Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    eliteforce is offline Member

God's a Chic, right?

well the athiesm thread is just too long, but why do people always refer to God as he , go dwould be a female wouldn't she..after all this is a female based planet..

notus is offline Member
    I didn't know this was a female based plantet...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    god according to most belifes wouldnt have a sex. Since it would be uniqe and alone giving it a sex would be odd. But most refers to god as he probably because a male usualt have higher authority then a female(not bashing females but a example. Who gives the mest visual and imidiet respect. A male or female cop?).

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes its a woman

why?

The planet is a mess
    war, troubles and ****up all over the place
    gossips were invented
    half of the planet is suffering of hunger, they are too fat she says!

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    yea, god has no sex. but to refer to God as "it" seems a little impersonal to me. and also, another reason God is referred to male is because of Jesus, taking on the form of male.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    That is the biggest problem with us humans, we love to give human attributes to GOD, because we cant imagine it otherwise, that is a very wrong thing to do.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    That is the biggest problem with us humans, we love to give human attributes to GOD, because we cant imagine it otherwise, that is a very wrong thing to do.
    It might be totally wrong however it's probably partially right. God made man in his image so some human attributes MUST be "Godly".

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over the whole earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth on the earth.

And God created Man in his image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

--Bible

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Well that would explain why my cable TV always cuts out during monday night football.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Well that would explain why my cable TV always cuts out during monday night football.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    It might be totally wrong however it's probably partially right. God made man in his image so some human attributes MUST be "Godly".

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over the whole earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth on the earth.

And God created Man in his image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

--Bible
    god is spirit. god made man in his own image. meaning our physical human attributes have nothing to do with his image. but our invisible spirit.

i think by calling God he/she/it is just a matter of referencing. and it mainly is a 'he' used because of Jesus.

who told you, it was wrong to do so

I imagine god as a big white bearded man with long hair, so atleast im thinking about him, maybe he's a grey alien who is 5" , hell I dunno!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    who told you, it was wrong to do so

I imagine god as a big white bearded man with long hair, so atleast im thinking about him, maybe he's a grey alien who is 5" , hell I dunno!
    Romans 1:20-25

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. Emphasis added. I would say this pretty much says it's not a good idea

JohnnyB

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    god is spirit. god made man in his own image. meaning our physical human attributes have nothing to do with his image. but our invisible spirit.
    God has no physical form however he shares a spiritual, social and, optimally, a moral likeness with man. Also, God appeared several times in the old testament in the form of a man.

And Jacob remained alone; and a man wrestled with him until the rising of the dawn. 25 And when he saw that he did not prevail against him, he touched the joint of his thigh; and the joint of Jacob's thigh was dislocated as he wrestled with him. 26 And he said, Let me go, for the dawn ariseth. And he said, I will not let thee go except thou bless me. 27 And he said to him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. 28 And he said, Thy name shall not henceforth be called Jacob, but Israel; for thou hast wrestled with God, and with men, and hast prevailed. 29 And Jacob asked and said, Tell [me], I pray thee, thy name. And he said, How is it that thou askest after my name? And he blessed him there. 30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel -- For I have seen God face to face, and my life has been preserved.

in your original post i replied to, you were talking about his likeness..his image...being human like, at least thats how i read your post. thats what the verse is talking about that you quoted. perhaps you quoted something you didnt mean and i misunderstood what you were meaning..heh.

but you are correct. god has appeared time(s) as a man.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    but you are correct. god has appeared time(s) as a man.
    In Christianity, not Islam. I just edited it to take out Judaism because I see in the Old Testament GOD appeared as a man and wrestled Jacob.

Islam rejects characterizing God in any human form or depicting Him as favoring certain individuals or nations on the basis of wealth, power or race. He created the human-beings as equals. They may distinguish themselves and get His favor through virtue and piety only.

The concept that God rested in the seventh day of creation, that God wrestled with one of His soldiers, that God is an envious plotter against mankind, or that God is incarnate in any human being are considered blasphemy from the Islamic point of view.
    Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 08-30-2005 at 09:49 AM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    In Christianity, not Islam. I just edited it to take out Judaism because I see in the Old Testament GOD appeared as a man and wrestled Jacob.

Islam rejects characterizing God in any human form or depicting Him as favoring certain individuals or nations on the basis of wealth, power or race. He created the human-beings as equals. They may distinguish themselves and get His favor through virtue and piety only.

The concept that God rested in the seventh day of creation, that God wrestled with one of His soldiers, that God is an envious plotter against mankind, or that God is incarnate in any human being are considered blasphemy from the Islamic point of view.
    That's to bad, since Jesus is God incarnate, doesn't the Koran say God is the only one with sin?

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    That's to bad, since Jesus is God incarnate
    According to Christianity.

doesn't the Koran say God is the only one with sin?
    No, that isnt even close to being true.

Jesus is not God incarnate, he brought the message from God, so we entitled him as god because he was god's words.

Same as saying the archangels gabriel is God

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Jesus is not God incarnate, he brought the message from God, so we entitled him as god because he was god's words.

(off topic) Vandoo that is one ugly avatar.

maybe this is true in the religion of 3vandoo...but not so in christianity.

Thread Information