Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    zOaib is offline VET

Fatwa Against Terrorism !

Updated: 09:47 PM EDT
    U.S. Muslim Scholars Issue Edict Condemning Terrorism

'We Have Been Speaking Repeatedly ... Even Before 9/11'
    By RACHEL ZOLL, AP

(July 28) - Following deadly bombings in Britain and other nations, American Muslim scholars issued an edict Thursday condemning religious extremism and calling terrorists "criminals, not 'martyrs.'"

The 18-member Fiqh Council of North America said Muslims were barred from helping "any individual or group that is involved in any act of terrorism or violence."

"There is no justification in Islam for extremism or terrorism," the scholars wrote in the edict, called a fatwa. "Targeting civilians' life and property through suicide bombings or any other method of attack is haram ó or forbidden."

Many Muslim leaders overseas have made similar statements in recent weeks, but some have left an opening for violence to be used in certain situations. One group of British Muslim leaders who denounced the July 7 attacks in London said suicide bombings could still be justified against an occupying power ó drawing criticism that it invited violence in Iraq, where civilians along with coalition troops have been killed.

However, the U.S. scholars said in a Washington news conference that their prohibition applied to attacks on civilians everywhere. Their fatwa states that Muslims are obligated to help law enforcement authorities "protect the lives of all civilians."

"Suicide bombing is forbidden in Islam," said Muzammil H. Siddiqi, head of the Fiqh Council. "This is not the solution, it is not the right way of doing things. Occupation is wrong, of course, but at the same time this is not the way."

Islam has no central authority and the council serves an advisory role for American Muslims, who could number as high as 6 million. But some question whether the panel's statements would sway extremists.

While the Muslim world does not look to America as a center of Islamic thinking, U.S. Muslims wanted to send a message about their faith. Muslim leaders lament that their repeated condemnations of terrorism since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks have been ignored by critics.

"[Terrorism] is not the solution, it is not the right way of doing things."
    -Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, head of the Fiqh Council

The Muslim Public Affairs Council, an advocacy group based in Los Angeles, started the "National Anti-Terrorism Campaign," urging Muslims to monitor their own communities, speak out more boldly against violence and work with law enforcement officials.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations is running a TV ad and a petition-drive called "Not in the Name of Islam," which repudiates terrorism. In New York and other cities, mosque leaders have joined advisory committees created by the FBI to build relations between law enforcement and their local communities.

"We have been speaking repeatedly, clearly, unequivocally for years, even before 9/11," said Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a civil rights organization based in Washington. "But apparently some people have just started to hear us."

Alan Wisdom, head of the Institute on Religion and Democracy, a conservative Christian group in Washington, praised the scholars for issuing the edict. He said he hoped Muslim leaders would follow up the statement with action, by helping combat "specific movements that employ terrorism as a basic tactic" in Israel and elsewhere, and by lobbying for religious freedom in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia.

"We look forward to working with Muslims as they find in their tradition, we hope, the tools to build and work within democratic, pluralist states," said Wisdom, a leader in encouraging evangelicals to build relations with Muslims.

Rabbi David Saperstein, director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism in Washington, was especially encouraged that the Fiqh Council said its edict applied in all countries. The term "fiqh" refers to Islamic legal issues.

"It's always helpful when prominent, mainstream religious leaders are willing to take a unified public stand against extremism," said Saperstein, a former member of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom. "Ultimately, it is Muslims who are going to need to win the battle about the direction and the future of Islam."

Associated Press Writer Pauline Jelinek contributed to this report.

07-28-05 16:18 EDT

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    "Suicide bombing is forbidden in Islam," said Muzammil H. Siddiqi, head of the Fiqh Council. "This is not the solution, it is not the right way of doing things. Occupation is wrong, of course, but at the same time this is not the way."
    I totally disagree with this, if someone sacrifice himself by blewing himself up in a foreign army attacking his country that doesn't make him a suicide bomber he is a martyr , he sacrifice himslef to defend his country from the attackers!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    I totally disagree with this, if someone sacrifice himself by blewing himself up in a foreign army attacking his country that doesn't make him a suicide bomber he is a martyr , he sacrifice himslef to defend his country from the attackers!
    Your talking about an attack on military targets, but what about attacks on civilians on tube trains in London, disco's in Bali and cafe's, bar's and buses in Israel?. I don't want to hear your justification for attacking Israeli's being that their all soldiers, or work for the military, that's been shown and accepted by everyone here (except you of course) as bullshit. If you say thats still the case I'll make a case for Israel bombing almost every shop in every village in Lebanon which stocks and sells Hezbollah merchandice, ie Keyrings, flags, t-shirts etc.. as this is a way of financing their acts of terror.

zOaib is offline VET
    militia ................ there is no way u can justify killing fo civilians ........ by suicide attempts .................. if they so much want to attack the foreing invaders they need to target military personel ................

