Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

GAZA, lets discuss it.

First off, gentleman I'd ask you to have some respect for Rak_Ani. Her country is going through a very difficult and trying time. She's a valued member of this discussion forum and AR.com. If you can't show some consideration and respect for her feelings I'd ask you not to post here please.
    So no stupid talk from a certain member!.

Do you think its a defeat for Israel?. How do you think Israeli forces are handling the situation?.

For me I see it as a victory of sorts for the Palestinians. If it was England withdrawing from Northern Ireland I'd be on the streets partying (before our civil war starts) and celebrating a victory. I certainly don't think its a military victory for Hamas or any other terrorist organisation. I think had Israel really wanted to, they could have utterly crushed Hamas.

Lets discuss Gaza.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    We should also give consideration to the palastinians or those sympathetic to their causes. Whether we agree or not, since we are taking the other sides feelings into consideration.

Agreed?

Agreed. But we've no Palestinians here, I just don't want terrorism glorified.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    the palestinian cause is our cause its the cause of all the arab/muslims so your dont need to have palestinians here

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Agreed. But we've no Palestinians here, I just don't want terrorism glorified.
    Cool.

When I use to see people putting down arabs for trying to stay in what equated to Israel land, palastinians(and arabs in general) took the position it was still their land. Israel did not agree... But now the tables are turned in similar fashion; Now Israelis are not wanting to leave even though their government willingly gave up that land. Does anyone believe those being tossed out of their land have just tasted a dose of their own medicine?

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    the palestinian cause is our cause its the cause of all the arab/muslims so your dont need to have palestinians here
    When are you letting them out of the camps in Lebanon?. When are you going to give them basic civil rights?. Why care about a people who terrorised Lebanon?.

When will Egypt look for Gaza back?.

You know the Palestinans ****ed all this up for themselves. Under Ehud Barak they'd have had Gaza with an independent international airport and deepsea port. Sharon said if the Palestinians got it under him they'd rue the day!. Lets see what happens now. Lets see Hamas run wild in Gaza, because the P.A. has only very limited control there.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    I just hope its the "right" thing and it helps ease tensions between both sides

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    I just hope its the "right" thing and it helps ease tensions between both sides

Here's what I think. If Israel is attacked from Gaza, Israel should invade and crush them once and for all. Palestinians have never settled anywhere without turning their hand to terrorism. Let them rue the day they ever attacked Israel. Palestinians are largely responsible for the position they find themselves in, since it was Pals who started the second intifadi and messed it all up.

I hope Israel doesn't give them any war repairations either. I hope Israel cuts them off completely, totally separation. No water, no electricity etc.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    That whole situation is a mess without a solution. Who does that land actually belong to? The pullout is a loss for Israel and it will be a loss for the Palestinians too. The Pally's will use this new land to launch attacks and nothing will change except Israels borders.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Egypt will never and cannot try to get Gaza back, specially after the peace treaty with Israel in 1978, Egypt basically can only play the role of negotiator between fighting parties (Israel and Palestine) no more or less.

Blog Entries
    i think the coming days are going to be pretty surprising, what do u guys think?!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    i think the coming days are going to be pretty surprising, what do u guys think?!
    I think an atomic weapon will be set off in Israel within the next 5 years and that whole mess will spread like a cancer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    I think an atomic weapon will be set off in Israel within the next 5 years and that whole mess will spread like a cancer.
    noway man, Israel is pretty small, so an atomic bomb's effects would easily reach Jordan, Syria, Northern Saudi, and Sinai (Egypt).

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    I am not as politically aware of the situation as some of you bro's. I'm thinking particulary Bouncer who I know was has a strong interest in the situation there. From what i can make out the gaza strip was illegal occupied by israel from about 4 decades ago. Palenstine have being fighting for his repatriation with the rest of the country, while Israel has being fighting to retain it's illegal claim to ownership of the occupied land.
    The Jewish settlers who were sent there by their goverment (Israel) admist the long running fued over ownership of said land have made it there home and had this claim protected by israely forces. Now that Israel have removed it claim the settlers do not have the support of their goverment. At this point the israely forces and the palestine army are collaborating in a joint effort to remove the jewish settlers from their homes.

