Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: religion....

IronFreakX is offline Banned

religion....

why do people care bout it so much??its just a book...like ne other cook book or bodybuilding....or a fantasy/sci-fi story...nothing special bout it....islam , christianity , etc..... just books....y do people need them? or get really angry over them?? imagine me saying fight club is a new religion and tyler durden is god....sounds kinda stupid to me

we do need rules and laws...yes...but no religion incorporated into those laws...
    ie: here in egypt there is a law that says if u eat in the streets during ramadan u will pay a fine or go to prison..well no1 applies it but it does exist.... ....wierd.....i had to drink my food shakes during ramadan...and ppl were cursing , giving me looks , etc.....

My point is...if religion disappeared....and new law were put..the world would be a better place...tell me wut u think....

note: to all religious ppl...take god , and ur religion outta the equation while answering think logically...not religously...

peace....

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

zoso428 is offline Associate Member
    without religion there would without a doubt be total anarchy..religion helps define the moral boundaries for thousands..religion (at least in the west) has made established views such as monogamy, freedom, all men created equal, murder, adultery, and millions of others...case and point (just one example) monogamy look at africa ..that is why the US govt is sending Catholic Missionaries over there help preach the ideas of abstinence and monogamy.....without them AIDS as well as many other STD run rampant.....religion goes hand and hand with civilization...mostly all religions preach the same thing of being good to thy fellow man which is the concetp of a civilizated nation...unless the religions messages are interpretted in an extremely wrong way as the middle east is famous for

very smart and mature of u.....im looking for real answers not s***...if i want s***...i can good look in a m***** or at ur other posts.....

im hoping you were talking to militia and not me...as my post was very thought out and brought up key poitns with citations

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Religion can make people narrowminded, however whatever faith one subscribes to is meant to teach that there is something greater than ourselves.

People look to religion for comfort, guiding principles, and base their morality on it.

People would still rape, murder, and steal regardless of whether or not religion was a part of the equation. How could the world possibly be a better place without it?

Eliminate the media if you really want to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by zoso428
    without religion there would without a doubt be total anarchy..religion helps define the moral boundaries for thousands..religion (at least in the west) has made established views such as monogamy, freedom, all men created equal, murder, adultery, and millions of others...case and point (just one example) monogamy look at africa ..that is why the US govt is sending Catholic Missionaries over there help preach the ideas of abstinence and monogamy.....without them AIDS as well as many other STD run rampant.....religion goes hand and hand with civilization...mostly all religions preach the same thing of being good to thy fellow man which is the concetp of a civilizated nation...unless the religions messages are interpretted in an extremely wrong way as the middle east is famous for
    well there would be laws to follow ...this cant be done in 1 . 5 , 10 years..it will take alot of time to make it almost perfect....and make sure there are now flaws or holes that people can abuse....

laws to ensure every1 is living peacefully and everything will be thot over...nothing for personal intrest.....everything will be considerd..from murder , to steroids , to everyday things , it will need alot of time...but if it is done i think the world will be a better place....

im hoping you were talking to militia and not me...as my post was very thought out and brought up key poitns with citations
    Not you!!....

i see your reasoning but i disagree i believe many people look to religion as their answer for right and wrong especially when it comes to ethics.....there are many thing i know i can get away with that are illegal but becasue I am a religous person I know I answer to a higher power above govt that will know about everything I do.....with only govt to answer to i think ethics would decline to the point where a state of anarchy would exist..."laws to ensure every1 is living peacefully and everything will be thot over...nothing for personal intrest....."IMO sound a lil too communistic for me and is not appe****g to me at all..my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    well there would be laws to follow ...this cant be done in 1 . 5 , 10 years..it will take alot of time to make it almost perfect....and make sure there are now flaws or holes that people can abuse....

laws to ensure every1 is living peacefully and everything will be thot over...nothing for personal intrest.....everything will be considerd..from murder , to steroids , to everyday things , it will need alot of time...but if it is done i think the world will be a better place....
    Who decides to make the laws? I always have felt lawmakers are more concerned about power than their constituency.

Why don't we just have a redistribution of wealth so that every class of people around the world has an equal amount of possessions.

The world is full of haves and have nots, and that will never change regardless of what laws are in place. While your intentions are noble, your obliviousness to the world we live in shocks me.

Tie the elimination of religion into EVERY argument because that is the foundation of your hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by daem
    Religion can make people narrowminded, however whatever faith one subscribes to is meant to teach that there is something greater than ourselves.

