Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Animal rights

  1. #1
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223

    Animal rights

    How do you guys feel about animal rights?

    1. Do you feel we have the right to do pretty much anything we want since we are on the top of the food chain and no other animal in that position shows mercy to those below.

    Or

    2. Do you feel we as humans have progressed so far that we should be able to treat all animals good out of compassion. Not abusing our power just because we have the ability.

    I lean towards 2. I eat meat for sure, but I get seriously sic by the way cattle is treated just for profit.

    I get equaly sic by how wolfs and other predators are almost extinct in some parts of the world to protect cattle. In sweden there is hardly any wolfs left.

    But worst of all is the people intentionaly hunting animals like tigers, lions ect just for trophies.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,901
    No contest,number 2 for sure.I hate seeing animals suffering.

  3. #3
    MASTERDBOL's Avatar
    MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    moving to austin
    Posts
    1,455
    i believe in animal rights unless it is at the expense of humans. for example....in the state of oregon a few years back.....there were thousands of farmers put on the street practically because of environmentalists protecting the sucker fish. (whatever the hell that is). and thousands of lumbermen without jobs because of the protection of the spotted owl. etc. but being inhumane to animals for no reason, or intentional hunting of near-extinct animals such as lions and tigers is ridiculous. i also watch animal planet on tv often, and it makes me sick to see how so many people abuse their pets, and those that use dogs for fighting, etc. its wrong.

  4. #4
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    i dont, or woudlnt just for no reason mistreat an animal, but when ppl put them in front of a person.. then i think animals are just that... animals. someone being mean to an animal is wrong and punishable, but if a dog bites my son, and i shooot that fuckin thing, i dont wanna hear some stupid peta fag bitch about it

  5. #5
    MASTERDBOL's Avatar
    MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    moving to austin
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i dont, or woudlnt just for no reason mistreat an animal, but when ppl put them in front of a person.. then i think animals are just that... animals. someone being mean to an animal is wrong and punishable, but if a dog bites my son, and i shooot that fuckin thing, i dont wanna hear some stupid peta fag bitch about it
    i agree with you on that. definitely.

  6. #6
    BeerBaron's Avatar
    BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,458
    It's easy to say #2, no reasonable person enjoys seeing another living creature suffer. But would you be willing to pay the price for better animal treatment? Animals bred for commercial use are treated horribly NOT simply because others are with out compassion, animals are treated poorly to cut costs and make animal products cheaper. So we could let the cows free range and have a nice life, but we would have to pay much more in the store for our food that already has us half way to the poor house. If any of you truly cared you would buy meat selectivy from ranchers who used only free range cattle.

    What about animal testing? I believe it is absolutly necessary, and science simply could not progress at the speed it does with out animal testing. Some companies advertise their products not tested on animals, would you be more inclined to buy them? Some tests can be cruel, such as testing chemicals on the eyes of other mamals, and it is easy to say it is wrong; but can you say we would be better off with out it?

  7. #7
    BeerBaron's Avatar
    BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i dont, or woudlnt just for no reason mistreat an animal, but when ppl put them in front of a person.. then i think animals are just that... animals. someone being mean to an animal is wrong and punishable, but if a dog bites my son, and i shooot that fuckin thing, i dont wanna hear some stupid peta fag bitch about it
    agreed

  8. #8
    Mesomorphyl's Avatar
    Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pissing on saluu
    Posts
    7,024
    I think being mindful of ecology is prudent. I am not a member of PETA, I do not hug trees, but I do eat animals... they taste good.

  9. #9
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    It's easy to say #2, no reasonable person enjoys seeing another living creature suffer. But would you be willing to pay the price for better animal treatment? Animals bred for commercial use are treated horribly NOT simply because others are with out compassion, animals are treated poorly to cut costs and make animal products cheaper. So we could let the cows free range and have a nice life, but we would have to pay much more in the store for our food that already has us half way to the poor house. If any of you truly cared you would buy meat selectivy from ranchers who used only free range cattle.

    What about animal testing? I believe it is absolutly necessary, and science simply could not progress at the speed it does with out animal testing. Some companies advertise their products not tested on animals, would you be more inclined to buy them? Some tests can be cruel, such as testing chemicals on the eyes of other mamals, and it is easy to say it is wrong; but can you say we would be better off with out it?
    Yeah I would pay for higher costs. Or I would more likely switch to a more vegitarian diet and use meat mostly as flavor not as a source of protein. Im already kind of doing that anyway(I love the taste of meat but cant afford it anyway).

    Im not against animal testing for pharmacuticals. But when it comes to cosmetics and silly shit like that I am defenetly agains it. I am also against "useless" pharmacutical animal tests. It has to be important medicines for me to justify it. Not just some new otc aspirin variation.

  10. #10
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    i believe in animal rights unless it is at the expense of humans. for example....in the state of oregon a few years back.....there were thousands of farmers put on the street practically because of environmentalists protecting the sucker fish. (whatever the hell that is). and thousands of lumbermen without jobs because of the protection of the spotted owl. etc. but being inhumane to animals for no reason, or intentional hunting of near-extinct animals such as lions and tigers is ridiculous. i also watch animal planet on tv often, and it makes me sick to see how so many people abuse their pets, and those that use dogs for fighting, etc. its wrong.

    I almost agree totaly with this post. The one thing I dont agree with is that I would have to judge man vs animal case by case. If I had to choose betwen 1000 people losing there jobs to make sure the breeding ground for a close to exctinc spieces gets preserved the chooise is easy. The chooise is probably alot more long term benificial aswell.
    I wouldt shed a term if every mink farmer in sweden was forced out of buisness.

    Hard to draw a line I supose.

  11. #11
    MASTERDBOL's Avatar
    MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    moving to austin
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I almost agree totaly with this post. The one thing I dont agree with is that I would have to judge man vs animal case by case. If I had to choose betwen 1000 people losing there jobs to make sure the breeding ground for a close to exctinc spieces gets preserved the chooise is easy. The chooise is probably alot more long term benificial aswell.
    I wouldt shed a term if every mink farmer in sweden was forced out of buisness.

    Hard to draw a line I supose.
    i understand your view point, but what is a sucker fish anyway? lol. and are they worth a thousand farmers losing their lively hood that their families have had for generations? i think not.

  12. #12
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    about the meat I can put it this way.

    Do I think its justified to let animals be keept in disgusting conditions so I can get cheap meat? NO!!!

    Do I still buy cheap meat? Yes

    Would I buy expensive meat if I could afford the choise and was sure the higher price=better treatment? Yes

    I do try to buy mostly swedish meat since we have a bit harder regulations about these kinds of things.

  13. #13
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    i understand your view point, but what is a sucker fish anyway? lol. and are they worth a thousand farmers losing their lively hood that their families have had for generations? i think not.
    lol I have no clue. Maby the farmers could change there routines a bit to preserve the fish habitat.

    Mankind sooner or later unfortunaly has to start adapting to nature, its inevitable.

  14. #14
    redmango's Avatar
    redmango is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lees summit, mo
    Posts
    92
    kill and eat however much you need.. just dont waste n e thing

  15. #15
    redmango's Avatar
    redmango is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lees summit, mo
    Posts
    92
    this makes me want to go kick some vegetarian/tree hugger asses (or go eat a steak)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •