Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Not only is Bush a bad president........

He appoints under qualified people......

FEMA director's qualifications questioned

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Top U.S. disaster official Michael Brown, under fire over the federal response to Hurricane Katrina, cited prior emergency-management experience in an official biography but his duties were "more like an intern," Time magazine reported.

Brown's biography on the Federal Emergency Management Agency Web site says he had once served as an "assistant city manager with emergency services oversight," and a White House news release in 2001 said Brown had worked for the city of Edmond, Oklahoma in the 1970s "overseeing the emergency-services division."

However, a city spokeswoman told the magazine Brown had actually worked as "an assistant to the city manager."

"The assistant is more like an intern," Claudia Deakins told the magazine. "Department heads did not report to him." Time posted the article on its Web site late on Thursday.

Brown, a lawyer, was appointed as FEMA's general counsel in 2001 and became head of the agency in 2003. The work in Edmond is the only previous disaster-related experience cited in the biographies. Brown served as commissioner of the International Arabian Horse Association before taking the FEMA job.

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-Connecticut, had cited Brown's Edmond experience as "particularly useful" for FEMA during a hearing in 2002.

Critics, including some Republicans, have blasted Brown for delays and missteps in the federal government's response to Katrina's deadly and devastating assault on New Orleans and the U.S. Gulf Coast last week. Some have demanded his ouster.

Bush last week gave Brown a word of support, saying "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."

This week, Bush put the U.S. Coast Guard's chief of staff in charge of the federal recovery effort in New Orleans and gave Vice President Dick Cheney the job of cutting through bureaucratic delays.

The Washington Post reported on Friday that five of eight top FEMA officials had come to their jobs with virtually no experience in handling disasters. The agency's top three leaders, including Brown, had ties to Bush's 2000 presidential campaign or the White House advance operation.

Former Edmond city manager Bill Dashner recalled for Time that Brown had worked for him as an administrative assistant while attending Central State University.

"Mike used to handle a lot of details. Every now and again I'd ask him to write me a speech. He was very loyal. He was always on time. He always had on a suit and a starched white shirt," Dashner told Time.

Edmond's population is about 70,000.

In response to the Time report, FEMA issued a statement that took issue with elements related to an unofficial biography, and described his job in Edmond as "assistant to the city manager."

Brown "remains focused on helping Americans through the worst natural disaster in history," FEMA said.

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

PLUS HE WAS ASKED TO LEAVE THE HORSE SHOW JOB.........FIRED

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    We should be worried about who he is going to let interpret laws and the constitution on the Supreme Court. That is where a president can really effect a country for generations.

donbone is offline Banned
    The really strange thing is Republicans keep kicking democrat tail every election.

Quote Originally Posted by donbone
    The really strange thing is Republicans keep kicking democrat tail every election.
    I know it keeps me wandering how they keep stacking the deck... Either they can poll tamper or some of us, including me, buy into their lies.

NYCmitch25 is offline New Member
    Bush on vacation
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Not only is Bush a bad president........-bushvaca.jpg  

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    We should be worried about who he is going to let interpret laws and the constitution on the Supreme Court. That is where a president can really effect a country for generations.
    yes.. an answer to prayer is coming true for millions of americans right now as we speak..

God bless America, and his faithful servant President Bush
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Why the Police will Kick your ass

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    yes.. an answer to prayer is coming true for millions of americans right now as we speak..

God bless America, and his faithful servant President Bush

In what way will his appointments to the supreme court be good?

A serious question because I have no clue what kind of views the people hes going to appoint has.

Unfortunaly us laws seems to influence the rest of the world so I hope they wont try to push more bullshit drug laws into place atleast.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    In what way will his appointments to the supreme court be good?

A serious question because I have no clue what kind of views the people hes going to appoint has.

His latest appointee, Roberts, is the perfect little GOP trooper. He could be swapped for the old Cheif Justice without much difference in political philosiphy.

He won't overturn any New Deal programs like Social Security, and he is probably more likely to restrict constitutional rights such as privacy and free speech than Reinquist was.

I hope he votes to hang himself for treason ahead of time.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Hey , today bush took 'full responsibility ' for the poor response to the hurricane .

What a guy .

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    Hey , today bush took 'full responsibility ' for the poor response to the hurricane .

What a guy .
    Gotta keep that approval rating up.

donbone is offline Banned
    I wonder if Mccain will make a better president?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by donbone
    I wonder if Mccain will make a better president?
    Mccain would have been unquestionably better than bush, but I think his time has come and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    His latest appointee, Roberts, is the perfect little GOP trooper. He could be swapped for the old Cheif Justice without much difference in political philosiphy.

He won't overturn any New Deal programs like Social Security, and he is probably more likely to restrict constitutional rights such as privacy and free speech than Reinquist was.

He won't kill himself, not after he gets a taste of legislating from the bench... Those guys are in there for life!

diezell is offline Senior Member
    what do you think bush's odds are of getting reelected? id be willing to bet slim to none

Quote Originally Posted by diezell
    what do you think bush's odds are of getting reelected? id be willing to bet slim to none
    I would say 0% odds since he cant run again

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife

Roberts is very slick and intelligent. He knows how to talk, a perfect lawyer, he didnt answer many questions, but it made it seem like he answered it. When one of the US senators I belive Biden said "Kabuki" dance, that is exactly what the hearing was.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Roberts is very slick and intelligent. He knows how to talk, a perfect lawyer, he didnt answer many questions, but it made it seem like he answered it. When one of the US senators I belive Biden said "Kabuki" dance, that is exactly what the hearing was.
    Politicians,Cops, and Lawyers, dont trust one of them.

Thread Information