Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Question to americans

Im just very curious about one thing.

It seems like many americans seems to think the rest of the world is jelous towards the usa and that jelousy is the reason for the anomisity the world holds against the us now.

I dont mean this as a bash. But why should we be jelous?
    I think america is a great country, but beside beeing the most important economic engine in the world. What else make you better than japan,germany, france, sweden or norway to mention a few

I see this "jelous of our freedom" bullshit attitude as a real danger, since it inhibits alot of us people to realy try to understand the reason for why the world doesnt approve of the us actions.

I think we swedes and a big chunck of the rest of the world feel we are watching a dangerous blind patriotism form in usa.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    well certain arab countries are , and also some hate towards the freedom of religion in the states....

look johan , I havent been in the states in a long time , but man what more could anyone want? its a great country, true some things are ****ed up....but it's AMERICA

now if only they legalized cannabis and un-banned steroids and supps....there..it would be the greatest country

Yeah I agree that its a great country. But no greater than most european countries. No greater than japan A big economy doesnt neccesarly make a country the greatest....

It just gets very old to hear the "they are just jealous" thrown around. Cause in reality that isnt the case at all.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Actually in western society I see America as being one of the least free. Its a great country no doubt, made up of immigrants from the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Actually in western society I see America as being one of the least free. Its a great country no doubt, made up of immigrants from the rest of the world.

could you expand on that? Do you feel its like that becuase of the limited options among american parties?

zOaib is offline VET
    AMERICA is a well programmed software , updated and patched all the time by the government programmers , its main purpose is to regulate the capitalisitic goal , globalization through giving means to the people to have a better life on CREDIT , so everyone can have a feeling of being not so POOR ........... and its a well written program because it has successfully integrated the majority of the People to Love the Flag without questions , and the few that have woken up to realize the MATRIX they r screwed into , think otherwise ................. so why is the world jealous of U.S ............. i think that is a question integrated in our minds to supply reason for our actions through out the world .

but america is great , people are awesome SERIOUSLY but , america needs an awakening !

America is not as free as we think. The patriot act violates all of our civil rights and we are no longer free.

1.) Police may search your car, body or home without a search warrant

2.) Police may wire tap your home, car or work without a warrant

3.) Police are allowed access to all of your personal confidential files that they would normally not be allowed to.

Back on topic. All other countires don't hate America because of it's freedom (which is non-existent now anyways,) but because of the fact that America has American Military in 120 countries in the world. These countires are obviously pissed because America is putting it's nose into places it shouldn't and causing world dilemas. What you're not seeing on the news is people dying in all these countries for no reason. Bush wants soldiers in these countries to control the world. I can understand if you want contol, but there's other political ways to make control, such as money. It is wrong to invade a persons homeland and kill they're family just so you have control of that nation. Now Asians have all the money and we have all the power.

Well, people say certain things make the world go round. SMP (Sex, Money, Power) Some say sex, I disagree. Some say money, I agree. Some say power, I agree. Money and power go hand to hand. Show me one place that has power that doesn't have money (or doesn't have money anymore looking at America)

Point being, this is going to be a very tough struggle between America and Asia now. Bush made a big mistake to waste the national treasury on the war in Iraq. Only time can tell which countries will come out alive.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya, I'd have to go along with that . . .
    Pretty much, the corporations run the US government, and multi-national corporations have business interests around the world, and the US military is used to protect the interests of US business and US corporations.
    When people in other countries raise objections to US meddling in their internal affairs, American politicians appeal to nationalism, wave the flag and say, "What's up with those foreigners who dare to complain about us looking after our interests?" Sad to say, there are lots of people (in every country) who don't bother to think through this sort of BS, and end up supporting irrational political policies.

Anyway, so long as Americans want resources that belong to foreigners, our obnoxious leaders will do whatever it takes to get them. We assume that it is our "manifest destiny" and proper place in the world to lead (and control) inferior peoples, and that by doing so, we do them a great service. The resentment that we create is passed off as unfounded jealousy or hate.