People look to religion for comfort, guiding principles, and base their morality on it.

People would still rape, murder, and steal regardless of whether or not religion was a part of the equation. How could the world possibly be a better place without it?

Eliminate the media if you really want to change the world.
    the media is crap.....( i will post another thread later bout media and politcs) i havent watched TV in over 3 months now....cept 2 hours exactly....

I think alot of people need religion to feel comforted when shit happens...and to feel that everything is happening for a reason..maybe religion will be there but altered.....to make sure its not abused...

for the rape , murder , etc...
    an elite police force...which will control it....this could be wrong cuz corrupition could happen and we go back to square one...like i said....im thinking alot bout this....if it ever happens it will take alot of time to develop probably more than 100 years......but imagine the possibities....it will be amazin if that happened

Who decides to make the laws? I always have felt lawmakers are more concerned about power than their constituency.

Why don't we just have a redistribution of wealth so that every class of people around the world has an equal amount of possessions.

The world is full of haves and have nots, and that will never change regardless of what laws are in place. While your intentions are noble, your obliviousness to the world we live in shocks me.

Tie the elimination of religion into EVERY argument because that is the foundation of your hypothesis.
    corruption is a major issue...it could start with smth as small as...a person in power...his brother or friend killed some1 while driving...and he made an excuse for him...so there we go again.....

like i said it will need alot of time.....i mean damn...we're smart enough to go to the moon , but we cant live in peace and have some tolerance....

I think you hate religion because it inevitably manifests itself as hypocricy in a percentage of those that subscribe. Whether this number is 10%, 20%, 70% we will never know.

Drugs will always exist and be abused.
    Power and money drive those that do not have it to get as much of it as possible.
    Sex crimes will always occur.
    People will kill to defend themselves, or to acquire money or power.

No system that humans could ever create and operate will ever be flawless or without blemish.

the following are from satanism....i agree with most of them...and i think theyre a good start....maybe they wont work in the system im thinking bout...but i dunno i think theyre good....

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
    I Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

I think its good...but wut if i see some1 cutting their writs should we just leave them?? i think this was to cut down on negative opinions , advice like be a muslim or die , people bothering u at the gym to tell u ur working out wrong...and not the 1st one....

II Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.

I think this is good too cuz it can put people in an akward postion....phycitrists will be very rich people

III When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

Agree 100%.....

IV If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

well depends...I think a "leave my house" would be more civil....

V Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Raping , harrasments , etc.... will happen alot less.....but not every1 can know so its kinda flawed but it does serve a purpose....

VI Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.

Agreed 100%......

VII Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

I think its just a mental part of the religion...like when people pray or think they pray to god they feel better and acomplish more..while in reality...if u work hard for wut u want...u will probably get it.....

VIII Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

agreed 100%

IX Do not harm little children.

wut if children commit murder??? should the same law be applied to them??

again i think this was meant to stop child molestation and the allegation about satanism that they sacrifice babies

X Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.

agreed 100%.....

XI When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

agree...but u dont just kill some1 cuz they bother u many times....the elite police force should interfere...or now "the blue people in badges"....useless...

Anton Szandor LaVey, 1967 c.e.

I think you hate religion because it inevitably manifests itself as hypocricy in a percentage of those that subscribe. Whether this number is 10%, 20%, 70% we will never know.

Drugs will always exist and be abused.
    Power and money drive those that do not have it to get as much of it as possible.
    Sex crimes will always occur.
    People will kill to defend themselves, or to acquire money or power.

No system that humans could ever create and operate will ever be flawless or without blemish.
    Yes i hate religion for that reason.....

-legalizing drugs...will turn alot of people intro drug addicts....they are illegal and ppl still use them...i dunno the solution...and they cant just stop..cuz i think cocaine is made outta cocoa leaves...so there will be a chance that some1 will start making coke again...

-if every1 was given power , money , etc... it would be less but there will still be power mongers....
    -sex crimes will occur...too bad....but i think it can be controlled in many ways...like fullfilling peoples desires...how dont ask me......but i think it could be decreased if certain ations were taken....

true...humans will always operate on wuts best for them....not the rest of the world..but i think if every had wut they need...they will start thinking bout the world...and not being selfish....

zOaib is offline VET
    people who denounce religion are Mostly the ones who cannot abide by its laws , that is HYPOCRATES ( i am not directing this statement to anyone specific ) religion has been on this planet before man implemented his own laws , religon has been there to govern man and in a limit of morality ............ without morality man is no different than any other beast .............. religion seperates the beast from nature of man , and gives him/her a higher status in the ladder of life ..................... without religion (judaism , christianity or Islam , and other religons ) there would be utter chaos , cause man is not fully capable of making laws that would govern everyone ............. cause man himself is the creator of chaos ................... this topic is a very broad and deep topic ............... but bottom line is without religion MORALITY has no definition at all !

Of course i cant abide by its laws!!!!...i dont wanna stop edit: eating.. for 13 hours (rite?) one month outta a year for the rest of my life...i dont wanna get married...but i wanna keep having sex.....alcohol....i dunno bout it...its a problem IMO...I do drink...but alcohol causes alot of trouble.....i guess it would serve the world better if it was not discovered....and like to gamble...its my money.....

these things need to be watched , observed make sure they dont cause trouble...very hard IMO...cuz ur facing unwanted preganancies , diseases , poverty , addiction( alcohol) , maybe even murder..from jealousy , alcohol intoxication wether by accident like driving or intentionally.....

To me religion....is written by people like u and me....every1 thinks that their religion is the best and they are rite...cuz if they didnt...they wouldnt follow it....
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 07-26-2005 at 08:40 AM.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    why do people care bout it so much??its just a book...like ne other cook book or bodybuilding....or a fantasy/sci-fi story...nothing special bout it....islam , christianity , etc..... just books....y do people need them? or get really angry over them?? imagine me saying fight club is a new religion and tyler durden is god....sounds kinda stupid to me

we do need rules and laws...yes...but no religion incorporated into those laws...
    ie: here in egypt there is a law that says if u eat in the streets during ramadan u will pay a fine or go to prison..well no1 applies it but it does exist.... ....wierd.....i had to drink my food shakes during ramadan...and ppl were cursing , giving me looks , etc.....

My point is...if religion disappeared....and new law were put..the world would be a better place...tell me wut u think....

note: to all religious ppl...take god , and ur religion outta the equation while answering think logically...not religously...

peace....

this a joke thread? if not, ridiculous. How can you ask religious people to take god out of the equation and answer logically? My logic tells me you arent thinking logically.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    this a joke thread? if not, ridiculous. How can you ask religious people to take god out of the equation and answer logically? My logic tells me you arent thinking logically.
    no its serious......im asking religious people to take god outta the equation to think clearly....
    ie: if u were a judge...and some1 u know very well stole money...u think u would rule the same way if u didnt know the person??.....if u can do that..then u get two thumbs up...even tho people will say ofcourse ill do the rite thing...ive seen many do the opposite...

im asking ppl to think from a logical clear point of view....not affected by fear of them doing smth wrong infront of the eyes of god while stating their opinions......

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050726/...lands_van_gogh

In his earlier court appearance, Bouyeri said he had acted in the name of Islam and felt no pain for Van Gogh's family. "What moved me to do what I did was purely my faith," he told the court. "I was motivated by the law that commands me to cut off the head of anyone who insults Allah and his prophet."

!!!!! that kinda crap is exactly wut we dont need......

Van Gogh, a distant relative of the 18th-century painter Vincent van Gogh, was a social critic and columnist who attacked the treatment of women in fundamentalist Islamic households in a short film, "Submission," which offended many Muslims.

lets compare...this to my training.....

if some1 made a film bout the kind of training me and other people followed and it said that its a bad system...why should we care??? if we are happy with it and seeing results....i wouldnt kill people cuz they thot my way of doing things are wrong.......
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 07-26-2005 at 09:45 AM. Reason: I like big boobs and i cannot lie....but a perfect ass..!!! damn u cant beat that...

I apologize if i offended ne1 by saying "that kinda crap"....i will not make fun of curse at ur methods of de****g with different opinions....again i apologize......

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    All this talk coming from a Satan worshipper, who belives in Satanism.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned

Van Gogh, a distant relative of the 18th-century painter Vincent van Gogh, was a social critic and columnist who attacked the treatment of women in fundamentalist Islamic households in a short film, "Submission," which offended many Muslims.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4583885.stm

A chechen is also held for this act. But I am sorry, people should think before attacking Islam publicly in such a large scale.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    men are weak and need to be lead by forces!

well most of them!

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    All this talk coming from a Satan worshipper, who belives in Satanism.
    MAN WILL YOU GET IT THRU UR THICH$^y*&_+*@&^_ SKULL!!!!!

I DO NOT WORSHIP SATAN , I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SATAN

Questions in red are ones that will intrest u...feel free to read the others...

