Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?

Kids tried as adults.

Recently down the street from where I grew up a man was beaten to death on his doorstep. Two kids were hiding from a gang of youths and had sought refuge in his garden. He attemped to close his gate to prevent the gang from entering his property and to protect the two youth. He was savaged beaten by the gang, and later died in hospital. The offenders have been identified by police as being 8 youths all aged between 15-18 years.

I want your opinion as to whether these youths should be tried as adults. Also in Ireland if an offender (some one who commits a criminal act) is below the age of 18, the media is forbidden from publicising their name. I didn't know the man personally but I knew his two sons as I have two mbrothers the same ages as them, who were in the same years as them.

Of course they should be tried, convicted and punished as adults...

If they're "old enough" to commit an adult crime, they're "old enough" too pay the adult price.

Red

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

If they're "old enough" to commit an adult crime, they're "old enough" too pay the adult price.

Red
    Yep.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I say kill them
    edit:they killed another human...for no reason...no matter how old or young they are..If it were up to me...Id give em the lethal injection
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 08-19-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red

Agreed,

They knew what they were doing was wrong.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    they should be hanged in public, period.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    they should be hanged in public, period.
    Unfortunately this is Ireland the death penalty was remove by a constitutional vote. I say try them as adults. I don't agree with the law preventing the publication of the names and adresses of young offenders, particulary for serios crimes.

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    all good points, im a strong advocate of shooting people like this in the face and then burning their bodies so tax payers money isnt wasted on burying them. a shot gun slug and a gallon of gas only cost a few dollars.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Unfortunately this is Ireland the death penalty was remove by a constitutional vote. I say try them as adults. I don't agree with the law preventing the publication of the names and adresses of young offenders, particulary for serios crimes.

Here in the states, once the decision is made by the courts to try them as adults, the names are released.

I don't think it should make a diffrence. I had a motorcycle stolen few years ago. If someone was caught with it, I don't care if they 13 or 113 they should be tried.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it is unfortunate that we are living in an age where innocence ends before the age of 18, or in some cases, even puberty.

Unless we are going to allow them all the rights of citizenship and adulthood, we shouldn't be punishing them with the same set of standards as someone who is an adult citizen. We prohibit juveniles from having all the rights of a citizen for a reason: we don't believe they have lived long enough to understand the responsibility that comes with rights.

don't get me wrong, I think they should be punished as severely as a juvenile can be, but I think it is unfair to punish someone as an adult, who is in fact, not an adult.

Maybe we need to redefine the accepted age of adulthood or increase the severity of punishments that can be given to a juvenile, but the fact remains that they are not legaly an "adult", and they cannot be prosecuted as one.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    They are lucky enough. If they were in Saudi Arabia, the government would have chopped their heads off by sword in public!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    They are lucky enough. If they were in Saudi Arabia, the government would have chopped their heads off by sword in public!

Public decapitation ROCKS!

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Public decapitation ROCKS!
    not when you're innocent

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    not when you're innocent

I know, I'm being sarcastic.

I don't believe in capital punishment by government, only by natural justice.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Most def they should be tried as adults. Now days theirs to many of these little pricks useing their youth to thier advantage when commiting crimes, knowing that they will get a slap on the wrists if they get caught.Not to hijack your thread GM but we have an almost identicle case over this way were some youths phoned a pizza delivery company and hid in the bushes with the intend to rob the guy, well things took a turn for the worst and they beat the old guy to death. They youngest offender to take part in the beating was 11 years old, that little cvnt got tried as an adult and will serve time till 16 in a youth facility and from 16 in main stream prison. Personally i say an eye for an eye, if you are tried by a jury of your peers and with overwhelling evidence against you, the victims family should be allowed to administer a form of death upon you in heinous crimes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Most def they should be tried as adults. Now days theirs to many of these little pricks useing their youth to thier advantage when commiting crimes, knowing that they will get a slap on the wrists if they get caught.Not to hijack your thread GM but we have an almost identicle case over this way were some youths phoned a pizza delivery company and hid in the bushes with the intend to rob the guy, well things took a turn for the worst and they beat the old guy to death. They youngest offender to take part in the beating was 11 years old, that little cvnt got tried as an adult and will serve time till 16 in a youth facility and from 16 in main stream prison. Personally i say an eye for an eye, if you are tried by a jury of your peers and with overwhelling evidence against you, the victims family should be allowed to administer a form of death upon you in heinous crimes like this.
    No prob, I wanted a debate on the issue of young offenders. When something happens so close to home it brings it home a lil more than when it is elsewhere.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    stone them to death

I wouldn't go that far... but make the punishment fit the crime...

I personally was VERY MUCH in favor of the punishment when some American tourist kid was arrested for vandalism (spray painting graffiti) got CANED in Indonesia.

I remember all the American medias making such a fuss about the poor young man getting "tortured" in Indonesia and blah blah blah... FÙCK him!!! He broke the law, he got caught, he got a punishment that fit his crime. Maybe if his parents had raised him properly he wouldn't have turned into a criminal.

Red

Thread Information