Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    notus is offline Member

Why do babies go to heaven when they die?

I never figured this one out in the Christain faith.

Babies are born sinners according to the bible, However if they die they get to go to heaven without ever having trusted Christ as their savior. But man doesn't get to go to heaven because of his sin....hmmm.

Sin keeps man out of heaven but satan (the very seed of sin) approaches the throne of God. Why does satan get into heaven with sin but man can't.

I don't know if I am articulating my thoughts well.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notus
    I never figured this one out in the Christain faith.

Babies are born sinners according to the bible, However if they die they get to go to heaven without ever having trusted Christ as their savior. But man doesn't get to go to heaven because of his sin....hmmm.

Sin keeps man out of heaven but satan (the very seed of sin) approaches the throne of God. Why does satan get into heaven with sin but man can't.

I don't know if I am articulating my thoughts well.
    Noone can tell you where babies go when they die. I wish I knew. I can just assume that because I believe God is all just and all loving that they would go to heaven, but I dont know. If someone tells you they know 100%, id ask them how they know. Its not in the bible. You are correct that it is in the bible that we are born sinners. But it is also in the bible that God knows us and 'writes us' into His plan before we are even born. so I put faith in His decision, whatever it may be. Perhaps all babies go to heaven. Perhaps some. Perhaps none. We dont know.

about your satan comment, what verse are you referring to? Satan doesnt get into heaven. Perhaps you are misunderstanding a verse?

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Noone can tell you where babies go when they die. I wish I knew. I can just assume that because I believe God is all just and all loving that they would go to heaven, but I dont know. If someone tells you they know 100%, id ask them how they know. Its not in the bible. You are correct that it is in the bible that we are born sinners. But it is also in the bible that God knows us and 'writes us' into His plan before we are even born. so I put faith in His decision, whatever it may be. Perhaps all babies go to heaven. Perhaps some. Perhaps none. We dont know.

about your satan comment, what verse are you referring to? Satan doesnt get into heaven. Perhaps you are misunderstanding a verse?
    Well King David said under the inspiration of the H.S. that he would see his baby in heaven. David under the inspiration of God is pretty good.

Satan in heaven Job 1:6

Now there was a day when the sons of God [angels] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. Job 1.6

Again there was a day when the sons of God [angels] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. Job 2.1

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Babies go to Baby's heaven!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Perhaps all babies go to heaven. Perhaps some. Perhaps none. We dont know.
    Any god that would banish a newborn babe to endless and unspeakable torment
    is a savage beast worthy only of the contents of my next bowel movement.

Anyone who worships a god that might banish billions of newborn babies to such a fate worships a demon.

JMHO,

-Tock

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Babies go to Baby's heaven!
    Brilliant! considering your avatar. No really that's funny.

Well King David said under the inspiration of the H.S. that he would see his baby in heaven. David under the inspiration of God is pretty good.

Satan in heaven Job 1:6

Now there was a day when the sons of God [angels] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. Job 1.6

Again there was a day when the sons of God [angels] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. Job 2.1
    Ill do some looking into about babies. I agree that if all babies went to hell, i wouldnt like it. but the bible never says they go to hell either so why even make it such a big deal?

as for Job 1:6, angels came to present themselves before the Lord. Satan himself is an angelic being is he not? so he presented himself to the Lord as well, but this says nothing that the devil gets to go to heaven. nor does this say that the Lord was IN Heaven when the angels presented themselves to Him. Lets say He was in heaven, could God allowed him in heaven for a gathering of angels presenting to God? my understanding of the question was that the devil gets to live in heaven like believers even though the devil is a sinner. and no, the devil does not get to live in heaven. if God wants to have discussions with angels and the devil, then why not? is the devil in the lake of fire yet? Is the devil still free? Could God not show a human sinner heaven while he is on earth? HAS God shown a human sinner heaven while he was on earth? Yes.

Ill do some looking into about babies. I agree that if all babies went to hell, i wouldnt like it. but the bible never says they go to hell either
    Mark Chapter 16, verse 16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

See any exceptions here?
    Some folks think that infant baptism is sufficient, but I don't see that here. Belief plays a critical role. Either you beleive, or you don't. Roast in Hell, or Fly to Heaven.

That's the Bible's promise to mankind -- the vast majority of humanity is going to Hell.

-Tock

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Brilliant! considering your avatar. No really that's funny.
    Is it as brilliant as wondering where babies go after they die, seriously some people need to find answer elsewhere than 2000 years of lies and deception!