IMHO, US foreign policy is a disaster . . . it's no surprise to me that the US is distrusted around the planet . . .

-Tock

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    ive never thought the world is jealous of the u.s. for those who dont like the u.s., i think its cuz they think all americans are rich. thats the feeling ive gotten in every country ive been to. and they want a piece of that, and they hate that they work 12-15 hours daily for very little money and the u.s. people work, for the most part 8-10 hours and get paid more. i agree, it sucks...ive met some good good people that work their butts off and paid a fraction of what i make. and we may have a little more money, but we arent rich. our inflated income also inflates the prices of what we buy. example, in the states, lets say you make $40k a year, tell that to a chinese guy here and he has the impression that you are one of the 'elite' of china. but what he doesnt realize is if you want to take your family to a movie, it can cost $100! if you wanna go out to eat to a decent restaurant, $100+. in china, a chinese family of 5 can get an amazing 6 course meal for like $10. movie tickets i think are like 2 bucks... but the chinese man's salary is, when looked at on paper, extremely low. well of course they couldnt live in the states with that salary, but they make out just fine in china.

as far as the 'world cops' thing. i disagree with the inspector's view. that view is sometimes shown on the outside, but ive made some good good friends in other countries and from what they say, yea, they may make a stink of it, but they are happy they have the states backing...of course there are different views and not everyone feels that way, but most. a lot of countries say this and that, but then who do they call when something goes wrong... why do you think we have bases in so many countries. example qatar..you know why we have bases over there?? because saudi was building military up close to their border and they thought saudi was going to attack. so what do they do? hey call the u.s. and give them a base here. why? because do you think saudi is going to attack little qatar who, by the way, has u.s. bases, not even 20 mins from the saudi border and most likely would aid qatar? no. so yea, the u.s. is the world police. and sometimes the u.s. may make some money from it...but sometimes the u.s. doesnt make money from it. is it bad to also want to make money as well as help someone? everyone wins. and its obviously not a lot of money, look at our defecit. and also, very important, every country weve attacked, weve rebuilt better than it was before and given money to aid them...so come on.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    could you expand on that? Do you feel its like that becuase of the limited options among american parties?
    Well yes, thats something which I've discussed with people in the past. What happens when you've such limited scope, that the policies of two parties merge untill the public can no longer see there's a difference?.

One thing should be cleared up. Don't mistake anti-Bush sentiments for anti-American!. I speak to American tourists here every weekend in my weekend job, they're amazed the the amount of anti_Bush feelings exsist in Europe while support for America is huge!.

Foreign policy, well lets just say that people hate the school yard bully.

hey bouncer, you think u.s. is the bully in iraq or the one who is tryin to help by getting rid of the bully?

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    hey bouncer, you think u.s. is the bully in iraq or the one who is tryin to help by getting rid of the bully?
    Thats a loaded question. I think the US has absolutely no business in Iraq in the first place. Saddam and the US were pretty close bed buddies once!.

didnt mean to load it. how bout this. do you think that iraq was fine how it was when saddam and his sons were in power? lets say there were no other reasons, like no terrorist activity. just do you think that saddam's family rule over the country was ok?

No it was terrible. But I don't see the point in the line your taking.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Foreign policy, well lets just say that people hate the school yard bully.
    just a reply to people who think the us is a bully. you didnt say you thought this, just made a comment, but just wanted to get your thoughts since you posted and i knew you were online.

i agree that it was terrible. and if for no other reason that to help iraq's people get out of the hussein control, i think the u.s. did the right thing, and isnt being a bully. im not saying there isnt a time, but im not the most educated in politics...can you or anyone give an example of when the u.s. really did bully?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    This topic could go on for ever. Personally, I don't think we're superior or that God made us any better than any other countries. The best part about America...We The People. The government in my opinion is on a whirlwind down the crapper. The gov't is too corrupt and works to attain a one world gov't (New World Order)...Our Country is not led by "We the People". It is lead by figures and corporations.

