Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

What decides your vote

What is the most important issue when you decide who/what party to vote for?

If you had to rank these with the most important at the top how would you rank it(feel free to add any issue you feel is more important then those mentioned). The ranking doesnt neccesarly mean you want more importance put on the subject but less. Take social services for instance, you might feel strongly to cut them down so that makes the issue a high ranking issue for you. Define why you rank the things the way you do. Try to be a little indepth but dont write a 10 page essay.

Enviroment
    Science/education
    National Economy
    Strong military
    Social programs
    Laws(more strict crime laws or more personal freedom define what you think is important when it comes to laws).
    Morals of the party/leader
    Religion of the party/leader
    Healthcare

This is how I would rank it:

Science/education
    Enviroment
    Laws
    Healthcare
    National Economy
    Social Programs
    Strong Military

Science/education: at top since I feel nothing is more important for our race. We need some serious investments to take us out of the dump we are heading into. I also feel that education lessens hostility and agression. Thats atleast the picture I get from the university world. Ignorance, hostility and aggresive behavior seems way more comon among the uneducated.

Enviroment: kind of ties in with the above. The enviromental stance of a party is important to me since I feel more needs to be done on a govermental level to restrain the damage our big companies are doing to our planet for the sake of a higher revenue. More needs to be done to get clean and efficient fuel and energy sources aswell. I would however want a party that supports a massive investment in nuclear power since I feel its the cleanest energy we have now until we make fusion work.

Laws: I want less laws that restrict personal freedom(freedom to use some drugs, steroids ect), but more laws to increase companies responsibility for the shit they can cause. But not to the extent that they wont survive. Strict laws about companie influence on politics(like imidiet removal of any politician that funds political campaigns with funds recivied from companie donations)

Healtcare: I support a strong healthcare but one less prone to take advantage of than the current one in sweden. Canada seems to have a good model. Some modifications needs to be done but all in all I feel most people should be able to get healthcare even if they dont have much cash.

National Economy: A growing economy would be needed to push the first 2 ranks into the possible realm. A party that could convince me that they could realisticly support scientific progress, enviroment and economical growth would have my vote no matter what other things they want done.

Social programs: Some support for the poor but strict regulations so it cant be taken advantage of as easily as now.

Strong military: I dont care that much about military. Keep it strong if needed but never more than needed. A few nukes is enough deterant for most and a semi solid defence that atleast makes other countries think twice. Trying to match the rest of the worlds combined military spendings seems like a waste.

Moral/religion: Religious and moral ideas the party hold doesnt mean much to me aslong as they would allow the people to live a free life undisturbed by any specific religious ideology or moral bullshit. Any strongly religious party would defenetly NOT get a vote for me if they try to include that particular religions ideas on society. Buddhistic party would be different though since I feel they would rank things pretty close to my ranking.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 09-23-2005 at 05:29 PM.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    This is how I would rank it:

Science/education
    Enviroment
    Laws
    Healthcare
    National Economy
    Social Programs
    Strong Military

**Lower taxes
    national economy
    strong military
    laws
    education

all the others are at the bottom. doesnt matter the order.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Science/education:every country need science development to develope weapons to protect it sovernety and to use those weapons as a political tool

National Economy:great national economy is the back bone of a great army

Strong military: the army is the strongest political tool in the hand of any country with a big army a country can protect its soverenity and can use to force some politcal idea, plus the army can play a role by backing up the secret police

Laws: laws should be strict , so the system will be above everything and any body who try to break the system will face serious consequenses, plus liberal idea should be banned espacially the social liberal ideas (like fag rights, ect...)

Morals of the party/leader: the leader is the head of the governement and he is the image of the governement thus he should have great morals

Religion of the party/leader: of course he should be a muslim.

transform is offline Associate Member
    1-The economy (very broad, but most important i think)

2-Healthcare

3-Resolving the situation in the north-east (aka Northern Ireland)

4-An actual policy with regards to how deep theyre willing to allow the country to go into the European Union

5-Preservation of the Irish language

*Morals of the party are important and worth taking into consideration
    *Religion is irrelevant in my opinion, i think secularisation is best (however, im not a 'religious' person)

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Sein Fein.

I don't care what promise's are made on the podium by politicans, their all a bunch of scumbags anyway.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    1.Taxes
    2.Drug Policies

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    Science/education:every country need science development to develope weapons to protect it sovernety and to use those weapons as a political tool

National Economy:great national economy is the back bone of a great army

Strong military: the army is the strongest political tool in the hand of any country with a big army a country can protect its soverenity and can use to force some politcal idea, plus the army can play a role by backing up the secret police

Laws: laws should be strict , so the system will be above everything and any body who try to break the system will face serious consequenses, plus liberal idea should be banned espacially the social liberal ideas (like fag rights, ect...)

Morals of the party/leader: the leader is the head of the governement and he is the image of the governement thus he should have great morals

Religion of the party/leader: of course he should be a muslim.
    Not a bash but why so militaristic? Do you feel a good military is more important than general scientific/technological advancements? What need is there for a army larger than what is needed to keep the country safe?

books555 is offline Senior Member
    Nostradomus

Thread Information