Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679

    Celine Dion:Let them loot

    Celine Dion:
    Let 'em loot!
    Singer claims 'they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives'


    International singing star Celine Dion has little problem with the large amount of looting taking place in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans, and she's slamming the U.S. government for its perceived slow response to Katrina's impact.


    Celine Dion: 'Let them touch those things for once' (CNN, Sept. 3)

    "You know, some people are stealing and they're making a big deal out of it," Dion said on CNN's "Larry King Live," as she said she'd donate $1 million toward relief.

    "Oh, they're stealing 20 pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. Who cares? They're not going to go too far with it. Maybe those people are so poor, some of the people who do that they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives. Let them touch those things for once."

    Dion, a celebrity from Canada who now lives and performs in Las Vegas, took a double swipe at U.S. war policy while criticizing the recovery effort.

    "How come it's so easy to send planes in another country to kill everyone in a second, to destroy lives?" she asked.

    "I open the television, there's people still there waiting to be rescued and for me it's not acceptable. I know there's reasons for it. I'm sorry to say I'm being rude but I don't want to hear those reasons."

    Fellow singer Harry Connick Jr., who hails from New Orleans, and was able to make it into the hard-hit region last week, said he was horrified by the number of bodies, including an old woman in a chair at the city's convention center.

    Connick also told King a friend commandeered an abandoned city bus to help evacuate refugees.

    "And I'm thinking, if [she] can get on a bus and drive a bus out with sick people, you know, well, we can't get a barge to park back up on the Mississippi behind the convention center and get these people out?"

    The Bush administration was also accused of racism on national TV during a celebrity relief effort on NBC.


    Kayne West

    "George Bush doesn't care about black people!" exclaimed rapper Kayne West. (Click for video of West's comments.)

    West continued:

    I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help – with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way – and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

    NBC issued a statement about the remarks, stating: "Tonight's telecast was a live television event wrought with emotion. Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks. It would be most unfortunate if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

    Meanwhile, actor Sean Penn made his own personal attempt to aid those in New Orleans, but the small boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

    The 45-year-old Oscar winner had planned on rescuing stranded children, but an Agence France-Presse report indicates he apparently forgot to plug a hole in the vessel's bottom, which took on water within seconds of its launch.

    Asked about his goal in the soaked city, Penn replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

    But with the boat loaded with members of his entourage, including his personal photographer, one bystander taunted: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

  2. #2
    books555's Avatar
    books555 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,679
    I am sure she would be saying that if her house was flooded.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    "Oh, they're stealing 20 pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. Who cares? They're not going to go too far with it.
    Well, as much as I dislike Céline and dislike looters more (I think looters should be executed on sight), she does have a point. The city is ruined, where are the looter gonna go with their stolen crap? The looting is an exercise in futility... if anything all it's doing is showing the world the true nature of some of the people down there.

    I guess donating a million $$$ to the relief does buy one the privilege to go on national TV and say whats on ones mind. In the end I don't really care what she has to say, as long as she does her part to help...

    I wonder if other "artists" will also put up the $$$ to help? Money is what's going to be needed the most down there, not publicity stunts with leaky boats and loud mout idiots. U readin' this Penn? Wheres YOUR million?

    Red

  4. #4
    MilitiaGuy's Avatar
    MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Middle-East Lebanon
    Posts
    4,328
    what she have said have a little bit of communism in it!!

  5. #5
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Quote Originally Posted by books555
    Celine Dion:
    Let 'em loot!
    Singer claims 'they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives'


    International singing star Celine Dion has little problem with the large amount of looting taking place in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans, and she's slamming the U.S. government for its perceived slow response to Katrina's impact.


    Celine Dion: 'Let them touch those things for once' (CNN, Sept. 3)

    "You know, some people are stealing and they're making a big deal out of it," Dion said on CNN's "Larry King Live," as she said she'd donate $1 million toward relief.

    "Oh, they're stealing 20 pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. Who cares? They're not going to go too far with it. Maybe those people are so poor, some of the people who do that they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives. Let them touch those things for once."

    Dion, a celebrity from Canada who now lives and performs in Las Vegas, took a double swipe at U.S. war policy while criticizing the recovery effort.

    "How come it's so easy to send planes in another country to kill everyone in a second, to destroy lives?" she asked.

    "I open the television, there's people still there waiting to be rescued and for me it's not acceptable. I know there's reasons for it. I'm sorry to say I'm being rude but I don't want to hear those reasons."

    Fellow singer Harry Connick Jr., who hails from New Orleans, and was able to make it into the hard-hit region last week, said he was horrified by the number of bodies, including an old woman in a chair at the city's convention center.

    Connick also told King a friend commandeered an abandoned city bus to help evacuate refugees.

    "And I'm thinking, if [she] can get on a bus and drive a bus out with sick people, you know, well, we can't get a barge to park back up on the Mississippi behind the convention center and get these people out?"

    The Bush administration was also accused of racism on national TV during a celebrity relief effort on NBC.


    Kayne West

    "George Bush doesn't care about black people!" exclaimed rapper Kayne West. (Click for video of West's comments.)

