Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Utah rave raided by US National Guard

http://www.vidking.com/viewvideo.php?id=615

what the fack? It hasn't hit the news yet (unless it's being covered up)

(from internet threat)

Utah Rave Bust (was: Utah Ravers Brutally Beaten by National Guard)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is truly shocking. I'm speechless...

------------------------------------------------------
    Taken from UTRAVE.ORG
    http://utrave.org/showthread.php?t=19971&page=9&pp=10

Username:Rodan

My story for anyone that is browsing the site:

Last night at 10:00 PM I arrived at a party in the Spanish Fork canyon. I was excited to be there to listen to the great electronic artists that had traveled for to play for the crowd.

Before coming to the event I researched it extensively. The party was %100 percent legal and legit with all permits and necessary security required by law being acquired. The event was well organized, with garbage cans, porta potties, and rope lines blocking off parts of the area that you could no go into.

Now I want you to know that many people out there consider ravers a bunch of drug taking freaks. I also want you to know that that is a stereotype that is passed down through legions of undereducated parents, politicians, and media. There are many of us who are drug free party goers who attend these events for a pure love of the music.

So on to my point. At around 11:00 I was enjoying the good vibes and great music. Then at about 11:30 pm a helicopter began circling the party. Out of nowhere huge semis filled with national guard, swat, and the police rolled up. Soldiers came out of the bushes and rushed down to the party. Carrying M-16s, Ak-47s, nightsticks, and tazers. They proceeded to attack random people and push their might around on people who had done nothing wrong.

I saw about 7 people attacked (before being forced to leave). I saw two of them right in front of me. One was a guy who was walking around with a camcorder stunned at what was happening. A soldier told him to give him the camera now. The raver said no it is my camera. The soldier then proceeded to grab the camera, throw it to the ground and then began beating the kid. In the end they threw him to the ground violently an put their knee into his back while handcuffing him. All for wanting to keep his property. When I last saw him he was knocked out and unmoving.

Another girl next to me said to one of the soldiers that she didn't know how to get home as they had just arrested her friend. The soldier told her to walk home. My friend tried to grab her to bring her with us, but the soldier began yelling that she had touched him (which she hadn't). WIthin seconds, five soldiers had jumped on her and were literally beating the crap out of this innocent women. She was punched in the face, thrown to the ground, and kicked while down. All for worrying how to get home safely. She is now suing.
    The soldiers proceeded to attack anyone with cameras or camcorders, obviously wanting to restrict the film that got out about it. This was not a legal attack, it was a blatant violation on our rights as American citizens. And the swat, police, politicians who authorized this, and the national guard knew this. That is why they were removing potential evidence.

We were treated as terrorists, innocent kids without weapons or even violent thoughts in their minds were manhandled, treated like terrorists, and forced to stop doing what we were by constitutional rights allowed to be doing. Our rights were completely removed from us. It was if we had visited the 1960s or communist China.

I hope for the sake of the American people that the news media does not let the lies of the government blind them to what truly happened last night. This could happen anywhere to anyone not just ravers, so AMERICA DON'T LET THIS STAND!
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 08-24-2005 at 12:49 PM.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Ak47

LMAO!!!!!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Wtf.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Ak47

LMAO!!!!!
    did they call in any migs?

skiing is offline Associate Member
    We need a good revolution of the mind in this country. People Unite.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    since when has national guard carried ak47's?

zOaib is offline VET
    Ak47

LMAO!!!!!
    give the kid a break , what if he exagerrated , he was pissing in his pants , even the soldiers boners looked like ak47s to him ............... but this is crazy , they sent down an army to kick the crap outta these people , i am thinking they may have been near some secret base or something ............. most likely !

Ak47

LMAO!!!!!
    it's just some scared kid dude, you know that better than I do

I'm suprised at the responses from most you people, you dont think using the army against your own people is wrong? (granted their are certain exceptions, this NOT being one) why hasnt this been in the news? , why weren't police the ones to break up this party?

this is fvckin riduculous and a violation on american civil liberties

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    There should have been no breaking up of the party at all, because it was completely legal. They had a 2 million dollar insurance policy on the party. And they rented the land from an older lady who had rented her land out for this type of thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer

I'm suprised at the responses from most you people, you dont think using the army against your own people is wrong? (granted their are certain exceptions, this NOT being one) why hasnt this been in the news? , why weren't police the ones to break up this party?

all kiddin aside, the story is full of holes. a rave with no drugs? come on. a whole unit mobilized for no reason? not buying it. a woman beaten up by 5 soldiers? no way. a bunch of people doin what the constitution gives them rights to do...since when does the constitution say its ok to give ecstacy to 16 year old girls?

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    all kiddin aside, the story is full of holes. a rave with no drugs? come on. a whole unit mobilized for no reason? not buying it. a woman beaten up by 5 soldiers? no way. a bunch of people doin what the constitution gives them rights to do...since when does the constitution say its ok to give ecstacy to 16 year old girls?
    Did you watch the video....?