tell me something even thought in IRAQ the freedom fighters are using car bombs or suicide attempts to get the American Soldiers , then tell me something what did the iraqi civilains do to deserve getting killed along with them ????
    who is responsible for their blood , there is no way ISLAMICALLY u can justify killing muslims along with Americans , in order for a cause to defend the country ........ there is no such thing ............. these people are not martyrs , specially the ones who did suicide bombs in LONDON ...........

i am sorry to say but seriously if muslims want to FREE themselves they need to FREE themselve of their own agendas which are making them go backwards instead of forward .............. none of these people pray or learn islam , all they want is a SHORTCUT to HEAVEN well ............ they r in for a surprise ........

none of them follow what Muhammed (pbuh) did in his life ............... and thats the best example there is to it ...........

but the conflict between ISRAEL and PALESTINIANS is a conflict i cannot comment about since , that is one and only real screwed up conflict ........ because both parties are at RIGHT ............. hopefully both sides will realize what is best if not for the old geezers but for the new generation being born there .
    Last edited by zOaib; 07-29-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zOaib
    militia ................ there is no way u can justify killing fo civilians ........ by suicide attempts .................. if they so much want to attack the foreing invaders they need to target military personel ................

tell me something even thought in IRAQ the freedom fighters are using car bombs or suicide attempts to get the American Soldiers , then tell me something what did the iraqi civilains do to deserve getting killed along with them ????
    who is responsible for their blood , there is no way ISLAMICALLY u can justify killing muslims along with Americans , in order for a cause to defend the country ........ there is no such thing ............. these people are not martyrs , specially the ones who did suicide bombs in LONDON ...........

i am sorry to say but seriously if muslims want to FREE themselves they need to FREE themselve of their own agendas which are making them go backwards instead of forward .............. none of these people pray or learn islam , all they want is a SHORTCUT to HEAVEN well ............ they r in for a surprise ........

none of them follow what Muhammed (pbuh) did in his life ............... and thats the best example there is to it ...........

but the conflict between ISRAEL and PALESTINIANS is a conflict i cannot comment about since , that is one and only real screwed up conflict ........ because both parties are at RIGHT ............. hopefully both sides will realize what is best if not for the old geezers but for the new generation being born there .
    you missunderstand me i am totally against what happening in Iraq espacialy the bomb that target civilians, but i am with the martyrdrom bombers who attack full equiped military targets like what was happening in south lebanon , a hezbollah fighter would enter a military base far away from civilians and blow himself in the base killing only invaders military targets.

He has more or less said before (in relation to Israel) that the end justifies the means and that if a few innocents get killed their sacrifice was worth it. He has always refused to condemn the murder of innocent Israeli's. Btw, one of the London victim's was an Israeli Jew who fled Israel because she feared she'd be murdered in a suicide bombing!. How sad.

zOaib, I know you and Rak_Ani have had many a heated battle here, but I like the type of Islam you and C talk about here.

you missunderstand me i am totally against what happening in Iraq espacialy the bomb that target civilians, but i am with the martyrdrom bombers who attack full equiped military targets like what was happening in south lebanon , a hezbollah fighter would enter a military base far away from civilians and blow himself in the base killing only invaders military targets.

Sadly therein lies the difference between the IDF/SLA in Lebanon and Hezbollah and Hamas. The IDF don't use civilians as human shields.

zOaib is offline VET
    that makes more sense !

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Sadly therein lies the difference between the IDF/SLA in Lebanon and Hezbollah and Hamas. The IDF don't use civilians as human shields.
    what kind of civilians shield u are talking about ? an expert freedom fgihter blowing him self up in a military target is human sheild ?

that makes more sense !

That makes perfect sense, and I support any risen people who defend their country against an invading army. Although I'm an Israeli supporter I always considered the IDF in Lebanon to be a legitimate military target. Just like the British army in British occupied Northern Ireland.

singern is offline Banned
    what kind of civilians shield u are talking about ? an expert freedom fgihter blowing him self up in a military target is human sheild ?

Woman and children as shields. Iíve seen it with my own eyes. They crouch behind a group of schoolchildren and shoot at Israelis. They hide in the middle of civilian protest marches and shoot at Israelis. So you can shove your spin, denial, and lies.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    He has more or less said before (in relation to Israel) that the end justifies the means and that if a few innocents get killed their sacrifice was worth it. He has always refused to condemn the murder of innocent Israeli's. Btw, one of the London victim's was an Israeli Jew who fled Israel because she feared she'd be murdered in a suicide bombing!. How sad.

zOaib, I know you and Rak_Ani have had many a heated battle here, but I like the type of Islam you and C talk about here.

i dont know about C and i am sure he does also , but i talk about islam the way i do because it is the RIGHT way .............. being on this board i have learned a lot and cleared a lot of misconceptions and asumptions about a lot of things , me and RAK may have had some heated arguments , but the death of civilains at the hands of any kind of rebelious organizations to further their cause is unjust and i am never in favour of such things ................ whether they be jews , christians , muslims ............ or people like IRONFREAKX ............

