Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Why is Africa such a mess??

Exploited by the white man????

Lazy people??

Islam?

What do you all think??

Look at all the natural resources there and how long the indigenous people had to develop their land........and they're still dropping like flies.

Think Africa is forever doomed to third world status??.......why?

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a long fvckin story right their badger

The western armies should be in Africa sorting that continent out, than in the middle-east - Africa needs SERIOUS help

IMO - it comes down to lack of socio-cultural developement

(btw, thanks for taking down your "Nigger" thread)

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    That's a long fvckin story right their badger

The western armies should be in Africa sorting that continent out, than in the middle-east - Africa needs SERIOUS help

IMO - it comes down to lack of socio-cultural developement

(btw, thanks for taking down your "Nigger" thread)

No problem.......just jackin aound anyway......had to get a Mormon slam in

As far as Africa goes......

I would think they would tire of killing each other and just plain starving.

Obviously throwing money at them does little to help.

I've come to the conclusion that any so called "aid" seems to destroy peoples motivation to excel and alleviate their own problems. The US has created a bunch of dependent children/beggars.......all across the globe.........spoilt children are not a pretty sight.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman

I've come to the conclusion that any so called "aid" seems to destroy peoples motivation to excel and alleviate their own problems. The US has created a bunch of dependent children/beggars.......all across the globe.........spoilt children are not a pretty sight.

That, I agree with.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    And they keep wanting more but do not want us to give advice. We should keep all monies just to let them understand. Then use the money that we do give for aid for reasons of humanitarian relief and not for control.

Sometimes the best aid you can give is to cut them loose to fend for themselves......
    watch enough of your kids starve and you might quit screwing so much.......or figure out how to raise food.......I mean those people are ridiculous........

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I do not think we send much aid to africa, well the parts that seem to need it... Do they have any natural resources we could go to war over? oops I meant buy from them?

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I do not think we send much aid to africa, well the parts that seem to need it... Do they have any natural resources we could go to war over? oops I meant buy from them?

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    i like how meso talks !

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Like a model...obssesed by her looks and trapped in this life.....Wether she believes it or not......a fire eating up her face...may be the best thing that has happened to her...Africa needs the fire in the face.....

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Like a model...obssesed by her looks and trapped in this life.....Wether she believes it or not......a fire eating up her face...may be the best thing that has happened to her...Africa needs the fire in the face.....
    plz elaborate your point !

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zOaib
    plz elaborate your point !
    Sure...

Imagine a model caught up in all the "GLAMOUR"...as we see it...Obsessed by it..Obssessed by societie's obsession and infatuation with her...It keeps on going...and the more she has..the more depressed she is.....If she lost it all...she might be sad @ 1st...but she is being set free...from not having to play their stupid game....In a same way..africa..has the same problem with the Aids theyre getting....if they lost it all....They might do bad at 1st....but they will be free and better in the end....

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well we have to go back to the colonial empires that actually exploited and put puppet government in places that continued inequalities and so on.

Islam? Well no, only the northern part of Africa is Muslim with Somalia down south, the rest are good ole christian that even in religion were forced to adopt the religion of others ie: Christianity, Islam.

Ive heard once, African solution for African problems, well maybe it is time to give them a run to solve their own problems because so far we only cause more BS and actually more convenant for the west than Africa.

But Africa? Who cares anyways eh

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Complete lack of legal system and property rights structure. It's hard to be productive if you have to spend as much time defending the product(s) of your work as you do creating or consuming them.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Complete lack of legal system and property rights structure. It's hard to be productive if you have to spend as much time defending the product(s) of your work as you do creating or consuming them.
    well said,

we need troops on the ground organizing a government, (re-)construction teams. food/shelter/heat provisions & education - and we need to commit for atleast 50-100 years to have generation to be self-sufficient

that is the solution..... ... to why the free world will never go into Africa...

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico

I agree.

Here's a great article on the subject.

http://www.reason.com/0507/cr.ma.cry.shtml

Romulus is offline New Member
    Hi there !

A very complicated question this one, and something that you could write volumes about. One of the main problems is a culture of entitlement....by that I mean that everything must consist of handouts without the requisite amount of work that is required to achieve anything in life (In first world countries at any rate.)

Serious droughts and incessant civil wars......tin pot dictators lining their own pockets while people starve.....and while this is going on you sh*g yourself into oblivion and have ten children.

By the way....heaps of the American tax payer's money finds it's way into Africa, and then the same tinpot dictator will stand up and criticise your government and it's foreign policy. Middle finger of the one hand up in the air while the other hand holds the begging bowl.......insane.

My country, South Africa, is one of the few success stories. Inflation of 3,5%,stable currency (about 6 to the dollar), and great infrastructure. We are also amongst the biggest producers of gold, uranium and diamonds in the world....but luckily we are quite far away!!

