Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: Animal rights

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Animal rights

How do you guys feel about animal rights?

1. Do you feel we have the right to do pretty much anything we want since we are on the top of the food chain and no other animal in that position shows mercy to those below.

Or

2. Do you feel we as humans have progressed so far that we should be able to treat all animals good out of compassion. Not abusing our power just because we have the ability.

I lean towards 2. I eat meat for sure, but I get seriously sic by the way cattle is treated just for profit.

I get equaly sic by how wolfs and other predators are almost extinct in some parts of the world to protect cattle. In sweden there is hardly any wolfs left.

But worst of all is the people intentionaly hunting animals like tigers, lions ect just for trophies.

No contest,number 2 for sure.I hate seeing animals suffering.

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    i believe in animal rights unless it is at the expense of humans. for example....in the state of oregon a few years back.....there were thousands of farmers put on the street practically because of environmentalists protecting the sucker fish. (whatever the hell that is). and thousands of lumbermen without jobs because of the protection of the spotted owl. etc. but being inhumane to animals for no reason, or intentional hunting of near-extinct animals such as lions and tigers is ridiculous. i also watch animal planet on tv often, and it makes me sick to see how so many people abuse their pets, and those that use dogs for fighting, etc. its wrong.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i dont, or woudlnt just for no reason mistreat an animal, but when ppl put them in front of a person.. then i think animals are just that... animals. someone being mean to an animal is wrong and punishable, but if a dog bites my son, and i shooot that fuckin thing, i dont wanna hear some stupid peta fag bitch about it

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i dont, or woudlnt just for no reason mistreat an animal, but when ppl put them in front of a person.. then i think animals are just that... animals. someone being mean to an animal is wrong and punishable, but if a dog bites my son, and i shooot that fuckin thing, i dont wanna hear some stupid peta fag bitch about it
    i agree with you on that. definitely.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    It's easy to say #2, no reasonable person enjoys seeing another living creature suffer. But would you be willing to pay the price for better animal treatment? Animals bred for commercial use are treated horribly NOT simply because others are with out compassion, animals are treated poorly to cut costs and make animal products cheaper. So we could let the cows free range and have a nice life, but we would have to pay much more in the store for our food that already has us half way to the poor house. If any of you truly cared you would buy meat selectivy from ranchers who used only free range cattle.

What about animal testing? I believe it is absolutly necessary, and science simply could not progress at the speed it does with out animal testing. Some companies advertise their products not tested on animals, would you be more inclined to buy them? Some tests can be cruel, such as testing chemicals on the eyes of other mamals, and it is easy to say it is wrong; but can you say we would be better off with out it?

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    agreed

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I think being mindful of ecology is prudent. I am not a member of PETA, I do not hug trees, but I do eat animals... they taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    It's easy to say #2, no reasonable person enjoys seeing another living creature suffer. But would you be willing to pay the price for better animal treatment? Animals bred for commercial use are treated horribly NOT simply because others are with out compassion, animals are treated poorly to cut costs and make animal products cheaper. So we could let the cows free range and have a nice life, but we would have to pay much more in the store for our food that already has us half way to the poor house. If any of you truly cared you would buy meat selectivy from ranchers who used only free range cattle.

What about animal testing? I believe it is absolutly necessary, and science simply could not progress at the speed it does with out animal testing. Some companies advertise their products not tested on animals, would you be more inclined to buy them? Some tests can be cruel, such as testing chemicals on the eyes of other mamals, and it is easy to say it is wrong; but can you say we would be better off with out it?
    Yeah I would pay for higher costs. Or I would more likely switch to a more vegitarian diet and use meat mostly as flavor not as a source of protein. Im already kind of doing that anyway(I love the taste of meat but cant afford it anyway).

Im not against animal testing for pharmacuticals. But when it comes to cosmetics and silly shit like that I am defenetly agains it. I am also against "useless" pharmacutical animal tests. It has to be important medicines for me to justify it. Not just some new otc aspirin variation.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    i believe in animal rights unless it is at the expense of humans. for example....in the state of oregon a few years back.....there were thousands of farmers put on the street practically because of environmentalists protecting the sucker fish. (whatever the hell that is). and thousands of lumbermen without jobs because of the protection of the spotted owl. etc. but being inhumane to animals for no reason, or intentional hunting of near-extinct animals such as lions and tigers is ridiculous. i also watch animal planet on tv often, and it makes me sick to see how so many people abuse their pets, and those that use dogs for fighting, etc. its wrong.

I almost agree totaly with this post. The one thing I dont agree with is that I would have to judge man vs animal case by case. If I had to choose betwen 1000 people losing there jobs to make sure the breeding ground for a close to exctinc spieces gets preserved the chooise is easy. The chooise is probably alot more long term benificial aswell.
    I wouldt shed a term if every mink farmer in sweden was forced out of buisness.

Hard to draw a line I supose.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I almost agree totaly with this post. The one thing I dont agree with is that I would have to judge man vs animal case by case. If I had to choose betwen 1000 people losing there jobs to make sure the breeding ground for a close to exctinc spieces gets preserved the chooise is easy. The chooise is probably alot more long term benificial aswell.
    I wouldt shed a term if every mink farmer in sweden was forced out of buisness.

Hard to draw a line I supose.
    i understand your view point, but what is a sucker fish anyway? lol. and are they worth a thousand farmers losing their lively hood that their families have had for generations? i think not.

about the meat I can put it this way.

Do I think its justified to let animals be keept in disgusting conditions so I can get cheap meat? NO!!!

Do I still buy cheap meat? Yes

Would I buy expensive meat if I could afford the choise and was sure the higher price=better treatment? Yes

I do try to buy mostly swedish meat since we have a bit harder regulations about these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    i understand your view point, but what is a sucker fish anyway? lol. and are they worth a thousand farmers losing their lively hood that their families have had for generations? i think not.
    lol I have no clue. Maby the farmers could change there routines a bit to preserve the fish habitat.

Mankind sooner or later unfortunaly has to start adapting to nature, its inevitable.

redmango is offline Junior Member
    kill and eat however much you need.. just dont waste n e thing

redmango is offline Junior Member
    this makes me want to go kick some vegetarian/tree hugger asses (or go eat a steak)

Thread Information