One thing that has been on my mind is the war in Iraq etc...When 911 happened; I was nearly committed to joining the armed forces to go kill some motha fuqas and get revenge...Now that the truth has unfolded and there are no weapons of mass destruciotn etc...it shows that they created a state of fear for Americans and stirred the pot for a cause greater than we all really know. The bottom line now is that many people have died etc. The money spent on this war could have provided Americans with Health Insurance, rebuilding our own poverty stricken neighborhoods and tending for things on our own soil etc. We had the chance to assissinate that queer Bin Laden and Hussein in the past and we didn't do it. God bless the troops fighting for WE THE PEOPLE. War is big business.

Sometimes other people's problems, philosophies and ways of life need to be left alone. We constantly find ourselves in the middle of people's problems. I've seen the school yard bully where I live get lynched and beaten to a bloody pulp...(more than once). Now I'm just rambling and getting worked up on something I can't control and I could say so many things on so many topics...The bottom line is that I love the People of the United States (50 states) and that land I live in; not the United States that is controlled by the Dist of Columbia and a few other territories and corporations that create and work towards a corrupt and self fulfilling goal. Maybe it's the quench for money and power or maybe just prophecy fulfilling itself.

I thought about deleting this post until I went back top again and read Johan's thread and thought you know...it's interesting to see people's points of view outside of the U.S. and see what people that are not soaked with the tricks our gov't and news media play on all day long. We do need to be awoken.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    just a reply to people who think the us is a bully. you didnt say you thought this, just made a comment, but just wanted to get your thoughts since you posted and i knew you were online.

i agree that it was terrible. and if for no other reason that to help iraq's people get out of the hussein control, i think the u.s. did the right thing, and isnt being a bully. im not saying there isnt a time, but im not the most educated in politics...can you or anyone give an example of when the u.s. really did bully?
    Iraqi's should be very happy for the deeds we have done. and Freeing them from the regime of Hussein was a task no one else was willing to take (except our allies in the war of course).
    BUT...we could have killed that fuka many years ago and avoided the whole war. I'm still hearing on the news that there is weapons of mass destruction and no proof...It's so nice to hear New News that's Positive. In the U.S. Media All we hear in the U.S. is negative bull shi*.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    I wouldn't say that we're bullies and the truth is that we really do get in teh middle of people's problems and then try and force our way of capitalism, democracy and way of life onto them.

we could have killed/captured/etc hussein years ago... but what would we have told people then? i agree is all we hear is negative bs. id like to hear when operations do good, or when good things happen. i guess we are a minority..

I'm always amazed when I read Americans saying things like "the rest of the world hates us" or "they are jealous"... they seem to think that all we think about is the US all the time...

Fact of the matter most of the rest of the world could not possibly care less what goes on in the US and how Americans live. Every other country has enough of it's own problems, "being jealous of" or "hating" the US is not even on their radar screen.

It is true that dubya is disliked by many outside the US, but it's only related to how his policies affect their own country, and he brought that dislike on by his open contempt for the rest of the world. But dubya is NOT America... disliking a POLITICIAN doesn't equate to disliking a whole country.

Just my 2 cents worth

Red

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    how many americans actually living in the US have responded to this thread??

me wolf.

me wolf.
    but didnt u just say you lived in china in a previous post?? about the 2008 olympics

im an american, moved to china in june working at the american embassy. ill be here till 2008, unless my wife and i extend our duty here for another year, so we can see the olympics.

so ok, now that i reread your post, no im currently not living in the states. i read it quickly as "americans responding". what does me or someone's not currently living in the states have to do with this? would it have been different if i responded to this post in may?

Badgerman is offline Banned
    im an american, moved to china in june working at the american embassy. ill be here till 2008, unless my wife and i extend our duty here for another year, so we can see the olympics.
    SO YOU"RE A SPY MAX?????

OMG an honest to Gawd CIA man right here!!!

What do you think of the Plame thing???