I understand Palestines right to the renunification of Gaza with the rest of Palestine. But I also sympatise with the jewish settlers being forced from their homes to a life unknown in Israel. I predict that there will still be political arrest in the zone for some time yet however.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    i hope somethign like that never happens , cause it will take out neighbouring countries with the impact aswell

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Its a complete joke for both sides!

Well, I figure Sharon has done what he thought was best for Israel, NOT for palestinians NOT for the settlers who were living on occupied land.

It's obvious that that the situation was untenable... it was a MASSIVE expense, employment was low, being a disputed area it was putting families and soldiers at risk and caused more friction with the rest of the world than was necessary.

Palestinians may see this as a victory, but to be honest I think the big winner here is Irsael as a whole. They got a proverbial monkey off their backs. I definetly don't think Sharons government caved in or gave in to anyone... I see it more as a good riddance for Israel.

I just hope the palestinian folks realize that There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch...

Just my 2cents worth

Red

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Well, I figure Sharon has done what he thought was best for Israel, NOT for palestinians NOT for the settlers who were living on occupied land.

It's obvious that that the situation was untenable... it was a MASSIVE expense, employment was low, being a disputed area it was putting families and soldiers at risk and caused more friction with the rest of the world than was necessary.

Palestinians may see this as a victory, but to be honest I think the big winner here is Irsael as a whole. They got a proverbial monkey off their backs. I definetly don't think Sharons government caved in or gave in to anyone... I see it more as a good riddance for Israel.

I just hope the palestinian folks realize that There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch...

Just my 2cents worth

Red
    i totally agree on that, Sharon isn't that kind to Paletinians. he just as u said did what is good for his country.

I concur... give them a chance and if they screw it up then its time to stop playing games. I doubt the palestinians will be happy for long, but this gives them a chance to prove themselfs. If not Israel should crush them

Here's what I think. If Israel is attacked from Gaza, Israel should invade and crush them once and for all. Palestinians have never settled anywhere without turning their hand to terrorism. Let them rue the day they ever attacked Israel. Palestinians are largely responsible for the position they find themselves in, since it was Pals who started the second intifadi and messed it all up.

I hope Israel doesn't give them any war repairations either. I hope Israel cuts them off completely, totally separation. No water, no electricity etc.

Blog Entries
    actually it was a double sided move, 1st side was to get rid off all the headaches caused to the Israerli govt. from Gaza strip, and to be able rest his (Sharon) threat of a strong strike on a pre-announced warning against Palestine if the Palestinian Resistant hit Israel once more.
    Last edited by smokethedays; 08-18-2005 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    I concur... give them a chance and if they screw it up then its time to stop playing games. I doubt the palestinians will be happy for long, but this gives them a chance to prove themselfs. If not Israel should crush them

They can only prove themselves to be terrorists. What you don't realise is that the Palestinian authority have only very limited control of Gaza. Hamas control's it.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Gaza was never Israeli Biblical land, its just mentioned in the Bible here an there.

The Israelites could and never did take control of Gaza. When David defeated Goliath in the Gaza Strip, he defeated Goliath but couldnt take Gaza.

This whole thing was a show put up by Israel to show their "sacrafices". But that is nothing.

Gaza was home of 1.4 million Palestinians and 9000 Jews.

There was no way Israel could win in Gaza with those numbers.

Now Israel figured if they annexed Gaza into Israel there would have 1.4 million Palestinians in Israel, making Israel lessen its Jewish identity.

But if they let go of Gaza, there is 1.4 million Palestinians they get rid of, and only 9000 Jews to get rid off.

Palestinians should attack Israel from Gaza, so Israel can occupy Gaza again.

Its either withdrawal from ALL of Gaza, West Bank, and Jerusalem, or no withdrawal at all.

This Gaza pullout was a joke, it was nothing, it was worthless, and a loss for the Palestinians if you really look at it.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Plus Israel controls the air, the points of entry, and immigration. This little show was so beautifully shown and delivered. The media ate it up, and people really feel Israelies made a "sacrafice", that I find hilarious.

I understand, but for world opinion Israel needs to look like it tried. Once the palestinians screw it up then Israel has just cause in most peoples eyes

They can only prove themselves to be terrorists. What you don't realise is that the Palestinian authority have only very limited control of Gaza. Hamas control's it.

Thread Information