for one man as witness. This is to guard against the real possibility that one witness may marry the other witness, and thus cause her to be biased. It is a recognized fact that women are more emotionally vulnerable than men. If the woman as a witness was worth half that of a man, the verse would have stated so clearly. But obviously that is not the case. Women's testimony in all other matters are equal to that of a man or even supersedes his testimony as in the case of a wife testifying against her accusation of adultery, 24:6-10.

http://www.submission.org/women/mis.html

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Those are two political questions. Nothing to do with Islam.
    If u dont wanna answer the question just say it...... its ur rite...but dont try to change the subject.....

the 1st one bout invading did happen and it was led by the prophet....

2nd one is in the koran...

how are they not related to islam ???

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    This is a gross mis-representation. The woman testimony is equal to the man's testimony except in one case only, the financial transactions. This is according to 2:282;

[ 2:282] O you who believe, when you transact a loan for any period, you shall write it down. An impartial scribe shall do the writing. ........ Two men shall serve as witnesses; if not two men, then a man and two women whose testimony is acceptable to all. Thus, if one woman becomes biased, the other will remind her. It is the obligation of the witnesses to testify when called upon to do so. ......

Financial transactions are the ONLY situations where two women may substitute for one man as witness. This is to guard against the real possibility that one witness may marry the other witness, and thus cause her to be biased. It is a recognized fact that women are more emotionally vulnerable than men. If the woman as a witness was worth half that of a man, the verse would have stated so clearly. But obviously that is not the case. Women's testimony in all other matters are equal to that of a man or even supersedes his testimony as in the case of a wife testifying against her accusation of adultery, 24:6-10.

http://www.submission.org/women/mis.html
    so what if they both marry the man??? which is allowed in Islam???

or wut if the men marry each other????

so what if they both marry the man??? which is allowed in Islam???

or wut if the men marry each other????
    Then somebody gets screwed over.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information