What is Satanism?

Satanism, the first carnal religion in human history, was codified and established by Anton Szandor LaVey (1930-1997) with the founding of the Church of Satan in 1966 C.E. (Year One). It is a religion and a philosophy based on man as he really is: a carnal being free from the fiction that is spirituality and one who champions total responsibility, pragmatism, and the here-and-now. Currently, the Church of Satan is headed by High Priest Peter H. Gilmore, High Priestess Peggy Nadramia, and Magistra Blanche Barton. Additional information on Church of Satan hierarchical structure, policies, updates, and more can be found at the CoS website.

Satanism has been referred to as an "unreligion" in the sense that it does not subscribe to the notion of an anthropomorphic deity and, by extension, some being who must be worshiped, its most common misconception. Others say that Satanism is challenging popular notions of how 'religion' is defined, not content with the dictates of Judeo-Christian strictures. Both are valid opinions. But for those who feel that deity worship and religion must be and always have been inextricably bound, it should be noted that Satanism's lack of deity belief and deity worship is not singular as Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism (all considered religions the world over) also share this viewpoint. Also, the concept of a literal "Satan" which infiltrates people's lives and influences their decisionmaking is exclusively Christian, and decidedly not Satanic.

Satanism is further described as being a de facto personality type as, in the words of Anton LaVey, "Satanists are born, not made." To try is to lie. It takes a certain set of predispositions to accurately label oneself a Satanist, to naturally feel at home with all that Satanism entails. Satanism, as a philosophy, can be potentially taken and learned from by a large percentage of the population, but this does not make one a Satanist, but, perchance, Satanic. Qualities such as cowardice, insecurity, self-loathing, drug addiction, stupidity, constant life failures, unconditional niceness, and lack of direction (and there are MANY more) are clear indicators that the person in question and the title of Satanist are NOT compatible. For such a person, Satanism isn't a direct reflection of one's core (as it is with Satanists), it can only be a human improvement program at best, which is valid on that level only. This is one distinction that many, be they Satanic "hopeful" or earnest researcher, would be better off to recognize.

It must be stressed that critically reading The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey is tantamount to understanding at least the basics of Satanism. It is the definitive tome of Satanism and cannot be avoided if accurate knowledge of Satanism is desired. As supplement (read: not replacement), perusing some of the Satanic magazines published by Church of Satan members and officials will lend some insight into Satanism in motion, as a productive model. And of course, websites published by these same folks (including myself) are also useful. Conversely, we do not officially advocate chat rooms and message boards as viable sources of Satanic information.

Membership in the Church of Satan is completely voluntary and not required in order to be a Satanist.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is Satan?

In Satanism, Satan is an archetype, a representation of certain qualities that the Satanist embodies including rational self-interest, avoidance of oppressive mentalities, the questioning of all, and a perseverance towards success and human potential. The Satanic Bible encapsulates this iconography in The Nine Satanic Statements, which are thus:

1) Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
    2) Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
    3) Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
    4) Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
    5) Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
    6) Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
    7) Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!
    8) Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
    9) Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

Inherently, the Satanic archetype is far more diverse than the limited Christian interpretation -- the name/word is notably pre-Christian: from the Hebrew, meaning "adversary", "opposer" or "one who questions" (and the Jewish 'Satan' differs sharply from the Christian one in many ways). Even its etymology is traced back through sources previous to its Hebrew version, from Shaitan (Persian) all the way back to Set (Egyptian). Satanism, to one degree or another, embraces additional cultural and religious ideas, concepts and imagery such as those of ancient Rome and ancient Greece, Zoroasterism, Asatru, Aztec, Hindu and a multitude of others. We also find the Satanic persona emanating from some or all of the literary works of Milton, Nietzsche, Mencken, Maugham, Twain, Rand, Jung, and many more.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can I find an online version of The Satanic Bible?

The Satanic Bible is a copyrighted work. Portions may be used in quotations or used for educational purposes (such as the Fair Use laws of the United States dictate), but there is some hefty litigation potentially awaiting the fool who offers the entire tome electronically. LaVey's death also does not negate this copyright: the work is secured until, at the very soonest, 2047 C.E. Obtaining a copy of TSB is not difficult as there are numerous online booksellers (including Not Like Most's Satanic Books Section, through an association with amazon.com) that sell the basic Satanic texts, and many offline bookstores -- either independent or of the chain-store variety -- who either stock them or will special order them for customers who make the effort to inquire. Collectively, there are so many sellers of Church of Satan-approved books worldwide with so many shipping and payment options that there is no excuse (and we've heard them all) for not being able to legally acquire or purchase them. If you come across a site that is illegally posting portions or whole versions of Church of Satan books, please report them to the CoS Head of Security, Andre Schlesinger. At this point, Avon/HarperCollins and Feral House (the publishers) as well as the Internet Service Provider hosting it will all be contacted and action may be taken on a legal level. Noncompliance with removal of this material often results in the loss of the webmaster's ISP account as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the difference between Satanism and devil worship?