    West continued:

    I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help – with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way – and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

    NBC issued a statement about the remarks, stating: "Tonight's telecast was a live television event wrought with emotion. Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks. It would be most unfortunate if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

    Meanwhile, actor Sean Penn made his own personal attempt to aid those in New Orleans, but the small boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

    The 45-year-old Oscar winner had planned on rescuing stranded children, but an Agence France-Presse report indicates he apparently forgot to plug a hole in the vessel's bottom, which took on water within seconds of its launch.

    Asked about his goal in the soaked city, Penn replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

    But with the boat loaded with members of his entourage, including his personal photographer, one bystander taunted: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"
    WHY THE FVCK IS EVERYONE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF LOOTING I SAY BUSH GOT SOME NERDY SCIENTISTS TO MAKE THIS STORM TO TAKE THE FOCUS OFF IRAQ

  6. #6
    Puffader's Avatar
    Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    1,004
    I say shoot the MF'ers, black or white, PERIOD.......

  7. #7
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Shooting looters is dumb.

    Looting for food and water is normal, and there is nothing wrong with it, especially in what those residents went through.

    People stealing shoes and television sets should be punished, but not shot.

  8. #8
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Shooting looters is dumb.

    Looting for food and water is normal, and there is nothing wrong with it, especially in what those residents went through.

    People stealing shoes and television sets should be punished, but not shot.
    haha theyre shooting looters and murderers dont get death penalty LMAO

  9. #9
    O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    haha theyre shooting looters and murderers dont get death penalty LMAO
    good point .

  10. #10
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    sorry, now lives six months a year in Vegas and the other six she polutes my air!

    anyway, she shown the world how she has too much air spaces in her head

  11. #11
    scriptfactory's Avatar
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    sorry, now lives six months a year in Vegas and the other six she polutes my air!

    anyway, she shown the world how she has too much air spaces in her head
    Your posts are hilarious!!! Is your original language French?! Because I don't understand a word of what you wrote.

    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Shooting looters is dumb.

    Looting for food and water is normal, and there is nothing wrong with it, especially in what those residents went through.

    People stealing shoes and television sets should be punished, but not shot.
    I don't see anything wrong with stealing shoes, either. These people are walking through dirty ass water and most of them lost EVERYTHING, why shouldn't they get a new pair of shoes or some other clothes. "Everything" means they don't own anything anymore, including clothes.

    Stealing TV sets is pretty ****ing retarded, though. Especially waterlogged TV sets. Shoot looters?! Everyone who said that should shoot themselves in the foot because those statements were so ****ing stupid.

  12. #12
    inheritmylife's Avatar
    inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    a state of denial
    Posts
    2,983
    The funny thing is, in that wasteland, a gallon of water or an MRE probably has more street value than a plasma TV. That is, if you are living in an area that has not had the benefit of being submerged in less than 8 feet of water until now.

    But yet, they steal TVs. They may carry some worth if they had the financial means to get them to someplace where an appliance can actually be plugged in.

    Celine Dion, or whoever, says "who can blame them?"

    Well, I hate to admit that Celine actually had to work for something, had to put in a days work somewhere along the line to get her countless millions, but she did. And she probably has some idea of what that hard days work means.

    And she understands what George Michael had to do to get his fag-pad in the OC.

    So she may just have developed some understanding along the way, that stealing from your neighbors ain't cool. I didn't work for it, it ain't mine to take.

    Celine ain't going to take the 747 aircraft from John Travolta down the street just because she couldn't afford one before she had the chance to steal it. If her house is flooded, the rich-beyond-comprehension, Celine is looking for food and safety. She wants to live.

    She don't care about how she can benefit from such a catastrophy because she knows that she has the individual ability and skill to make a living in the USA from pure bitchy-ambition and over-produced vocals, layered over synthesised tracks.

    A productive citizen that has integrity, a mere rudimentary sense of civic responsibility, and an ability to make ones own way in even the entry-level job market, would never steal something from a flooded HH Greg when they have no idea where their entire network of friends and family are, and had moved them to an area that was safe from enviornmental disaster and the ensuing anarchy.

    Someone who is raised to depend upon the establishment for every need, but whom is also expected to develpoe a ferverous hatred for every part of the system that allows them to decide their own way and provide for themselves, certainly is not free from responsibility when they commit such deeds, but who believes that they have any reason to be the good example when everyone around them loots, and not a one of them thinks they will ever hold a job that can support a family?

  13. #13
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Your posts are hilarious!!! Is your original language French?! Because I don't understand a word of what you wrote.


    I don't see anything wrong with stealing shoes, either. These people are walking through dirty ass water and most of them lost EVERYTHING, why shouldn't they get a new pair of shoes or some other clothes. "Everything" means they don't own anything anymore, including clothes.

    Stealing TV sets is pretty ****ing retarded, though. Especially waterlogged TV sets. Shoot looters?! Everyone who said that should shoot themselves in the foot because those statements were so ****ing stupid.
    No my original language is vandoolic, a mix of english and french with some irish thoughts in between

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •