Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    sonar1234 is offline Banned

Cool Can the bible be man made and a total hoax

I am catholic and pray has everybody here probably does but at some point in my life i start asking myself some serious questions.

After reading the book the Da vinci Code, there is so many things that the church and prieset made up to keep us the humans under control.

Saying that making money is bad and the worst is that women are inferior to men, hell my girlfriend makes more money then me LOL.

Many theories state that Jesus was infact a regular man and got married and all the atrocity that are in the bible are simply not true?.

Is there a hope of life after physical death? then again i have a hard time beleiving that humans are born learn all there life and just die like that.

But then again babies die without learning nothing either.

What do you guys think about all this?

It sure got me thinking, say an NDE that someone has there is brain related fonctions.

The brain has 4 minutes that it can go without air and after that you turn into a complete vegetable????? some say this is not true????

Many people have different stories about there NDE but my grand father heart stopped twice when he add open heart surgery and he saw nothing, no light no tunnel nada??????

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    offcourse it can be man made. Or well it IS man made considering men has written it. Now if the inspiration for the writings was real divine intervention or mushroom hallucinations we will never know.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    I am catholic and pray has everybody here probably does but at some point in my life i start asking myself some serious questions.

After reading the book the Da vinci Code, there is so many things that the church and prieset made up to keep us the humans under control.

theres another book out that answers the da vinci code that i would suggest reading and not take everything thats in the da vinci code as truth. I read about this book i think in biblical arch review, i read a long excerpt talking about da vinci code and it was very good and cited where the info was coming from. id like to read it too because a good friend of mine and i had a conversation and he pointed out a lot of things like you pointed out and cited the da vinci code, but havnt had the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SONAR1234
    Saying that making money is bad and the worst is that women are inferior to men, hell my girlfriend makes more money then me LOL.

Many theories state that Jesus was infact a regular man and got married and all the atrocity that are in the bible are simply not true?.

Is there a hope of life after physical death? then again i have a hard time beleiving that humans are born learn all there life and just die like that.

I would say hold strong to your faith. I would ask where did they get information that Jesus was just 'normal'. Non-biblical books even say that at the time of Jesus, a lot of people thought him to be a miracle worker and the messiah and they had first hand experience. Where did they get info that He was married? there is no proof whatsoever unless something was dug up yesterday. I also find it hard to believe that humans are born to die. There must be a reason and to me, all evidence points to our Creator and the bible. Babies may die without learning anything earthly, but that doesnt mean they dont go to heaven. I dont know that they go to heaven or not, the bible isnt clear, but I would assume so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SONAR1234
    It sure got me thinking, say an NDE that someone has there is brain related fonctions.

The brain has 4 minutes that it can go without air and after that you turn into a complete vegetable????? some say this is not true????

Many people have different stories about there NDE but my grand father heart stopped twice when he add open heart surgery and he saw nothing, no light no tunnel nada??????
    dont base your faith on NDE. We really dont know much if anything about NDE. It doesnt prove or disprove anything.

notus is offline Member
    MY ANSWERS ARE IN BOLD....

MY ANSWERS ARE IN BOLD....I am catholic and pray has everybody here probably does but at some point in my life i start asking myself some serious questions.

Saying that making money is bad and the worst is that women are inferior to men, hell my girlfriend makes more money then me LOL. The bible doesn't say that making money is bad, but it does say that it is the root of all evil.

Is there a hope of life after physical death? then again i have a hard time beleiving that humans are born learn all there life and just die like that. It's hard to accept at first but but after awhile it is quit liberating

What do you guys think about all this?I am deist or agnostic (depending on how you define them), so I don't have an allegience to a specific organized religion.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i would not let such a shoddy work as the da vinci code shake your faith.

that book is ridiculously dumb in it's assertions to anyone who's spent more than 6 hours watching the history channel or spent any time studying the developmnt of catholicism.

what i would challenge more specifically are the doctrines of catholic faith made after the bible that are held to be set in stones, esp. the works of dickweeds liek st. augustine who said that heaven would be a front row seat to watching unrepentant sinners roast in hell.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Hell, all sacred book where made by men and altered by men!

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    The bible, Torah, Quran, etc, YES, can be a human invention but that doesn't mean G-d is.

chino777 is offline Junior Member
    "Can the bible be man made and a total hoax"?

-> all so called "holy scriptures" were and still are meant as metaphors that where conceived and written by men.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i heard there was a missing page from the bible

it was actually the first page and said

"all characters portrayed in this book are entirely fictional, any resemblence to anyone real life circumstances is purely coincidental."

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i heard there was a missing page from the bible

it was actually the first page and said

"all characters portrayed in this book are entirely fictional, any resemblence to anyone real life circumstances is purely coincidental."
    I wonder how the world would react if those words was found in the dead sea scrolls

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I wonder how the world would react if those words was found in the dead sea scrolls
    I think its impact would be minimal, and most christians would continue to believe.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    i think the impact would be big, but most christians would continue to believe. no christians would have anything they could say unless it had to do with that sentence. Id say "christianity is true, look what weve found..." and immediatly id get from Tock especially and others here "its just coincidence, it says so in your own bible". no matter what i said. all of my arguements would have to be about proving that sentence wrong. that would suck. glad they didnt let the world know. we christians isnt dumb you know.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think it began as a good intention tool to control ppl... but with anything some ppl take it to far..

bigacct is offline Junior Member

One word Sonar....., FAITH
    "The evidence of things we cannot see, and still believe."

Thread Information