Satanism and devil worship are two distinctly different animals. Devil worship is what it is: the worship of an external deity (in this case, a "devil"), much as it could be labeled inverse Christianity -- that is, confining yourself to the Christian religion and overall model, but merely choosing the "bad guy" in their Bible instead of the purportedly central character. The Satan in Satanism is an archetype, one many know by name and is relative to the culture. Some Satanists choose different aspects of this archetype, depending on geography or just plain aesthetics, but the same characteristics still hold true. It would make little sense for us to claim to embody the archetypal qualities of Satan (rebellion, rational self-interest, carnality, etc.) on one hand, and then attempt to worship an anthropomorphic Satan on the other. In laymen's terms, it's hardly rebellious to worship a figure that represents rebellion. The Satanist finds unproductive and one-sided idol worship to be draining and useless (not to mention hypocritical). Much of this is aptly mentioned in The Satanic Bible and the other books listed in the Satanism section of this website.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Are all of those atrocious and illegal acts people say you commit true?

The Church of Satan harshly frowns upon the commission of any illegal act. If you choose to do so, you do it of your own volition and without the approval and consent of the Church of Satan. That is free will and it has consequences. We have stated since the inception that Satanism has nothing to do with animal or human sacrifice (the top of page 89 of The Satanic Bible states this in black and white, quite clearly). Likewise, we are against child molestation because we hold children in such high regard, seeing them as natural magicians, beings much closer to their nature than most of the consumer-programmed adults out there. If a Church of Satan member is convicted for a serious crime, particularly a violent one and one that violates the tenets of Satanism, that person's membership is often revoked. And, yes, we have kicked people out of the CoS.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't believe in an actual Satan, then why do you say 'Hail Satan' in texts and rituals?

In addition to what is stated before considering how we contextualize Satan, this is my take on this fairly common question:

1) "Hail Satan!" (the exclamation point is optional, though preferred) is often another way of saying "Hail Me!" Since we Satanists embody the qualities of the archetype of Satan, it stands to reason that the phrase is both apropos and analogous. You very well could say "Hail Me!" instead, but keep in mind this...

2) "Hail Satan!" is also a salute to our achievements (both collective and, more importantly, individual), ethics, and heritage. It is a statement of pride in defiance of a polyglot, egalitarian, and ignorant way of life represented by the nauseating Christ ethos and its followers. If we have signed any pact with Satan, it is this. [/COLOR]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by 'Alien Elite'?

We use the phrase, "Alien Elite" to describe ourselves. Often, it is the shortsightedness of people that disallows them to comprehend what this phrase means, even if they've read all of our books, magazines, and websites. Typically, they skip the word "alien." A big mistake, considering that it is an important modifier in the term. What it means is that we, as Satanists, are largely alien in the society at large: we do not generally subscribe to the disposable, consumer-obsessed culture that others do, our issues are different, the stands we take are often neither right nor left but something else entirely (one aspect of what we refer to as The Third Side), we question everything in a world that mostly goes along with established thought and rarely inquires as to how or why, and we simply represent something that most do not (some could say that we are not like most) -- all of this is in step with the archetype of Satan which we embrace. And we also embrace this alienation. By living such a pure and undiluted life, we are, in many ways, better than most of the human sheep. By being a minority (and we will always be a minority due to the laws of nature -- she simply does not give all of her gifts to all people) and possessing pragmatic and forward-thinking values that are above the interest of the masses, plus adding the intellect and instinct, the creativity and the resourcefulness, and all of those qualities reflected in our books, we are indeed the Alien Elite. In short, word usage and context matter.

Anton LaVey is merely ripping off other philosophers.