Will the rest of Africa ever break out of the third world mindset.....probably not. Does the rest of the world care?? If the massacre of 2 million people in Rwanda a few years ago is anything to go by.....I doubt it. (take into account that when Kuwait was invaded the rest of the world jumped to their defence eagerly.......the big difference being oil deposits!!)

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus
    Hi there !

A very complicated question this one, and something that you could write volumes about. One of the main problems is a culture of entitlement....by that I mean that everything must consist of handouts without the requisite amount of work that is required to achieve anything in life (In first world countries at any rate.)

Serious droughts and incessant civil wars......tin pot dictators lining their own pockets while people starve.....and while this is going on you sh*g yourself into oblivion and have ten children.

By the way....heaps of the American tax payer's money finds it's way into Africa, and then the same tinpot dictator will stand up and criticise your government and it's foreign policy. Middle finger of the one hand up in the air while the other hand holds the begging bowl.......insane.

My country, South Africa, is one of the few success stories. Inflation of 3,5%,stable currency (about 6 to the dollar), and great infrastructure. We are also amongst the biggest producers of gold, uranium and diamonds in the world....but luckily we are quite far away!!

Will the rest of Africa ever break out of the third world mindset.....probably not. Does the rest of the world care?? If the massacre of 2 million people in Rwanda a few years ago is anything to go by.....I doubt it. (take into account that when Kuwait was invaded the rest of the world jumped to their defence eagerly.......the big difference being oil deposits!!)
    I appreciate your unique, and suprisingly accurate, point of view on the situation on the dark continent. The nation of South Africa, although certainly not without it's historical problems that face a young nation, has fared well because of it's colonization by Europeans and subsequent fostering of democratic republican governance and legal aknowledgement of private property.

Just a thought, but the continent of Africa as a whole seems to be in a totaly different stage of developement than that of most of the populated world. We isolate and study stone-age tribes in New Guinea without interfering for fear of impeding their individual cultural evolution and developement. Why then can we not allow a disimillar but equally unique set of countries to decide their own national direction, free from outside influence?

Romulus is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I appreciate your unique, and suprisingly accurate, point of view on the situation on the dark continent. The nation of South Africa, although certainly not without it's historical problems that face a young nation, has fared well because of it's colonization by Europeans and subsequent fostering of democratic republican governance and legal aknowledgement of private property.

Just a thought, but the continent of Africa as a whole seems to be in a totaly different stage of developement than that of most of the populated world. We isolate and study stone-age tribes in New Guinea without interfering for fear of impeding their individual cultural evolution and developement. Why then can we not allow a disimillar but equally unique set of countries to decide their own national direction, free from outside influence?
    Well, you had me scratching my head and pondering that one for a while......
    The stone age tribes in New Guinea will probably, if left alone for a thousand years, eventually develop into a nation with Govt structures, the rule of law,property rights, modern means of communication and all the other things that go along with a modern civilization.

Africa has "selective modernization" in some countries, where tribalism can be enforced and fostered down the barrel of a gun. What I mean is this:

We have a military coup, and then some form of election (maybe free and fair,maybe not.) Somebody is elected, as a result of making loads of pretty promises. By the time people realise that he is not making good on those promises, he and the ruling party have pumped laws through parliament making it near nigh impossible for them to be removed from power. The economy goes to ruin because of disinvestment and other factors, but those who control the means of production and the military live in the land of milk and honey, because they are an important cog in the machinery.

Whenever we have an election, the important cogs in the machinery go around chopping off fingers and toes to convince people that they really do want to vote for the ruling party. Anybody from the leader of the opposition to journalists can and are put on trial for treason if they say anything anti-government, and in this way the whole ugly scenario is perpetuated.

Please have a look at the histories of recent examples Zimbabwe and Liberia.

Jeez, haven't thought about politics that much in a while !! I think the theory of non-intervention might have worked if Africa had been left alone, but that opportunity went out the window with colonization. But then again, I probably would not be living in the most beautiful place on earth, having descended from British settlers myself.

Great swopping some ideas with you !! Peace......

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    The world really dont care about Sub-Saharan Africa, alot of it is sadly racist. No one cared about Rwanda, the media didnt even talk about it, although it was one of the greatest slaughters in the history of the world.

Africa is how it is, because of its weather mainly, and bad infastructure. Its a very sad situation, but hopefully Africa gets up to par with other nations.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    The world really dont care about Sub-Saharan Africa, alot of it is sadly racist. No one cared about Rwanda, the media didnt even talk about it, although it was one of the greatest slaughters in the history of the world.

Africa is how it is, because of its weather mainly, and bad infastructure. Its a very sad situation, but hopefully Africa gets up to par with other nations.

sorry dude, but it was all over the news in Canada and europe!

didnt make it to the US tho....

but in Canada people were manifesting and calling for help for Rwanda!

Thread Information