I think Cheney should resign.......he's an evil man

haha im not a spy...lol. i just do computer admin, nothing special.

so ok, now that i reread your post, no im currently not living in the states. i read it quickly as "americans responding". what does me or someone's not currently living in the states have to do with this? would it have been different if i responded to this post in may?
    well i know people who've been living abroad for a few years and have no idea whats going on currently in america...at lot has changed since bush took office. thats all.

ah... yea. doing what i do i see your point, a lot of these people havnt been to the states in like 10 years! see what you mean. i just moved out of country so im still a real american..hehe. another 6 months and maybe ill be a chinaman with american rights..

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Yeah I agree that its a great country. But no greater than most european countries. No greater than japan A big economy doesnt neccesarly make a country the greatest....

It just gets very old to hear the "they are just jealous" thrown around. Cause in reality that isnt the case at all.

I think it stems from other countries always trying to tell us how to run our country. "You should this, this, and this". We are a young country and still the most powerful. I think we know what we are doing.

ps You know that when 9/11 happened many in Europe cheered out of blind hatred...and we hadnt gone to war with Iraq yet...

when 9/11 happened all of europe was holding the US back. Tell me one country in europe that cheered???

I dont know any country that tells the us how to run there country either to be honest maby when it comes to foreign policy and the country in question is effected.

RA
    when 9/11 happened all of europe was holding the US back. Tell me one country in europe that cheered???

I dont know any country that tells the us how to run there country either to be honest maby when it comes to foreign policy and the country in question is effected.

I love it that you act like you have no idea what Im talking about..

You dont personally know anyone that was happy about the U.S. getting hit?? Im not talking about countries, Im talking about individuals.

As far as other countries trying to tell us what to do:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...9/164418.shtml

you will always find some individual that acts and feel like a turd. But Im saying you wont find many europeans that did cheer.
    and no I dont personaly know of anyone that was happy.

Do you personaly know anyone that feelt that the tsunami was a splendid thing and that enjoyed the fact that the nordic countries had the most tourists in the areas?

I have never seen any fotage, any media coverage of any europeans that liked the 9/11 incident.

Why are you suprised that other countries wants to see that the us fulfill a deal they agreed on??

The omly foreigners cheering were the Israelis filming the incident from the rooftops.........

I think MAX works for the CIA........

RA
    you will always find some individual that acts and feel like a turd.

But Im saying you wont find many europeans that did cheer.
    and no I dont personaly know of anyone that was happy.
    I am truly surprised by this answer. Also glad to hear it.

Do you personaly know anyone that feelt that the tsunami was a splendid thing and that enjoyed the fact that the nordic countries had the most tourists in the areas?

no

Why are you suprised that other countries wants to see that the us fulfill a deal they agreed on??

This is another bullshit ploy to bring the U.S. down. China produces 10x the amount we do, you see their name on that? No.

amstaf is offline Associate Member
    im stiil wondering why we call it a free country we cant event step past the sidewalk with an alcoholic bevrage without getting arested or fined theres alot of things you would think we would be able to do but cant or we just do stupid things like raise the speed limit in areas with more traffic and keep it lower in parts where theres hardly any i think our govt needs to look at its policies a little closer like the sex offenders law great law just needs to be looked over if you get caught pissing in an ally you can get charged with indecent exposure in turn you have to sign on the sex offenders registry everytime you move you cant live by a school or daycare if you moon a friend and get caught same thing its just B S i think

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by amstaf
    im stiil wondering why we call it a free country we cant event step past the sidewalk with an alcoholic bevrage without getting arested or fined theres alot of things you would think we would be able to do but cant or we just do stupid things like raise the speed limit in areas with more traffic and keep it lower in parts where theres hardly any i think our govt needs to look at its policies a little closer like the sex offenders law great law just needs to be looked over if you get caught pissing in an ally you can get charged with indecent exposure in turn you have to sign on the sex offenders registry everytime you move you cant live by a school or daycare if you moon a friend and get caught same thing its just B S i think

Thats how good we have it. You get to bitch about stuff like this..

amstaf is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Thats how good we have it. You get to bitch about stuff like this..
    ha ha lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information