Extremely limited (and limiting) thinking, indeed. When LaVey refers to an idea, concept, or quote derived or taken from someone else, he often cites the author, either in the paragraph or in the indices of his books. If anything LaVey writes seems or is similar to past concepts, oftentimes, it is augmented with modern circumstances, his own thoughts, and is analogous to our philosophy. Seeing that Satanism is a work in progress, something like science meets philosophy, we are fully justified in choosing the concepts of old, working with them in our context and taking them into the future. (If we didn't, who else would?) Same thing scientists, doctors, psychologists, and many other professionals do. Nothing would get done if individuals merely went along with established thought and never added to it. It's evolution, pure and simple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Church of Satan charges application fees for membership and further involvement and accepts money from people. Sounds like your garden-variety, tent-show, evangelist scam.

First off, you are probably confusing two different terms. The Church of Satan is an organization. Satanism is a religion. Since we are one of the few (if not, one of the ONLY) religions whose organized body REJECTS the tax exempt status other religions cling to, the CoS accepts money to keep it moving, and we pay BACK into the economic system. (This is but one manifestation of our ethic, "Responsibility to the responsible.") The money that the Church of Satan receives for its unsolicited memberships and fees goes to administrative costs, such as those incurred by any other organization. If a credible Satanist pays into the CoS, he or she does this in support, and does it with the mindfulness that any true Satanist possesses. You don't even have to be a member of the CoS to be a Satanist, so no money is required in that capacity, unlike that required by others for tithes, collection plates, and holy corn meal. The monetary fee, by extension, also keeps out most of the unwanted trend chaser and occult dabbler types.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I really want to join the Church of Satan... I mean, A LOT! I want to be a Priest and be one of you. I want magical powers and a direct phone-line to Satan.

The Church of Satan is an organization which recognizes worth in individuals based on actual achievement in the real world. Titles in the Church of Satan are strictly based on such concrete qualities, and are not achievements in and of themselves. Aside from Registered Membership, all Church of Satan titles are granted by appointment only and for which cannot be applied. This is, no doubt, of great dismay to those who wish to claim Satanic affiliation in an "official" sense yet lack personal success, direction, or influence upon their daily lives. Since we reject spirituality as patent nonsense, we are not interested in those chasing after occult monikers or access to some imaginary wellspring of magical power "out there." Further details on CoS hierarchical structure are at its official website.

As a representative for Satanism, you do interviews and lectures. Isn't this preaching? And, doesn't this violate your rule of not giving your opinions unless asked?

Of course this isn't preaching and it doesn't go against the First Satanic Rule of the Earth. If you open a magazine, turn on your radio, or click on your television and see an interview with a Satanist, you've reached a point where you will either not read or look at it, or you will. If you choose the latter, you have consigned yourself to the information and, by your own actions, have given your non-verbal consent to receive such information about our religion. If you attend a lecture, you have even more so welcomed yourself to our "opinions." No one coerced you to attend or read or watch or listen. Assuming that Satanism can be preached is to assume that anyone can be a Satanist, which is grossly false. We know this and wouldn't bother proselytizing like other religions. It would waste our time and we'd have to care, which we don't.

Where can I find a Satanic Grotto in [name of obscure, far-flung corner of the globe] and what are their specific rules, guidelines and aims?

If you wish to know whether there is a Grotto (an official subgroup of the Church of Satan) in your area in which you can participate, you must do two things: first, join the Church of Satan; second, apply through the CoS for grotto involvement. Only after these two steps will you be put in official contact with a Grotto Master, after which, the GM decides whether or not you are to be included in that specific group. Since every Grotto is different, they will widely vary from one to the other, though united under a few basic guidelines. If you are merely wondering whether there is a group in your area, write to the Church of Satan directly (and not to me) and they will take it from there. Their postal and e-mail addresses are found at the official CoS website.

Can you tell me about (random diabolical myth figure from some ancient culture)?

Few ideologies stress more than Satanism the championing of self-assertiveness, of self-achievement and seeking things out for yourself, though most who ask the above question are not keeping that in mind. It is recommended that the aforequoted should be refocused into making the effort to do the research on such yourself. If you ask this question to various GMs, Priests, and Magistri, don't be surprised if you are ignored. They're sending you the biggest hint they can, which is to find the info out for yourself.

After reading the FAQ and looking over your website, I want you to give me MORE. Would you answer my long list of questions?