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    Have you ever been to a rave? seriously? like half the people take X and drink water all night, and everyones happy there is very little if any fighting at all.

second, it's the fact that the american military attacked its own people that concerns me the most, the rest is all details

watch the video

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_test
    Did you watch the video....?
    yes i did. seen worse at the meadowlands. concert gets broken up. so what? and completely legal? no such thing. believe it or not our military does have more pressing issues than ruining someones good time. did they go a little overboard? dont know. wasnt there. but they definitly had some reason to be there. they just dont risk lives and scramble helocopters just for a noise complaint.

I dont think its NG

I think its more some kind of militia guys playing soldiers

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Have you ever been to a rave? seriously? like half the people take X and drink water all night, and everyones happy there is very little if any fighting at all.

second, it's the fact that the american military attacked its own people that concerns me the most, the rest is all details

watch the video
    I've been to a rave just like that, which was busted just like that. Beatings, tazings, harassment etc. I've had many encounters with all manner of law enforcement and military and I'll I can say is this: What they did was wrong, they obviously abused power given to them, acting as if they were in immediate danger which is clearly not true. I mean, no skinny rave kid is going to stop 1 man with an m16 or tazer. It was excessive and unnecessary. But nothing will come of this. Maybe a little uproar here and there but that's it. Unless one of those kids has super rich parents and holds a major grudge nothing will happen.

This country is scared. the people are afraid. All they see on news is misrepresented information blowing drug problems out of proportion. I have never seen one accurate tv description or program on any illicit drug. most of the country thinks what they see on TV they can hold to as truth, and they will cite PBS and 60 minutes until they are blue in the face confident that they are in the right. This is important to understand because the repercussions of this raid will be greatly lessened due to the nature of american intimidation. If it went to courts, all the cops and nat. guard would have to do was say drug crazed kids resisted. No video, no tape, no amount of eye witnesses will ever disprove that, at least not in our courts eyes.

It's a hard fact of life when you realize you just have to accept that shitty things are going to happen. What they did at that rave was inexcusable, but I guarantee you they will get away with it. That's the way this country works. It's a great place, but it has it's flaws, just like everyplace else. At least they only took a beating. I've been beaten in handcuffs by officers before, what can I do? nothing. what can those kids do? nothing. correction, they can sue, and spend lots of money in courts, and then loose the case.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned

I agree that some fvcked up shit, I'm sure it is being covered up.

What a fvcken dissapointment.

jjnuggs is offline New Member
    gq bouncer,
    take it from a former soldier, got out 2mths ago, that the army doesn't carry ak's and they don't break up parties and i do believe that they haven't beaten any innocent citizens of the republic since probably the civil right movement, check your sources bro, we don't need to give the troops a bad rap, ak's are a russian made weapon and gi's have what is called a deuce and a half, they don't roll up in semis, our troops work hard man, maybe, i doubt it but maybe, the swat was the ones in the camis, they've been known to wear them and i would not put beating past those assholes

The National Guards wasnt in

it was the sherrif department with his intervention unit

Menschliche Rechte wurden vollständig übersehen, das nicht gerechtfertigt und falsch ist

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thReichFuhrer
    Menschliche Rechte wurden vollständig übersehen, das nicht gerechtfertigt und falsch ist
    do we have a german translater in the house ?

Human rights were ignored completely, that is unjustified and wrong

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like they need more liberals to keep an eye on this sort of thing . . .
    -Tock

skiing is offline Associate Member

I agree that our rights are in jeopardy it will take something of significance to wake the giant. I am very skeptical of the tactics of those in power use. ski a great winter

Quote Originally Posted by 4thReichFuhrer

und Auf Widershein!

LOL, aight it was the sheriff's department, it's all good than

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Some People Claim Abuse At Canyon Party Bust
    Save It Email It Print It
    About 90 law enforcement officers from multiple agencies broke up what they said was a rave party on public and private property in the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork canyon.

Utah County sheriff's Sergeant Darren Gilbert says they made about 60 arrests for weapons offenses, driving under the influence, underage drinking, drug possession and distribution, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer and disorderly conduct.

Some partygoers say that law enforcement used excessive force during arrests at the party. One woman claims she was punched by officers and thrown to the ground.

The Utah County Sheriff says he was there when the arrests occurred and that no excessive force was used by any officer.

Officers say they found cocaine, Ecstasy, marijuana, mushrooms, alcohol and large amounts of drug paraphernalia.

Gilbert says a 17-year-old West Jordan girl was found overdosed on Ecstasy, and was treated and released to her parents.

He said there were more than 250 people at the party. That is the number for which the county requires a permit, bond and county commission approval. Gilbert said the party did not have that approval.
    No mention of the Migs or the AK 47s…….

Thread Information