But in christianity, when a baby is to die soon enough he usually gets the last rites "SOOOO" therefore can be bury with everyone else and so on! or get baptism! not sure anyway

this happened to my uncle his first child die at birth and did not received anything and was prevented to be burried in a cemetary. Same shit happened a second time, this time a priest was there and got baptism and last rite and was permitted to be burried into the cemetary

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Mark Chapter 16, verse 16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

See any exceptions here?
    Some folks think that infant baptism is sufficient, but I don't see that here. Belief plays a critical role. Either you beleive, or you don't. Roast in Hell, or Fly to Heaven.

That's the Bible's promise to mankind -- the vast majority of humanity is going to Hell.

-Tock
    This may be a reference to the baptism of the holy spirit. But lets say it is water baptism that this references, notice that it is the unbelief that causes someone to be damned, not that they werent baptised.

Tock, did you believe when you were 6 months old? this is just me throwing something out there, but how do we know we didnt believe when we were young, too young for us to remember now? perhaps we did and perhaps thats why babies go to heaven??

I dont agree with baby baptisms. being baptised in water does not send you to heaven. last rites as well, many of what the catholics believe have no basis in the bible and i dont agree with them. sorry vandoo. you know though it is their cemetary and if they say you have to do this or that to be burried there, and you want to bury someone there, then you have to follow what they say i guess.

Tock, did you believe when you were 6 months old? this is just me throwing something out there, but how do we know we didnt believe when we were young, too young for us to remember now? perhaps we did and perhaps thats why babies go to heaven??
    Children at 6 months old don't even understand the concept of death, much less Hellfire and brimstone, the Trinity, ressurection, and etc etc etc. And as I've said before, if you can't understand something, you certainly can't beleive it.

-Tock

communication and understanding are not the same thing.

Children at 6 months old don't even understand the concept of death, much less Hellfire and brimstone, the Trinity, ressurection, and etc etc etc. And as I've said before, if you can't understand something, you certainly can't beleive it.

-Tock
    and who says you have to understand all of those concepts to get to heaven??

there are people today who dont understand some of those concepts, yet they have faith in God... thats all it takes.

btw tock, just wanted to say Hi. since i know you are on...good talking to you too. isnt it late where you are? I need to eat lunch soon. heh. gonna suck when i actually start my job..i wont be on with you guys anymore.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    this is bullsheit everyone is born pure and innocent

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    this is bullsheit everyone is born pure and innocent
    Not according to the bible.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    And if God wants to torture people........what can you do???........
    Kinda scary for the free-willys of the world.........

thing is to me, going along with badgerman here, that whether I like it or not, whether i agree or not, etc, Hes the creator. what can we do? If we had the most evillest of creators ever to imagine, if he WAS really the creator, then hes the creater and we are in his world and should give him some form of respect at least for creating us. we're just lucky imo to have such a loving creator. right?

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Not according to the bible.
    i haven't read much of it in a long time, but i don't think it says that anywhere. i beleive what you're thinking of is the catholic doctrine of "original sin" which basically states that since adam sinned, we are born with sin in us. it was made up long after Jesus lived.

it's not exactly tight logic and not exactly accepted by all christians.

what presents a tighter arguement that babies go to hell is the quote from mark 16.

my boss is a catholic and i asked him this just the other day- actually i asked if miscarriages go to hell and he said "no, why would you think that?" and i said because of original sin. the he said they don't because a priest adminsters some random rite when a miscarriage occurs. i couldn't argue with that lol.

there are people today who dont understand some of those concepts, yet they have faith in God... thats all it takes.
    . . . that, plus some sort of water baptism. Oh, and you can't commit the "unpardonable sin:"

Mark 3:28-29 --
    28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Um, and you can't dance on Sunday, or play cards, or have oral sex on Sunday, or anal sex on Good Friday between the hours of noon and midnight.

And there are lots of other things you can't do . . . ask your local Pharasee for details . . .

-Tock

btw tock, just wanted to say Hi. since i know you are on...good talking to you too. isnt it late where you are? I need to eat lunch soon. heh.
    Yep, it's late. Guess I must be part vampire . . .

gonna suck when i actually start my job..i wont be on with you guys anymore.
    Oh no! You're not gonna leave us ALONE with Books, are you? Oh oh . . .
    -Tock

i agree. in fact ive made references to the blaspheme against the holy ghost. it is unpardonable sin. All other sins are forgivable.

Yep, it's late. Guess I must be part vampire . . .

Oh no! You're not gonna leave us ALONE with Books, are you? Oh oh . . .
    -Tock

Ill be on just at opposite times. 12 hours difference here.

Thread Information