If you have really read The Satanic Bible and related books, critically read some of our better magazines, and really paid attention to the websites with legitimate information on them, then you have MORE than enough of a jumpstart towards further knowledge. (What do you think those pre-Internet folks such as us did? We actually took the initiative and worked for what we know. Don't be surprised if we don't jump to your beck and call every time you have a question.) The rest is up to you. Apply what you know and see what happens. It is not the job of any CoS member or administrator to hold your hand and lead you down the Left-Hand Path. That journey is a solitary one, as any true individual knows.
    http://satanism101.com/
    All contents written and copyrighted by Matt G. Paradise.
    Reprinted here with permission from the author.
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 07-26-2005 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4583885.stm

A chechen is also held for this act. But I am sorry, people should think before attacking Islam publicly in such a large scale.

u just prove again again that the claims of being a peacful relgions are false...i want to know wut "The true sword of Islam" aka zOaib thinks.....bout the van dude murder....

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    men are weak and need to be lead by forces!

well most of them!
    haha...I was waiting for ur reply in this thread...

-from the text above......

-By living such a pure and undiluted life, we are, in many ways, better than most of the human sheep

-and we will always be a minority due to the laws of nature -- she simply does not give all of her gifts to all people

satan is tricky!

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFREAKX

and yes, law is law. break it and you must pay the price...

He stood only five-feet-four inches tall, and always wore a carnation in his lapel. He was the Mayor of New York City during the Great Depression and during the worst days of World War II. The people of New York City adored him and affectionately called him “The Little Flower.” His real name was Fiorello LaGuardia.

The people in New York City loved him because of his compassion, and caring for people. He often rode with the firemen as they raced to fires, went with the police as they raided the nightclubs where booze and drugs were sold. He loved kids and even took whole orphanages to the ball games.

One night he showed up at a night court in one of the poorest wards of New York. LaGuardia dismissed the judge for that night and took over.

Within minutes a tattered old lady was brought before him to answer charges that she had stolen a $.50 loaf of bread. “Your Honor,” she told LaGuardia. “I stole the bread because my daughter’s husband deserted her. She’s got two children, she’s sick and the children have no food. What am I gonna do? I have no money. I took the bread to feed two starving children.”

Mayor LaGuardia sighed and said, “I have to punish you. The law makes no exception. The fine is ten dollars or ten days in jail.”

But as he spoke, he reached into his pocket and pulled out ten dollars. “Here is the ten dollars for the fine,” he said

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    without religion there would without a doubt be total anarchy..religion helps define the moral boundaries
    Ya, right . . . which is why there are so many Christian crooks and sexual predators and rip-off artists out there, particularly

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/bhinn.html
    http://www.bible.ca/tongues-popoff-39-17Mhz.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Tilton
    http://www.weirdcrap.com/tilton/

-Tock

Originally Posted by IRONFREAKX

satan is tricky!
    and yes, law is law. break it and you must pay the price...
    And, BS is BS, and the threats made in the Bible are BS.
    Actually, FEAR is the main motivating factor in Christianity, as evidenced by all the pleas to "Turn to Jesus or else you'll burn in Hell forever!" It would be one thing if Christians could give reasonable evidence that such a threat might be valid, but, they can't. The Bible is a pile of improbable BS, and I've demonstrated that it is time and time again on other threads.

And this little bit of prose is still more BS -- nothing more than an urban legend, perpetuated by people who traffick in fiction, and passed on as true by those who are accustomed to accepting fiction as fact . . .
    He stood only five-feet-four inches tall, and always wore a carnation in his lapel. He was the Mayor of New York City during the Great Depression and during the worst days of World War II. The people of New York City adored him and affectionately called him “The Little Flower.” His real name was Fiorello LaGuardia.

The people in New York City loved him because of his compassion, and caring for people. He often rode with the firemen as they raced to fires, went with the police as they raided the nightclubs where booze and drugs were sold. He loved kids and even took whole orphanages to the ball games.

One night he showed up at a night court in one of the poorest wards of New York. LaGuardia dismissed the judge for that night and took over.

Within minutes a tattered old lady was brought before him to answer charges that she had stolen a $.50 loaf of bread. “Your Honor,” she told LaGuardia. “I stole the bread because my daughter’s husband deserted her. She’s got two children, she’s sick and the children have no food. What am I gonna do? I have no money. I took the bread to feed two starving children.”

Mayor LaGuardia sighed and said, “I have to punish you. The law makes no exception. The fine is ten dollars or ten days in jail.”

But as he spoke, he reached into his pocket and pulled out ten dollars. “Here is the ten dollars for the fine,” he said

Bump for zOaib...