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Woman and children as shields. Iíve seen it with my own eyes. They crouch behind a group of schoolchildren and shoot at Israelis. They hide in the middle of civilian protest marches and shoot at Israelis. So you can shove your spin, denial, and lies.
    yea of course I believe you because you were in Lebanon and you saw them

Dont do drugs O queen of Hezbola. I never said I was in Lebanon. I saw this in Gaza, I saw this in the west bank.
    so you were an IDF? how many palestinian kids did u shoot ?

Sorry O queen of terror, I was not IDF. I did however live there on and off my entire life. During the first Intifada I lived near the green line, and was in and out of Gaza all the time on agricultural business. As Iíve said a hundred times before I have respect and admiration for the Palestinian people, I have no respect or admiration for terrorists, which is why we are here today.
    you are an israeli then of course you served in the IDF

Btw, I've seen the Hezbollah use people as human shields. I'm a witness to it, and I can't be called a lier!. Qana is one example, its undesputed that the Hezbollah were firing Katyusha rockets from behind the UN Fijian position into the Galilee area of Israel. This is an undesputed fact, it lead directly to IDF artillary positions in the PV's (Permanent Voilations) to shell Qana killing 102 innocent men, women and children.

Alot of times we couldn't call in re-enforcements to our positions when the Amal and Hezbollah were using us as shields because it would have forced the IDF and IAF to shell us positions.

No my homosexual friend I was not IDF.You on the other hand are hezbola so of course you are a terrorist (a gay terrorist).
    yea they kicked u from the IDF because you were a pedophile and they caught you molesting a plaestinian boy , so u went to the USA , but what if the FBI knows hmmm u will be in prison and uncly bubba will enjoy the time with you in his cell

So how did you and Uncle Bubba get to be such close "friends", Did you share something special in terrorist training camp.
    so tell me how did they caught molesting this boy ? you were trying to molest him and the officer saw you ? I am sure he told u you :" son you love little boys its ok many IDF soldiers do , but at least not infront of the press cams "

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Updated: 09:47 PM EDT
    U.S. Muslim Scholars Issue Edict Condemning Terrorism

'We Have Been Speaking Repeatedly ... Even Before 9/11'
    By RACHEL ZOLL, AP

(July 28) - Following deadly bombings in Britain and other nations, American Muslim scholars issued an edict Thursday condemning religious extremism and calling terrorists "criminals, not 'martyrs.'"

The 18-member Fiqh Council of North America said Muslims were barred from helping "any individual or group that is involved in any act of terrorism or violence."

"There is no justification in Islam for extremism or terrorism," the scholars wrote in the edict, called a fatwa. "Targeting civilians' life and property through suicide bombings or any other method of attack is haram ó or forbidden."

Many Muslim leaders overseas have made similar statements in recent weeks, but some have left an opening for violence to be used in certain situations. One group of British Muslim leaders who denounced the July 7 attacks in London said suicide bombings could still be justified against an occupying power ó drawing criticism that it invited violence in Iraq, where civilians along with coalition troops have been killed.

However, the U.S. scholars said in a Washington news conference that their prohibition applied to attacks on civilians everywhere. Their fatwa states that Muslims are obligated to help law enforcement authorities "protect the lives of all civilians."

Islam has no central authority and the council serves an advisory role for American Muslims, who could number as high as 6 million. But some question whether the panel's statements would sway extremists.
    Back to the actual thread... Since most extemist work outside of Islam law I question if it could sway feelings as well.

My question is do any muslims here believe that this will cause other muslims to go against the extremist? Or is this political talk?

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Back to the actual thread... Since most extemist work outside of Islam law I question if it could sway feelings as well.

My question is do any muslims here believe that this will cause other muslims to go against the extremist? Or is this political talk?
    u see this whole thing has started to boil just now , and i can give u an example of Pakistan right now , they pretty much with help of scotland yard have caught everyone from the MADARSA near afghan border , where those kids who blew themselves up went for training ................ and on a side not pakistan has caught more terrorists within and outside its boudaries , compared to any arab state or any other muslim state , so its happening its not long before these retards kill more muslim bystanders , and people will go against the idiots ................ so let see ....... !

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Yeah....they're just like Bush and Cheney.....hiding behind kids doing the fighting while they rake in the profits through fraud.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    The only difference between the Enola Gay and a terrorist is that the bomber pilots were too chicken to crash the plane into the city to take out more civilians.......

"duuuuhhhhhh.....we were just doing a job.......frying a bunch of brown slant eyed factory workers and there little slant eyed brown kids........" men of glory right there.......heros with the A-Bomb

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Yeah....they're just like Bush and Cheney.....hiding behind kids doing the fighting while they rake in the profits through fraud.
    i see u have a point there !

Thread Information