Wink

satan is tricky!
    Scapegoating has become a way of life, a means of survival for the unfit. As an extension of the Judeo-Christian cop-out of blaming the Devil for everything, criminals can gain leniency, even praise, by placing the blame on a convenient villain. Following the Satanic creed of "Responsibility to the responsible," in a Satanic society, everyone must experience the consequences of his own actions - for good or ill.

Oh well.....

By being a minority (and we will always be a minority due to the laws of nature -- she simply does not give all of her gifts to all people)

Did the devil make u do bad stuff in ur life??... ....aw u poor thing....here letme give u a hug.....

in the future...unless u know @least basic info bout smth...dont comment on it..cuz it makes u look stupid....not personal..this is 2 every1....

to tock..withouth a doubt there a horrible christians sum do horirble things in the name of christianity...my point was, for example, the USA a lot of our laws, mostly all, are derived from concepts of the christian bible...and we have had the longest standing governemnet in the history of the world

zOaib is offline VET
    Bump for zOaib...
    MR RED HORNY MAN WITH BIG EYES AND A MUSTACHE WITH A BEARD DUDE !

GOD = EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING - GOD = NOTHING

thats all i know about life , thank u

mr Red Horny Man With Big Eyes And A Mustache With A Beard Dude !

God = Nothing

Everything - God = Everything

kinda funny, i say one little thing "devil is tricky" and i get "dont comment on it...it makes you look stupid". by sayin that one little thing and I look stupid. Ok. Im stupid and freely admit it then.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFREAKX
    Scapegoating has become a way of life, a means of survival for the unfit. As an extension of the Judeo-Christian cop-out of blaming the Devil for everything,
    I dont scapegoat. If I do something, its all of my own free will and all my own fault. there may be influences, but nothing makes my decisions except for myself. Im the one to blame. just as any sinner is the one to blame. christianity doesnt teach that the devil is the fault of all our sins. it does say there can be influences, but man takes on responsibility for all his decisions.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    point (just one example) monogamy look at africa ..that is why the US govt is sending Catholic Missionaries over there help preach the ideas of abstinence and monogamy.....without them AIDS as well as many other STD run rampant.....
    Yes it realy helps telling them they shouldnt use condoms. Than god for catolics they prevent aids by prayers instead of safe sex.

People will f*ck even if "god" think its wrong so telling them bullshit about not using condoms and not screwing around is like giving a arsonist a box of matches and gasoline and tell him he must not set anything on fire. The equipment is just for show.

religion goes hand and hand with civilization...mostly all religions preach the same thing of being good to thy fellow man which is the concetp of a civilizated nation...unless the religions messages are interpretted in an extremely wrong way as the middle east is famous for
    The roman empire the greatest empire to date didnt have any religion like christianity with its set of moral codes to follow and it still became big and prosperous. There behavior is moraly wrong in our eyes but they seemed to enjoy it.

my point was, for example, the USA a lot of our laws, mostly all, are derived from concepts of the christian bible...and we have had the longest standing governemnet in the history of the world
    Not really.
    The US government is based more on the principles of Greek and Roman democracy than anything in the Bible.
    Sure, there are some Christian laws in the US, like shutting down businesses on Sunday, throwing gays in jail, and outlawing dancing. Here in Texas, you can't hold elective office unless you take an oath where you say that you beleive in god. Used to be in the US that people had to pay taxes to support the state-sponsored church, too.
    Those are a what I'd call "BS laws." Christian people put 'em in place, Christian people keep 'em in place.

As far as having the longest standing government in the history of the world, um, England, I think, has one that's a bit longer, as do several other European countries. Sparta (a city-state of ancient Greece) held up for a lot longer, and they had a system of compulsory homosexuality. Egypt, China, Rome, Persia, and other empires had longer lasting governments, and I'd say there were plenty of smaller countries with very long governments before becoming tainted with Christianizing missionaries and Christian conquerers -- Mexico and Hawaii spring to mind.

About all the US has going for it is the arrogance of its people and its government. Sooner or later, that arrogance is gonna catch up with us, and we're not gonna be happy with the consequenses.

-Tock

ive traveled all over the world, and every country has an arrogance about them. And most more so to americans because they know the u.s. is the world power and so they see an american and think "ah ha..you're in my country now...ive got the power, and youre rich...give me money". ive been told they were too busy to seat us at a restaurant and there were too many reservations, when EVERY single seat in the restaurant was about empty. and they said they had reservations for right now and we couldnt even sit if we ate fast. as much as some people put down the u.s. on this board, i tell ya, from being all over the world, u.s. isnt all this bad that some try to make it out to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information